Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2002 4:57:29 PM EDT
I see "User Info", "Reply", "Quote", and "Send IM Message" buttons in posts and replies, but there's no "send e-mail" icon visible to me. Am I doing something wrong, or is contact info hidden now?
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing it's not just me, I've noticed a few people on the E.E. that are having trouble too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#2]
From the cover page:

One other change is that the site will no longer display ANY email addresses except for those from the staff. This will help protect users from worms/viruses such as KLEM. It will also help keep addresses from being farmed from the site
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotcha. I saw that a number of times, it just didn't sink in. I guess we've got to list our e-mail address every time we list something for sale instead then. Seems like a pain...
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#4]
At least let people have the option to chose wheather they want their email displayed or not. It is their email!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
At least let people have the option to chose wheather they want their email displayed or not. It is their email!!
View Quote

Good idea, I think that's how it was before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top