Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2001 10:09:12 PM EDT
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,

THE BUILD IT YOURSELF FORUM IS A WORLD OF KNOWLEDGE AT IT'S ASKING, THERE ARE MANY WHO HANG OUT THERE TO HELP ONE ANOTHER, WE GIVE ,TRADE AND SELL OUR IDEAS TO HELP ONE ANOTHER BUILD (AR15, 1911, M1A,M1, 10/22 AND OTHER TYPE WEAPONS) I GUESS I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS ( BUT I SEE NOW THAT THIS IS A NO NO AND WE GET LOCKED TOPICS) PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ON THIS SUBJECT MORE.

ALSO WE HELP OTHERS WITH QUESTIONS ON DOING GUNSMITH WORK, SOME OF US NEED THIS VAST GROUP OF KNOWLEDGE AT OUR FINGER TIPS

HERE IS A LIST OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE MADE THIS FORUM INTERESTING AND HIGHLY TRAVELED;
(IN THE PASSED 3 YEARS)

ARS4EVER (RICK)
OSI (ALEX)
TANNERY_SHOP (WILLIAM)
AFRETIRED (DAVE)

AND ALOT OF OTHERS OUT THERE TOO MANY TO LIST

WHY SHOULD OUR (TOPICS BE LOCKED)
WE ARE HELPING ONE ANOTHER IN THIS FORUM (BUILD IT YOURSELF) IF IT WAS'NT FOR THE JIGS AND MACHINIST, AND OTHER GARAGE(GUN)SMITHS OUT THERE LEADING OTHERS TO MAKING AN AR FROM A STRIPPED LOWER OR CASTING OR A FORGING THEN WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE?

PLEASE CONSIDER TO LEAVE THIS FORUM (OF KNOWLEDGE) SO OTHER CAN ENJOY IT TO THE FULLEST

SINCERLY
AND THANK YOU

WILLIAM R. SNELLING
TANNERY_SHOP
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:08:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I agree with William. All of the people he named where a great help in getting me started in ARs. Maybe the site could cut them a deal (low cost advertising) so they can continue to post here. Be advised, I tell people where I saw there ads or where refered to them from. If these guys have to go to anothere site many people will follow.

Pardon pore grammer (public shcools and the spell checker arent working).

R35

Your site, do what you wish.
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Hey guys (moderators) OK, you got my attention from nuking most of my threads.  I'll talk deal, but you are going to have to get more reasonable on the advertising rates and structure another tier for the smaller niche sellers like those listed above.

Yes, I now make a few bucks off the jigs, but probably not as much as you think.  It started out as something I invented in my garage and people started offering to buy them from me.  Not exactly your model for a dot-com mega-power but I guess if I net more than $500 a month, that is better than 95% of the dot-coms who were just flushing venture capital.

Forums like you see here at AR15.com ought to be cheap or open for small inventors and test marketers to bring something to market or else all you will end up with are the same retail marketers you see in Shotgun News or at the gun shows.  

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
This is getting to be a bunch of B.S.  We had a simmilar situation on the optics Forum.  Some of us wanted a mount that did not exist, another member thought he could fabricate some prototypes.  When he tried to charge a scant $35 for 3 units he wa booted.  No way did $105 even come close to reimbursing him for his materials let alone his time and effort.  This sucks.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2002 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is getting to be a bunch of B.S.  We had a simmilar situation on the optics Forum.  Some of us wanted a mount that did not exist, another member thought he could fabricate some prototypes.  When he tried to charge a scant $35 for 3 units he wa booted.  No way did $105 even come close to reimbursing him for his materials let alone his time and effort.  This sucks.  
View Quote

Agreed-I was into buying one of those mounts, but now where can we discuss them? Can we see what people will pay? Can we take advance orders, before we begin buying metal and cutting?

What about the handguard removal tool? That began here too, and the guy who invented it was allowed to discuss it and then {gasp} sell it.

Juggernaut

Link Posted: 1/1/2002 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]

JAGGERNAUT;
What about the handguard removal tool? That began here too, and the guy who invented it was allowed to discuss it and then {gasp} sell it.

WHEN HE POSTED THIS GREAT ITEM ON THE "BUILD IT YOURSELF" ( I BOUGHT ONE ) IT IS A GREAT ITEM

THIS IS A PRODUCT THAT FITS THE "BUILD IT YOURSELF" FORUM, TO A TEE

WILLIAM
Link Posted: 1/2/2002 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 12:35:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Goatboy, you have mail (again)
Link Posted: 1/3/2002 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/5/2002 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Guys, I read through the above, and I only see one "team member" responding. Now, I've only been around here a short time (thanksOSI),but have done 2 deals, one of which was a trade. I'm enough ahead of the game to more than pay for membership, which I did this morning (1/5/02).I have gotten more benefit from this site (because of the people here) than any other on the net.I sure don't mind ponying up a few bucks to keep this thing going......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top