Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2001 8:12:09 PM EDT
I feel that when the product is SOLD, it should be deleted. It is a weaste of time reading and responding to SOLD items...Thanks from Firepower
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#1]

It would be MUCH better if the seller used the edit function to edit his post's subject
                 line to show 'SOLD'...

The archival value of 'real' sale prices is a *valuable* resource... and worth the
                 hassle IMO... when inconsiderate users can't keep up with their housekeeping...

Perhaps the Moderators could include that as one of their 'strong' suggestions in a
                 'pinned to the top' set of rules of etiquete and admonish folks who chronically ignore
                 their 'housekeeping'...

OCTJMO, ICBW...

db

Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#3]
A few more ideas -

1.) Already mentioned above, sellers should update their ads.

2.) Sellers should be encouraged to combine their ads if possible.  Some sellers list as many 5-6 seperate ads when some of it could be combined.  This would help conserve board space & be more considerate to other sellers.

If not that, then perhaps individuals be  limited to a maximum of say 3 ads per page.

3.) Sellers should be encouraged to allow at least 24-36 hrs. to pass before posting a 'BTT'.

4.) Sellers should be encouraged to post their price in the ad AND not be posting WTS ads that are links to their auctions elsewhere.

5.) I know plans are being discussed for a dedicated feedback forum but until it's in place could post be left unlocked for feedback discussion of that seller (unless locked for beligerent comments or other reasons as such).

GB, I know I've already mentioned some of these ideas before to you and have discussed some of it with MMK, maybe there will more input from others buyers & sellers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A few more ideas -

2.) Sellers should be encouraged to combine their ads if possible.  Some sellers list as many 5-6 seperate ads when some of it could be combined.  This would help conserve board space & be more considerate to other sellers.

If not that, then perhaps individuals be  limited to a maximum of say 3 ads per page.

View Quote

Kevin...

The problem with this one idea is that the subject line needs to tell one enough about the included stuff to give a clue as to whether click'n wait'n is worth ones while...

Jes a lil common sense and thought by the seller could help in this regard figgern out the cases it'd work...  fat chance, eh...  ;)

As another astute ar15.comer likes ta say... thaz my .233 cents worth...

db
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree that when a product is sold the thread should be marked as such.Many people on the internet use this information as a guide to the current market value of firearms.
 AS to putting limitations on the number of ads per page or the combination of different products offer for sale by the same seller,this is just absurd.I'll say the same for the BBT and restriction of links to auctions.
  I do agree that the asking price along with the sellers email address should be included in the post.
   I have received ,at last count 48 emails from people who,like myself are sick and tried of the running commentary on matters of price,If you don't like the asking price move on.If you had a bad experience with a seller then state so with facts.I will delete or edit posts that serve no other propose but to flame.kirk
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sorry but I think posting 7 ads all at once on the same page is somewhat rude to other sellers.  It just isn't that hard to combine ads, example:

'Factory hi-caps: Sig, Glock, Ruger & HK'

I also think it's a waste of board space to create duplicate ads and not go back and delete older [u]duplicate ads w/ no sales or responses[/u].  

The 'BTT' is really annoying when people do it every few hours and never change anything on their ad.  It would be different if he was changing something.  However some feel they need to keep their ad at top every little bit.  [i](This doesn't happen often but I have witnessed it several times.)[/i]

Quoted:

It would be MUCH better if the seller used the edit function to edit his post's subject line to show 'SOLD'...
View Quote

I agree, simply [b]edit[/b] your ad as 'SOLD' and not reply to it as being 'sold' which once again moves it to the top and everybody else back down.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 2:47:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
[b]The 'BTT' is really annoying when people do it every few hours and never change anything on their ad.  It would be different if he was changing something[/b]
View Quote

Annoying to whom? You? WTF,life is full of Annoyances.you need to get a life and not worry about how many ads someone posts.
Kevin,sir, since I've become the moderator
in the Equipment Exchange Forum.You,yes you have stirred up more crap about BS that never concerned you before.Why does it concern you now?I searched your past "for sale ads" back to 5/2/01.In a few you didn't have any problem about using up almost a full page with the mixed Items you were selling.More space in fact then is used by those who post multiple ads.I also didn't see any of your ads marked as sold for that matter or deleted when you didn't sell anything for months.I do need to thank you for the best laugh I've had in sometime reading your USA mags for sale @ $22.00 post.kirk

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By madman kirk:
Kevin,sir, since I've become the moderator
in the Equipment Exchange Forum.You,yes you have stirred up more crap about BS that never concerned you before.Why does it concern you now?I searched your past "for sale ads" back to 5/2/01.In a few you didn't have any problem about using up almost a full page with the mixed Items you were selling.More space in fact then is used by those who post multiple ads.I also didn't see any of your ads marked as sold for that matter or deleted when you didn't sell anything for months.I do need to thank you for the best laugh I've had in sometime reading your USA mags for sale @ $22.00 post.kirk
View Quote

So instead of making just one ad you prefer I post 7-8 seperate ads at once???  I'm sorry but I truly believe that is more burdensome to the system than my one post with multiple items.  In the mag' forum I have 5 f/s ads going back 3 months, instead you prefer I list everything seperate and have 20 ads???

As for my ads being marked sold I think you need to go back and look at my ads a little closer, I've been marking the items in my ads 'sold' for a long time.  Everyone of those ads except for one had stuff sold in them and those sold items were marked (except for two small items).

Laugh all you want about the [u]the one and only[/u] USA mag I've had or tried to sell but I thought it was you who said '...like myself are sick and tried of the running commentary on matters of price,If you don't like the asking price move on.'  I don't appreciate the implication that I sell junk.  Anybody that knows me knows otherwise.

Kirk, it's nice to know you think I'm the biggest a**hole of the E.E.. My [b]SUGGESTIONS[/b] were placed here, I've never said anything or tried to impose any of my comments to those at the E.E.  I've tried to be nothing but decent & helpful to the other members of this board, I didn't think the ideas above were such a threat.  

Addressing something else, before you ever became moderator GB asked for ideas about any changes for E.E. at which time I e-mailed him a few thoughts.  Since you've became moderator I haven't gone behind your back or anything.  Now that there is a moderator gives reason to make suggestions because if anything is implemented (whoever it may come from) it can be acted upon.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Kevin I do not now nor have I ever thought of you as an asshole.I have in fact used some of
of your ideas already.I'm appreciative of
your thoughts and ideas you have shared with me in your emails to me.Sometimes after pulling an all nighter I don't word my posts as I intended to.for that i apologize to you.maybe at 6:47 in the morning i need to muzzle my keyboard.kirk
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is my unwanted 2 cents... I like it pretty much the way it is.  I agree that if a guys is selling several of the same type thing than it could be incorporated but for some items it just isn't practical.  For instance, say I was selling 4 different M1 Carbines, 1 FN SPR and also some new fangled AR. Id say the carbines should get one add, not 4 and the other two items get their own adds as well, since they are not the same type of weapon or item, whatever the case may be.  Putting them all in one add as "Rifles for sale" is not IMHO good marketing. I now (as we all have been instructed) put sold on the header line after it sells.  I never really gave it much thought before and just put it in the body of the post.  This way is better and saves time for the guys looking.  Personally, I do not like adds that go like this:  WTS 1 Pistol, 2 shotguns and a Rifle.  I like details in the header so I don't waste time looking at adds the "might" have something that I am interested in.  I also want to say I think MMK is doing a great job, has even edited one of my posts to fix a faulty link.  I think limiting people to a couple adds to a page would be hard as they are bumped to the top each time someone replies so it would be impossible to keep only 3 on per page and why in the world would anyone want to slow down one of the best features of the site?  There you have it, my unsolicited opinion as a frequent poster on the Exchange Forums... I used to use SubGuns great site for my buying/selling but they cannot touch the effectiveness of AR15.com, mostly because of the way it is currently set up and how it is ran.  You will have to excuse the grammar problems as I am in a hurry and don't have time to edit...  JC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top