Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2001 2:02:05 PM EDT
in order to log on... and anywhere else they may be *required* for that matter (don't think they are but not sure)...

And if not, a flag that cookies are required in addition to the 'wrong id or pw' error msg would be helpful...

db 'what don't want no steenk'n cookies' cooper
Link Posted: 7/3/2001 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#1]

btt...

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]
WTF are cookies.  $$$$$$$$$$$$
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 9:46:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
WTF are cookies.  $$$$$$$$$$$$
View Quote

You can get a good explaination with a web search... better than me trying to explain it...

It's privacy issue... and while I have no problem w/ that here I'm forced to have to go into my 'settings' and reset to 'accept cookies' just in order to log on here as I don't accept ANY cookies that I can avoid, which means I then have to remember to reset it back before further surfing... I have to do it at some other sites, but frankly I don't feel they are a necessary evil here... I'm pretty sure there's other ways to handle the 'remember my ID/PW' deal...

OCTJMO, ICBW...

db
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:49:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cookies shouldn't be necessary for simple login (except session cookies which expire when you leave anyhow.)

They store a few values for your settings, which of course you can live without, but with the exception of the session cookies, you should be fine. Let me know if you find out otherwise. At the moment there is no plan to move them server side, although when we move to the new ISP it is very possible.

-- GB
View Quote

GB...

Guess I'm not making my point very well... the problem lies in having go into my settings and change them just so I can get logged in... and then try to remember to change them back when I go elsewhre... I realize the cookies used here are session cookies... it's jes a bunch of extra hassle going and coming... fix the dang thing to let those who wish their info 'saved' to choose that option which I assume then requires cookies, but let the rest of us paranoid types put it in for each session and/or each post like before...

Thanks...

db
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top