BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@Nightstalker32

Dead serious, if anyone wants out, PM me. My agency needs about half a dozen officers, and has a wildly better quality of life. Small tourist area, low drama, good chain of command, good civic management, decent (though not California-level) pay, and lots of room for advancement. We haven't had a murder in well over a year now, and almost a year since the last shooting.

Get out and go somewhere you'll be appreciated.
View Quote

Santa Rosa County? I think the Navy chick was only a few months ago though...
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You have no idea where his heart is and what's going to happen when he loses his income over this.
View Quote

I have a pretty good idea.  A lot of people on this board are in the same boat.  It's mostly the online chest thumping I'm tired of.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Update,.
    After the city finding out how many officers were not going to comply ( hearing 40 or 50 percent) the city stepped back.   We thought we had a small victory.  Instead, the city doubled down.. they filed a lawsuit against fop president. The judge issued some sort of gag order, stopping the fop president from speaking about vaccine or our refusal until Monday.    
  ( The judge that ordered it is known to be good friends with the mayor. )
    The new talks now are that the city is going to go all out.  Tomorrow at some point they will have our supervisors ( sgts, Lts) give each one of us a direct order to submit our vaxx status on the Portal.  Refusal is automatic termination.

This is how they'll win.   Ppl fought knowing that a no pay status still meant there will be a job to go back to.  But immediate termination is already changing the tunes of so many.  
      A major hospital around the city just fired 30 doctors for refusal.

They will not stop.    The worst form of tyranny ( " for your own Good")
View Quote

Why not just let them fire you and work somewhere else.  Yeah, I know there is a pension issue.  Is that worth your life and safety?  Chicago is bad and getting worse.  With all the George Floyd retirements there must be some job openings in the burbs that an experienced officer could step into?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I have a pretty good idea.  A lot of people on this board are in the same boat.  It's mostly the online chest thumping I'm tired of.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no idea where his heart is and what's going to happen when he loses his income over this.

Then log off because there’s going to be a lot more of it,  I assure you, it won’t just be online chest thumping.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 10:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Those that are taking a stand I wish you luck.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Those that are taking a stand I wish you luck.
View Quote

It really sucks if you have kids and stay at home mom.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#7]
They’re starting to send home cops today if they do not comply.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:27:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Buddy, if you wanted to fight back against tyranny, you could have done so a long time ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Leave his job and lose everything he has over it while trying to survive or find another job in his field of expertise that does not require the same mandates. Good choice. He probably isn't one of the many GD millionaires that can walk off a job just because. Let me, guess, you are retired or work in a small private shop without mandates?

We got another one! Coward!! Trust me when I say, my job, benefits, etc...are infinitely better than yours. When my turn comes, I will fight it. If I lose, I will be canned.  Yep, I'm an internet tough guy.

You do realize there are other jobs in this world, right?  Some of the cowards think that if you stand up for freedom, and sacrifice your dental plan, that you will never get it back again.  Hence, they are cowards.  Defeatists.

Log off this bitch to never come back.  And if you have children, go tell them that daddy bends the knee to a bunch of communist shit bags who want him and his family deader than fuck.
Buddy, if you wanted to fight back against tyranny, you could have done so a long time ago.

What makes you think many haven't been trying in whatever way they can ?

This is a little more personal and easier to resist on a personal level though.

The voter fraud upsets me but there isn't much I can do about it other then write my representatives and give my support to investigations or reforms. I can't opt out.

With this people have a choice. Comply or not.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That line has been moving for years. There are very few who can legitimately ride this out financially and not lose everything. You and I both know this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don’t believe this is truly a line in the sand for a whole lot of people, then you will soon be getting one hell of a wakeup call.

You will be getting no nutritional value at all from the words you will be eating then.

That line has been moving for years. There are very few who can legitimately ride this out financially and not lose everything. You and I both know this.

It might suck but there is other jobs out there. The choice isn't necessarily vaccine or no work at all.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It might suck but there is other jobs out there. The choice isn't necessarily vaccine or no work at all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don’t believe this is truly a line in the sand for a whole lot of people, then you will soon be getting one hell of a wakeup call.

You will be getting no nutritional value at all from the words you will be eating then.

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 3:21:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cops in Chicago are treated like 3rd class citizens why would you want to be in the police in Chicago?
View Quote

Trying to make it to retirement.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 5:57:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why not just let them fire you and work somewhere else. Yeah, I know there is a pension issue.  Is that worth your life and safety? Chicago is bad and getting worse. With all the George Floyd retirements there must be some job openings in the burbs that an experienced officer could step into?
View Quote

There are PD job openings everywhere. My old partner has had numerous rookies in his precinct lateral to other departments in the past two years.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:35:25 AM EDT
[#13]
F L L
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:49:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Trying to make it to retirement.
View Quote

Can you move to another department in Illinois and take your pension plan with you?

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/with-684-homicides-so-far-chicago-threatens-to-axe-half-its-13000-cops-over-vaccine-mandate-refusals/

The nation’s largest open-air shooting range, otherwise known as Chicago, has chalked up 684 homicides to date under the “leadership” of Democrat Mayor Lori Lightfoot. That represents more homicides than 46 states had for the all of 2019.

Cook County’s soft-on-crime State’s Attorney Kim Foxx (brought to residents by $2 million of George Soros’ money) bears plenty of responsibility for the spiraling violent crime as well, failing to charge violent felons who spray bullets through neighborhoods and calling it “mutual combat.” It won’t surprise most able-minded folks that one-third of known murder assailants were out on “affordable bail” for other felony arrests.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 1:38:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yes. Leave his job and lose everything he has over it while trying to survive or find another job in his field of expertise that does not require the same mandates. Good choice. He probably isn't one of the many GD millionaires that can walk off a job just because. Let me, guess, you are retired or work in a small private shop without mandates?
View Quote

Principles arent free.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I don't care if people get vaxed or not. Just don't come see our shows if you aren't.
View Quote

OOOKAAAY?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Just heard on the radio that 4000 officers turned in their badges.
Something about taking an unpaid absence.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen-braun-welcomes-chicago-police-officers-fired-vaccine-mandate

Illinois police officers who may soon be out of a job due to COVID-19 vaccine mandates — specifically those in Chicago — can look to their eastern neighbor state of Indiana for less stringent job opportunities in law enforcement, according to Sen. Mike Braun, R-Ind., who says the officers "deserve respect."

In a statement to Fox News, Braun said, "Our police do the hardest job in the world, and they deserve respect — not losing their pay or being fired for refusing to comply with a ridiculous vaccine mandate."

Braun is welcoming officers to the state with arms wide open, urging the "3,000 Chicago cops defying this government overreach" to come to Indiana.

"Indiana’s police departments are hiring now and will welcome you with the respect you deserve," Braun told Fox News.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lets go Brandon
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 6:44:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

From Chicago?  Definitely not true.   Roughly that many ( maybe little more) are not In compliance, but still working WITH pay.
They began calling officers into HQ yesterday. Stripping the ones that fully refused.  They started with HQ personnel.  Only got through 40-50. Estimate is 18 or so were stripped.  
   They started the fire Department this morning.
   Eventually they'll get through all the units ( tac, gangs etc) and get to us in the districts.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

From Chicago?  Definitely not true.   Roughly that many ( maybe little more) are not In compliance, but still working WITH pay.
They began calling officers into HQ yesterday. Stripping the ones that fully refused.  They started with HQ personnel.  Only got through 40-50. Estimate is 18 or so were stripped.  
   Eventually they'll get through all the units ( tac, gangs etc) and get to us in the districts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, what's your estimate before all is said and done?
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lets go Brandon
View Quote

Estimate of original non compliance since the 15th?  Hearing 4-5 thousand.     Estimate of how many will break or fold after they call us into rooms individually and threaten termination?   I have no idea.  100? 2,000?     It's hit or miss.   The rest of this week into next will be the True scale.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Estimate of original non compliance since the 15th?  Hearing 4-5 thousand.     Estimate of how many will break or fold after they call us into rooms individually and threaten termination?   I have no idea.  100? 2,000?     It's hit or miss.   The rest of this week into next will be the True scale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets go Brandon

How is the appealing job offers from Indiana affecting things, if any?  I'm hoping beyond hope that this vaccine fight can find a win, somewhere. Anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know you, but I wanted to say my family is pulling for you and the other LEOs. Thank you for setting an example for others to follow.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't know you, but I wanted to say my family is pulling for you and the other LEOs. Thank you for setting an example for others to follow.
View Quote

Same.  Im in the same boat but its either balls to the wall now or we are all in cages next summer.

Link Posted: 10/19/2021 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Praying for you all.

This is coming to all of us very soon.
Link Posted: 10/19/2021 11:45:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't care if people get vaxed or not. Just don't come see our shows if you aren't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you want folks to get a shot so you can go back to work?

Or did I misunderstand your post?

What shows? Like actually what concert tour or whatever. You said don’t come to your shows, so?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow, and I thought we had some real Kool-Aid drinkers on the NYPD...

Chicago police union representing CPD members heads back to court to stop COVID vaccine mandate

And Brown confirmed he is working to convince officers not just to comply with entering their information into the city's vaccine portal, but to actually get vaccinated.

""So of the several hundred we've talked to, 21 are in no-pay status," Brown said. "I don't know if we've change their minds or if they've made the decision themselves to get in the portal."

I will say and do anything to save an officer's life," he said. "If it takes going through a counseling session, going to a no-pay status, going to internal affairs or a direct order, if that's what it takes, I'm willing to do it."
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think he works in entertainment, and was out of work for a year and a half because of the lockdowns. In order for him to go back to work, he had to get the shot, and is now tested constantly.
He gladly complied to return to gainful employment.
View Quote
Just think what he will be willing to do; probably send the "non vaxxers" to death camps.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why don't you stay out of this forum, then.  You're just trolling people.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I've been out of work for a year and a half because of this fucking pandemic. I'm beyond the principal of trying to stand my ground for another year and a half and not working. My whole industry was shut down because of this thing. If this is what it takes to get us back to work again, then so be it.
View Quote

Lol. Did you try groveling?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:44:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Whatever dude.

I'm vaxed. Had to show my vax card to work last week, AND got tested five times in the last 7 days. And we have to wear masks full time at work, indoors or out.
View Quote

In Oklahoma?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I've been out of work for a year and a half because of this fucking pandemic. I'm beyond the principal of trying to stand my ground for another year and a half and not working. My whole industry was shut down because of this thing. If this is what it takes to get us back to work again, then so be it.
View Quote

Covid didn't shutdown your industry.  Government overreach did.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bullshit. Covid didn't shut down anything. The government did.

You've complied with every rule change, every regulation, with the "vaccines", and we are still in the same exact boat we were in a year and a half ago. Yet you still think if you just keep following orders that everything will be okay?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:15:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#38]
OMG, I just realized something.  Can you think of a better way for them to get rid of officers that may not agree with them?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#39]
It's always been a way to remove the guys that hold personal liberty dear. They'll all be replaced with men that will just do whatever they're told. That's the plan. That's been the plan.

Everyone wants to know how the Nazi's found so many willing men, well, this is how. It didn't happen overnight.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 11:06:18 AM EDT
[#40]
If you just let them fuck you up the ass it's not rape, problem solved.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
OMG, I just realized something.  Can you think of a better way for them to get rid of officers that may not agree with them?
View Quote

Lol, that was a factor all along I am sure.  Hence the refusal to follow a direct order terminations.  They don’t want people to tell them they are violating civil rights.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What shows? Like actually what concert tour or whatever. You said don’t come to your shows, so?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda telling that he/she/it doesn't have the resolve to post whatever it is they do so that folks will know to avoid them.  Typical.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#43]
You have failed yourself, you have failed your brothers, and you have failed your family if you made your vax decision under any level of duress.

You don’t deserve the benefits of freedom, nor do you understand why it’s worth making sacrifices to continue.

You don’t deserve to own your own body, and it shows
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Kinda telling that he/she/it doesn't have the resolve to post whatever it is they do so that folks will know to avoid them.  Typical.  
View Quote

Pretty sure it is blue man group.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't have any right to tell you guys what to do, other than I stand with the ones fighting back
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 5:32:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comrade Grendel, what are the shows?
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saw them 20-some-odd years ago.  I’m good.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Chicago police union representing CPD members heads back to court to stop COVID vaccine mandate

View All Quotes
Quoted:

And Brown confirmed he is working to convince officers not just to comply with entering their information into the city's vaccine portal, but to actually get vaccinated.

""So of the several hundred we've talked to, 21 are in no-pay status," Brown said. "I don't know if we've change their minds or if they've made the decision themselves to get in the portal."

I will say and do anything to save an officer's life," he said. "If it takes going through a counseling session, going to a no-pay status, going to internal affairs or a direct order, if that's what it takes, I'm willing to do it."

Not only are leaders failing their members, they are directly contradicting their wishes.  This douchebag's opinions are irrelevant to the people he supposedly serves.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Court update...moving forward

@Nightstalker32 Any updates from the field?
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZArFSFtG1JU

@Nightstalker32 Any updates from the field?
View Quote

Nothing really.  Hearing the dept slowed down the calling us in.  Court stuff going on with fop and Mayor.  
  Mayor reached out to suburbs , and asked them for officers to help work in the city.    I'm hearing all said no.
    A few aldermen got together and are pushing some legal things/ votes to take full power from the mayor and essentially stop this vaccine mandate stuff.  
      Seems the momentum on both sides have slowed down. Less texts between us all. Less conversations of opinions, futures etc.        That could change in a second though as the chain of command is an utter joke, egotistical and would happily get rid of all of us.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top