Page / 2505
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:21:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 79CJ7] [#1]
Dupe.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:24:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gunner226:

Unless I really take a turn for the worse, I'd put my personal experience in the "moderate cold" catagory, so far.  I realize some aren't so lucky, but forcing a vaccine for this is BS. Especially a vaccine that is showing less and less efficacy - if it ever had any efficacy to begin with.

This is certainly not the zombie apocalypse virus some of us thought it might turn out to be last January.

View Quote

740,000 Americans might disagree with you.  If they were still around.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Just remember that each shot you get multiplies your likelihood of having an adverse reaction. As to whether that risk increases linearly or exponentially, I haven't seen any hard data on that probably because booster approval is so new.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 79CJ7:
Booster shot scheduled for next Wednesday.

Just remember that each shot you get multiplies your likelihood of having an adverse reaction. As to whether that risk increases linearly or exponentially, I haven't seen any hard data on that probably because booster approval is so new.

What do you base that on?

Where is the evidence that each shot increases the risk. I don't think it does and would like to see what you are basing that on.

Please post a reference
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Why has Florida gone from 25,000 new cases per day to 2500 new cases per day in 2 months.

What changed?
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Mach:
Why has Florida gone from 25,000 new cases per day to 2500 new cases per day in 2 months.

What changed?
View Quote

True herd immunity
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:59:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Where is the evidence that each shot increases the risk. I don't think it does and would like to see what you are basing that on.

Please post a reference
View All Quotes

Please post a reference

The VAERS system can somewhat be used to determine that level of risk. As for reactions, there appears to be a higher incidence of adverse reaction to the second shot vice the first. Both my brothers had that happen. There are several papers on the potential risks of the shots. If you'd like, I can post some links for reading. Because the boosters are somewhat new, the evidence is still being gathered. Like all this, time changes things.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

Unless I really take a turn for the worse, I'd put my personal experience in the "moderate cold" catagory, so far.  I realize some aren't so lucky, but forcing a vaccine for this is BS. Especially a vaccine that is showing less and less efficacy - if it ever had any efficacy to begin with.

This is certainly not the zombie apocalypse virus some of us thought it might turn out to be last January.

Which of my points would they disagree with?

That my case is mild?
That forcing the vaccine is bullshit?
Or that this is not a zombi-apocolypse virus?
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#8]

What changed?
View Quote

The weather.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#9]

That my case is mild?
View Quote

I'm glad your case was mild, but 740K dead Americans in a year and a half is pretty damn strong counterpoint to all this "it's just the sniffles" bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 3:34:19 PM EDT
[#10]

I'm glad your case was mild, but 740K dead Americans in a year and a half is pretty damn strong counterpoint to all this "it's just the sniffles" bullshit.
View All Quotes

That my case is mild?

Millions die every year. Hell, 7000 people are going to die today, not related to covid. 20-40% are likely preventable according to the CDC. Sadly, I guess they're not worth your attention or effort to prevent.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:

The weather.
View All Quotes

What changed?

The weather.

It's not 85-90+ degrees outside now.

People aren't all inside hanging out in the AC.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 3:48:22 PM EDT
[#12]
It would be great if we could stop re-fighting the latest versions of the "it's just a flu" and "it's 100% fake, no it's not!" argument in the thread to the point where it gets locked, falls into the archive, and all the useful information concentrated here gets to be even harder to find.

There's a whole forum now for back and forth.

(not reporting anyone, just asking, knowing full well I'm a nobody).
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 4:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]

The weather.
View All Quotes

What changed?

The weather.

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#14]

What changed?
View Quote

Available kindling I suspect.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

Without covid ever existing about 500,000 of those 740,000 would be dead by now anyway.  Covid cut a few months off a lot of  80 year old lives.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

Millions die every year. Hell, 7000 people are going to die today, not related to covid. 20-40% are likely preventable according to the CDC. Sadly, I guess they're not worth your attention or effort to prevent.
View Quote

Millions more died last year and so far this year.  Look up the excess mortality stats.  The facts do not support your opinion.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

View All Quotes

What changed?

The weather.

Guess who are beginning to migrate inside?  New England. Right at 6 months or more post vaccine.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Can someone link me the latest treatment protocol fact sheet? I looked back six pages already and didn’t see it and it’s not in the OP either. I have one printed out but I can’t find the file and I need to print another.

K thx.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

True herd immunity
View All Quotes

What changed?

True herd immunity

I doubt that.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#20]

The VAERS system can somewhat be used to determine that level of risk. As for reactions, there appears to be a higher incidence of adverse reaction to the second shot vice the first. Both my brothers had that happen. There are several papers on the potential risks of the shots. If you'd like, I can post some links for reading. Because the boosters are somewhat new, the evidence is still being gathered. Like all this, time changes things.
View All Quotes

Please post a reference

the Pfizer booster is the exact same thing as the first 2 shots.

The Moderna Booster in trials is 50 ug instead of 100, but he same thing.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#21]

The weather.
View All Quotes

What changed?

The weather.

what about the weather. It is still hot in Florida and AC is still being used.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Guess who are beginning to migrate inside?  New England. Right at 6 months or more post vaccine.
View All Quotes

What changed?

The weather.

Not where I am, it's 75 during t he day
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 6:08:52 PM EDT
[#23]

I doubt that.
View All Quotes

What changed?

True herd immunity

I doubt that.

Where do you live? We have been living normal for over a year here. I don't doubt it. Many people
in my circles have had it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By captainpooby:
Can someone link me the latest treatment protocol fact sheet? I looked back six pages already and didn’t see it and it’s not in the OP either. I have one printed out but I can’t find the file and I need to print another.

K thx.
View Quote

@captainpooby

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/FLCCC-Alliance-I-MASKplus-Protocol-ENGLISH.pdf
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 7:20:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Millions more died last year and so far this year.  Look up the excess mortality stats.  The facts do not support your opinion.
View All Quotes

One of the posters in another thread recently cited a stat that there was LESS overall death last year. I don't remember the thread, but at this point, thanks to govt, there are "stats" that can support anybody's opinion. I could cite those "facts" (if I cared enough to find them) and say that your opinion is wrong. But I won't, because I don't really believe those stats. I don't really believe yours either. I believe nothing related to covid that I haven't seen with my own two eyes, in real time.

My guess, given my own observations almost 2 years into this, is that the truth is somewhere in the middle. There is no doubt that people were dropping like flies last year - especially in urban areas and nursing homes. Hospitals in these areas were very close to being overwhelmed. For only a very short time.

As bad as it was at that time, the "people dropping over in the streets" never happened. The "semi loads of dead bodies" appeared to be true for a while, in certain places, but never happened anywhere within 3 hours of where I live. We didnt have mass graves. Hospital ships and field hospitals stayed empty. And now hospitals are firing nurses. I still know more people that got sick after the vaccine than I do who got that sick from the virus. My own case has been (so far) very mild, along with my son's. The rest of the family has had no or nearly no symptoms at all. I realize that some aren't so lucky (and even said that in my post that started all this), but the reality is that most - the vast majority, in fact, of cases are like mine.

To top it off, every time we turn around another "fact" or "study" is proven false or misleading. The same people telling me I need to give up freedoms for this deadly virus also told me that hospitals were so full of "horse paste" overdoses that they couldn't treat gunshot wounds.

Another thing I've noticed is the resistance most people have to any new data - even what they can see around them. Most people decided last March/April how they felt about this thing. 87% were either full-fledged flu-bros who thought its all a hoax, or they were "doomers" who believed this was going to kill almost everybody. Most of those people still hold those opinions, even though (and I guess this is MY opinion) there has been more than enough evidence that the virus is certainly more dangerous than a hoax, and yet also not the airborne Ebola so many feared at the beginning. People are so committed to their positions that there can be no "middle ground" even though, as far as I can tell, that is exactly where the truth of this is.

I'm clearly not going to change your mind. I could be wrong, but I dont think you've changed yours since the beginning of this. I HAVE changed mine, but not as much as you seem to think I have. And you're not likely to change it back. I dont want to get this thread locked. I don't mind healthy debate and even trading slight barbs back and forth. This thread still remains the best source of information regarding this mess I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

What changed?

The weather.

How many hours of daylight do you have now vs July?  It’s partially driven by that.

It will accelerate as the snow flies and temps drop, forcing more people to mingle indoors.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#28]

One of the posters in another thread recently cited a stat that there was LESS overall death last year. I don't remember the thread, but at this point, thanks to govt, there are "stats" that can support anybody's opinion. I could cite those "facts" (if I cared enough to find them) and say that your opinion is wrong. But I won't, because I don't really believe those stats. I don't really believe yours either. I believe nothing related to covid that I haven't seen with my own two eyes, in real time.

My guess, given my own observations almost 2 years into this, is that the truth is somewhere in the middle. There is no doubt that people were dropping like flies last year - especially in urban areas and nursing homes. Hospitals in these areas were very close to being overwhelmed. For only a very short time.

As bad as it was at that time, the "people dropping over in the streets" never happened. The "semi loads of dead bodies" appeared to be true for a while, in certain places, but never happened anywhere within 3 hours of where I live. We didnt have mass graves. Hospital ships and field hospitals stayed empty. And now hospitals are firing nurses. I still know more people that got sick after the vaccine than I do who got that sick from the virus. My own case has been (so far) very mild, along with my son's. The rest of the family has had no or nearly no symptoms at all. I realize that some aren't so lucky (and even said that in my post that started all this), but the reality is that most - the vast majority, in fact, of cases are like mine.

To top it off, every time we turn around another "fact" or "study" is proven false or misleading. The same people telling me I need to give up freedoms for this deadly virus also told me that hospitals were so full of "horse paste" overdoses that they couldn't treat gunshot wounds.

Another thing I've noticed is the resistance most people have to any new data - even what they can see around them. Most people decided last March/April how they felt about this thing. 87% were either full-fledged flu-bros who thought its all a hoax, or they were "doomers" who believed this was going to kill almost everybody. Most of those people still hold those opinions, even though (and I guess this is MY opinion) there has been more than enough evidence that the virus is certainly more dangerous than a hoax, and yet also not the airborne Ebola so many feared at the beginning. People are so committed to their positions that there can be no "middle ground" even though, as far as I can tell, that is exactly where the truth of this is.

I'm clearly not going to change your mind. I could be wrong, but I dont think you've changed yours since the beginning of this. I HAVE changed mine, but not as much as you seem to think I have. And you're not likely to change it back. I dont want to get this thread locked. I don't mind healthy debate and even trading slight barbs back and forth. This thread still remains the best source of information regarding this mess I have ever seen.
View All Quotes

I haven’t had a chance to run all the numbers, because I am busy as fuck at work. But I did a quick glance at excess mortality and 2020’s projection was less than 2019 when I did year over year analysis.

What states and age brackets would be very interesting.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By captainpooby:

K thx.
View Quote

I think this is the one you're looking for?

https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 9:56:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#30]

View All Quotes

What changed?

The weather.

It's not.

The difference is "ac is on to make it survivable" and "ac is on to make it comfortable." FL has transitioned to the latter. In about a month it's going to be heaters on from orlando up.

Call me old fashioned, it's not hot unless its 90+.

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:44:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FlashMan-7k] [#31]
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10654-021-00808-7

https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s10654-021-00808-7.pdf

Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States

CORRESPONDENCE
   Published: 30 September 2021

S. V. Subramanian & Akhil Kumar

European Journal of Epidemiology (2021)Cite this article

801k Accesses

14079 Altmetric

Metrics details

Vaccines currently are the primary mitigation strategy to combat COVID-19 around the world. For instance, the narrative related to the ongoing surge of new cases in the United States (US) is argued to be driven by areas with low vaccination rates [1]. A similar narrative also has been observed in countries, such as Germany and the United Kingdom [2]. At the same time, Israel that was hailed for its swift and high rates of vaccination has also seen a substantial resurgence in COVID-19 cases [3]. We investigate the relationship between the percentage of population  fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases across 68 countries and across 2947 counties in the US.
Methods

We used COVID-19 data provided by the Our World in Data for cross-country analysis, available as of September 3, 2021 (Supplementary Table 1) [4]. We included 68 countries that met the following criteria: had second dose vaccine data available; had COVID-19 case data available; had population data available; and the last update of data was within 3 days prior to or on September 3, 2021. For the 7 days preceding September 3, 2021 we computed the COVID-19 cases per 1 million people for each country as well as the percentage of population that is fully vaccinated.

For the county-level analysis in the US, we utilized the White House COVID-19 Team data [5], available as of September 2, 2021 (Supplementary Table 2). We excluded counties that did not report fully vaccinated population percentage data yielding 2947 counties for the analysis. We computed the number and percentages of counties that experienced an increase in COVID-19 cases by levels of the percentage of people fully vaccinated in each county. The percentage increase in COVID-19 cases was calculated based on the difference in cases from the last 7 days and the 7 days preceding them. For example, Los Angeles county in California had 18,171 cases in the last 7 days (August 26 to September 1) and 31,616 cases in the previous 7 days (August 19–25), so this county did not experience an increase of cases in our dataset. We provide a dashboard of the metrics used in this analysis that is updated automatically as new data is made available by the White House COVID-19 Team (https://tiny.cc/USDashboard).
Findings

At the country-level, there appears to be no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases in the last 7 days (Fig. 1). In fact, the trend line suggests a marginally positive association such that countries with higher percentage of population fully vaccinated have higher COVID-19 cases per 1 million people. Notably, Israel with over 60% of their population fully vaccinated had the highest COVID-19 cases per 1 million people in the last 7 days. The lack of a meaningful association between percentage population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases is further exemplified, for instance, by comparison of Iceland and Portugal. Both countries have over 75% of their population fully vaccinated and have more COVID-19 cases per 1 million people than countries such as Vietnam and South Africa that have around 10% of their population fully vaccinated.
Fig. 1
figure1

Relationship between cases per 1 million people (last 7 days) and percentage of population fully vaccinated across 68 countries as of September 3, 2021 (See Table S1 for the underlying data)
Full size image

Across the US counties too, the median new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people in the last 7 days is largely similar across the categories of percent population fully vaccinated (Fig. 2). Notably there is also substantial county variation in new COVID-19 cases within categories of percentage population fully vaccinated. There also appears to be no significant signaling of COVID-19 cases decreasing with higher percentages of population fully vaccinated (Fig. 3).
Fig. 2
figure2

Median, interquartile range and variation in cases per 100,000 people in the last 7 days across percentage of population fully vaccinated as of September 2, 2021
Full size image
Fig. 3
figure3

Percentage of counties that experienced an increase of cases between two consecutive 7-day time periods by percentage of population fully vaccinated across 2947 counties as of September 2, 2021
Full size image

Of the top 5 counties that have the highest percentage of population fully vaccinated (99.9–84.3%), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) identifies 4 of them as “High” Transmission counties. Chattahoochee (Georgia), McKinley (New Mexico), and Arecibo (Puerto Rico) counties have above 90% of their population fully vaccinated with all three being classified as “High” transmission. Conversely, of the 57 counties that have been classified as “low” transmission counties by the CDC, 26.3% (15) have percentage of population fully vaccinated below 20%.

Since full immunity from the vaccine is believed to take about 2 weeks after the second dose, we conducted sensitivity analyses by using a 1-month lag on the percentage population fully vaccinated for countries and US counties. The above findings of no discernable association between COVID-19 cases and levels of fully vaccinated was also observed when we considered a 1-month lag on the levels of fully vaccinated (Supplementary Figure 1, Supplementary Figure 2).

We should note that the COVID-19 case data is of confirmed cases, which is a function of both supply (e.g., variation in testing capacities or reporting practices) and demand-side (e.g., variation in people’s decision on when to get tested) factors.
Interpretation

The sole reliance on vaccination as a primary strategy to mitigate COVID-19 and its adverse consequences needs to be re-examined, especially considering the Delta (B.1.617.2) variant and the likelihood of future variants. Other pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions may need to be put in place alongside increasing vaccination rates. Such course correction, especially with regards to the policy narrative, becomes paramount with emerging scientific evidence on real world effectiveness of the vaccines.

For instance, in a report released from the Ministry of Health in Israel, the effectiveness of 2 doses of the BNT162b2 (Pfizer-BioNTech) vaccine against preventing COVID-19 infection was reported to be 39% [6], substantially lower than the trial efficacy of 96% [7]. It is also emerging that immunity derived from the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine may not be as strong as immunity acquired through recovery from the COVID-19 virus . A substantial decline in immunity from mRNA vaccines 6-months post immunization has also been reported [9]. Even though vaccinations offers protection to individuals against severe hospitalization and death, the CDC reported an increase from 0.01 to 9% and 0 to 15.1% (between January to May 2021) in the rates of hospitalizations and deaths, respectively, amongst the fully vaccinated [10].

In summary, even as efforts should be made to encourage populations to get vaccinated it should be done so with humility and respect. Stigmatizing populations can do more harm than good. Importantly, other non-pharmacological prevention efforts (e.g., the importance of basic public health hygiene with regards to maintaining safe distance or handwashing, promoting better frequent and cheaper forms of testing) needs to be renewed in order to strike the balance of learning to live with COVID-19 in the same manner we continue to live a 100 years later with various seasonal alterations of the 1918 Influenza virus.
References

Vaccinations CDC. CDC COVID data tracker. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2021. https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations.

Nicolas E. Germany mulls restrictions for unvaccinated as cases soar. EUobserver; 2021. https://euobserver.com/coronavirus/152534.

Estrin D. Highly vaccinated Israel is seeing a dramatic surge in New COVID cases. Here's why. NPR; 2021. https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/08/20/1029628471/highly-vaccinated-israel-is-seeing-a-dramatic-surge-in-new-covid-cases-heres-why.

Ritchie H, Ortiz-Ospina E, Beltekian D, Mathieu E, Hasell J, Macdonald B, Giattino C, Appel C, Rodés-Guirao L, Roser M. Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19). 2020. Published online at OurWorldInData.org. Retrieved from: https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus.

White House COVID-19 Team. COVID-19 community profile report. 2020. HealthData.gov. https://healthdata.gov/Health/COVID-19-Community-Profile-Report/gqxm-d9w9.

Ministry of Health Israel. Two-dose vaccination data. Government of Israel; 2021. https://www.gov.il/BlobFolder/reports/vaccine-efficacy-safety-follow-up-committee/he/files_publications_corona_two-dose-vaccination-data.pdf.

Thomas SJ, Moreira ED, Kitchin N, Absalon J, Gurtman A, Lockhart S, Perez JL, et al. Six Month safety and efficacy of the BNT162b2 Mrna Covid-19 vaccine. MedRxiv. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.07.28.21261159.

Article

PubMed

PubMed Central

Google Scholar

Gazit S, Shlezinger R, Perez G, Lotan R, Peretz A, Ben-Tov A, Cohen D, Muhsen K, Chodick G, Patalon T. Comparing sars-cov-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections. MedRxiv. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.08.24.21262415.

Article

Google Scholar

Canaday DH, Oyebanji OA, Keresztesy D, Payne M, Wilk D, Carias L, Aung H, Denis KS, Lam EC, Rowley CF, Berry SD, Cameron CM, Cameron MJ, Wilson B, Balazs AB, King CL, Gravenstein S. Significant reduction in humoral Immunity among healthcare workers and nursing home residents 6 months AFTER COVID-19 BNT162b2 mRNA vaccination. MedRxiv. 2021. https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.08.15.21262067.

Article

PubMed

PubMed Central

Google Scholar

McMorrow M. (rep.). Improving communications around vaccine breakthrough and vaccine effectiveness. 2021. Retrieved from https://context-cdn.washingtonpost.com/notes/prod/default/documents/8a726408-07bd-46bd-a945-3af0ae2f3c37/note/57c98604-3b54-44f0-8b44-b148d8f75165.

Download references
Author information
Affiliations

Harvard Center for Population and Development Studies, Cambridge, MA, USA

S. V. Subramanian

Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA

S. V. Subramanian

Turner Fenton Secondary School, Brampton, ON, Canada

Akhil Kumar

Corresponding author

Correspondence to S. V. Subramanian.
Additional information
Publisher's Note

Springer Nature remains neutral with regard to jurisdictional claims in published maps and institutional affiliations.
Supplementary Information

Below is the link to the electronic supplementary material.
Supplementary file1 (DOCX 185 KB)
Rights and permissions

Reprints and Permissions
About this article
Verify currency and authenticity via CrossMark
Cite this article

Subramanian, S.V., Kumar, A. Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States. Eur J Epidemiol (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10654-021-00808-7

Download citation

Received17 August 2021

Accepted09 September 2021

Published30 September 2021

DOIhttps://doi.org/10.1007/s10654-021-00808-7

Share this article

Anyone you share the following link with will be able to read this content:

Provided by the Springer Nature SharedIt content-sharing initiative
View Quote

I think our data hounds will find the above datasets quite interesting to trawl through.
@Katanasword
@Obelix45
@exponentialpi

... and anyone else I forgot.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#32]
We have an outbreak in a local nursing home where all the residents are vaxxed.  Our office Manager's father just died of COVID and others are expected to be on the way out.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Please post the number of covid-patients who were sent to die in blue-state nursing homes, because your boss said they were expendable.  Double-down, how many of the deceased were prevented from the comfort of perfectly-healthy family members  because your boss said "ha-ha fuck off and die"

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#34]

I haven’t had a chance to run all the numbers, because I am busy as fuck at work. But I did a quick glance at excess mortality and 2020’s projection was less than 2019 when I did year over year analysis.

View All Quotes

Below is the data I could find for total deaths from all causes for 2015 through 2020.  This is just summary data from the CDC website.  I didn't pull raw data to compute these totals myself.

2020 (provisional):  3,358,814 deaths
2019:  2,854,838 deaths
2018:  2,839,205 deaths
2017:  2,813,503 deaths
2016:  2,744,248 deaths
2015:  2,712,630 deaths

A very rough estimate, accounting for 1-2% annual growth in deaths from all causes, is that there were around 500,000 more deaths in 2020 than would normally be expected, a 17% increase.  

And here is a chart of total weekly deaths from all causes, by age group.  The gray lines are for 2015 through 2019.  The red and orange lines are for 2020 and 2021, respectively.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm

There has been essentially no change in deaths from all causes for people under 25 years old.  The 25-44 year age group has had a very slight increase.  Older age groups obviously have higher than typical death rates.

I think there is a lot of disagreement on the severity of COVID because it's worse than the flu but not nearly bad enough that everyone knows multiple people who have died from it.   One could call it a "really bad flu" and, although that would be technically inaccurate both biologically and statistically, it would be consistent with many people's everyday lived experience with it over the past year and a half.  At the same time, other people have had catastrophic experiences with it, losing multiple family members within short periods of time.  

All in all, the situation is perfect for creating massive social divisions.  If you were going to create a pandemic to achieve nefarious geopolitical goals without wiping out global wealth and the means of production, you wouldn't want it to be any more or less deadly.  It's almost too perfect.  I'm not saying that's what's happening.  I'm just saying.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Obelix45:

Below is the data I could find for total deaths from all causes for 2015 through 2020.  This is just summary data from the CDC website.  I didn't pull raw data to compute these totals myself.

A very rough estimate, accounting for 1-2% annual growth in deaths from all causes, is that there were around 500,000 more deaths in 2020 than would normally be expected, a 17% increase.  

And here is a chart of total weekly deaths from all causes, by age group.  The gray lines are for 2015 through 2019.  The red and orange lines are for 2020 and 2021, respectively.

https://i.imgur.com/piGfPf5.png

There has been essentially no change in deaths from all causes for people under 25 years old.  The 25-44 year age group has had a very slight increase.  Older age groups obviously have higher than typical death rates.

I think there is a lot of disagreement on the severity of COVID because it's worse than the flu but not nearly bad enough that everyone knows multiple people who have died from it.   One could call it a "really bad flu" and, although that would be technically inaccurate both biologically and statistically, it would be consistent with many people's everyday lived experience with it over the past year and a half.  At the same time, other people have had catastrophic experiences with it, losing multiple family members within short periods of time.  

All in all, the situation is perfect for creating massive social divisions.  If you were going to create a pandemic to achieve nefarious geopolitical goals without wiping out global wealth and the means of production, you wouldn't want it to be any more or less deadly.  It's almost too perfect.  I'm not saying that's what's happening.  I'm just saying.
View Quote

The main difference is that FLU viruses can cause far more damage to the young due to their immune system over
reacting and drowning them via a cytokine storm.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 12:29:56 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Interesting discussion.

The one differential is I was looking at their “expected deaths”. Whatever their algorithm was spitting out. Not actual.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Ahh...but the facts do. It depends on the source, but generally, excess mortality for 2020 is under 500k.

Taking a look back at 2019:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

2019 - 2,854,838

If you take that number and divide it by the days in year, you get 7821 deaths per day on average.  

Even without including excess mortality, 2021 will be along those lines as well, just like 2020.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 8:53:47 PM EDT
[#38]

Yes.  And Israel, which only used Pfizer, had the same pattern in cases spiking.  Now Singapore is as well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:
Ok, now THIS is attention getting:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1023849/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_40.pdf

From page 13 (numbered 12 on the pdf) ... Column labelled "Rates among persons vaccinated with 2 doses (per 100,000)"

Negative efficacy vs catching the CCP crud, depending on your age group.  Yep... think I'm gonna be watching next month's report to see if this isn't a blip...
-----
Ok, I give up, the stupid forum upload a jpg thing isn't working and won't tell me why. Managed a reverse search and found a copy on the net:

https://westernrifleshooters.us/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/oops-uk-1024x555.png

That is UK data right?

UK used the AZ vax which has shown a 30% effectiveness against Delta.   My mistake, that is only the first shot, unlike the J&J vaccine, the AZ is a 2 shot deal. I though it was only 1. @ shots of AZ is 60% effective, but UK delayed those 2nd shots to 12 weeks instead of 3.

UK also used Pfizer but instead of 3 weeks between first and second, they decided to use 12 weeks.

i think it is clear, the combination of 12 weeks between shots ( never studied ) and the AZ vaccine, the vaccines simply do not work as well

For comparison against Delta, Pfizer at 3 weeks apart show an effectiveness of 88% and Moderna shows an effectiveness at 90%

Did the UK have the problem that was seen in the US for a while, of fully vaccinated people deciding that since they were vaccinated, they could ignore all of the precautions they had previously been following?

Yes.  And Israel, which only used Pfizer, had the same pattern in cases spiking.  Now Singapore is as well.

Wouldn't all this tend to indicate that staying away from sick people is far more effective than this shot?
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

That many died WITH covid, not because of it. That is with the pcr machine cranked up to 11.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

Lol, excess mortality.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Does anyone have a line on obtaining ivermectin in Canada? Any online pharmacies ship there?
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

Lol, excess mortality.
View All Quotes

Lol, excess mortality.

Even though I've been a Flubro since the beginning, there is indeed an increase over the yearly projected deaths in most of the demographic groups. That can't really be disputed.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 1:52:34 PM EDT
[#43]

Even though I've been a Flubro since the beginning, there is indeed an increase over the yearly projected deaths in most of the demographic groups. That can't really be disputed.
View All Quotes

Lol, excess mortality.

There has been. The question is did it shift timing (were a majority on the end of the mortality table already) or a real impact. We won’t know for a few years.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#44]

There has been. The question is did it shift timing (were a majority on the end of the mortality table already) or a real impact. We won’t know for a few years.
View All Quotes

Lol, excess mortality.

I think the biggest confounding variable to evaluating the impact of the frontloading will be to adequately factor in the migration of people that move from one age demographic to the next.

Theoretically, a glut or deficit in the raw number of people moving from a younger to an older demo, could either mask or exacerbate the "apparent" impact, while the underlying statistics tell the opposite story.

Hopefully that makes sense.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Just got my booster.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:21:27 PM EDT
[#46]

That many died WITH covid, not because of it. That is with the pcr machine cranked up to 11.
View All Quotes

Well, pcr machine was cranked to 45 but the point is the same.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 8:27:33 PM EDT
[#47]

I think the biggest confounding variable to evaluating the impact of the frontloading will be to adequately factor in the migration of people that move from one age demographic to the next.

Theoretically, a glut or deficit in the raw number of people moving from a younger to an older demo, could either mask or exacerbate the "apparent" impact, while the underlying statistics tell the opposite story.

View All Quotes

Lol, excess mortality.

The other thing about 2020 that was discussed previously was that as lockdowns, shutdowns, etc were implemented, people of all age groups simply stopped engaging in the types of activities that they used to do. Some of those were activities that carried risk, eg. driving - more work from home = less driving. It would be interesting to look at a time history to see as people got back to work, lockdowns/shutdowns etc. went away that those risks started increasing again. Bottom line to me is that I'm not convinced "excess mortality" stats are going to tell the whole story.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:12:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: exDefensorMilitas] [#48]

The other thing about 2020 that was discussed previously was that as lockdowns, shutdowns, etc were implemented, people of all age groups simply stopped engaging in the types of activities that they used to do. Some of those were activities that carried risk, eg. driving - more work from home = less driving. It would be interesting to look at a time history to see as people got back to work, lockdowns/shutdowns etc. went away that those risks started increasing again. Bottom line to me is that I'm not convinced "excess mortality" stats are going to tell the whole story.
View All Quotes

Lol, excess mortality.

The number is pulled in both directions, but there is excess mortality at the end of the day, due to SARS-CoV-2

ETA: I think I broke page 2498.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 9:25:54 PM EDT
[#49]

The number is pulled in both directions, but there is excess mortality at the end of the day, due to SARS-CoV-2
View All Quotes

Lol, excess mortality.

There is and anyone disputing that is not credible.

The question is how many would have been prevented if early action therapeutics were pushed instead of the full court press for vaccines.  Some should head to the gallows for that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Interesting study of expectant mothers, Covid19 and the differences in immune response between male and female babies.
Male and female fetuses respond differently to COVID-19

Continues to show males are more affected by Covid than females.
Interestingly, fewer antibodies in mom with males than female babies.
Mentions some other possible long term effects in male infants into adulthood. Perhaps looking for more grant money, perhaps not.
Page / 2505
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top