Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 11/30/2022 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Curious how much of a difference the LIDAR makes.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 12:29:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Worry about proprietary parts might be easing as the market gets bigger:
https://old.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/comments/zaor31/no_name_spares_starts_to_appear_on_the_web/
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 2:16:02 AM EDT
[#3]
probably the oem competing with bambulabs
Link Posted: 12/6/2022 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Just got the invoice. Ordered on Nov 11.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2022 11:19:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone on the net tried moding their bamboo printer with traditional hotends? Thinking about my fancy $500 mosquito hotend collecting dust I'll probably never use
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Not any BL or gun printing news, just a discussion of gun printing has reached the BL subreddit
https://old.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/comments/zlikho/printed_in_three_days_on_the_x1c_i_love_the_future/
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Is this a good first timers printer? i want to get something going!
Link Posted: 12/14/2022 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BLKVooDoo:
Is this a good first timers printer? i want to get something going!
View Quote
I would say so.  In all the videos I have seen, the X1C has shown that it can print straight out of the box without having to calibrate it or dial in the filament. I don't think it's foolproof, probably the easiest to use out there.

The P1P might not be as easy as the X1C, as they took out some of the sensors like lidar to set flow, but at the price point, I think it's a better value than a Prusa MK3.  And I am a Prusa loyalist.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#10]
^ agreed!  

Very nice new software update announced: https://blog.bambulab.com/christmas-gifts-from-bambu-lab/

AMS gets boosted
Do you have too many spools lying around with little filament left in them, and wish to finish them all without worrying that your print gets interrupted? The AMS will now automatically switch to the same filament type when the current spool being used is finished. Bambu filaments are automatically identified by the AMS, along with the remaining capacity of a spool, which is also measured automatically after this upgrade.  For third-party filaments, you simply need to ensure that the filaments being used are set to be the same in the UI, i.e. two rolls in the AMS are set to be the same vendor, material and color. The humidity sensor is now enabled, so you can monitor the chamber environment via the printer UI or Bambu Handy and Bambu Studio remotely.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote
Bump for reminder.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:15:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#12]
AMA, only a couple answers so far:
https://old.reddit.com/r/3Dprinting/comments/zmneu9/i_am_dr_ye_tao_ceo_of_bambu_lab_ask_me_anything/

200 engineers at BL now, more on software than on hardware.

Questions about using proprietary parts for common structures like nozzles:
The concept of standard parts is appealing, it means lower cost, robust supply chain and excellent design because a specific team can work for the whole world. We use lots of standard parts in X1, motors, bearing, pulley, smooth rod, power unit. These are parts that reach their R&D plateau, which means so mature that you can hardly improve them.
For hotend, there are so much you can improve on a V6. Higher flow rate, compact body, lower mass and easy to replace and you name it. So after some consideration, we decided to design our own hot end. I think we made the right choice because E3D released their new hot end during our R&D which means they think the same.
I understand people's concern over proprietary parts. One is over-priced part for customers who are locked in. The other is the availability of the parts. For the first one, we price our parts at a very fair price. One evidence is that we found many people purchasing our hotend actually do not own a Bambu printer, they are the DIYer who think our hotend is high performance and cost effective and want to adapt it to a Voron. For the second part, we are building up inventories gloablly and we are open to third party collaboration for spare parts.
View Quote

Also saw this today, people starting to make printable parts for the internals:
https://www.printables.com/model/333396-bambulab-extruder-gear-holder
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:31:36 AM EDT
[#13]
P1Ps are being delivered.  Quote from Reddit:
15 minutes to setup was an exaggeration. Maybe if you include the auto cal and firmware update?

Anyway, it's printing better than my prusa, except its moving like it did a line of coke and chased it with some Adderall. Goddamned I am happy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Does their slicer let you pause at specific layer heights to insert hardware into pockets?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 11:29:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Ragnar_Lothbrok:
Does their slicer let you pause at specific layer heights to insert hardware into pockets?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I haven't done it but apparently so.  Quote from the net, but screenshot from my slicer
Yes. Pauses are easy. In the slicer you move the slider to where you want to pause and right click on the slider. When the printer gets there the head will move to the back and turn off the heat for the nozzle. I have done a lot of inserted magnets. you start it again from the screen, it heats up, wipes the nozzle and continues. So far I can never tell what layer it stopped at.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 12:57:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I’m seriously considering ordering the P1P. I currently have a Prusa mk3s and anycubic m3 premium. I honestly don’t have room for another printer. 😞
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 1:24:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fokkfess] [#17]

I guess I’m going to take the mk3s to sit next to my mk2s in my classroom.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 1:35:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Curious why you went X1 versus P1P?
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 4:52:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fokkfess] [#19]
I want to print filaments that will benefit from the enclosure.  I would have gone with the plain x1 but it is a pre order.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Just came in. I am impressed.  For those who said it was loud, it's not as bad as my Prusa MK2.  It's about the same.  I'm printing some of their demo files now. Might print this next.

https://www.printables.com/model/330380-uss-st-louis-official-3d-printable-model-from-wows
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone had success in printing petg in the carbon yet? I started a print in push plastic petg (which was shit printing even on my cr10 too) and one in atomic petg (which was my goto for my cr10 to print), I stopped both at the first layer due to how terrible they were, very globbed up, looked like over extrusion.

I've had really good results with the included bamboo pla and atomic filament abs so far though.
Link Posted: 1/1/2023 9:34:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By mPisi:
Worry about proprietary parts might be easing as the market gets bigger:
https://old.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/comments/zaor31/no_name_spares_starts_to_appear_on_the_web/
View Quote

One of their design goals was to use as many off the self parts as they could to lower costs.

I'm gonna start saving my pennies for the X1C.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone had success in printing petg in the carbon yet? I started a print in push plastic petg (which was shit printing even on my cr10 too) and one in atomic petg (which was my goto for my cr10 to print), I stopped both at the first layer due to how terrible they were, very globbed up, looked like over extrusion.

I've had really good results with the included bamboo pla and atomic filament abs so far though.
View Quote

Yes, I am able to, and had the same issue as you at first.  Is this what you are running into (Video in Reddit Link)? Link

I think my filament was too wet, cause after some time in the AMS it started to behave better on the first layer.  But I also disabled the first layer inspection cause that's where most of the globes came from.  The filament would ooze out as it was inspecting the layer, and then not break free during the nozzle wipe, as in the video in the link. You can disable that from your printer in the setting menu.  But Like I said after some time in the AMS the print's first layer comes out with out glob or stringing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:53:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ragnar_Lothbrok] [#24]
Originally Posted By PC-Tech:

Yes, I am able to, and had the same issue as you at first.  Is this what you are running into (Video in Reddit Link)? Link

I think my filament was too wet, cause after some time in the AMS it started to behave better on the first layer.  But I also disabled the first layer inspection cause that's where most of the globes came from.  The filament would ooze out as it was inspecting the layer, and then not break free during the nozzle wipe, as in the video in the link. You can disable that from your printer in the setting menu.  But Like I said after some time in the AMS the print's first layer comes out with out glob or stringing.
View Quote

Mine was doing that, plus at the end of each printed line before a rapid move it would leave raised pieces I can only call over extrusion. Watching the first layer print the laydown wasn't very even either, like something I would expect to see if my creality machines nozzle height was way too close to the bed. I'll see if I can find my scrapped pieces and post a picture. Possible the filament is to wet too, it's always been in open air but always prints great on my creality printer as is.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#25]
I just received shipping confirmation for my x1 carbon with ams.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#26]
X1 arrived today. Damn, this thing is fast… and loud!
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#27]
I turn down the chamber fan to %50 when the print start.  I'm not sure why they crank it to 100%.  I have not had an issue with a print with the chamber at 50%. It didn't even kick in on me at first printing PLA on the cold plate, I guess it only kicks in when the chamber temp is so high.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Curious why you went X1 versus P1P?
View Quote

Isn’t the X1 their flagship printer?   Aside from cost, is the X1 more capable?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:
Isn’t the X1 their flagship printer?   Aside from cost, is the X1 more capable?
View Quote

Yes, the PIP is pretty much a very stripped down X1. Litterly, don't even come with side pannels.
But in doing so they stripped down the price, $700, and made what is about the fastest PLA "Budget" printer.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 9:51:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By fokkfess:
X1 arrived today. Damn, this thing is fast… and loud!
View Quote

I got mine last night and said exactly the same things.

For me it's not the fans being loud its just the machine whizzing around. Even though I have it in a spare bedroom with the door closed there is no way i could run a print overnight in this thing.   But thankfully with it being so quick most prints won't need that.
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#31]
P1P ordered.  Going to give it a whirl and maybe order a second or an X1
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 12:30:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#32]
430 hours on my printer now according to its log.  Took most of December off due to moving, but now have printer in an outbuilding so I can print 24/7 if I have things to do.  However, I don't have internet out there so I'm doing the foot-powerer internet with an sd card.  Printed some can cannon projectiles and quite a bit of gridfinity and other small house parts for my new place.

Trying my first PETG right now.

Using the AMS makes colored projectiles very easy, with minimal wastage since there's only a couple swaps (but it does print the purge tower).  This was 75% infill.  I think it was about a 12 hour print?  You can see the sun come up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 8:17:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Trying my first PETG right now.
View Quote
I have been printing PETG for a straight 2 weeks now. Make sure it's dry. This Printer does not like wet PETG. Oozes like crazy. I was having issues with some old PETG I didn't have in a dry box. I think it fixed itself by being in the AMS with the desiccant. I also turned off the first layer inspection.  I notices it caused more issues than it resolved.  I was using the engineering side but had to keep cleaning and reapplying glue-stick about every 3 to 5 prints.  I ended up buying the Dule-Sided PEI Texture Plate.  I have not touched the other plate since.

Printed in PETG:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#34]
I can get one PETG can cannon projectile out of each Sunlu 250-gr teaser roll

With the new firmwear it told me my humidity was high in the AMS, so I replaced the stock dessicant and printed these extra holders.  The third circular one is for the tiny temp/hydrogemeter (sp?).  Somehwat disappointed how the big overhang got messy when all the little slot bridges worked fine.

Yes, I may be arranging items on the plate for the best timelapses.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#35]

Yes, I may be arranging items on the plate for the best timelapses.

View Quote
I don't know what you are talking about.

Bambu Labs X1C Multicolor print.

This is my first multicolor print.  I guess it would have done better if I used a prime tower or did more than one at a time.  This was done with Red and Black Sunlu PETG and Hatchbox white PETG. Was printed withthe new Tree supports.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By PC-Tech:
I don't know what you are talking about.
View Quote

TFW you are 30 mins into a 9-hour print you want to show off and you realize you forgot to turn on the timelapse
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Do that funky dance yo
Link Posted: 1/24/2023 10:56:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#38]
Going to class up this place.  Good illustration of the tree supports.
Had some weirdness on the left wing, but after cleaning it up I can't really see what it is lacking.  
This was 240mm tall, about 350g filament, 9 hours, all settings at default.  Someday I might redo this in the 0.08 super fine layer height.

Edit: Watching this again, I see what happened.  The prime tower (required for the smooth timelapse) detached so future layers were spraying into thin air and it collected on the wing.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Seeing some interesting 4-AMS setups in the wild.  
Attachment Attached File

This was a large PETG print, I've been looking for things that are 200-250g to use up the Sunlu teaser rolls.  This is a spiral egg tray thingy.  It got kind of fuzzy on the top surface of the ramps.  PETG has almost too much bed adhesion on the PEI plate.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Can't let you X1 guys have all the fun.  P1P videos take a little more effort but still cool.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 7:45:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fokkfess] [#41]
I noticed that my large flat prints would rock on a flat surface so I checked the flatness of my bed.  I assumed the prints were warping, but I warmed the bed to 60C and placed a straight edge across the bed.  Pictures below.  A support ticket has been submitted.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#42]
You just have a bent ruler.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 9:02:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Oh no. That doesn't look good. Mine has been over heating on the hot end. I went through the Bambu Labs wiki troubleshooting. I sent them a service ticket too. After having the printer turned off for a couple of hours I haven't had the error code. Weird. So far it has been a great printer way better then my Ender 3. I hope they can fix your issue.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:30:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Bambu support replied today and requested I manually level the bed and upload a new log file.  I did notice the leveling nuts were loose according to Bambu's standards.  I'll update when I get an update from them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Update - Bambu Labs has determined from the bed mesh data in the log file that my bed is faulty will be replacing it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Thank you for the update.  One of my concerns is how is their customer service. So are they sending you a bed or a whole new printer?  Was there an option?  I know a lot of us here are technical and mechanically inclined, but I can't see the average person replacing a bed.  Since they are somewhat going after that market. Keep us updated on how the repair goes.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#48]
From what I have seen in the other Bambu groups they'll send him a bed and maybe a small gift card to the bambu store.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Link to an Edge of Tech video on maintenance, and some discussion in the comments about possible improvements.  My printer is birtching to clean the rods.
https://old.reddit.com/r/BambuLab/comments/10yceka/great_maintenance_video/

I also have only 3 working AMS slots.  One ran out of filament, and it won't accept a new one.  The entrance hole isn't flexible like the others, I suspect there's a piece of filament lodged in there, I will disassemble to fix this, plus other maintenance tasks, after some emergency V-day printing is done this weekend.

I printed some dessicant holders and got some loose rechargeable dessicant, and a hydrometer.  AMS nicely runs at 10% all the time now, in the 45%ish ambient garden shed that i print in.  Previously the Bambuslicer was showing a red marker for the humidity in the AMS.
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 8:54:20 AM EDT
[#50]
I printed those desiccant holders in the first week.  I think that is what solved the issue I had with PETG oozing. Definitely, a must-print item if you get an AMS.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top