BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:39:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Creature:
Any chance of a larger version for an AR10 bolt?
View Quote

I don't own an AR-10, sooo I don't personally have a way to model it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:

I don't own an AR-10, sooo I don't personally have a way to model it.
View Quote
If I lend you one to model from?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Creature:
If I lend you one to model from?
View Quote

Sure.
I can shoot you a PM.

RP I'm going to steal changes from your remix if that's cool.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 12:04:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thunder69Storm] [#7]

Length? Do you prefer an open meplat in which to fill from or would you prefer to fill from the tail?

What weight you hoping for?
View Quote

After a lot of input from others, would someone be able to scale this (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4094048) down to the molded piece to 1.68 diameter
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:58:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scul] [#8]
Originally Posted By Thunder69Storm:

After a lot of input from others, would someone be able to scale this (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4094048) down to the molded piece to 1.68 diameter
View Quote

Thoughts on material you would mold from and shrinkage of that material?

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:01:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By scul:

View Quote

Thinking concrete plaster or epoxy of some sort, obviously would need some sort of release agent. But as always open to suggestions
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:20:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scul] [#11]

Thinking concrete plaster or epoxy of some sort, obviously would need some sort of release agent. But as always open to suggestions
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Finally got it exported and uploaded to Thangs.

Like Rat said, it'll probably require some iterations of scaling in your slicer for the material shrinkage once you figure out what you'll be using.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Like Rat said, it'll probably require some iterations of scaling in your slicer for the material shrinkage once you figure out what you'll be using.
View Quote

Thank you! you guys rock, will have to upload a video once I get it printed and molded
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Thank you! you guys rock, will have to upload a video once I get it printed and molded
View Quote

You're welcome... I'd love to see it shot!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 10:02:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: c7aea15] [#14]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:31:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
@c7aea15

What kinds of temps does this need to deal with?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By c7aea15:
Small BEC mount request.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5175195
@c7aea15

Nothing too hot I'd guess. I wouldn't expect it to get more than warm to the touch.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I can print it up for you.
View All Quotes
Small BEC mount request.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5175195
@c7aea15

Nothing too hot I'd guess. I wouldn't expect it to get more than warm to the touch.
I can print it up for you.
Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:49:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Popov] [#19]
EDIT: beat by Rat_Patrol

I can probably knock you one out real quick & ugly for you, unless you need it made out of whatever space age experimental hyper-alloy Rat is using these days

ESUN PLA+ should be fine for this, right R_P?

All I would ask for is a shipping label for the carrier of your choice (FedEx, UPS, or USPS).

If there are better offers, no hard feelings here.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#21]
PLA+ would likely be OK for this, but I'll use carbon fiber PETG just for the overkill factor.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Popov:
EDIT: beat by Rat_Patrol

I can probably knock you one out real quick & ugly for you, unless you need it made out of whatever space age experimental hyper-alloy Rat is using these days

ESUN PLA+ should be fine for this, right R_P?

All I would ask for is a shipping label for the carrier of your choice (FedEx, UPS, or USPS).

If there are better offers, no hard feelings here.
PLA+ would likely be OK for this, but I'll use carbon fiber PETG just for the overkill factor.

I gotta get me a spool of that to try out some time, the way you keep talking it up.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 2:02:48 PM EDT
[#24]
On the printer now.

Posted up the remix that allows printing the model without supports: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5224480
View Quote
Awesome! Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone have any good files for a basic bitch barrel vise jaws/block?

There's one on Thingiverse for a M&P22, which would probably work fine, but I was thinking that something partially sacrificial would be better.  That file calls for 100% infill, but I think something that would conform to the barrel's contour might work a little better, even if it has to get trashed afterwards due to cracking.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 5:28:57 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

@Thunder69Storm you try this out yet?
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Not Yet still experimenting with casting material.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Idea but not sure if 3D printing would work.

RRA Entry stock type short a1/2 style fixed stock.  Maybe made to slide over round pistol buffer.  End of stock designed to take a1/a2 butt plate.

other idea would be Bell and Carson ar15 thumbhole stock (stargate TV show "Carter special")  same short length as above and butt cap

No idea if even possible since I know jack shit about 3d printing but have a friend that has a wife that does printing but not designs.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Can I get some help with a quick CAD design? It's to add a Lowrance mount to the mirror of my Sea Doo. I have a model of the mirror from someone else's design, and a model of the Lowrance base.

I removed most of the other mount from the mirror, but it needs to be cleaned up a little (highlighted in yellow)

Then, I need to draw support connecting the mount to the mirror (where the red lines are).

The mount is pink and the mirror is tan. The tan mirror will replace an OEM part.

I want to keep the pink part about where it is and draw some thing connecting them.

I'm trying to do this in TinkerCAD but it's driving me nuts with the irregular angles. Can I give someone the .STL and have them draw the parts I need in a better program?

Link Posted: 2/22/2022 1:30:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Okay, so after many misc. shapes drawn in tinkercad, I have these parts joined. Surely, there's some better way to stitch things together in Fusion360. But, it's done for now. Going to start a new thread for help with settings and supports.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 4:33:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperPredator] [#32]
Anyone up for designing an insert that will fit into a 10.8oz folgers can, to hold four reloading dies (in hornady LNL die bushings) upright?

It would make for compact, closeable,stackable storage.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By saturnsport8k:
Anyone up for designing an insert that will fit into a 10.8oz folgers can, to hold four reloading dies (in hornady LNL die bushings) upright?

It would make for compact, closeable,stackable storage.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/274186/717EE7CF-AE56-4596-8FA6-47AEE2D1BF44_jpe-2289249.JPG
View Quote

@saturnsport8k

Why would you want to retrofit a Folger's can, vs. just making a holder from scratch? Sure, you might use a little less filament, but I think it would be more cumbersome vs. just creating a case from the ground up. Or are you thinking something I'm not?
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 11:57:52 PM EDT
[#34]

@saturnsport8k

Why would you want to retrofit a Folger's can, vs. just making a holder from scratch? Sure, you might use a little less filament, but I think it would be more cumbersome vs. just creating a case from the ground up. Or are you thinking something I'm not?
View Quote

Just trying to find a good use for these Folgers cans i have laying around other than holding brass. I like how they have lids too.

I actually think this is easy enough for me to draft myself. I’ll share what I come up with.
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 9:49:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By saturnsport8k:

Just trying to find a good use for these Folgers cans i have laying around other than holding brass. I like how they have lids too.

I actually think this is easy enough for me to draft myself. I’ll share what I come up with.
View Quote

Here’s my first draft. But at 8hours per print, I am sure it can be improved. But I know I don’t have the engineering or CAD skills to do it. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/28/2022 12:13:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Looks ok. Print it up with draft settings to check the fit!
View Quote

Well, i printed a draft and learned a few things. My measurements were off regarding the collet, so the die doesn’t fit into its groove.

And while the stand does fit snugly in the mouth of the jar, the body is a bit wider, so it jangles around inside. So I’m thinking of making the holder into a whole container with a bottom, cut the bottom of the jar off, and slide the jar over the holder. That way it will fit snugly, have a bottom, and the lid still works. Pics attached. Thoughts?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2022 6:29:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 12:04:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kjk200] [#39]
Would anyone be willing and able to print me two or three of these Lock Stud Holders for the Lee Case Length Gauge?  
My son designed these for me to fix some of the issues we had with the old versions that cracked after some use.
I posted about it in the reloading section HERE---page 6 post #3.

I needed to size some 7mm-08 casings tonight without my old ones and 3 hours later my fingers are killing me!

They are only .4" tall and less than 2" inches square so they shouldn't take too long to print.
If anyone is willing, the file is available HERE on Thingiverse.

This is my set up showing the old version.   It cracked in about the 2:00 position--above the black dot.   Some of the others cracked in the 3:00 position where the screw/nut go through.

Link Posted: 3/7/2022 12:24:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#41]

I can get that for you. I've got a busy day tomorrow, tag me so I don't forget.
View Quote
@Rat_Patrol
Thank You!
Email sent.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:31:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Well, as luck would have it, the file was released for something I wanted just as soon as I put my Ender 5+ cabinet into storage. Going to be moving into a temp residence for about a year and won't have space for it.

Would anyone be willing to print this out for me? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5308919

On it's side with supports, 80% plus infil, PLA+ or stronger. Black is ideal, but honestly any color is fine as long as it's not one of the unpaintable filaments. Can reimburse via pp, venmo, or snail mail. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Thor:
Well, as luck would have it, the file was released for something I wanted just as soon as I put my Ender 5+ cabinet into storage. Going to be moving into a temp residence for about a year and won't have space for it.

Would anyone be willing to print this out for me? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5308919

On it's side with supports, 80% plus infil, PLA+ or stronger. Black is ideal, but honestly any color is fine as long as it's not one of the unpaintable filaments. Can reimburse via pp, venmo, or snail mail. Thanks!
View Quote

I have black pla in the machine right now. I'll give it a go when I get home from work.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#44]
@RV8guy

Excellent. Shoot me a PM with your info when ready. Thanks a lot!
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#45]
So I won a 3D printer at a Cola Warrior event but still haven't got around to doing anything with it.  I've downloaded and looked at a bunch of software but haven't have the time to totally figure it out yet.

Could someone please scale one of the files so the inner diameter is 44.5mm?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2654878

Should be a simple enough first print job for me that doesn't need to be perfect and it will serve a purpose.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By USMC2671:
So I won a 3D printer at a Cola Warrior event but still haven't got around to doing anything with it.  I've downloaded and looked at a bunch of software but haven't have the time to totally figure it out yet.

Should be a simple enough first print job for me that doesn't need to be perfect and it will serve a purpose.
View Quote

Can your printer print ASA? With it being in the sun and under some stress you really want that made of a resilient UV stable plastic.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By USMC2671:

View Quote

Scaled both: https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/156069-18m-spiderpole-guy-rings-scaled-remix

Checkout OnShape and Fusion360.  I used OnShape to scale this as Fusion360 doesn't have a good Linux solution.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#48]

Can your printer print ASA? With it being in the sun and under some stress you really want that made of a resilient UV stable plastic.
View All Quotes

It's an Ender3, so I think so.

Scaled both: https://www.prusaprinters.org/prints/156069-18m-spiderpole-guy-rings-scaled-remix

Checkout OnShape and Fusion360.  I used OnShape to scale this as Fusion360 doesn't have a good Linux solution.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#49]
I am looking for some help with altering a 3d printer file.

Backstory:
I occasionally do some backyard sand casting making various things out of aluminum. Motorcycle parts, Star Wars props, etc. A few months ago I had the idea to make a belt buckle out of brass. The design was a logo I made up for my department at work, just three stylized letters on a rectangular background. I had no way of easily turning my idea into a pattern suitable for casting but  it turned out I had a friend that did. Not only did she do the design for me but printed it out as well. While it is exactly what I asked for, the geometry isn’t ideal for sand casting. Sand casting patterns should have angles that are just slightly greater than 90 degrees so they pull out of the sand without taking any sand with them.

So, while I was able to cast a not great/not terrible belt buckle, I’d like it to be better. But to do that I need help altering my 3d file. And since my friend is busy with her real job AND won’t charge me for the work she’s already done, I feel bad asking her to make changes. So I’ve come here for help. I have both an STL file and a 3mf (whatever those are) that I can send someone for editing. I can pay in money or imitation crab meat if preferred.

And I’d rather not post a picture of my design here publicly since it could identify my company and department. But here’s a cropped shot of the sand sticking in the tight places:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top