Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 6:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Hadn't heard of CARET before. Read the whole thing and have to admit it is fascinating.

Especially intrigued by the part where he says a lot of this info/materials are very old. They drag them out every once in awhile to see if our technology has caught up enough to make any sense out of it. They glean what they can and it goes back under wraps for perhaps another decade.

This is very similar to what Bob Lazar said was his understanding of the anti gravity "reactor" effort that he worked on.  It had been around a very long time and very little headway had been made on understanding really anything about it. All they really knew was that it simply worked. They didn't understand how it worked or what it was made of, only that it worked.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any of you remember the Palo Alto CARET lab and “drones” that were reported on maybe 12-15 years ago?
Supposed documents and a couple photos smuggled out of an alleged research lab in Palo Alto CA that examined ET materials.  The technology they had in their possession was said to be able to function beyond a computer by writing the “language” on a table with a special ink and surface.   The engineer/scientist who smuggled the documents out (Isaac) said the way this computer “language “ worked was beyond most of our comprehension

The “drones” were some wild “organic” looking objects that were alleged to have been observed floating at low altitudes over various towns in CA (mostly).  Observers said they would hear an electric hum like from high tension power lines, and when they looked up they would see these wild looking UAPs. Several very good photos were posted
They were said to not be very large. I recall Linda moulton Howell said she was told the “spires” would’ve been about the size of a large garbage can
May or may not have been directly connected to the stuff in the CARET lab reports

Later it was claimed to have been debunked.   I don’t recall anyone coming out and having claimed to have done the images in CGI, or faked the documents.  But maybe there was truth to it.   It was a neat story.

Point #2 sounds like this account
https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_flyingobjects11.htm

More
http://www.xfacts.com/drones/page2.html
View Quote

I remember that one.  Talk about using ionic air currents to lift it.  The programming language was simply written on the device to make it function.  

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Do you know where Harris said that shit? He doesn't seem like he makes shit up.
View Quote
I don't know the overall context, so this may have been a "what if...." question, but another quote:

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#4]
If they just continue to be here in the same way as the last couple hundred years or so (mostly observing and very insignificant interaction), not going to invade and kill or eat us all, or not going to give us FTL space flight technology (or other transformative technology), I can’t imagine that it’s going to make any great change in how the rest of my life is lived.  

It would take something really substantial to profoundly impact my day to day life.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't know the overall context, so this may have been a "what if...." question, but another quote:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
We are the aliens.
View Quote

That would explain a lot about human backs. They don’t seem strong enough for our gravity.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If they just continue to be here in the same way as the last couple hundred years or so (mostly observing and very insignificant interaction), not going to invade and kill or eat us all, or not going to give us FTL space flight technology (or other transformative technology), I can’t imagine that it’s going to make any great change in how the rest of my life is lived.  

It would take something really substantial to profoundly impact my day to day life.
View Quote

Same here.
Never understood the belief that a lot of people would be highly disturbed if this was announced. I’ll worry when it begins looking like Battle Los Angeles. Until then they’re welcome to fly over my house day and night. I’ll grab some bourbon and a cigar and enjoy the show.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That would explain a lot about human backs. They don’t seem strong enough for our gravity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We are the aliens.

Not to get off topic,
The most well reasoned theory, in my opinion, on stuff like that is the “aquatic ape” theory.

Elaine Morgan says we evolved from aquatic apes

I think we are far too closely related, genetically, to everything else on earth, for us to be alien.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've heard that before.  I personally believe that back problems are more of a modern issue.  I don't believe we were ever meant to carry large loads, be overweight.  I think in our natural state, we are long distance runners....hunters.  The size of our lungs, the arched feet, the long legs, forward facing eyes, we are predators by design.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Not to get off topic,
The most well reasoned theory, in my opinion, on stuff like that is the “aquatic ape” theory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwPoM7lGYHw

I think we are far too closely related, genetically, to everything else on earth, for us to be alien.
View Quote

That theory always fascinated me and, I believe, has merit.

It sure answers alot of questions about why we're so different from the great apes.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It sure answers alot of questions about why we're so different from the great apes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to get off topic,

The thinned appearance of our body hair with the the thickest in streamlined locations lends credence to this theory. Thick arm pit hair doesn’t interfere with swimming like an apes would. Hair on the head would act as a hat cooling the brain on a tropical beach.
The bone structure of dolphins shows that they were once on land and evolved back to the sea. Maybe the aliens have been manipulating all our dna to see what happens lol.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The thinned appearance of our body hair with the the thickest in streamlined locations lends credence to this theory. Thick arm pit hair doesn’t interfere with swimming like an apes would. Hair on the head would act as a hat cooling the brain on a tropical beach.
The bone structure of dolphins shows that they were once on land and evolved back to the sea. Maybe the aliens have been manipulating all our dna to see what happens lol.
View Quote

The more I learn, the more I wonder if "ancient aliens" actually isn't the 100% BS I thought it was.

That said, the aquatic ape theory itself implies an entirely natural process consistent with evolution - not that it couldn't also be an engineered condition/response too.

At this point, I kinda feel like nothing would surprise me - although, I'm probably wrong about that! LOL
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've heard that before.  I personally believe that back problems are more of a modern issue.  I don't believe we were ever meant to carry large loads, be overweight.  I think in our natural state, we are long distance runners....hunters.  The size of our lungs, the arched feet, the long legs, forward facing eyes, we are predators by design.
View Quote

And we would get those slabs of meat from the kill back to the cave how exactly? Or a stack of wood? Or the reluctant virgin brides we had to club over the head and incapacitate after slaughtering their village?

Being out of shape, bad posture, and overweight with atrophied back muscle/tendons/ligaments from sitting all day is the problem. When we do go to lift or push something heavy once or twice a year we pull those weak muscles/tendons/ligaments and our spine disks tend to slip out of place because they no longer have sufficient support.

I was a lazy ass during 3 month lockdown last year and my reward was a miserable case of sciatica within a week of going back to work and attempting to push a heavy cart that I had pushed hundreds of times before lockdown without issue. Do back strengthening exercises guys especially as you get older and more sedentary.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 1:16:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The thinned appearance of our body hair with the the thickest in streamlined locations lends credence to this theory. Thick arm pit hair doesn't interfere with swimming like an apes would. Hair on the head would act as a hat cooling the brain on a tropical beach.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to get off topic,
The most well reasoned theory, in my opinion, on stuff like that is the "aquatic ape" theory.

The thinned appearance of our body hair with the the thickest in streamlined locations lends credence to this theory. Thick arm pit hair doesn't interfere with swimming like an apes would. Hair on the head would act as a hat cooling the brain on a tropical beach.

One would think there would be aquatic ape fossils found in areas that were once covered in water, especially when you consider the evolutionary ancestral line would require multiple steps.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

In the timeline of human evolution, it wasn't that long ago that we were hunter/gatherers.  Moved with the herds and set up camp after a good kill.  The agricultural man then set up a permanent settlement and raised domestic animals for consumption.  There wasn't a lot of carrying much weight for many miles.  Although the Eastern American Indians didn't have large herds to hunt like the Plains Indians

Off topic but I have also been interested in why Western Civilization was one of the only one to advance with iron, the wheel, modern weapons.  It seems like anywhere else in the world they went the indigenous people were still in the stone age.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#16]
There was a novel about this.
In the near future, astronauts on the Moon discovered a long dead human in a space suit that was estimated to be about 50,000 years old.

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I took the opposite stance Harris does on virtually everything in every way.
View Quote
I'm currently reading Sam Harris' "Waking Up", and about a third of the way thru, it's not resonating with me.  I suspect I'm going to have the same reaction as you.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Any of you remember the Palo Alto CARET lab and "drones" that were reported on maybe 12-15 years ago?
Supposed documents and a couple photos smuggled out of an alleged research lab in Palo Alto CA that examined ET materials.  The technology they had in their possession was said to be able to function beyond a computer by writing the "language" on a table with a special ink and surface.   The engineer/scientist who smuggled the documents out (Isaac) said the way this computer "language " worked was beyond most of our comprehension

The "drones" were some wild "organic" looking objects that were alleged to have been observed floating at low altitudes over various towns in CA (mostly).  Observers said they would hear an electric hum like from high tension power lines, and when they looked up they would see these wild looking UAPs. Several very good photos were posted
They were said to not be very large. I recall Linda moulton Howell said she was told the "spires" would've been about the size of a large garbage can
May or may not have been directly connected to the stuff in the CARET lab reports

Later it was claimed to have been debunked.   I don't recall anyone coming out and having claimed to have done the images in CGI, or faked the documents.  But maybe there was truth to it.   It was a neat story.

Point #2 sounds like this account
https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_flyingobjects11.htm

More
http://www.xfacts.com/drones/page2.html
View Quote
Yeah I remember reading that what, 10 years ago? Photos of those "drones" are really interesting. I do remember it was supposedly "debunked" with people showing all the photoshop edits on the pictures, but if really fake someone put a ton of work into it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 10:35:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

And we would get those slabs of meat from the kill back to the cave how exactly? Or a stack of wood? Or the reluctant virgin brides we had to club over the head and incapacitate after slaughtering their village?

Being out of shape, bad posture, and overweight with atrophied back muscle/tendons/ligaments from sitting all day is the problem. When we do go to lift or push something heavy once or twice a year we pull those weak muscles/tendons/ligaments and our spine disks tend to slip out of place because they no longer have sufficient support.

I was a lazy ass during 3 month lockdown last year and my reward was a miserable case of sciatica within a week of going back to work and attempting to push a heavy cart that I had pushed hundreds of times before lockdown without issue. Do back strengthening exercises guys especially as you get older and more sedentary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  And we weren't mean to sit in chairs either.  Walking/running long distances while slender keeps the back muscles strong and fit, keeps the discs from slipping out of place.  Hunter gatherers killed it and grilled it, right on the spot.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Exactly.  And we weren't mean to sit in chairs either.  Walking/running long distances while slender keeps the back muscles strong and fit, keeps the discs from slipping out of place.  Hunter gatherers killed it and grilled it, right on the spot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is true.  We didn’t generally live that long either.  If I understand correctly, living past 40 wasn’t that common until the last few centuries.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That is true.  We didn't generally live that long either. If I understand correctly, living past 40 wasn't that common until the last few centuries.
View Quote
Not true. The average life expectancy of humans before modern medicine was heavily skewed due to high rates of infant and childhood mortality.

To arrive at an average life expectancy less than 40, for every person who died between the ages of 0 and 14, there had to be another who lived into their 60's or 70's. 80's and 90's were not unheard of.

Basically, if you made it to 20, you had a very good chance of reaching old age, though mortality was definitely higher at all adult ages of what now would be considered curable illnesses.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not true. The average life expectancy of humans before modern medicine was heavily skewed due to high rates of infant and childhood mortality.

To arrive at an average life expectancy less than 40, for every person who died between the ages of 0 and 14, there had to be another who lived into their 60's or 70's. 80's and 90's were not unheard of.

Basically, if you made it to 20, you had a very good chance of reaching old age, though mortality was definitely higher at all adult ages of what now would be considered curable illnesses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is true.  We didn't generally live that long either. If I understand correctly, living past 40 wasn't that common until the last few centuries.

That makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That's why an "Average" is 10% useless without a Standard Deviation and approximate sample size distribution.   Pre 1920s, lots of kids didn't  make it to their First Birthday, infant mortality was black magic of things we now know to easily avoid.  Guess millions still don't, but don't count in lifespan stats other than a new category.  Average "old are" for healthy people (not accidents, drugs, etc) has been 70s - 90s.

https://i.imgur.com/RtsfPwf.png

View Quote

Yes. Visit an old cemetery and look at the dates. Sooooo many children died. Many with mom and baby both dying during childbirth complications. (mom often being a young teen herself)  Some mass burials for the whole family when disease or fire struck.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 11:43:46 PM EDT
[#25]
This is interesting.  My first thought is an air show because of the fighters,  but…  what exactly is this we are seeing fall?

https://www.tiktok.com/@pmesasso/video/6972240557255003397?is_copy_url=0&is_from_webapp=v1&lang=en&sender_device=pc&sender_web_id=6975344667857733125
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:04:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Anthropologists say our evolution happened because of meat.

As we started eating animals, our brains developed more with the added nutrients and protein. The larger, more complex brain needed more nutrients, so we had to start hunting larger game, or more frequently, and those with more developed brains were able to survive, while those not smart enough to catch their meal, didn't. We needed more protein to feed the growing brain, so we had to get smarter to get better prey, the growing brain allowed us to be smarter, but also used more 'fuel', thus meaning we had to hunt more, and on and on it went through a cycle of needing more food, and getting smarter to get that food, then needing more food to maintain those smarts..

Roughly speaking, of course.

Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:07:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Also, my guess for the release is it's gonna be Project Blue Book :Redux.

90% are explainable, 8% are likely to be explainable but no proof, and 2% being 'we don't fucking  know'....

Link Posted: 6/19/2021 12:11:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes. Visit an old cemetery and look at the dates. Sooooo many children died. Many with mom and baby both dying during childbirth complications. (mom often being a young teen herself)  Some mass burials for the whole family when disease or fire struck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why an "Average" is 10% useless without a Standard Deviation and approximate sample size distribution.   Pre 1920s, lots of kids didn't  make it to their First Birthday, infant mortality was black magic of things we now know to easily avoid.  Guess millions still don't, but don't count in lifespan stats other than a new category.  Average "old are" for healthy people (not accidents, drugs, etc) has been 70s - 90s.

https://i.imgur.com/RtsfPwf.png

It wasn't uncommon that children weren't even given names until they were 1yr old...

Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Break off for a sneak pass.  He did the smoke trail to have people looking in that direction, then went low without smoke to come from behind the audience. ~90° to the original path
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is interesting.  My first thought is an air show because of the fighters,  but…  what exactly is this we are seeing fall?

https://www.tiktok.com/@pmesasso/video/6972240557255003397?is_copy_url=0&is_from_webapp=v1&lang=en&sender_device=pc&sender_web_id=6975344667857733125

Break off for a sneak pass.  He did the smoke trail to have people looking in that direction, then went low without smoke to come from behind the audience. ~90° to the original path

Ah, That sounds about right.

You know, with the current climate, i have a feeling we are in for a shitload more mis-identifications and hoaxes.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It wasn't uncommon that children weren't even given names until they were 1yr old...

View Quote

I noticed that on grave stones for very young children
Infant son/daughter of ....   6 months 5 days old
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is more dependent on location, economic status and religion.  Children in Catholic communities are named and baptized shortly after birth.  The same is true for Anglican communities.  In western society the impact of infant mortality was less a factor in naming than was religious and ethnic backround.  

ETA It was common not to give infant names in aboriginal societies to include many NA ones.  Also childhood names in these cultures would be dropped or changed at the age of adulthood or being integrated with the larger social aggregate.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#33]
its the 18th..

So what happened
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Apparently nothing
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:08:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Maybe they are still on the Julian calendar
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top