BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm here and NOT a mod...BUT let's pretend I am one just for moment.

As I noted to some of you in IM's, the last few days there has been a huge uptick in posts in GD w/ the Wayfair, Hanks, Gates, etc. pedo stuff. Now most of that was posted by people who have not been regular posters in our previous thread, and they said they had received the info from FB, twitter, wives, etc. Some of it is kind of out there and some is believable.

The point is, to keep our threads open, which we also use as a news aggregator for our friends who do not have the time, we need to be very discerning about where and what we post.
-Anything outside of this thread must be vetted with legitimate sources.
-No tossing things against the wall and discarding the rest in other subforums.
-Those of you who like pushing the envelope, please don't do it elsewhere associated with this thread. Some of us are already angry about the other thread being closed and we really don't want infighting here or with the mods. I or others will scold you if
we see it.

Does this sound reasonable to everyone else?
View Quote

Thanks for messaging me. I will behave as best I can. I will spread my hatred and vileness at Twitter.

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:29:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Being completely honest, I don't know jack squat about Bitcoin or data breaching. If you can explain what happened in very simple terms I'd be grateful. I'm sure others here would also
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The breach is being exploited in a strange way.  Posting the bitcoin addresses has netted six figures but if they truly had administrative control on all those accounts think about all the data you could harvest for blackmail or other purposes.  Or the data is already stolen and what is happening today is creating a very public incident to distract or make sure everybody knew it happened.
Being completely honest, I don't know jack squat about Bitcoin or data breaching. If you can explain what happened in very simple terms I'd be grateful. I'm sure others here would also

Whoever is behind the Twitter incident has been posting as Biden, Obama, Apple, Uber, Bezos and others that if you send a bitcoin wallet money they will double it and send it back.  If you have been on the internet long enough you will recognize that this is a very old scam, as the money never comes back or it does a few times until you send an obscene amount of money and then it disappears.  The bitcoin wallets have received over $100k, so there is that.

There are screenshots and stories of users seeing SMS codes to login being hijacked or somehow accessed by a 3rd party, screenshots of administrative panels at Twitter (think system admin or customer service), and account email addresses (like if you forgot your password we will send an email to you) on hijacked accounts being changed (consensus seems to be it's a proton mail account which is outside US legal process).  Whoever is perpetrating this attack seemingly has control of the accounts (or twitter systems) at some level to cause all of this.  There is a chance that someone found a flaw that lets you send tweets as somebody else, but right now evidence does not seem to point that way in my opinion.

Why waste that level of access on what is the boss level version of a very old internet scam?  The DM's and other account data available in Obama and Bidens account alone is probably worth multiples of whatever money is being sent to the bitcoin wallet.  The corporate accounts compromised could have been used for some awesome insider trading - short the stock and then tweet out something bad and then profit.  

One possibility is that the data is already copied from accounts and the bitcoin scam is there to make sure twitter can't cover this up.  Who knows.

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@Cecenrse

you have a tweet with that handy?

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:32:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Cecenrse

you have a tweet with that handy?

thank you

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:35:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

remove the ? and everything after

https://twitter.com/conmomma/status/1283460732193914880
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting.....been waiting for this

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hope this one doesn't get locked like the other two.
View Quote
I imagine it will, on an emotional whim...
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:45:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I cannot get by without these threads.  I find the news worth reading finds it's way here, rather quickly.  If I go searching, I usually fall down a rabbit hole to oblivion. I feel like I know many here.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well she does have better lungs than Bill.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#12]
More Goya anti-boycott AKA buycott (JLo parody) fun and games  
I Luh Ya Papi - JLO PARODY (I love Adobo - Lyon)

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Interesting comment from Kim dot com

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I saw that

I hope he will get this information and use Mega to distribute it

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I doubt the bitcoin ransom was the real reason for the hack.  My first reaction was China responding to Trump’s EO but then I realized who all appears to be the ‘victim’ of the great twitter hijack.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#16]
From Anon.

before #FakeNews tries spinning this situation saying 'Brad was caught doing something he wasn't supposed to' or somethin'…

let it be known:

THE DIGITAL FRONT IS MUCH BIGGER THAN ANYONE EXPECTED.

NO ONE ELSE KNOWS HOW TO DO WHAT BRAD DOES IN THE CYBER REALM…

THE 'CAMPAIGN MANAGER' POSITION CAN EASILY BE REPLACED!

Nothing has changed, relationship-wise… it's just a new title.

#FACTSMATTER #KAG2020 #WWG1WGA
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you read his post about two pages before the thread was locked he admitted he was trolling (it was obvious in his GD posts) which is specifically mentioned in the CoC.  He's a true believer and I'm sure he thinks he was spreading the word as he saw fit but he definitely deserved the time out for that; I wouldn't have locked the thread, but I'm not a mod.  
View Quote
It probably gets everyone's attention much better if  they shut the whole thread down than to just ban or block an individual user temporarily.

We might not even notice that happened?

Hopefully folks won't get too cozy in here and will remember there are rules.

I'm here for the news first and foremost, and secretly hope I get to publicly apologize for doubting as much as I have. Every once in a while I find a "nugget" to contribute.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:59:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
At this point, I see him as nothing more than a blowhard.  He's talked so much over the years and hasn't delivered on much of anything.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#21]

https://t.co/o3mdaVdoF1?amp=1
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#22]
sat down with Open Office and made this in about 15 minutes.

All I need is some card stock and a laminator.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Locked.  Q is done.  
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top