Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Once they admit they have a population funding etc to manage tyat population becomes the issue aka politics.
I see bears almost weekly here.
Ive never seen a Florida panther. Yet were supposed to be crawling with them.
No dead ones yet either.
View Quote

I've seen a panther, and bears.  Also it's illegal to shoot them so that could be why.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's my weird in the woods story. I have no idea what it was, but doubt it was a Bigfoot.

I was 15 or 16. We kept horses in a pasture about 300 yards from the house. To get to the pasture you had to go down a trail through the woods and down a hill. Now, I had forgotten to feed and water the horses that evening and didn't remember till about 2am.

As I was walking down the trail, I heard something come crashing through the woods right at my. I stopped, turned on my flashlight, and presented my SKS. The thing stopped right at the edge of the woods maybe ten feet from me. The undergrowth was too thick to see what it was. The thing then ran back, down the trail 20 feet or so and charged again. Once again I presented the rifle and flash light. I got the feeling that if it committed to the charge I'd be able to get off one shot maybe so I flicked out the bayonet and waited. I don't remember how many time it went up and down the edge of the trail but it never came out into the open. It eventually left and I finished caring for the horses.

It was definitely a quadruped. I don't remember any vocalizations. Didn't sound like a deer, the stride and pace was different. Sounded about deer size though, definitely not a dog, raccoon, or opossum. At the time, I thought it was a big cat but who knows.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw one fight a man on TV once.  

I am willing to accept the possibility of their existence.  I do not believe man has discovered yet all of what God created. Nor that God is done creating
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Here’s an interesting photo Steve from howtohunt posted
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
Estimated scale?
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Need a grown man to stand in the same spot
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:34:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Estimated scale?
View Quote

I have no idea

Quoted:
Need a grown man to stand in the same spot
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394844/B3964D74-6E17-4F78-81C0-BFF4FDB9F845_jpe-1929672.JPG
View Quote

That’s about the size of a 6-6.5’ man. The tree isn’t large. You can scale the tree from the saplings around it and then go from there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That’s about the size of a 6-6.5’ man. The tree isn’t large. You can scale the tree from the saplings around it and then go from there.
View Quote

Even if that thing was standing next to you that would be a giant of man.  Put some yardage into it and that is a monster.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394844/B3964D74-6E17-4F78-81C0-BFF4FDB9F845_jpe-1929672.JPG

Maybe in height but look at that things shoulder and the size of the legs. That thing is thick. That face is scary as hell too. Overall it looks like a cross between a Neanderthal and a gorilla.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hard to tell the height of something when it's squatting down like it's dropping a deuce.

Why is it so difficult to get a clear picture in these modern times of auto focus and digital photography? Look at the blurriness around the figure and the vertical and horizontal lines that make it all look pieced together and screams photoshop.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hard to tell the height of something when it's squatting down like it's dropping a deuce.

Why is it so difficult to get a clear picture in these modern times of auto focus and digital photography? Look at the blurriness around the figure and the vertical and horizontal lines that make it all look pieced together and screams photoshop.
View Quote

I was just ballparking a size. I’m not at all saying the thing is small.

I agree about the blurriness and poor quality. The top of the head can’t be discerned. I was wondering about it being a photoshop image too.

Somebody needs to bring in a damn body or a head. That’s all there is to it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t know if that’s a recent photo. Looks like an old Polaroid truthfully.
Plus that’s a screenshot I took off a YouTube video and that video download was an emailed photo........so how many copies of copies of copies is that?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Friend of mine from work, lives up in Dade City about ten miles from me, told me last night that someone saw a skunk ape up there recently.

I’ve looked online and can’t find any news stories so it’s just local rumor right now.
View All Quotes

Friend of mine from work, lives up in Dade City about ten miles from me, told me last night that someone saw a skunk ape up there recently.

I’ve looked online and can’t find any news stories so it’s just local rumor right now.

Quoted:
Cool, I remember not just my friend but his entire family said they saw a hairy man once. They lived on the outskirts of Lakeland between Plant City. Heavily wood area. Lots of farm land. Not any more though. Stupid subdivisions every Where

But they said it ran into the pool area on evening. They swore by it. He and I were 15 at the time. We hunted sasquatch until we both graduated high school and enlisted in the ARMY.

I was at Ft Stewart on patrols one night when I was in the Rangers. I was sent 100 yd down for right flank security at a road. While rest of platoon crossed. This was at night.

While there I just felt like something was back in the wood watching me. It was like a sixth sense. I took my blank adaptor off and stuck a section of my cleaning rod down the barrel. If I fired blank it'd shoot cleaning rod like a harpoon at close range.

Up around Dade City and North from there it's mostly woods/scrub/cow pastures: perfect habitat I expect.
I had an Uncle that lived 20+ years in the "Green Swamp" tract about ten miles off I-4 near Polk City; He was an avid outdoorsman/Cow Hunter and not prone to bullshit stories: He mentioned more than once having encounters with what's colloquially called "Skunk Apes" He never spoke of any damage or losses of animals (He raised Australian Shepherds)  During the 70's and 80's stories would run from time to time in the Winter Haven or Lakeland News Papers about Sasquatch and the Green Swamp...during that time there was a report of a "Wild Man" and they actually captured a Chinese National that had been living wild out there; he hung himself in the Polk County Jail.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I agree about the blurriness and poor quality. The top of the head can’t be discerned. I was wondering about it being a photoshop image too.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't harvest a spirit's head..
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol! I’m sorry. People lose me with the supernatural spirit stuff.

That’s the same kind of crap gaslighting fakes like Isdahl pimp out there because they’re not interested in physical evidence and proof. It’s a crutch to keep the game going.

Also, people share plenty of images of physical beings. I’m pretty sure if it’s physically manifested it can be killed.

We’re at the point with Bigfoot where it’s either all horseshit or none of it is.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:17:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That’s the same kind of crap gaslighting fakes like Isdahl pimp out there because they’re not interested in physical evidence and proof. It’s a crutch to keep the game going.

Also, people share plenty of images of physical beings. I’m pretty sure if it’s physically manifested it can be killed.

We’re at the point with Bigfoot where it’s either all horseshit or none of it is.
View Quote

That’s because you are either ill-informed or hold personal biases. Having spent years studying this, interviewing people, and boots on the ground in the field, I know that there is a supernatural aspect to this subject.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So my Indian ancestors, generations upon generations who lived around them are incorrect?

I'll let them know when I see them beyond.  

Thanks for your reply.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That’s because you are either ill-informed or hold personal biases. Having spent years studying this, interviewing people, and boots on the ground in the field, I know that there is a supernatural aspect to this subject.
View Quote

Or you’ve convinced yourself of something and the lack of evidence is then categorized as supernatural and you suffer from confirmation bias.

To be clear, I have no bias. I think it would be great if the things really were discovered and ACTUALLY studied. This whole entertainment side of the subject kills it. That’s why folks like Isdahl, Finding Bigfoot and the Expedition Bigfoot guys are in the game. They want some ad revenue or weakass book revenue. The supernatural aspect adds depth to the topic and keeps driving clicks because nobody is producing anything solid. It’s like a Bigfoot hall pass.

Have I had an experience? I think I may have. It’s not something I need to talk about or go into here, but it fed my curiosity further. So, no I don’t have biases. I’m more open to possibilities than you may think. I do, however, recognize that the ongoing lack of physical proof/evidence induced people to make the jump to Supernatural Sasquatch. “Well, if we can’t find anything or prove anything solid, that must mean it comes from another dimension or space ships.” Pft!

I’m a spiritual person for sure, and I spend plenty of time, “in the field” as you say, here in the northern Rockies. I think I have plenty of exposure myself. I’ve heard 1st hand accounts from people, some of those people have trust equity with me and others don’t, but without tangible evidence it’s all hearsay horseshit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So my Indian ancestors, generations upon generations who lived around them are incorrect?

I'll let them know when I see them beyond.  

Thanks for your reply.  
View Quote

I’m Cherokee, raised in Okie Land and have grandparents that told me stories they heard from their grandparents about Uktenna.

Still hear lotsa stories about giant water serpents in Okie Land do ya?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:57:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Or you’ve convinced yourself of something and the lack of evidence is then categorized as supernatural and you suffer from confirmation bias.

To be clear, I have no bias. I think it would be great if the things really were discovered and ACTUALLY studied. This whole entertainment side of the subject kills it. That’s why folks like Isdahl, Finding Bigfoot and the Expedition Bigfoot guys are in the game. They want some ad revenue or weakass book revenue. The supernatural aspect adds depth to the topic and keeps driving clicks because nobody is producing anything solid. It’s like a Bigfoot hall pass.

Have I had an experience? I think I may have. It’s not something I need to talk about or go into here, but it fed my curiosity further. So, no I don’t have biases. I’m more open to possibilities than you may think. I do, however, recognize that the ongoing lack of physical proof/evidence induced people to make the jump to Supernatural Sasquatch. “Well, if we can’t find anything or prove anything solid, that must mean it comes from another dimension or space ships.” Pft!

I’m a spiritual person for sure, and I spend plenty of time, “in the field” as you say, here in the northern Rockies. I think I have plenty of exposure myself. I’ve heard 1st hand accounts from people, some of those people have trust equity with me and others don’t, but without tangible evidence it’s all hearsay horseshit.
View Quote

I have taken my position based on a preponderance of evidence, not a lack of evidence.  Being outdoors is not "in the field", unless you are working an area and doing the investigation.  The evolution of the research is pretty much the same for most folks.

1) It doesn't exist.
2) It does exist, but it must be an unknown primate.
3) Shit what the heck is this thing.
4) There is no natural explanation for this.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have taken my position based on a preponderance of evidence, not a lack of evidence.  Being outdoors is not "in the field", unless you are working an area and doing the investigation.  The evolution of the research is pretty much the same for most folks.

1) It doesn't exist.
2) It does it exist, but it must be an unknown primate.
3) Shit what the heck is this thing.
4) There is no natural explanation for this.
View Quote

Would you be willing to share the evidence with me? If you have a preponderance of it then it must be materially and voluminously substantial.

Like I said, I’m open to things, but I also have an analytical skepticism. I’d be more than glad to see if I can replicate your results in my AO, as well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:58:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Would you be willing to share the evidence with me? If you have a preponderance of it then it must be materially and voluminously substantial.

Like I said, I’m open to things, but I also have an analytical skepticism. I’d be more than glad to see if I can replicate your results in my AO, as well.
View Quote

It's not like I haven't been actively sharing with ARFCOM for years, and will so for the foreseeable future.  There is no amount of evidence that can convince an internet skeptic.  It's too safe for you to dismiss things that are outside of our understanding.  You need to get into the field where the activity is happening.  You need to know that this is real before you can start to process the evidence.  Otherwise the physical evidence is meaningless, and the experiential evidence is too far outside of your scope of understanding to even process.  There is a progression to get to the truth on these things, I noted it in the above post.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's not like I haven't been actively sharing with ARFCOM for years, and will so for the foreseeable future.  There is no amount of evidence that can convince an internet skeptic.  It's too safe for you to dismiss things that are outside of our understanding.  You need to get into the field where the activity is happening.  You need to know that this is real before you can start to process the evidence.  Otherwise the physical evidence is meaningless, and the experiential evidence is too far outside of your scope of understanding to even process.  There is a progression to get to the truth on these things, I noted it in the above post.  
View Quote

You’ve got nothing concrete that you’re confident in then.

I put out cameras. I search areas. Heck, I’ve got 55gal barrels of food out in the Mts right now just asking for interaction. I’ve heard a vocalization I can’t explain in the same area.

I’m not some “internet skeptic”. I’ve never been in your category #1. I definitely think there’s is/could be something out there. I also don’t immediately categorize and make shit up to fit the circumstances.

I’m making an honest attempt with analytical skepticism (this means I’m attempting to avoid drinking my own kool-aid), and I’m not interested in drinking someone else’s kool-aid. If you can’t provide a framework for an experiment to where I can potentially replicate your results then your opinion effectively doesn’t matter. And that’s where we’re different.

I’m not claiming to have a preponderance of evidence and I’m also out exploring much larger and wilder areas than you, and these same areas support much larger megafauna. I’m out and about searching and I have not found a definitive piece of evidence. I extend and olive branch to be enlightened and you say no. You can’t even PM something to me? Get out of here with that stuff man.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You’ve got nothing concrete that you’re confident in then.

I put out cameras. I search areas. Heck, I’ve got 55gal barrels of food out in the Mts right now just asking for interaction. I’ve heard a vocalization I can’t explain in the same area.

I’m not some “internet skeptic”. I’ve never been in your category #1. I definitely think there’s is/could be something out there. I also don’t immediately categorize and make shit up to fit the circumstances.

I’m making an honest attempt with analytical skepticism (this means I’m attempting to avoid drinking my own kool-aid), and I’m not interested in drinking someone else’s kool-aid. If you can’t provide a framework for an experiment to where I can potentially replicate your results then your opinion effectively doesn’t matter. And that’s where we’re different.

I’m not claiming to have a preponderance of evidence and I’m also out exploring much larger and wilder areas than you, and these same areas support much larger megafauna. I’m out and about searching and I have not found a definitive piece of evidence. I extend and olive branch to be enlightened and you say no. You can’t even PM something to me? Get out of here with that stuff man.
View Quote

You should have started with hey this is what I am doing, as opposed to your hostile tact and expectation that you are entitled to anyone else's work.  But now that we got that out of the way, lets discuss your situation.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You should have started with hey this is what I am doing, as opposed to your hostile tact and expectation that you are entitled to anyone else's work.  But now that we got that out of the way, lets discuss your situation.
View Quote

I never had a hostile tact. You simply don’t like somebody questioning their own experiences and by extension everyone else’s.

I never once said you or anyone else was full of shit. I only stated the supernatural aspect is where folks lose me. I WILL concede that maybe I need to evolve or progress to one of your other stages of BF acceptance. But I will question everything the entire way.

So now you have an idea of what I’m into and trying to do. For more background, I live in the same county as this dude:

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=12302

Now tell me, what are you and all of these other folks doing in much more civilized country to induce an encounter that I, the guy in NW Wyoming with immediate access to the most remote areas in the US outside of Alaska, cannot?

I spend countless days in the backcountry during the fall, I bait bears with multiple sites in the spring (I’m headed out shortly to set another), I’m in the mountains during the summer, heck I even snow machine and backcountry ski in the winter. And by nature and consequence of where I live I am much more alert when in the outdoors, so if something were there it’s better than 50/50 that I’d know it.

So lay it on me. What do I need to do? I’ve heard something and there’s plenty of other opportunities and stimuli for an encounter in the same area, but nada.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I never had a hostile tact. You simply don’t like somebody questioning their own experiences and by extension everyone else’s.

I never once said you or anyone else was full of shit. I only stated the supernatural aspect is where folks lose me. I WILL concede that maybe I need to evolve or progress to one of your other stages of BF acceptance. But I will question everything the entire way.

So now you have an idea of what I’m into and trying to do. For more background, I live in the same county as this dude:

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=12302

Now tell me, what are you and all of these other folks doing in much more civilized country to induce an encounter that I, the guy in NW Wyoming with immediate access to the most remote areas in the US outside of Alaska cannot?

I spend countless days in the backcountry during the fall, I bait bears with multiple sites in the spring (I’m headed out shortly to set another), I’m in the mountains during the summer, heck I even snow machine and backcountry ski in the winter. And by nature and consequence of where I live I am much more alert when in the outdoors, so if something were there it’s better than 50/50 that I’d know it.

So lay it on me. What do I need to do? I’ve heard something and there’s plenty of other opportunities and stimuli for an encounter in the same area, but nada.
View Quote

Prospecting for them is hard work until you find something.  You have to choose between two approaches, active or passive.  The active approach requires throwing calls and not the shit you see on the stupid TV shows.  Which calls to use is a function of knowing the area and experimentation.  The problem with throwing a call is that you are using an aggressive call meant to stimulate the males to check you out and defend their territory.  If you are by yourself you might have a real bad experience, and quite frankly a serious problem.  I personally would never choose this method solo because you lose complete control of the results.  When they come to check you out, they are not there to play.  The other problem is that you can burn an area out so that they no longer respond to calls.

Some people use tree knocking to stimulate the area.  It can work, but I don't use it.  If you do a knock, knock once and be done with it.  If you get an answer back, you are definitely going to get a visit.  In a remote area like you are in, they will most certainly signal with sound.  At the very least you should be always listening for knocks, especially late at night and the early morning hours.  Some believe it is them making the sound with their mouth, which is also my opinion, but you can't replicate it the same way.  I have heard both rock clacking and "tree knocks" quite a bit.  In all cases, there was activity in and around the area whenever we heard it.  I have often heard knocks mixed in with coyotes going ape shit.  There is a highly correlated connection between coyote movement and Sasquatch.  I believe that the coyote hunt with the Sasquatch and get to feed on the leftovers, so they get very excited when the Sasquatch move.

If you are going to passively scout for them, then it is all about knowing what are Sasquatch indicators and where to look.  Obviously giant barefoot prints are a great indicator, but they are conscience of the tracks they make and when they run quadrupedally they can throw you off thinking it is another animal due to their knuckle imprints.  Another thing is tree breaks and stick structures.  They use these for signaling.  If you are not aware of what to look to for, you would never see them.  They use the natural environment to signal, and if you are not intune with it, you will be none the wiser.  The thing is once you find a current or previous active location you will find all these indicators clustered together.

The other thing is finding their travel corridors.  That is geography based, but my rule of thumb is to find the waterways.  They like to navigate the waterways like a highway, but that doesn't mean that they wont use canyons or other geological features.  You need to look for places to hide your movements.  Think special operations assault team.  How would they move and conceal their presence.  Check the dark places which make great ambush locations off a game trail, check the military crests of a hill/mountainside.  If the route is easy and exposed, you are looking in the wrong area.

The area you are scouting is large and has a lot of resources.  Their travel routes might make them more migratory because they have less pressure from humans.  The only way to know that is to study an area over a period of time.

Finally if you have an intention to find them, I believe that you will indeed find them.  This leads into the supernatural.  Until you are more experienced with the subject, it all seems like bullshit.  But I am telling you that there is more to these things than just an elusive monster.  Go with an open mind and keep all options on the table.  You are dealing with something that your school science classes never prepared you for.

I always give the same advice to people and that is to find a local group or get on an expedition somewhere.  Learn from others experience and leave your assumptions and ego at home.  None of us know with 100% certainty what we are dealing with, but we are not clueless either.  

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Prospecting for them is hard work until you find something.  You have to choose between two approaches, active or passive.  The active approach requires throwing calls and not the shit you see on the stupid TV shows.  Which calls to use is a function of knowing the area and experimentation.  The problem with throwing a call is that you are using an aggressive call meant to stimulate the males to check you out and defend their territory.  If you are by yourself you might have a real bad experience, and quite frankly a serious problem.  I personally would never choose this method solo because you lose complete control of the results.  When they come to check you out, they are not there to play.  The other problem is that you can burn an area out so that they no longer respond to calls.

Some people use tree knocking to stimulate the area.  It can work, but I don't use it.  If you do a knock, knock once and be done with it.  If you get an answer back, you are definitely going to get a visit.  In a remote area like you are in, they will most certainly signal with sound.  At the very least you should be always listening for knocks, especially late at night and the early morning hours.  Some believe it is them making the sound with their mouth, which is also my opinion, but you can't replicate it the same way.  I have heard both rock clacking and "tree knocks" quite a bit.  In all cases, there was activity in and around the area whenever we heard it.  I have often heard knocks mixed in with coyotes going ape shit.  There is a highly correlated connection between coyote movement and Sasquatch.  I believe that the coyote hunt with the Sasquatch and get to feed on the leftovers, so they get very excited when the Sasquatch move.

If you are going to passively scout for them, then it is all about knowing what are Sasquatch indicators and where to look.  Obviously giant barefoot prints are a great indicator, but they are conscience of the tracks they make and when they run quadrupedally they can throw you off thinking it is another animal due to their knuckle imprints.  Another thing is tree breaks and stick structures.  They use these for signaling.  If you are not aware of what to look to for, you would never see them.  They use the natural environment to signal, and if you are not intune with it, you will be none the wiser.  The thing is once you find a current or previous active location you will find all these indicators clustered together.

The other thing is finding their travel corridors.  That is geography based, but my rule of thumb is to find the waterways.  They like to navigate the waterways like a highway, but that doesn't mean that they wont use canyons or other geological features.  You need to look for places to hide your movements.  Think special operations assault team.  How would they move and conceal their presence.  Check the dark places which make great ambush locations off a game trail, check the military crests of a hill/mountainside.  If the route is easy and exposed, you are looking in the wrong area.

The area you are scouting is large and has a lot of resources.  Their travel routes might make them more migratory because they have less pressure from humans.  The only way to know that is to study an area over a period of time.

Finally if you have an intention to find them, I believe that you will indeed find them.  This leads into the supernatural.  Until you are more experienced with the subject, it all seems like bullshit.  But I am telling you that there is more to these things than just an elusive monster.  Go with an open mind and keep all options on the table.  You are dealing with something that your school science classes never prepared you for.

I always give the same advice to people and that is to find a local group or get on an expedition somewhere.  Learn from others experience and leave your assumptions and ego at home.  None of us know with 100% certainty what we are dealing with, but we are not clueless either.  

View Quote

Alright FP, now we’re talking.

As far as vocalizations go, I know next to nothing. The closest thing I’ve heard to what I experienced last year was the roar-bark of a maned wolf. It had more of an “airy” or “huff!” type of pitch to it. It happened 8mi from any real highway or gravel road, about 6,500’ elevation, 5-5:30am, May 15th. The area has a lot of canyon country. It’s probably 15-20mi from the Pryor Mts if your familiar with the area.

To your point about coyotes- the circumstances that come to mind that I experienced was about 4 years ago. My best pal and I were in the Sierra Madres of SE WY, up the Jack Creek drainage. Elevation was 7,500’-8,000’ and it was mid-August. One night we were drinking at the campfire and bullshitting. We started tree knocking for shits and giggles. I do not explicitly recall any responses, but it wasn’t long before a pack of coyotes lit up.

Any guidance on tree structures?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I’m Cherokee, raised in Okie Land and have grandparents that told me stories they heard from their grandparents about Uktenna.

Still hear lotsa stories about giant water serpents in Okie Land do ya?
View Quote

Ok, well osiyo, bro.

I haven't heard anyone mention uktenna since I was young.

I just got back to the Cherokee Nation after living in Texas most of my life.

I'll be back later. Busy right now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Tree knocks.

My fiance and I work together, Monday-Friday, always leaving before dawn.

Recently, I had put my truck in the garage due to storms. It had been in there several days.

The morning of the tree knock, I had stayed home for a doctor's appointment.

So, a bit after sunrise, I came outside, coffee in hand to enjoy the wildlife and another beautiful morning in the Ozarks.

I set my coffee down and walked partly down the driveway for some reason and "Knock!" from about 30 yards into the woods. Only once.

Did they not realize that someone had stayed home?

Lol.

The more you think you learn about this stuff, the more you realize that you don't really learn, as it seems that everything about it just begs more questions.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:47:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I haven`t seen one, but I'm pretty sure I heard one.

My son, 3 friends and I were deer hunting on paper company land near Crocket, TX in the mid 1970's.

My son, about 6 years at the time and I were seated on the ground by a wash in an area that had been timber-harvested and was covered with a lot of tree stubble.. We were facing a fence line about 150 yds away. The other side of the fence was very dense thicket.

A friend was about 150 yds behind us high on a small platform in a pine tree. The others were back at camp huddled around the fire.

My son and I were watching a few does that seemed to want to come to our side of the fence,but probably saw us and were reluctant, when we heard a VERY loud roar-beller-screech-scream-?  It was so loud it seemed to have the lung capacity of a hugh bull. It seemed to travel back and forth parallel to the fence line. Also, it was moving so fast through the dense thicket, it almost seemed to be flying above it!

My son and got up to leave immediately. Our friend behind us decided he would stay at the top of the pine tree. When we got back to camp, about 500-600 yes away, the others were standing by the fire and staring at us wild eyed.

I asked, "did y'all here that" ? They said, "HELL YEAH"!

We were told by a  co-worker that he and some friends hunted that area a couple of years prior and that one of his friends was seated against a tree and saw a BF look around a tree at him. He panicked, dropped his rifle and came running and screaming back to camp with his knife in his hand.The others had to go back out to get his rifle.

In the last year or two, I heard on a radio program what was supposed to be a BF yell/bellow. It was EXACTLY what we heard that day.

View Quote
Yeah, I've never seen one either, but my dad and I had a similar bizarre encounter while grouse hunting in SW Oregon several years ago a bit NE of Applegate Lake. An absolutely massive and loud bellow/yell/scream in the forest about 50 yds from where we were. The volume was stunning. And the sound is hard to describe: closest thing I can say is it sounded like a crazed wild man i.e. like one would expect with jaw, mouth and lips moving. NOT an elk or cat.

My dad turned to me, white as a ghost, eyes bulging, and whispers "What the F was THAT?" I said, "I dunno, but it sounds pissed." Scared us pretty good, and we beat-feet out of there immediately.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Yeah, I've never seen one either, but my dad and I had a similar bizarre encounter while grouse hunting in SW Oregon several years ago a bit NE of Applegate Lake. An absolutely massive and loud bellow/yell/scream in the forest about 50 yds from where we were. The volume was stunning. And the sound is hard to describe: closest thing I can say is it sounded like a crazed wild man i.e. like one would expect with jaw, mouth and lips moving. NOT an elk or cat.

My dad turned to me, white as a ghost, eyes bulging, and whispers "What the F was THAT?" I said, "I dunno, but it sounds pissed." Scared us pretty good, and we beat-feet out of there immediately.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My son, 3 friends and I were deer hunting on paper company land near Crocket, TX in the mid 1970's.

My son, about 6 years at the time and I were seated on the ground by a wash in an area that had been timber-harvested and was covered with a lot of tree stubble.. We were facing a fence line about 150 yds away. The other side of the fence was very dense thicket.

A friend was about 150 yds behind us high on a small platform in a pine tree. The others were back at camp huddled around the fire.

My son and I were watching a few does that seemed to want to come to our side of the fence,but probably saw us and were reluctant, when we heard a VERY loud roar-beller-screech-scream-?  It was so loud it seemed to have the lung capacity of a hugh bull. It seemed to travel back and forth parallel to the fence line. Also, it was moving so fast through the dense thicket, it almost seemed to be flying above it!

My son and got up to leave immediately. Our friend behind us decided he would stay at the top of the pine tree. When we got back to camp, about 500-600 yes away, the others were standing by the fire and staring at us wild eyed.

We were told by a  co-worker that he and some friends hunted that area a couple of years prior and that one of his friends was seated against a tree and saw a BF look around a tree at him. He panicked, dropped his rifle and came running and screaming back to camp with his knife in his hand.The others had to go back out to get his rifle.

In the last year or two, I heard on a radio program what was supposed to be a BF yell/bellow. It was EXACTLY what we heard that day.

Could you feel it in your chest?

This seems token, but it is a thing I and others experienced before it was a common tv or internet thing.  

You inevitably have to ask yourself,  "What else could it have been?"
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This seems token, but it is a thing I and others experienced before it was a common tv or internet thing.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't recall "feeling it in my chest" per se, but it was also quite a few years ago. Even if I did, I think I was probably distracted by the sheer volume and shock/weirdness of the moment. Very difficult to believe that anything in North America could yell that loudly. It sounded rather "verbal", not wild animal like. Imagine a crazy man yelling, and in the course of the yell, going through various vowel sounds by how he forms his lips and moves his jaw. Now take all of that and amplify it to an unbelievable level.

That being said, and to your point, I've struggled with that exact question: "What else could it have been?"
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I don't recall "feeling it in my chest" per se, but it was also quite a few years ago. Even if I did, I think I was probably distracted by the sheer volume and shock/weirdness of the moment. Very difficult to believe that anything in North America could yell that loudly. It sounded rather "verbal", not wild animal like. Imagine a crazy man yelling, and in the course of the yell, going through various vowel sounds by how he forms his lips and moves his jaw. Now take all of that and amplify it to an unbelievable level.

That being said, and to your point, I've struggled with that exact question: "What else could it have been?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems "otherworldly"..

And yet, the question remains.

Thanks for sharing. I really wish that I had an answer for you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:00:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Alright FP, now we’re talking.

As far as vocalizations go, I know next to nothing. The closest thing I’ve heard to what I experienced last year was the roar-bark of a maned wolf. It had more of an “airy” or “huff!” type of pitch to it. It happened 8mi from any real highway or gravel road, about 6,500’ elevation, 5-5:30am, May 15th. The area has a lot of canyon country. It’s probably 15-20mi from the Pryor Mts if your familiar with the area.

To your point about coyotes- the circumstances that come to mind that I experienced was about 4 years ago. My best pal and I were in the Sierra Madres of SE WY, up the Jack Creek drainage. Elevation was 7,500’-8,000’ and it was mid-August. One night we were drinking at the campfire and bullshitting. We started tree knocking for shits and giggles. I do not explicitly recall any responses, but it wasn’t long before a pack of coyotes lit up.

Any guidance on tree structures?
View Quote

Vocalizations are tough because they have vocal capabilities that extend outside of the human hearing range, and they are capable of using the entire range.  There are common vocalizations that people hear, but they are all over the map such as whooping, samari chatter, growls, screams, inrasound (this is where people feel their body vibrating), and howls.  In addition they are excellent at mimicking humans and other animals.  The thing that gives them away is the timbre or volume of the mimic.  Perhaps that was what caught your ear on that roar-bark.

Ron Morehead's work with the Sierra Sounds was the first to give us a clue that they have language.  Since then, others have picked up that research and have come to a similar conclusion.  What is interesting is that people have taken those recordings and call blasted them to get a response.  Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.  I have also seen whale sounds call blasted to stimulate an area.  The interesting thing about whale sounds is that they a wide frequency range in their vocalizations similar to Sasquatch.  I can tell you from experience that a good call can make a quiet woods turn into a scary situation, very quickly.  And the best at it are old timers that spent time listening to the woods.

Now there is one more form of vocalization that is worth mentioning and that is mind-speak.  This is certainly in the supernatural spectrum, and I personally have never had the experience, but I know people that have had it happen and there are numerous accounts of it happening by others.  Anybody seriously studying these things has to consider that this is also a capability of theirs.

Interesting about the coyotes, it could be coincidence, but I suspect you got checked out.  If you had a visit, it looks like they never interacted with you, so you really have no way of knowing.  If you would have started moving towards the coyotes you might have gotten a return knock.  That would serve both as a warning to you and a heads up to the clan that you are approaching.

Stick structures and tree breaks are common things that they like to do. But it is easy to miss these things because it is hard to separate them from the natural environment.  I think this is very useful to them because they are familiar with their navigation routes and can spot the signal.  If you are just passing through they mean nothing to you.  For me I try to pay attention to sticks in patterns, especially in a pattern of three, or limb breaks at about 8 feet high.  If you start working a radius around it and see other similar structures, you might have found a trail or one of their areas.  The way I work is to use structures and tree breaks as a secondary indicator, but if you are prospecting you need to be more proactive.  

If you want a no bullshit resource of what is known about Sasquatch get the book The Nephilim Among Us by Scott Carpenter.  It is a quick read and provides a great overview of the subject.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Tree knocks.

Recently, I had put my truck in the garage due to storms. It had been in there several days.

So, a bit after sunrise, I came outside, coffee in hand to enjoy the wildlife and another beautiful morning in the Ozarks.

I set my coffee down and walked partly down the driveway for some reason and "Knock!" from about 30 yards into the woods. Only once.

Lol.

The more you think you learn about this stuff, the more you realize that you don't really learn, as it seems that everything about it just begs more questions.
View Quote

Nicely stated.  The minute you think you have it nailed down, the game gets changed and you are back to the drawing board.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

The verbal part caught my attention.  You already know my opinion.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Vocalizations are tough because they have vocal capabilities that extend outside of the human hearing range, and they are capable of using the entire range.  There are common vocalizations that people hear, but they are all over the map such as whooping, samari chatter, growls, screams, inrasound (this is where people feel their body vibrating), and howls.  In addition they are excellent at mimicking humans and other animals.  The thing that gives them away is the timbre or volume of the mimic.  Perhaps that was what caught your ear on that roar-bark.

Ron Morehead's work with the Sierra Sounds was the first to give us a clue that they have language.  Since then, others have picked up that research and have come to a similar conclusion.  What is interesting is that people have taken those recordings and call blasted them to get a response.  Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't.  I have also seen whale sounds call blasted to stimulate an area.  The interesting thing about whale sounds is that they a wide frequency range in their vocalizations similar to Sasquatch.  I can tell you from experience that a good call can make a quiet woods turn into a scary situation, very quickly.  And the best at it are old timers that spent time listening to the woods.

Now there is one more form of vocalization that is worth mentioning and that is mind-speak.  This is certainly in the supernatural spectrum, and I personally have never had the experience, but I know people that have had it happen and there are numerous accounts of it happening by others.  Anybody seriously studying these things has to consider that this is also a capability of theirs.

Interesting about the coyotes, it could be coincidence, but I suspect you got checked out.  If you had a visit, it looks like they never interacted with you, so you really have no way of knowing.  If you would have started moving towards the coyotes you might have gotten a return knock.  That would serve both as a warning to you and a heads up to the clan that you are approaching.

Stick structures and tree breaks are common things that they like to do. But it is easy to miss these things because it is hard to separate them from the natural environment.  I think this is very useful to them because they are familiar with their navigation routes and can spot the signal.  If you are just passing through they mean nothing to you.  For me I try to pay attention to sticks in patterns, especially in a pattern of three, or limb breaks at about 8 feet high.  If you start working a radius around it and see other similar structures, you might have found a trail or one of their areas.  The way I work is to use structures and tree breaks as a secondary indicator, but if you are prospecting you need to be more proactive.  

If you want a no bullshit resource of what is known about Sasquatch get the book The Nephilim Among Us by Scott Carpenter.  It is a quick read and provides a great overview of the subject.
View Quote

Yes, the volume was what set it off. Not only was the sound/call abnormal for regional fauna, it was also loud. Not painfully because I could tell it originated at a distance of 600-800 yard in front of me as I was walking to a bear stand. Very peculiar.

I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for overhead structures. I see plenty of downed trees that fall together, but honestly I’ve never given and attention to things overhead.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Tree knocks.

Lol.

View Quote

I work nights.  I went through a period of time when I would arrive home at 1am.  Upslope from me I would get two solid "tree knocks" just after I shut my car door.  Seemed about a few yards into the tree line.  Within a second or two there would be a second set of knocks from down slope maybe a hundred yards in the opposite direction.  I generally went into the house and would come back out to walk the dog.  This would result in several distinct knocks from various directions.  I experienced this off and on for about three months and then it stopped.  I at first got the distinct impression that there were people playing a prank on me so I scanned the woods with my flashlight and on other occasions with a night scope.  Nothing to see what so ever.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Mine moves around quite frequently.  The neighbors get a kick out of him.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:00:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I work nights.  I went through a period of time when I would arrive home at 1am.  Upslope from me I would get two solid "tree knocks" just after I shut my car door.  Seemed about a few yards into the tree line.  Within a second or two there would be a second set of knocks from down slope maybe a hundred yards in the opposite direction.  I generally went into the house and would come back out to walk the dog.  This would result in several distinct knocks from various directions.  I experienced this off and on for about three months and then it stopped.  I at first got the distinct impression that there were people playing a prank on me so I scanned the woods with my flashlight and on other occasions with a night scope.  Nothing to see what so ever.  
View Quote

Yeah that is classic behavior.  You would still hear those knocks if they were around, how long ago was this?  Maybe they traverse your property seasonally.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#43]
It was August through November.  Ended a few weeks before snow.  Got vocalizations one night as well.  Also I get year round coyote activity in my neighborhood but during these episodes they would act way more nuts.  Caught a coyote off guard in my yard one night.  He didn't see me coming.  He was super focused on something else.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:28:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It was August through November.  Ended a few weeks before snow.  Got vocalizations one night as well.  Also I get year round coyote activity in my neighborhood but during these episodes they would act way more nuts.  Caught a coyote off guard in my yard one night.  He didn't see me coming.  He was super focused on something else.
View Quote

Was that this previous year?   If so, you are highly likely to encounter them again around the same time.  Like I said above, there is a correlation to Sasquatch and coyote.  At least you know what you got around your property.  You get used to it if they are not harassing you.

PS You absolutely need thermal if you don’t have it yet.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:12:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Was that this previous year?   If so, you are highly likely to encounter them again around the same time.  Like I said above, there is a correlation to Sasquatch and coyote.  At least you know what you got around your property.  You get used to it if they are not harassing you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had every intention to get thermal but unfortunately other financial considerations took precedent. I will keep audio recorder handy at all times as have only heard strange things.  I have been hyper sensitive after my last loud encounter.  Frankly it has had me on edge since it happened in the fall of 2020.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I had every intention to get thermal but unfortunately other financial considerations took precedent. I will keep audio recorder handy at all times as have only heard strange things.  I have been hyper sensitive after my last loud encounter.  Frankly it has had me on edge since it happened in the fall of 2020.
View Quote

No worries, just don't shoot at them unless absolutely necessary.  That will make your situation much worse.  NVG is mostly useless, you need thermal.  You can catch them and their tracks with it.  You do have to be mindful around your property, but when they are around you will hear the knocking again.  Best bet is to ignore them.  

Have you checked your property for odd stick structures or broken limbs around the areas you heard the knocks.  The broken limb will often have a twist in it, as they use a twisting motion to do that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No worries, just don't shoot at them unless absolutely necessary.  That will make your situation much worse.  NVG is mostly useless, you need thermal.  You can catch them and their tracks with it.  You do have to be mindful around your property, but when they are around you will hear the knocking again.  Best bet is to ignore them.  

Have you checked your property for odd stick structures or broken limbs around the areas you heard the knocks.  The broken limb will often have a twist in it, as they use a twisting motion to do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I first purchased the property I found some odd leaning trees that looked pushed over to create two tripod structures.  Also some scraping on bark over my head that exposed the white of the trees but no claw marks.  I had found a few bear tracks and dung so I attributed what I saw to that.  We have a couple bears that are known to occupy the land uphill from me.  There are no twisted trunks or branches.  I've seen the pictures others have posted and that is something that would have really jumped out to me.  I regularly check out my land.  I know it is part of a bear and deer trail which pass through regularly from a local pond to the upland behind me.  Wildlife is channeled this way because of the layout of the neighborhood.  I also have a ton of coyote activity and see them often.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:22:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

When I first purchased the property I found some odd leaning trees that looked pushed over to create two tripod structures.  Also some scraping on bark over my head that exposed the white of the trees but no claw marks.  I had found a few bear tracks and dung so I attributed what I saw to that.  We have a couple bears that are known to occupy the land uphill from me.  There are no twisted trunks or branches.  I've seen the pictures others have posted and that is something that would have really jumped out to me.  I regularly check out my land.  I know it is part of a bear and deer trail which pass through regularly from a local pond to the upland behind me.  Wildlife is channeled this way because of the layout of the neighborhood.  I also have a ton of coyote activity and see them often.
View Quote

Sounds like a great area.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Please Pardon the question, but I’ve not really kept up with this topic;

It seems like there is an enormous amount of information on how to attract and track these.  What’s the reason getting clear photo or video of them is so difficult?   Is it technical?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Please Pardon the question, but I’ve not really kept up with this topic;

It seems like there is an enormous amount of information on how to attract and track these.  What’s the reason getting clear photo or video of them is so difficult?   Is it technical?
View Quote

It's a complex question with a complex answer.

First, is it possible to get a good photo/video of Sasquatch?  Absolutely yes, but it's not easy.

Now the rest of the story.

To be continued...
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top