BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 2:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the oldest dead person she has seen?  Is it always people dressed in 19th/20th century clothing or are there older ones, like colonial era or earlier?  Id be taking her on a trip to Paris or Rome.
View Quote
@FrankW134

Sorry, I missed a few posts.

Not sure, but she's mentioned colonial and native americans dressed like they stepped out of a movie.  I guess it depends on location. Here in Kentucky, there weren't many pre-colonial whites and blacks.
Link Posted: 11/18/2019 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Halloween reminded me of something.

You mentioned your wife saying that it's possible to inadvertently draw undesirable things with Welcome mats, triangular spaces in corners etc.

Does she have any opinions on creepy stories after dark? When I was a kid, I remember my aunt warning us that telling each other ghost/horror/creepy stories at night could draw undesirable things. Her claim was that it can potentially put your mind in a particular state that can unintentionally draw them.

Of course, I asked my parents about it, and my dad  laughed and said she was just saying that to scare us (and maybe to dissuade us from telling ghost stories to each other late at night, that might keep us awake). My mom had a, "More things in heaven and earth, than dreamt of in your philosophy" mentality, and said, "If you can't be sure, err on the side of safety".
View Quote
@bluemax_1

I guess it's possible, I'll ask her later.

Very, very few people ever notice the supernatural, so I guess it's a minuscule risk.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi Kimber,
Sounds authentic to me. After my Dad passed, I lived several hours away and wasn't there, I dreamed that I went to where he was. He seemed to be standing around talking with a group of guys much like he might do at a church function. The exchange I remember was him saying mentally, "What are you doing here?" My reply was that,"I came to say goodby." That was pretty much it but it seemed pretty real. I had read Robert Monroe's "Journeys Out of the Body" years prior to that so it still could be chalked up to just a dream but it seemed real to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Several years ago, I lost two friends to an electrocution freak accident-a group was walking in an area where some kids had previously thrown a pole up on some power lines, one friend got too close to the pole and the electricity arced...one tried to save the other but electricity did what it does and luckily another friend that was there kept the others from running in.

I had a super vivid dream where they both were surrounded by white light and telling me they were fine and everything was ok.  I always wondered if it was truly just a dream or something more.  Interesting thread, for sure.
Hi Kimber,
Sounds authentic to me. After my Dad passed, I lived several hours away and wasn't there, I dreamed that I went to where he was. He seemed to be standing around talking with a group of guys much like he might do at a church function. The exchange I remember was him saying mentally, "What are you doing here?" My reply was that,"I came to say goodby." That was pretty much it but it seemed pretty real. I had read Robert Monroe's "Journeys Out of the Body" years prior to that so it still could be chalked up to just a dream but it seemed real to me.
Had a similar experience myself. When my mother passed I started having dreams where she would come and visit with me and talk. I brushed it off assuming that it was just me grieving and dealing with the whole situation. About 3 weeks after her death I had a vivid dream of her telling me she was fine and that she won't be coming to visit me anymore. The following day I called my brother to talk to him about the dream and it turns out we had the same exact dream that night. Haven't had a dream about her since...

Interesting thread for sure though. A fair amount of people in my family (including me) have had experiences with supernatural/unexplainable things...
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Regarding the furniture triangle corner thing. Does that mean anything? Like if I have a tv stand that is parallel to a wall, but the TV is turned at an angle making a triangle, does that count as an opening?

We've been in our house for almost two years, and just starting a couple weeks ago (out hunting in the woods at first), I started to see "things". Little shadows, or flashes of light. When I focused on them, or went looking they weren't there. Started to freak me out, and I figured it was just my eyes playing tricks on me, but I swear one morning while getting ready in the bathroom, I had the door open to the master bedroom and I saw a shadow walk behind me. Thought it was my wife, but she was downstairs in the kitchen. Not sure if I actually saw something, or again, if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but I've been seeing things more and more since it started a few weeks ago.

Haven't heard or felt anything though..
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I love this thread- it's cool that your wife has a gift.

My daughter has been claiming to see something unusual in my room at night. She said "they're going into you dad"

I don't see anything, but she's adament.

Next time she does it I'll try to snap a pic. It would be awesome if your wife would take a look at the photo and see if she notices anything strange.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 12:25:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My daughter has been claiming to see something unusual in my room at night. She said "they're going into you dad"
View Quote

How old is your daughter? I've seen quite a few kids (<5 y/o) make some very disturbing claims about seeing "them".

@J_Wynn
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How old is your daughter? I've seen quite a few kids (<5 y/o) make some very disturbing claims about seeing "them".

@J_Wynn
View Quote
She's 4. Last night she didn't mention anything though. Kids are creepy
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Regarding the furniture triangle corner thing. Does that mean anything? Like if I have a tv stand that is parallel to a wall, but the TV is turned at an angle making a triangle, does that count as an opening?

We've been in our house for almost two years, and just starting a couple weeks ago (out hunting in the woods at first), I started to see "things". Little shadows, or flashes of light. When I focused on them, or went looking they weren't there. Started to freak me out, and I figured it was just my eyes playing tricks on me, but I swear one morning while getting ready in the bathroom, I had the door open to the master bedroom and I saw a shadow walk behind me. Thought it was my wife, but she was downstairs in the kitchen. Not sure if I actually saw something, or again, if it's just my eyes playing tricks on me, but I've been seeing things more and more since it started a few weeks ago.

Haven't heard or felt anything though..
View Quote
The triangle thing is real. I dont know how it works. Change the room around or get a tv stand that is triangular that fills the gap.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love this thread- it's cool that your wife has a gift.

I don't see anything, but she's adament.

Next time she does it I'll try to snap a pic. It would be awesome if your wife would take a look at the photo and see if she notices anything strange.
View Quote
Children are more open minded. Their brains dont always block out what "should" be impossible.

Also, "going into you" sounds bad, on more than one level.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I was gone from my little apartment for a while.  Since I've been back I have not seen anything and none of the lights have been switching on and off.  Either the entity has gone dormant or left is all I can guess.   I'm a little disappointed.  It has been months since any activity.  Maybe it was following a person who has left?
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Usually when a place is haunted it stays haunted unless there is an intervention of some sort.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 2:47:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was gone from my little apartment for a while.  Since I've been back I have not seen anything and none of the lights have been switching on and off.  Either the entity has gone dormant or left is all I can guess.   I'm a little disappointed.  It has been months since any activity.  Maybe it was following a person who has left?
View Quote
Possibly. People can and do get haunted.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I skimmed most of the thread, so apologize if this question had been asked. A friend recently came out as having this ability/being a medium, and i have sat down with her twice just to see what it was about.

There are some things she has told me that there are zero way she knew off hand. In fact, a few things i didn’t know until i confirmed them through my mom. She is apparently being contacted by my father who has passed away.

Does your wife think that the “medium” people are legit? I’m a skeptic by nature, but after the 2 times i sat down with her, I’m becoming more convinced.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I skimmed most of the thread, so apologize if this question had been asked. A friend recently came out as having this ability/being a medium, and i have sat down with her twice just to see what it was about.

There are some things she has told me that there are zero way she knew off hand. In fact, a few things i didn’t know until i confirmed them through my mom. She is apparently being contacted by my father who has passed away.

Does your wife think that the “medium” people are legit? I’m a skeptic by nature, but after the 2 times i sat down with her, I’m becoming more convinced.
View Quote
Most are outright frauds. Some have some kind of ability. A very small percentage will make you crap your pants.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:29:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Most are outright frauds. Some have some kind of ability. A very small percentage will make you crap your pants.
View Quote
That’s what I’m trying to figure out. The medium has been a fringe friend for awhile, so knows enough about me. Yet some of the stuff she said, including describing a picture that broke of my father (that he told her about, apparently), that i didn’t even know about and had to confirm, almost made me choke.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is my observation as well.  But, I have no direct experience -- just going from accounts that I have read and heard.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That’s what I’m trying to figure out. The medium has been a fringe friend for awhile, so knows enough about me. Yet some of the stuff she said, including describing a picture that broke of my father (that he told her about, apparently), that i didn’t even know about and had to confirm, almost made me choke.
View Quote
Only you can make the decision whether someone is legit or not.

I've not yet met one that convinced me. I have a few things that would convince me like "so-and-so said this..." So-and-so being a dear friend that literally none of my friends/family ever met or heard of. He's been dead years.

I'd like to think he has better things to do than talk to mediums for me though.

I hope that the mediums I've met have no ill will. As in, if they are not truly gifted, I hope they at least truly believe they are. I've seen them bring honest good people to tears.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 11:59:58 AM EDT
[#18]
O.P. I have written about my experiences volunteering at a haunted theater, in the creepy thread.

As I have a few near death experiences, would you ask your wife. Why is it only at this one place that I have ghost encounters ?
Other people have häd more sightings than me at this place.

But I never asked about their history.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
O.P. I have written about my experiences volunteering at a haunted theater, in the creepy thread.

As I have a few near death experiences, would you ask your wife. Why is it only at this one place that I have ghost encounters ?
Other people have häd more sightings than me at this place.

But I never asked about their history.
View Quote
She asked:

Did you hear it was haunted before you went? Or, did you figure it out the hard way?
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 3:10:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Before I was born. I think my mother said it was in Acomba California or Alpine California. They were buying and living in a very old house that used to be an old stage stock from the turn of the century in the late 1800's. Shortly after moving in my eldest sister about 3 or 4at the time. Came to to my mother and said mother there is a little old man in my closet. She insisted that mom go see.  She said when she got there she did not see anyone but felt like someone was there. She tried to get more from my sister. She described him as short and dressed in overalls. She said he was keeled down doing something in the closet.

She said that all the indoor door locks were hook and loop like the kind on old patio screen doors. They never stayed locked and opened all the time. Like some on opened them.

There was a spot in the fire place mantell right corner that things would disappear from.

She had spoke to a woman who lived in the house before them. Some time after they lived there, Who also said the house was haunted.

Weird stuff. The woman told my mom she hated it. My mother said she always felt he looked over them.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 1:30:29 PM EDT
[#22]
OP, a bit of a personal question, but has your wife ever had a near death experience? Not a 'near miss' like a car accident or something, but actually heading towards 'the light'. Even as far back as at birth? My wife experiences everything you have described in this thread. She was a maconion (not sure on that spelling) birth, and was born with her lungs full of gunk. Most die before they ever have a chance, but she was revived and lives a healthy life.

When my son was 1yr old, he choked until he turned a deep blueish purple. I honestly believe he was dead in my arms, until I was able to dislodge the object and he came back. He's 3 now and talks about these same things. We live near a cemetery, and he always says that it's where "The Brokens" live, and sometimes asks about people or things he shouldn't have any knowledge of.

I find it all very interesting and always ask my wife about it, but she tries to ignore it and never wants to talk about it.

I've always wondered if the near death experience has anything to do with.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 6:46:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My wife wants to know if there is any way to know if she is her half-sister who died before she was born.

My wife was born 2 years to the day of her half-sister's death, who died as a teenager from Meningitis. Their Dad has had a very rough life, as he lost his wife (mother of the deceased sister, NOT my wife) just a few months after his daughter (he has 1 other daughter, estranged soon after).

She has always felt connected to her deceased half sister, though she obviously never knew her or even met her.

My wife can feel her deceased relatives visit, especially her Grandmother (her Dad's Mom), but never once has she experienced anything she can attribute to the deceased sister.
View Quote
Not sure how to tell.

Some relatives dont visit, either.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
OP, a bit of a personal question, but has your wife ever had a near death experience? Not a 'near miss' like a car accident or something, but actually heading towards 'the light'. Even as far back as at birth? My wife experiences everything you have described in this thread. She was a maconion (not sure on that spelling) birth, and was born with her lungs full of gunk. Most die before they ever have a chance, but she was revived and lives a healthy life.

When my son was 1yr old, he choked until he turned a deep blueish purple. I honestly believe he was dead in my arms, until I was able to dislodge the object and he came back. He's 3 now and talks about these same things. We live near a cemetery, and he always says that it's where "The Brokens" live, and sometimes asks about people or things he shouldn't have any knowledge of.

I find it all very interesting and always ask my wife about it, but she tries to ignore it and never wants to talk about it.

I've always wondered if the near death experience has anything to do with.
View Quote
Not for my wife.

Her skills started as a kid and were treated as normal by her mother (who can do the same to a much lesser extent)

Kids start life open minded. Unless someone tells him different, he could see/hear them forever.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What is the oldest dead person she has seen?  Is it always people dressed in 19th/20th century clothing or are there older ones, like colonial era or earlier?  Id be taking her on a trip to Paris or Rome.
View Quote
This post freaked me out.  I have had 2 experiences with people from the turn of the century

One was soon after the death of my Brother in law after his death by an IED.

I woke up one morning a month or two after.  I saw a large circle, probably 3 or 4 feet in diameter.  In it was a scene with pillars and people, manly women in the turn of the century dresses walking around.  The were the ones tight on the top but wit the large done shaped at the bottom.  Everything was in a brilliant white, very bright.  The circle slowly closed and disappeared in probably under 5 seconds

The other was about a year ago.  I have a small computer/office room in my basement.  The desk is up against a wall with the door directly to the right.  The desk is right up against the frame. I saw a woman standing just on the other side of the door.  She was dressed in turn of the century clothes also. Button up shoes, tight dress on top with  a slight dome shape below the waist with the puffy shoulders. Her hair was pulled
up with a bun on the top. She was there for about a second.  Then she reappeared a few seconds later.  She was a brilliant white also

My house was built in the 1970’s.  As far as I know there has never been a house here, although there is a house built in the 1880’s about a mile or so away

I have seen the black shadows in my peripheral vision. That was in the depths of my alcoholism.  I haven’t seen them since I quit 4 years ago

My wife believes in evil spirits.  She says she heard them at night. In fact she keeps a night light on.  She says they choke her sometimes.  I didn’t believe her. I figured some sort of sleep apnea.  One night not long ago we were sitting in our front room. House is a split level.  We both heard what sounded like someone walking upstairs in the hallway.  Our floors have a very distinctive squeak when you walk and can tell where someone is
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This post freaked me out.  I have had 2 experiences with people from the turn of the century

One was soon after the death of my Brother in law after his death by an IED.

I woke up one morning a month or two after.  I saw a large circle, probably 3 or 4 feet in diameter.  In it was a scene with pillars and people, manly women in the turn of the century dresses walking around.  The were the ones tight on the top but wit the large done shaped at the bottom.  Everything was in a brilliant white, very bright.  The circle slowly closed and disappeared in probably under 5 seconds

The other was about a year ago.  I have a small computer/office room in my basement.  The desk is up against a wall with the door directly to the right.  The desk is right up against the frame. I saw a woman standing just on the other side of the door.  She was dressed in turn of the century clothes also. Button up shoes, tight dress on top with  a slight dome shape below the waist with the puffy shoulders. Her hair was pulled
up with a bun on the top. She was there for about a second.  Then she reappeared a few seconds later.  She was a brilliant white also

My house was built in the 1970’s.  As far as I know there has never been a house here, although there is a house built in the 1880’s about a mile or so away

I have seen the black shadows in my peripheral vision. That was in the depths of my alcoholism.  I haven’t seen them since I quit 4 years ago

My wife believes in evil spirits.  She says she heard them at night. In fact she keeps a night light on.  She says they choke her sometimes.  I didn’t believe her. I figured some sort of sleep apnea.  One night not long ago we were sitting in our front room. House is a split level.  We both heard what sounded like someone walking upstairs in the hallway.  Our floors have a very distinctive squeak when you walk and can tell where someone is
View Quote
My grandparents on my dad's side lived in a trailer that they bought new. Grandpa was taking his daily after lunch nap while grandma sat in the living room drinking coffee. She said that two men dressed as turn of the century walked through the kitchen wall carrying a child's coffin. They were followed by a woman wearing a black dress from the same time period. They walked right past her, through the kitchen and living room and through the wall.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sounds residual. I wonder what was there (on that land) before the trailer?
View Quote
I know some of the history.

The land (about 30 acres) was purchased by my parents in 1974. We lived in the farmhouse which was built in the teens or 20s (it was haunted as fuck too) Before 1974, the house was rented out for about a decade or so. Before that the owner died in the house. I found a few county records online about land disputes between heirs in the 20s.

Dad gave his parents about an acre, where they set up their trailer. A few yards behind them was an old railroad bed, but I later found out it wasn't a passenger line. A coal company put it in as a loading spur, then took it out when they left.

Several hundred yards past their trailer was an old sawmill site, but no signs of a home or anything.

There was a spot of ground in their yard where the ground was a lot darker than the rest of the dirt. Grandpa thought it was a grave so he kept his john boat over it. Up the hill past the property was an old graveyard. It was on bank owned land. I went up there as a teenager and looked around. Most graves were just rocks sticking up, but some real headstones that dated from 1890s to 1920s.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I know some of the history.

Dad gave his parents about an acre, where they set up their trailer.
Up the hill past the property was an old graveyard.
View Quote
Wow.  Sounded like the trailer was placed in the path of the funeral procession leading to the graveyard.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Could the ghost be the cause of a few years of on going bad luck??

Can u summon a past relative or pet.

Has a ghost told her something that no one else could know?

Take her to oak island to see if she can provide some answers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Could the ghost be the cause of a few years of on going bad luck??

Can u summon a past relative or pet.

Has a ghost told her something that no one else could know?

Take her to oak island to see if she can provide some answers.
View Quote
I haven't heard of "bad luck" spirits. I'll ask later.

You can (but shouldn't) summon people. Not sure about animals.

Yes, they have passed on (see what I did there?) stuff that she would otherwise have no way of knowing. They usually don't. They're super fixated on their own problems and aren't down to share unless it helps them.

Never heard of oak island. I presume it's a famous haunt?
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 3:17:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Wow.  Sounded like the trailer was placed in the path of the funeral procession leading to the graveyard.  
View Quote
Possibly.

I'm guessing she saw a residual haunting since they seemed to ignore her.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

They're super fixated on their own problems and aren't down to share unless it helps them.
View Quote
So, ghosts are suffering from depression, then...
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 3:57:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So, ghosts are suffering from depression, then...
View Quote
I think it's the ones that cant or are unwilling to make the final crossover.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:07:56 PM EDT
[#35]
When on road trips, does your wife see people on the side of the road from car crashes? Just standing there or anything like that?

I say take her to The colosseum, Aushwitz, the twin towers

But at the same time that may be overwhelming for her?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Why would ghosts wear clothes? Where do they get them?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
The theory is that they appear as they last remember themselves. What I saw was something white that appeared just inside a door off to my right as I went up stairs. I have never seen a full  apparition.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The theory is that they appear as they last remember themselves. What I saw was something white that appeared just inside a door off to my right as I went up stairs. I have never seen a full  apparition.
View Quote
If the ghost appears as they last remember themselves and only 1 of 10 people can see that ghost then the ghost must actually exist or else the 1 person seeing the ghost must be a mind reader.

If the ghost is truly there why does 1 person see but the other 9 not see?

Is the ghost in a different dimension?
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If the ghost appears as they last remember themselves and only 1 of 10 people can see that ghost then the ghost must actually exist or else the 1 person seeing the ghost must be a mind reader.

If the ghost is truly there why does 1 person see but the other 9 not see?

Is the ghost in a different dimension?
View Quote
@JThompson
One could say that it might be a different dimension, then the question becomes,'How come only some people can see ghosts"? There is still the notion that some people have more innate 'psychic' ability than others. The idea that people can be trained in psychic ability is not new, but is limited to not include ghosts in some circles. I seem to have a small ability toward precognitive dreams, a very small amount of what Jose Silva and J.B. Rhine called 'the guessing factor'. I had a 'vision' once warning me of a friends auto accident. I'd like to improve my abilities but have not kept up my practice enough lately. The first experience at age 10 scared me a lot, see page 3 of this section,"10 Years Old and New House".
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@JThompson
One could say that it might be a different dimension, then the question becomes,'How come only some people can see ghosts"? There is still the notion that some people have more innate 'psychic' ability than others. The idea that people can be trained in psychic ability is not new, but is limited to not include ghosts in some circles. I seem to have a small ability toward precognitive dreams, a very small amount of what Jose Silva and J.B. Rhine called 'the guessing factor'. I had a 'vision' once warning me of a friends auto accident. I'd like to improve my abilities but have not kept up my practice enough lately. The first experience at age 10 scared me a lot, see page 3 of this section,"10 Years Old and New House".
View Quote
If a different dimension, why only see the ghost(s) and not surroundings.
Is it that the person can see the ghosts or is it the ghost allowing people to see them?

How does one practice to have precognitive dreams?
Take the car accident example.
If you had a precognitive dream, how do you know whether to mention it to that person.
Maybe the dream wants you to warn the person so they change something to ensure they do get into an accident instead of you warning someone to avoid the accident.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Good questions! Answers in red

If a different dimension, why only see the ghost(s) and not surroundings.
Depends on how you think of different dimensions, but probably some sort of quantum mechanical connection. Different dimension, same location.
Is it that the person can see the ghosts or is it the ghost allowing people to see them?
I have heard of both, supposedly you can tell them to bugger off.
How does one practice to have precognitive dreams?
I'd consider any good meditation program and follow up on practice long term, I am a "Silva Method" person, I worked for an engineer who had taken the course back in the 70's, and I am still kicking myself because I didn't get in on it. He got into my mind one night to see if I was a "company guy".
Take the car accident example.
The car accident was what I'd call a vision, I had literally had just settled into bed with my back up against the head board getting ready to read and as I relaxed this friend's picture, not unlike a school pic, popped into my mind's eye and his voice said,"I'm in a car wreck". While the sentence was in an immediate tone, the wreck didn't occur until some weeks later. According to some people, there no "time frame reference" in this area of mind.
If you had a precognitive dream, how do you know whether to mention it to that person.
I did warn the guy and he laughed about it, and called me some sort of a nut case and said I'd really gone off the deep end or something. He was relatively unhurt, just shaken up a bit. He fell asleep on the way home one afternoon, on the highway, crossed the center line, went off the road and hit a tree almost head on. Totaled the car though.
Maybe the dream wants you to warn the person so they change something to ensure they do get into an accident instead of you warning someone to avoid the accident. I'd always tend toward "the good" in any situation, so I'd warn them. In other words I am not going to second guess what Jose SIlva calls "Higher Intelligence". HTH
View Quote
Fun answering the questions, I'm not any kind of a guru, just well read. Like I said above, I need to get back into the course work, in my case it's a down loaded audio/ with some visual presentations set of lessons and meditation exercises. "The Silva Ultra Mind ESP System" Jose Silva Courses
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
When on road trips, does your wife see people on the side of the road from car crashes? Just standing there or anything like that?

I say take her to The colosseum, Aushwitz, the twin towers

But at the same time that may be overwhelming for her?
View Quote
There's dead people literally everywhere. Some do stick around where they died, others wander off and find something to do, some of them hang around their grave (sad, angered, confused) Hospitals have lots of them.

She no longer willingly goes where there's a high concentration of them. Too loud.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty much.

How they see themselves, or when they were happiest. Some died elderly, but appear 3 or 4 decades younger.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#44]
@hoboninja

You should have your wife do an AMA.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
@hoboninja

You should have your wife do an AMA.
View Quote
Have. She won't.

I'm lucky she ok'd this thread.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Have. She won't.

I'm lucky she ok'd this thread.
View Quote
@hoboninja
Thank your wife for us, I've gotten enough weird enough responses for what very little I can talk about, let alone for somebody with her talent.
Best,
Rob
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Tagged
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 3:49:05 AM EDT
[#48]
I have a 9 month old. One day he's going to see a ghost. Is the recommendation I encourage it or suppress it like everyone else?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have a 9 month old. One day he's going to see a ghost. Is the recommendation I encourage it or suppress it like everyone else?
View Quote
That depends.

Do you see them?
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 4:02:15 PM EDT
[#50]
I have never seen anything I would consider a ghost but I have “felt” things at a few scenes. I was a death investigator, homicide detective, etc. Joe Friday, just the facts type, agnostic in terms of religion and not prone to believe anything without evidence.

Having seen death by natural cause, accident, suicide, murder and combinations thereof I was pretty numb to it but there were occasions when the, for lack of a better term, horror or evil was palpable in the air.

After a particularly brutal murder/suicide I had some of the victim’s personal effects in my office.
iPhone, iPad, wallet, journal, things I was going to look through. It was a holiday weekend and if I dropped them in property room I would not have access until Tuesday.

I came in the next day and things had been moved around on my bookcases things like framed patches, business card holder, etc. Thought that was weird so I checked air vents and other possible causes with no explanation.
This happened three times over the weekend and honestly started to creep me out. All my coworkers lived to far away to drive in just to mess with me.

My partner was deeply religious (I retired in 2018) and had been at the scene with me, she acted strange and said she felt something in the office.
She and her pastor did something in my office and declared it clean. It was very strange. Never happened again.

All the ghosts are in my head now but I don’t think about them unless prompted.

So, that’s my spooky story.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top