Page / 15
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any electronics in that hall?
thermostat for example?
View Quote
The flash of light is not unheard of in some hauntings.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:18:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The 3rd video reminds me of a headlight from a moving car shining through a window, but it's too concentrated for that.

For some reason tonight, talk between wife and myself turned to ghosts. She says there's a child ghost at the daycare she works in. It's a former elementary school (I and my kids went there before it closed and was leased out to the daycare).

The was this room where she turned off a radio for the night, and the next morning it was on.
Things have been moved, co-workers talk about the ghost. They all agree it as a child. This school did first through fifth grade.

I told my wife about this thread, and hope to get her to read it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 11:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Please delete.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#4]
My wife sees them too. Certain people seem to have that ability.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The flash of light is not unheard of in some hauntings.
View Quote
Im aware of that as i used to ghost hunt.

However...i prefer to debunk things 1st before claiming paranormal activity.
Old tstats when activated will flash...it's even more pronounced in dark and by IR/NV cams.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#6]
@protus
No problem, lets keep the discussion going.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@protus
No problem, lets keep the discussion going.
View Quote
Rgr. Didnt take it wrong, just explaining why i asked.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Im aware of that as i used to ghost hunt.

However...i prefer to debunk things 1st before claiming paranormal activity.
Old tstats when activated will flash...it's even more pronounced in dark and by IR/NV cams.
View Quote
The heat is turned off, and the AC is by window air conditioners that are also turned off.

I'll check the thermostats next time I'm out there.  Thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Just an FYI...
I haven't noticed anything in weeks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 12:21:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Bible is clear that you go straight to heaven. It's irrelevant what happens to your body because you won't be there to see it happen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With what your wife knows and feels will she choose to be buried or cremated?  I wonder this as well and the bible is not very clear but seems to suggest burial.  If ghosts congregate by their graves then a cremation without a grave (ashes spread) may cause a problem.  Also if we are cremated there is no body left to rise again when Jesus returns and we are all judged.  Wish we all had an instruction booklet come with us at birth lol.

Thanks
The Bible is clear that you go straight to heaven. It's irrelevant what happens to your body because you won't be there to see it happen.
You sleep until the day of judgement, no one is in Heaven.  If God can create man from dust, Im sure ashes aren't going to be an issue.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 12:04:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just an FYI...
View Quote
Yep, he's on to you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 2:37:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yep, he's on to you.
View Quote
So, has he fulfilled his purpose, and moved on?  Or is he still there, but "hanging low" for a while?  Why would he care if someone can see him, if that's unrelated to "his purpose"?

Not things I actually expect you to know, just questions that popped up when I read your response.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I've always wondered if the laws of physics have an effect on them. Gravity for example. Can they float? Can they go to another planet? Do they sink into the ground or can what ever is a solid for us  also be a solid for them? Can they breath under water? So maybe the dead guy was a diver and wants to go see a fish? So many questions.

I'm sure there are no answers but still. When I kick the bucket, I want to swim with great whites, travel through space and do all the crap I can't do now, I want an upgrade.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 4:36:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yep, he's on to you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just an FYI...
Yep, he's on to you.
He/it is leaving me alone, I'm fine with that.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I have also seen shadows which the wife confirmed what it was as she also has the ability to see things, on a trip to Hickam Afb. she saw people dressed in the old khaki uniforms of the day walking in the barracks (now billeting) we where in. The hangars and former barracks with the still visible bullet holes are kinda creepy at night.

She touched the boots and hat I wore on many deployments and she had almost like an electric shock because she could see and feel where I was at and what I experienced. One deployment was a base in Kuwait we had strafed and bombed during the first war and when I was there you could see the destruction and bomb fragments there and it was obvious lots of people got wasted there. The hat I wore in Iraq was when where getting attacked all the time so your nerves where somewhat amped up all the time.

I used to go to cemeteries just to read the dates and so on and I picked up an older woman either from there or from my many trips to the desert as she said she looked like a gypsy. The lady eventually stopped hanging around me and now I kind of stay out of cemeteries.

She also tells me sometimes not to take a certain road and I listen to her, her mom also has the same abilities.

The wife told me her uncle would take her to the dog track when she was little and she would tell him which horse was going to win.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I

The wife told me her uncle would take her to the dog track when she was little and she would tell him which horse was going to win.
View Quote
Amazing...
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 2:12:00 AM EDT
[#17]
This has been a very interesting read so far.  I just checked my entire house, and I have no triangle spaces between furniture and walls.  I have a welcome mat, but it doesn't say anything.  While there are some deceased relatives that I would like to talk to one last time, I'd prefer to do it on my own terms.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#18]
This might have been answered already, but I wanted more explanation on it, and that is what are shadow people?

Long story short, before I was deployed to Iraq, my Marine friend told me the devil lives in the middle East.  I had no clue what he meant, but I guess he had some encounters himself their too. I think it mostly has to do with Muslims are under demonic bondage, so as Christian's, we're more susceptible to attacks.

Anyway, when I finally deployed there I was garrisoned on an Iraqi airfield in Kirkut. The building we were in was surrounded be hesco barriers, basically concrete jersey walls 8 feet high to protect it from attacks, spaced about 3 feet away from the building like an allyway between the two.

We had a door on our building that lead into an inner courtyard which held our chow tent maybe 20 feet from the door.  Before bed, I went to the chow tent to grab a drink before bed.  When I left the tent, I saw a large man sized dark figure move out from behind one hesco barrier, walk passed the door back into our building, and move behind the other hesco barrier where there was a gab between the two to allow access to the door into our building.

At the time, I honest to God thought that we had a breach into our security and someone was in the courtyard walking behind the barriers.  I drew my service pistol from my holster and pie cut around the barrier expecting to shoot an infiltrator, but when I came around the corner, I saw 100 feet of empty space between the side of our building and the wall of concrete.  It was then I knew I saw something paranormal.

I reported it to our CQ desk inside, they laughed at me, because this was my first week there, and apparently guys have been seeing / hearing this stuff for months now prior.

So what are shadow people? Was my friend correct, they're of the demonic?  Would it make sense that there are regions of our world that have a higher than normal density of the demonic?  Please ask your wife what is also the goal of the demonic and what does she do with them?

If she can go into any sort of demonology, that would be great.  I read the Warren's book the demonologist, so I'd like to know her opions on their tales.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Long story short, before I was deployed to Iraq, my Marine friend told me the devil lives in the middle East.  
View Quote
Someone was paying attention to the opening scene of The Exorcist.
Link Posted: 9/19/2019 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This might have been answered already, but I wanted more explanation on it, and that is what are shadow people?

Long story short, before I was deployed to Iraq, my Marine friend told me the devil lives in the middle East. ?
Snip...

If she can go into any sort of demonology, that would be great.  I read the Warren's book the demonologist, so I'd like to know her opions on their tales.
View Quote
With my shadow person incounter...it was not a welcome feeling i was dealing with.
To kinda describe it.
Imagine standing in a field  and youve got that im being watched vibe, meanwhile having the sensation your standing on a mass grave , like if you even toe kicked the dirt a finger would show up.
It was kinda fucky. Plus what we( 2 of us saw) acted like your encounter. Moving away trying to hide .
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 4:47:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Long story short, before I was deployed to Iraq, my Marine friend told me the devil lives in the middle East.  I had no clue what he meant, but I guess he had some encounters himself their too. I think it mostly has to do with Muslims are under demonic bondage, so as Christian's, we're more susceptible to attacks.

Anyway, when I finally deployed there I was garrisoned on an Iraqi airfield in Kirkut. The building we were in was surrounded be hesco barriers, basically concrete jersey walls 8 feet high to protect it from attacks, spaced about 3 feet away from the building like an allyway between the two.

We had a door on our building that lead into an inner courtyard which held our chow tent maybe 20 feet from the door.  Before bed, I went to the chow tent to grab a drink before bed.  When I left the tent, I saw a large man sized dark figure move out from behind one hesco barrier, walk passed the door back into our building, and move behind the other hesco barrier where there was a gab between the two to allow access to the door into our building.

At the time, I honest to God thought that we had a breach into our security and someone was in the courtyard walking behind the barriers.  I drew my service pistol from my holster and pie cut around the barrier expecting to shoot an infiltrator, but when I came around the corner, I saw 100 feet of empty space between the side of our building and the wall of concrete.  It was then I knew I saw something paranormal.

I reported it to our CQ desk inside, they laughed at me, because this was my first week there, and apparently guys have been seeing / hearing this stuff for months now prior.

So what are shadow people? Was my friend correct, they're of the demonic?  Would it make sense that there are regions of our world that have a higher than normal density of the demonic?  Please ask your wife what is also the goal of the demonic and what does she do with them?

View Quote
Like this?
Disturbing Creature Filmed In The Woods
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote
Looks like a cat...
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Anymore updates?
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 1:05:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anymore updates?
View Quote
None from me.  It's gone.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 8:53:16 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote
Sort of. The shadow person I saw was doing the full Bigfoot walk past me, never even looked at me.  But yes, dark outline of a figure.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:19:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
@hoboninja

I have a question:

Our old house is and always was (since we moved in some 10 years ago) very active.

We have built a new house on the property, and at some point the old house has to go.

We have EVPs that show they acknowledge we are here.

How do we get them to convey to us why they are here, what they need, and to tell them that the house will be leaving (hoping to donate it as its a historical house).
View Quote
If they are nearby, they will hear you talking. Just tell em what you want them to know. Unless you or someone you know can hear them, then you likely won't know what they want/need.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Why, and for how long have you fed her mercury?

Pleased with the results?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No way to try to push them to communicate through EVPs or anything?

ETA: Your wife could make bank traveling around to be a moderator.
View Quote
I dont know how EVP works, but I can ask her.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Has she sensed the invisible flashes of light and breathed in the cold air when it is warm out?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Please do
View Quote
She says the EVP might help you hear them, but there is no way to compel them. They either want to talk or they dont. Also, keep an open mind. People tend to go in with a certain expectation and hear (or dont) what they want to hear.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I read this whole thread last night and told the wife about it.  I figured i would get a smart ass response, but instead we were talking ghosts, and more specifically, children seeing them.  She then told me her friend was filming her 2 yo (approx) daughter dancing, and caught an orb on the recording that only the child saw at the time.  She showed me the video, which was pretty crazy after reading this thread.  The daughter is dancing, then you see her pause to follow what looks like a spec of dust float by.  Her mother is unaware and says dance, to get her dancing again.  Then the kid points and says, look mommy!
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 12:00:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Very interesting thread that reminded me of something years ago. Can your wife also see auras?

About 20 years ago, there were a few school friends that kept talking about seeing people’s auras and by the colors, textures that emanated from their bodies, they claimed to know if people were nice, had bad intentions, were on drugs, etc.

Additionally, my father had at least 2 experiences with the "shadows". He told me how a few of them came during his sleep. He opened his eyes to see these shadowy figures holding down his arms and one covered his face so that he couldn’t breathe. He started praying and as soon the hand lifted off his face, he let out an angry "be gone" type response. From that day on, he never missed his bedtime prayer again.

This happened years ago and my father was one of the nicest people one could meet with an altruistic heart. When he told me of his experience, I wondered, "why him?". He firmly believed it was because he was skipping his nightly prayers at the time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Mom turns 85 tomorrow, in poor health.  Basically bed ridden.  She's currently in assisted living, but I am moving her to a full care nursing facility next month.  This past Sunday she slid out of her bed, landed with her knee bent behind her leg.  This is the knee she had replaced 25 years ago and never completed the rehab. (Bear with me, this is not turning into the "My Mom was a truck driver" story)  Anyhow, extreme pain, has peripheral nephropathy. Legs are about 85% numb and cannot feel how to move them.
Anyhoo, went down, hollered out in pain as staff watched so they sent her to the ER.  This was about 11am.  She's a night owl, always has been.  By this time she is very tired and ready for sleep. Probably why she didn't have any strength.

So I get to the hospital ER, she's out in the hallway in a gurney/bed wide awake.  Dr's move her to another area, and she kind of settles in and falls asleep because this is the time of day she usually sleeps.  She starts mumbling weird shit that makes no sense, I ignore it after trying to have a conversation and finally realized she was asleep.  After a short nap, her eyes went wide ass open and she was startled and talking to someone like they were standing over her.  I nudged her awake and that's when she told me that lately she is seeing people standing over her and talking to her as she wakes up.  Not just at the hospital, but in her apartment too.

I've always heard that when folks are closer to death they start getting visitors. So I asked her if she recognized anyone talking to her. Nope. But one is a clown.

So I'm not sure if Mom is just dreaming with her eyes open blending her vision with dreams or if there really is any truth to getting visits from beyond the grave.  But she did appear to be still asleep with her eyes wide open Sunday afternoon.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#38]
@ScottsGT
Sorry to hear about your Mom, I had a Grandmother with some sort of early onset dementia complete with hallucinations. While she lived with us she saw other people in and around the house both during the day and at night. When Dad finally moved her to institutional care she lasted over 10 years, so it's hard to say what she was seeing. I was just a kid then so I don't remember much more.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 8:35:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Why, and for how long have you fed her mercury?

Pleased with the results?
View Quote
Someone didn't read the rules....
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Do the deceased interact with each other or are they oblivious to other deceased?
View Quote
You need to look into all the gadgets investigators use. I know with your skills you can build them.
Cost on some of the stuff is crazy.. aka rem.pods. or the oculus box things that scan white noise frequencies.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Problem is knowing how stuff works, a lot of it I don't buy, and I know how easy it is to manipulate electronics.

I could build/sell a "ghost voice detector" that "scanned white noise" and randomly spit out a word here and there. Nobody would ever know. It would be hailed as the "best ghost detector" available, none the wiser.
View Quote
Rgr.
Only kit i use(d) .
K2 meter,gauss meter, emf meter. IR thermometer, hygrometer/tstat, digital recorder, and cameras.
Never messed with the boxes. But like what little ive seen on TV.....but..that's TV...we know how that works lol.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Do the deceased interact with each other or are they oblivious to other deceased?
View Quote
Yes and yes.

They can interact, but usually dont.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
We use a Tri-Field, K2, audio recorders, trail cams, and whatever we caught on the CCTV . Don't have a thermal yet.

I made a vibration detector (for footsteps, works well), stray voltage detector, and there was something else, can't remember what else the Mrs had me make. She wants me to make a stray voltage producer  now, and also something else, I forget what, but I think its a combination of a lot of things with an SD card to log everything. That one may get fun...

Have never caught ANYTHING on the Tri-Field or K2 other than cell phones that blip a STRONG RF every now and again (don't put cell phones up to your head ).

Once we clear out the old house, we plan on doing some heavy ghost hunting .
View Quote
Hmmmmm....
Those would sell...depending on sensitivity, range,alert etc. Especially in the big igloo homestead realms.

Ive had small blips on the k2 ..but nothing crazy. I liked the digital emf meter better.
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#46]
What about smells?  Can you smell the horse that hangs around?  Do any of the deceased ever have a distinct odor, good or otherwise?
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Could be lost souls from purgatory. Have your wife pray for them to help reduce their time and suffering. If they are demons in disguise they will flee from prayer so it is a win-win.

Good site for your wife to check out:

http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2012/04/amazing-stories-from-purgatory-and.html
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What about smells?  Can you smell the horse that hangs around?  Do any of the deceased ever have a distinct odor, good or otherwise?
View Quote
No, but I cant see or hear anything either unless it's really, really obvious.

I have heard people say that they can smell dear old dead so-and-so. Maybe they can, I dont know. I'll ask the wife what she knows about it.

ETA @HK94dude

She said that certain people may have had a distinctive odor associated with them in life that "could" carry over into death. Smells are tied to something about them. Grandpa always smelled of pipe tobacco, maybe you smell it when he's nearby, etc. Not grandma smoked a pipe once every 5 years and you smell it. It has to be something pertaining to their habits, everyday lives, jobs, etc.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 7:07:40 PM EDT
[#49]
What is the oldest dead person she has seen?  Is it always people dressed in 19th/20th century clothing or are there older ones, like colonial era or earlier?  Id be taking her on a trip to Paris or Rome.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 10:24:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Halloween reminded me of something.

You mentioned your wife saying that it's possible to inadvertently draw undesirable things with Welcome mats, triangular spaces in corners etc.

Does she have any opinions on creepy stories after dark? When I was a kid, I remember my aunt warning us that telling each other ghost/horror/creepy stories at night could draw undesirable things. Her claim was that it can potentially put your mind in a particular state that can unintentionally draw them.

Of course, I asked my parents about it, and my dad  laughed and said she was just saying that to scare us (and maybe to dissuade us from telling ghost stories to each other late at night, that might keep us awake). My mom had a, "More things in heaven and earth, than dreamt of in your philosophy" mentality, and said, "If you can't be sure, err on the side of safety".
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top