BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is by far one of the most interesting threads I've read here in a long time.

Thanks for sharing OP.

Keep the information/stories/questions coming. Very informative.
View Quote
Yup.  Love these kind of threads.  Thanks to all for posting.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#2]
@GSPatton
That's a neat old building, I looked at the video again but didn't see anything. I think my earlier experience scared me enough I shut down that ability, if I ever had it. A question, does your video camera, phone, whatever have an infrared setting. I've heard of pics taken with very sensitive 35 mm film that showed outlines or figures. I'm thinking the infrared setting might yield something.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#3]
With what your wife knows and feels will she choose to be buried or cremated?  I wonder this as well and the bible is not very clear but seems to suggest burial.  If ghosts congregate by their graves then a cremation without a grave (ashes spread) may cause a problem.  Also if we are cremated there is no body left to rise again when Jesus returns and we are all judged.  Wish we all had an instruction booklet come with us at birth lol.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
With what your wife knows and feels will she choose to be buried or cremated?  I wonder this as well and the bible is not very clear but seems to suggest burial.  If ghosts congregate by their graves then a cremation without a grave (ashes spread) may cause a problem.  Also if we are cremated there is no body left to rise again when Jesus returns and we are all judged.  Wish we all had an instruction booklet come with us at birth lol.

Thanks
View Quote
The Bible is clear that you go straight to heaven. It's irrelevant what happens to your body because you won't be there to see it happen.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The Bible is clear that you go straight to heaven. It's irrelevant what happens to your body because you won't be there to see it happen.
View Quote
I hope it don't matter, if we go straight to heaven what is the OP's wife seeing?  The non-believers, the ones who won't be saved?
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I hope it don't matter, if we go straight to heaven what is the OP's wife seeing?  The non-believers, the ones who won't be saved?
View Quote
Even non believers, according to the Bible, go directly to hell and cannot bother the living. The dead who wander the earth, again according to the Bible, are the Rephaim. In other words, demons. As for why they appear to be human, they basically are, or were, human when they were alive. Hypothetically, there could even be Rephaim who died as children, which could easily explain why there are the ghosts of children. Another explanation is that what people are seeing isn't their true form. It seems to be almost universal with mediums that they recognize that these things can shape shift and present themselves as whatever they want.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a theory. I wont go into religion here, but think about what Catholics believe.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have a theory. I wont go into religion here, but think about what Catholics believe.
View Quote
I am leaning that way (catholic belief) as well.  Even though I wanted cremation it is better to be safe then sorry after all I will be dead, I probably wont care.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 6:13:20 PM EDT
[#9]
But how does "catholic belief" work for animals?
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
The God who created us created animals.  We love God because of the "felix culpa," and God was thus rewarded with our ability to love him out of our own free will.  Animals don't have that.  As His creation, however, they are as blessed as Adam and Eve would have been before the Fall.

God loves all his creation.  Only Man has the option of "opting out."
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The God who created us created animals.  We love God because of the "felix culpa," and God was thus rewarded with our ability to love him out of our own free will.  Animals don't have that.  As His creation, however, they are as blessed as Adam and Eve would have been before the Fall.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good answer. I was alluding to purgatory, though. Although I think somehow that its self induced on our part. For instance, we have unfinished business or just dont think we deserve to move on, etc.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I should have said purgatory. Was trying to stay in line with the lingo being used.

Yes, I understand how the catholic belief system works regarding human souls vs animals that don't have it (although I'm not sure I align to animals don't have souls).

But, if we follow the thinking, then why does OP's wife see ghost animals? Either the animals don't have souls logic is wrong or the ghost animals could be demonic entities (as proposed earlier in the thread).
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@GSPatton
That's a neat old building, I looked at the video again but didn't see anything. I think my earlier experience scared me enough I shut down that ability, if I ever had it. A question, does your video camera, phone, whatever have an infrared setting. I've heard of pics taken with very sensitive 35 mm film that showed outlines or figures. I'm thinking the infrared setting might yield something.
View Quote
I don't think so, it's an iPhone.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:12:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry, I should have said purgatory. Was trying to stay in line with the lingo being used.

Yes, I understand how the catholic belief system works regarding human souls vs animals that don't have it (although I'm not sure I align to animals don't have souls).

But, if we follow the thinking, then why does OP's wife see ghost animals? Either the animals don't have souls logic is wrong or the ghost animals could be demonic entities (as proposed earlier in the thread).
View Quote
IIRC, Catholic catechism says animals have souls, just not immortal souls like humans.  Too lazy to look up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I think animals have a collective soul while humans have individual souls with free will to love or reject God.  Thus, we can sin while animals cannot.  I also think that we can endow particular animals, dogs, cats, horses, with "a spark" of humanity or maybe divinity through their association with us.  And I think that it is that spark that lingers with us after they are gone, thinking that they, too, have a job to finish.

So, I don't think that animal ghosts are any less real than human ghosts but, perhaps, they are less enduring and purposeful.

I've had experience with both and they seemed equally real...or unreal...or whatever!
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 2:17:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@hoboninja

Thanks for keeping this thread going. It’s very interesting. Please thank Mrs. Ninja too.

I have another question for her. Has she ever been physically present when someone has died? If so, what did she experience?
View Quote
I don't have any special ability, but I have been present for many deaths. Worked hundreds of codes. Regardless of what the monitors say, it's in the eyes. You can tell when someone is still there and when they aren't. Even if they still have a organized rhythm or pulse. When the eyes go out, it's just wasted energy trying to keep them alive at that point. They never come back. Once they get that ever so slight dusky tone, they are gone for good.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 2:21:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EkKob02NNsIt just happened again.  I have video sort of.

I will include timestamps.
Give me a min.

2:36 AM is the top video. Then the bottom 11 min later.

2:47AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3FrpqEDT8Y

Who turned the lights out again?!?!?
View Quote
1:49 on the first video. A figure goes from left to right in front of the white light and blocks it out in the back room. Is this a ground level area?
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
1:49 on the first video. A figure goes from left to right in front of the white light and blocks it out in the back room. Is this a ground level area?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EkKob02NNsIt just happened again.  I have video sort of.

Give me a min.

@Tyrendeth

I'm not seeing it.
I used the , and . keys to advance frame to frame.  Don't see it.
Can you MSPaint what you see.

Yes it is ground level.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@Tyrendeth

I'm not seeing it.

Yes it is ground level.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give me a min.

@Tyrendeth

I'm not seeing it.

Yes it is ground level.
Set the speed to 1/4th on the video, from 1:45 to 1:49 the camera is focused on the white light in the back through the doorway. you can see the outline of a black figure, head and shoulders move from left to right at a downward angle blocking out the light.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 4:46:56 PM EDT
[#20]
@GSPatton

Screen shots of a play by play of it blocking out the light

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 5:02:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

My photo editing skills are shit. However you can see this figure in the video and the screen shots peek its head out from behind the doorway and look at you.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I thought it may have been outside the window in between the light and the building, but after getting a closer look and adjusting the contrast, it is indeed in the building peering out from behind the wall. I can't tell where it went because you moved the camera to the right for roughly 2 seconds as you walked into the room, but when you went back to the area it was gone.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#24]
The figure was in the red circle, blocking out that white light from the window in that back room as it shown through the doorway. At this point in time you had moved forward and the angle of that light came through the window in that room.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I've probably watched it like 30 times now at .25 speed after doing the photo editing. It's fast, and it's fucking creepy. As soon as you open the door and pause, whatever it is pops around the corner of the door and looks at you. Then as you walk in and move the camera it disappears back behind the wall.

Start at 1:42 at 1/4 speed and watch the left side of the doorway in the back just below the yellow light. You can see it pop around just before you walk in and move the camera to the right.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#26]
You rock.
I'll make a video tonight of me just slowly walking.  I'll try to keep the camera steady instead of whipping it around corners.
That light as stopped going out, it has been glowing steadily since Wednesday early AM.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 1:40:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Good (and by good I mean shit your pants scary) older movie based on your theory. In this case a child not finding peace in the afterlife until his murderer is brought to justice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQIzP5f1IpA?
View Quote
Watched that movie on VHS for the first time while in the college dorms during Thanksgiving break.

The floor was a ghost town. EVERYONE else had left for the weekend over Thanksgiving.

The rooms were arranged so that 2 rooms shared a bathroom in the center, with a door from each room that accessed that bathroom. The 2 people in the other room had left for the long weekend.

We had all the lights off for 'atmosphere' while watching the movie. In the middle of the movie, I said, "Hey, didn't you say the people in the other room left? Cuz I swear I heard a noise next door". The reply I got was, "Are you fucking with me? Stop fucking with me", so I didn't say anything else.

About 10 minutes later, we hear the handle to the shared bathroom door turn very slowly. At this point we're both staring at the bathroom door as it sloooowly creaks open. We can see that the bathroom is pitch black, as this door slowly swings open and we're both thinking, "WTF!?".

Then the nextdoor roommate pops their head in the room and goes, "What'chall doin?".
- "FUCK! Why the heck was the bathroom light off and why'd you open the door so slowly?"
- "Oh, wasn't sure if y'all were asleep or... somethin, and didn't wanna 'disturb' ya".

Yeah, that definitely made that movie a LOT more memorable.

The Lovely Bones is another with a similar theme, though not horror.
Link Posted: 8/26/2019 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#28]
I fell asleep and didn't film last night.
I did find the PDF of the "Silva Method" that someone referenced earlier.  It is an interesting read.

https://www.silvamethod.com/wp-content/uploads/science-discovers-the-silva-method.pdf
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 4:58:55 AM EDT
[#29]
I just recorded a video.  I went slow and tried to keep the camera steady.

Pic of extensive new wiring.  Looks great to me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2019 4:23:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Someone asked (I'm sorry, I dont remember who and I'm too lazy to go back and reread) asked about the accuracy of ghosts in movies. Well, I asked the wife, and she said everything she had seen has gotten it wrong. Until now.

She has this habit of buying used DVDs at the flea market. Whenever she finds something for $1-2 she gets it. We have a couple thousand of them now (DVDs and shoes are the reasons she doesn't bitch about my firearms purchases) Anyway we watched one last night called Stir Of Echos from 1999. The movie stars Kevin Bacon and some other people I vaguely recognize from other movies.

Spoilers ahead.

Basically, Kevin's character and family move into a home where a girl was murdered and her body hidden in the basement. Their young son has been seeing and hearing her ghost. Kevin Bacon let's his free spirit hippy SIL hypnotize him, and afterward he begins having dreams and hallucinations about the girl's murder. That part isn't realistic, but when the ghost girl is shown on screen finally, she looks like a real person (how my wife sees them) At the end, they solve the mystery, blah, blah, and then they move out of the house. As their car drives through the neighborhood the little boy hears several voices talking and whispering as they pass house after house. That last part is what its like for my wife. Endless talking that most people will never hear.
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
, but when the ghost girl is shown on screen finally, she looks like a real person (how my wife sees them) At the end, they solve the mystery, blah, blah, and then they move out of the house. As their car drives through the neighborhood the little boy hears several voices talking and whispering as they pass house after house. That last part is what its like for my wife. Endless talking that most people will never hear.
View Quote
Don't recall if you mentioned this, but since they look like a real person to her, does she always know 100% that what she's seeing is definitely a ghost or an actual person? Or is there a potential for mistaking one for the other?
Link Posted: 8/29/2019 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Don't recall if you mentioned this, but since they look like a real person to her, does she always know 100% that what she's seeing is definitely a ghost or an actual person? Or is there a potential for mistaking one for the other?
View Quote
She says they look like a real person, but they have a faint gray outline. I suppose in the dark it would be harder to tell, I haven't asked.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Just for grins, I looked up restoration pictures of this place, it's pretty impressive.

Also, no sightings, lights or anything for a while now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 1:20:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just for grins, I looked up restoration pictures of this place, it's pretty impressive.

https://i.imgur.com/a1w9rXP.jpg
View Quote
@GSPatton
That's a neat old building, any idea about how old it is and if there is any significant history?
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@GSPatton
That's a neat old building, any idea about how old it is and if there is any significant history?
View Quote
1889.  But the capstone on the big door says 1890.  I know the Chief of Police (Who is corrupt as hell by the way, but we are friendly) He told me that it was kind of a flophouse in the late 70's and early 80's.  Small rooms, shared bathrooms and the like.  He said they got calls all the time.

The Chief took a bunch of Colt Pythons and old Colt Commercial 1911's drove them to Columbus, Ohio (which is about a two hour drive) had his FFL buddy purchase them for $100 and then sold them back for $200.  Pretty much everybody in town flipped over this theft.  He also refuses to shake hands with anyone.  I don't trust a man who doesn't shake hands.  Anyway here's a little link.

https://wtov9.com/news/local/report-alleges-hostile-work-environment-in-st-clairsville-police-department
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/a1w9rXP.jpg

Also, no sightings, lights or anything for a while now.
View Quote
You scared him away lol
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You scared him away lol
View Quote
I try to talk to him.  Saying come on out and say Hi.  I have some strange fears, like flying, Popsicle sticks, and noises behind me.  But I have absolutely no fear whatsoever from whatever this thing is.  It seems strange to me that I'm not afraid of it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I try to talk to him.  Saying come on out and say Hi.  I have some strange fears, like flying, Popsicle sticks, and noises behind me.  But I have absolutely no fear whatsoever from whatever this thing is.  It seems strange to me that I'm not afraid of it.
View Quote
Well, think about it. Have you ever watched the news or read the paper where someone was murdered by a ghost? Their interaction with our physical world is minimal. Worst case? He wont leave you alone and brings friends. Worst-worst case is he's a demon.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Well, think about it. Have you ever watched the news or read the paper where someone was murdered by a ghost? Their interaction with our physical world is minimal. Worst case? He wont leave you alone and brings friends. Worst-worst case is he's a demon.
View Quote
Lol. THAT’S comforting
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#40]
My mom passed away about two weeks ago, so I installed eight cameras to monitor her home remotely three days ago.  In three days, I've had three "anomalies" show up already on the motion-activated cameras.  House is about 200 years old.  It has a slave's quarters and slave's stairway from the kitchen to the sleeping quarters.  Lots of history there.

Day-1   Orb floats into room.  A perfect shining, semi-transparent ball.  Moves around room and leaves.

Day-2   A big flash of light in an upstairs hallway that has no windows, and all wood doors are closed.  The flash is seen through the only curtain-door that leads to her bedroom.

Day-3   A flashing orb passes through the room and leaves.

There are other things happening there, like tiny sparks flashing or flying through the air.  These are moving way to fast to be insects or dust.

So.....my question.  I need to start working in the house, preparing to sell the contents for the estate.  Is there a "code of conduct" when being in a home with these "entities"?  I want to be respectful, and I don't want any trouble to follow me home.  Any input would be great.

I can text or email the six second video clips, if someone wants to post them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
My mom passed away about two weeks ago, so I installed eight cameras to monitor her home remotely three days ago.  In three days, I've had three "anomalies" show up already on the motion-activated cameras.  House is about 200 years old.  It has a slave's quarters and slave's stairway from the kitchen to the sleeping quarters.  Lots of history there.

Day-1   Orb floats into room.  A perfect shining, semi-transparent ball.  Moves around room and leaves.

Day-2   A big flash of light in an upstairs hallway that has no windows, and all wood doors are closed.  The flash is seen through the only curtain-door that leads to her bedroom.

There are other things happening there, like tiny sparks flashing or flying through the air.  These are moving way to fast to be insects or dust.

So.....my question.  I need to start working in the house, preparing to sell the contents for the estate.  Is there a "code of conduct" when being in a home with these "entities"?  I want to be respectful, and I don't want any trouble to follow me home.  Any input would be great.

View Quote
Well post the video!
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:09:17 PM EDT
[#42]
See below.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Please Delete
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:16:37 AM EDT
[#44]
The orbs are kind of odd.  But that flash of light in the hallway is just plain freaky!
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:36:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just be respectful and clearly state your intentions. Let them know what you are doing and why. If other living people are around and you dont wanna sound crazy, you can do it privately.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 12:38:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Clip 1 and 3 could be orbs or dust. Clip 2 is just crazy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Clip 1 and 3 could be orbs or dust. Clip 2 is just crazy.
View All Quotes
At first, I was all “Pffft!  Dust mote.”  Then I saw #2 and I was all “WTF?!?”
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#48]
I can start a separate thread.  I don't want to clutter this thread up.  It's been really interesting.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I can start a separate thread.  I don't want to clutter this thread up.  It's been really interesting.
View Quote
Either way -- thanks for posting and keep us up to date if possible.  Your videos are very interesting.
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The orbs are kind of odd.  But that flash of light in the hallway is just plain freaky!
View Quote
Any electronics in that hall?
thermostat for example?
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top