Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 2:55:10 AM EDT
[#1]
It just happened again.  I have video sort of.

I will include timestamps.
Give me a min.

2:36 AM is the top video. Then the bottom 11 min later.

2:47AM

Who turned the lights out again?!?!?
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 4:07:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Just went out to check for fun....
The light is back on.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 4:13:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Guys, I know most of you think that this is a hoax.
I would too.
I'm getting divorced on Thursday and this is a little place I'm staying until then.
Nobody here is awake.
I have no access to these lights.  Day before yesterday Is the first time I noticed the lights.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 5:07:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guys, I know most of you think that this is a hoax.
I would too.
I'm getting divorced on Thursday and this is a little place I'm staying until then.
Nobody here is awake.
I have no access to these lights.  Day before yesterday Is the first time I noticed the lights.
View Quote
You’ve sparked my interest in hearing more. If nothing else, it’s entertaining.

To make sure I’m following, the quick summary would be...

-Unoccupied portion of the building (or adjacent building)
-No one on premises at these times has access to said building/room
-Lights randomly turn off and on
-But no sign of anyone being in the room during those occurrences

Do I have it straight? What’s the next step? Can you just hang out and wait to capture the on/off when it happens?

Any chance it’s maybe some funky wiring where the lights in that room can be triggered by an external switch? As an example, we have a bathroom that’s wired in a way that controls one wall’s outlets in an adjacent bedroom. First time I discovered this the fuse tripped in the bathroom and I lost power to a pedestal fan in the bedroom. Really confused the hell out of me at first.

Keep the investigative details coming!

ETA: Could it be on a timer of some sort? Since it’s vacant, perhaps the owner is doing that to make it appear as though there’s traffic in and out of the room/building. Sort of as a means to discourage folks from trying to break in. Not that it looks like there’s any reason to break in. Freaking place is empty. But, bums, criminals and weirdos don’t act/behave like rational people.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 5:20:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm telling you, I really don't know.  But something is freaky.
Scroll back in this thread, We used to see it frequently.  And once we started talking about it it stopped.  The construction guys are gone now.

There are only four people in this building now.  A nice couple, my nurse buddy downstairs who goes to sleep at 10ish, and me.
What I recorded were in the wee hours of the morning.   Nobody is up.

It went from being seen all the time to flipping lights.  Had about a 2 week break in between.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 5:53:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Scroll back in this thread, We used to see it frequently.  And once we started talking about it it stopped.  The construction guys are gone now.

There are only four people in this building now.  A nice couple, my nurse buddy downstairs who goes to sleep at 10ish, and me.

It went from being seen all the time to flipping lights.  Had about a 2 week break in between.
View Quote
It’d definitely ping on my radar as well. Could be benign. But is very odd given the variables at play. I assumed the building was larger and/or had greater occupancy.

It begs the question, why is “it” doing this? Since you’ve been the only one to notice the light thing, is “it” purposely trying to garner your attention?
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 6:01:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It'd definitely ping on my radar as well. Could be benign. But is very odd given the variables at play. I assumed the building was larger and/or had greater occupancy.

It begs the question, why is "it" doing this? Since you've been the only one to notice the light thing, is "it" purposely trying to garner your attention?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'd definitely ping on my radar as well. Could be benign. But is very odd given the variables at play. I assumed the building was larger and/or had greater occupancy.

It begs the question, why is "it" doing this? Since you've been the only one to notice the light thing, is "it" purposely trying to garner your attention?
I'm 49 years old and until a couple months ago I have never seen anything.
Scroll back a bit in this thread there are three people that saw something.
After this thread started, I asked everybody if they had seen "the ghost" (We kind of congregate on the back deck in the evenings)
Two, other than me saw something, with a third "feeling" weird.  Hairs on his neck kind of thing.
It quit for approximately two weeks or so, then started flipping that light right in front of us.  The nurse was with me when it started last night.
I'll go out now and see if it turned the light off or not.
Honestly, nobody that lives here is up at 3.
None of us has access to that abandoned room or whatever it is.

ETA: Light on.  No change.  The sun is coming up, it's beautiful.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 7:04:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Nice nurse from Texas had her bulb dim.  The light was still on.  10 min after we started talking about the dimming bulb bulb the freaking light went out in the abandoned room, right in front of us.  While we were talking on the back deck not five minutes after I recorded this.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 7:50:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you hear or see the switch being thrown?

Or, do the lights just go on and off?
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Just the back light goes on and off.  This just started.  Pretty much all of us hang out on that back deck frequently.
Nobody has seen the shadowy thing in weeks.

There is a grill out there, nice chairs, It is landscaped.  That's where we hang out in the evening.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 10:26:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Just out of curiosity I went out to check on that light.  It was on.
I lit a smoke and turned around and it was off.  I am the only person in the building.
I tried to let myself into that room via butterknife to unscrew the bulb, but the deadbolt kept me out.
Seriously, I am not joking a bit.
Freaky.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#12]
We need to get OP and his wife to investigate this.

Road trip for the @hoboninja s?
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can stay at nice Nurse's place.
She just texted me that she isn't staying here anymore.
I'm certain that her rent is paid up to the end of the month.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 10:59:35 AM EDT
[#14]
I think he’s in KY.

Might not be too far...
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I'll have her watch your videos tonight. Sometimes the camera will pick them up, sometimes not.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 12:07:30 PM EDT
[#16]
OP this is a fascinating thread!  I just discovered it and lost money reading instead of working.  Thanks dude!
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Road trip @wildboar

Im off next week.
Well do an arfcom excecircumcission or something

Patton..
I take payment of greenbriar moth man IPA...
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 1:26:27 PM EDT
[#18]
People insist they see ghosts, yet every time scientific proof is requested, it is never provided.  With that said, I really don't much care what fantasies people choose to believe in whether it is religions, ghosts, or whatever.  If those beliefs make someone happy, knock yourself out.

I have often wondered if parallel universes, worm holes, or some other phenomenon that are out there would explain these things.

It is impossible to prove a negative (something NOT existing or ever happening).  It is only possible to prove a positive (something DOES exist or happen).  The existence of ghosts has never been able to withstand scientific scrutiny.   That does not exclude anyone from choosing to believe in ghosts, the tooth fairy, leprechauns or any other type legendary fantasies.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
People insist they see ghosts, yet every time scientific proof is requested, it is never provided.  With that said, I really don't much care what fantasies people choose to believe in whether it is religions, ghosts, or whatever.  If those beliefs make someone happy, knock yourself out.

I have often wondered if parallel universes, worm holes, or some other phenomenon that are out there would explain these things.

It is impossible to prove a negative (something NOT existing or ever happening).  It is only possible to prove a positive (something DOES exist or happen).  The existence of ghosts has never been able to withstand scientific scrutiny.   That does not exclude anyone from choosing to believe in ghosts, the tooth fairy, leprechauns or any other type legendary fantasies.
View Quote
If you believe in God then you would be a hypocrite to rule out the existence of spirits.

If you don’t believe in God then you can’t explain something as fundamental as how the matter in the universe came into existence.

Either way, no one has it all figured out.

Until that changes, anything is possible.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#20]
The heart of the scientific process is verifiability and repeatability.  I graduated in 1976 with a degree in biology from Southern Utah University and spent from 1980 to 2010 managing endangered species for the Bureau of Land Management over 5 million acres in Utah.  So I spent a fair amount of my life studying and documenting either the increase or decrease in the populations of the endangered species .  Over the years some populations would disappear from an area and then reappear later.  It is the same with the big games species, one year you would see hundreds of them, the next time none.  Does that mean they don't exist? No, it just means that a proper scientific methodology has not been developed that can reliably predict where and when they will appear.

In order to prove "ghosts" are real there would have to be photos  or other methodologies  that could be utilized at the same place and the same time and the ghosts would have to be present each time to verify that they exist.  If ghosts are sentient beings, then they may chose to participate in the process or they may ignore the entire thing.  This is similiar to how monitoring of big game species is conducted, you go to an area that they may be located in, and depending on the methodology used,  such as time of day, time of year, and visual observation versus use of trap cameras and so on. You may find something or you may not.  Does that mean that the antelope don't exist in the west desert? No, it means you didn't find something that particular trip, or your methodology was not appropriate for what you were trying to prove.

But, as hobonija has pointed out, according to his wife, and mine BTW, they do not appear unless they have a specific reason for doing so or they wish to do so.

We do not understand the parameters they may operate under, much like I could never figure out how a population of small fish could disappear from an isolated desert spring and then reappear several years later.

I believe that there may some part of a person survives death of the physical body, and can interact with the existing environment. This interaction may be subject to parameters we do not understand. In order to properly study the phenomenon we have to develop the proper methodology.

To say that ghosts don't exist, therefore we should not study them or the actions we believe to be associated with them, is to turn ones back on the scientific process altogether.

(Edited for graduation date and school and spelling)
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The heart of the scientific process is verifyability and repeatability.  I graduated in 1976 with a degree in biology from Southern Utah University and spent from 1980 to 2010 managing endangered species for the Bureau of Land Management over 5 million acres in Utah.  So I spent a fair amount of my life studying and documenting either the increase or decrease in the populations of the endangered species .  Over the years some populations would disappear from an area and then reappear later.  It is the same with the big games species, one year you would see hundreds of them, the next time none.  Does that mean they don't exist? No, it just means that a proper scientific methodology has not been developed that can reliabily predict where and when they will appear.

In order to prove "ghosts" are real there would have to be photos  or other methodologies  that could be utilized at the same place and the same time and the ghosts would have to be present each time to verify that they exist.  If ghosts are scientient beings, then they may chose to participate in the process or they may ignore the entire thing.  This is similiar to how monitoring of big game species is conducted, you go to an area that they may be located in, and depending on the methodology used,  such as time of day, time of year, and visual observation versus use of trap cameras and so on. You may find something or you may not.  Does that mean that the antelope don't exist in the west desert? No, it means you didn't find something that particular trip, or your methodology was not appropriate for what you were trying to prove.

But, as hobonija has pointed out, according to his wife, and mine BTW, they do not appear unless they have a specific reason for doing so or they wish to do so.

We do not understand the parameters they may operate under, much like I could never figure out how a population of small fish could disappear from an isolated desert spring and then reappear several years later.

I believe that there may some part of a person survives death of the physical body, and can interact with the existing environment. This interaction may be subject to parameters we do not understand. In order to properly study the phenomenon we have to develope the proper methodology.

To say that ghosts don't exist, therefore we should not study them or the actions we believe to be associated with them, is to turn ones back on the scientific process altogether.

(Edited for graduation date and school)
View Quote
Great points.

Instead of proving things exist, perhaps skeptics should prove things don’t exist.

Perhaps a burden of proof shift?
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Great points.

Instead of proving things exist, perhaps skeptics should prove things don’t exist.

Perhaps a burden of proof shift?
View Quote
Hi @mercersfinest4, the problem is that a negative can't be proven, much depends upon what people will accept for proof, when Decartes  came up with mind/ body duality the church got to deal with the Unseen things and science simply adopted the attitude that psychic phenomena ( unseen things) did not exist. Here is a picture of The Brown Lady taken in England in 1936.
Attachment Attached File

Believe what you will, science is beginning to view other phenomena as a function of Quantum Mechanical effects. In another sense, about 50% of people have some natural psychic ability, this is so foreign to the remainder that, given the old scientific attitude, such things are impossible. I have had a minor ghost experience, "Ten years Old and New House" in this thread some precognitive dreams, one very detailed, hunches, and one vision, while I was awake, predicting a friends car wreck. Obviously, I find this stuff fascinating or I wouldn't be posting here.

Back in the late 40s, after WW2 a fellow named Jose Silva set out to improve his children's grades in school and wound up finding, through much research, a method with which they could train anybody to operate psychically. They were/ are so sure of this, that to this day, anybody who doesn't function as a psychic at the conclusion of the class can ask for their money back. The major parts of the class are strictly practical with techniques taught for helping others, business functions, athletics,  first aid etc.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The heart of the scientific process is verifiability and repeatability...
View Quote
Not to be pedantic (I’m going to be pedantic), the heart of the scientific process is falsifiability.

That’s a pretty significant concept.  Without the null hypothesis, all you have are observations and anecdotes.
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Heart of the Scientific Method as defined on the web at this particular website.

Experimentation is at the heart of the scientific method. Any scientist begins with the observation of natural phenomena, hypothesizes what may account for such phenomena, tests the hypotheses by manipulating some aspect of nature that can be controlled, and measures the result against the state of affairs when no such manipulation is implemented. In this way, hypotheses that do not match nature's laws are falsified when the independent variables manipulated do not account for predictable results. The falsifiability of hypotheses is the hallmark of science. Without experimentation, there is no science.

Once there is an experimental finding that seems to demonstrate some understanding of how nature works, the results are communicated so that others may confirm or deny the reliability of the hypotheses now bolstered by evidence. This limits the probability that experimental results occurred by chance or were the outcome of human error. Thus, another important feature of science is replication. Any method used in any field of science must be reproduced by independent observers in order to be useful.

Reference

I am not disagreeing with you, but my point was that without experimentation, there is no science, and to dismiss it out of hand as a reason to not to study it, is not the scientific method.

There is an additional problem in that what are considered "ghosts" may  a subset of  PSI, and may not conform to natural laws as we understand it at this time.

For some interesting reading concerning PSI and other related issues I recommend

"The Reality of ESP A Physicist's Proof of Psychic Abilities"  by Russell Targ.  (He is the guy who ran the remote viewing program for the army and studied PSI for the CIA).

(edited for spelling again)
Link Posted: 8/20/2019 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#25]
For those you following along.
That light has been on constantly all day and all evening so far.
We have some lightning in the area tonight, maybe that will stir something up.  I'll check it every once in a while.

I have no rational explanation.
Link Posted: 8/21/2019 10:32:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For those you following along.
That light has been on constantly all day and all evening so far.
We have some lightning in the area tonight, maybe that will stir something up.  I'll check it every once in a while.

I have no rational explanation.
View Quote
@GSPatton We've been busy lately, but she said that she would take a look at your videos tomorrow. If the camera passes over them, its possible that she could see them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

@GSPatton We've been busy lately, but she said that she would take a look at your videos tomorrow. If the camera passes over them, its possible that she could see them.
View Quote
Wild.
It wasn't around last night at all, the light stayed on for 24 hours at least. I'm out of town for a few days but I'm interested.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's wild.

I'm going to throw something out there. If she can see them on video that no one else can see, then I would assume she's seeing them psychically. I just don't see any possible scientific explanation for the idea that she can see things in a video that others can't see. And definitely no explanation for how she could see something that couldn't be brought out through video enhancement using various filters and whatnot. If there's actually something physically there on the film then analysis would uncover it, and no amount of mental blocking or denial on our part could hide it from us.

That would certainly explain why she can see them in real life when others can't. As opposed to seeing them with her eyes, maybe she's really seeing them psychically and her brain is superimposing them. That makes a lot more sense to me than the idea that we're all seeing them and simply repressing it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 9:07:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That's wild.

I'm going to throw something out there. If she can see them on video that no one else can see, then I would assume she's seeing them psychically. I just don't see any possible scientific explanation for the idea that she can see things in a video that others can't see. And definitely no explanation for how she could see something that couldn't be brought out through video enhancement using various filters and whatnot. If there's actually something physically there on the film then analysis would uncover it, and no amount of mental blocking or denial on our part could hide it from us.

That would certainly explain why she can see them in real life when others can't. As opposed to seeing them with her eyes, maybe she's really seeing them psychically and her brain is superimposing them. That makes a lot more sense to me than the idea that we're all seeing them and simply repressing it.
View Quote
Sure, that's an explanation--one of many.

With all respect to the OP, there are many possible explanations

1). she actually sees them
2). she is delusional
3). she sees something but misinterprets what she sees  
4). she is lying.

Each possible explanation has it's own motivations, causes, and support.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sure, that's an explanation--one of many.

With all respect to the OP, there are many possible explanations

1). she actually sees them
2). she is delusional
3). she sees something but misinterprets what she sees  
4). she is lying.

Each possible explanation has it's own motivations, causes, and support.
View Quote
Yes, but OP has shared some of her experiences. So he would either have to have the exact same delusion, or be lying, too. Shared delusions don't really exist that coherently, and OP hasn't been outed as a liar despite his time on this site.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yes, but OP has shared some of her experiences. So he would either have to have the exact same delusion, or be lying, too. Shared delusions don't really exist that coherently, and OP hasn't been outed as a liar despite his time on this site.
View Quote
Well, one can certainly share delusions--especially if they have been together for a long time.  Often similar pathology brings people together in the first place.

And, people can certainly lie or support each other.  Consider how often a spouse will enable pathological conditions in their partner.

Obviously nothing I've said are accusations, simply pointing out that the possible explanations are multiple.

I enjoy a good ghost story and will continue reading.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Another consideration is that the video range of the camera may be limited or better than the MK 1 eyeball.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Another consideration is that the video range of the camera may be limited or better than the MK 1 eyeball.
View Quote
But that wouldn't explain one person seeing the ghost on video and another not.  There was a theory put out somewhere that the camera could capture spirits that the human eye could not.  There was an interesting series on Youtube a way back about a ghost girl that the videographer did not see live but was picked up on video.  The narrator was certain the ghost girl was actually a demon. I have looked for it since but can't find it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 2:43:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

But that wouldn't explain one person seeing the ghost on video and another not.  There was a theory put out somewhere that the camera could capture spirits that the human eye could not.  There was an interesting series on Youtube a way back about a ghost girl that the videographer did not see live but was picked up on video.  The narrator was certain the ghost girl was actually a demon. I have looked for it since but can't find it.
View Quote
I’d be interested to see that.  Post a link if/when you can.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 2:51:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I’d be interested to see that.  Post a link if/when you can.
View Quote
I keep going back to try and find it.  It was a pretty well done series.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#36]
A possible corollary to that would be Electronic Voice Phenomena  or EVP.  You can't hear the voice when it is speaking, but the recorder picks it up.

I spent a fair amount time of exploring that topic and actually bought several recorders and ran a bunch of tests in a variety of locations.  While I had some initial success (specific answer to specific questions, clear and easily understood), eventually I stopped because I could not get a name that I could follow up and tie to a person who actually existed.  Additionally, I could complete a session in the same location at the same time on successive days and the responses would not be consistent to the questions being asked. I would say that 99% of what I got were class C evps and I could not discount them as being possible random noises in the environment which I was trying to turn into human speech.

Here are the classes as defined on the ghost hunters website.

1). Class A: The voices are understood by all that listen.  The words are actually somewhat loud & clear.

2). Class B:  Voices cannot be deciphered clearly & tones are very low as well hard to understand

3). Class C: Voices are extremely faint & almost completely incomprehensible.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#37]
@GSPatton

She watched your videos. She says there's an old guy in your stairwell. When you got to the bottom, he stayed on the next landing above you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
@GSPatton

She watched your videos. She says there's an old guy in your stairwell. When you got to the bottom, he stayed on the next landing above you.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
@GSPatton

View Quote
Well that certainly makes this even more interesting.

Out of curiosity, did you give her any pretext or backstory on what OP believes to have seen? Or, was it more, “Hey honey, watch this video and tell me if you see anything in it.”
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 11:37:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Well that certainly makes this even more interesting.

Out of curiosity, did you give her any pretext or backstory on what OP believes to have seen? Or, was it more, “Hey honey, watch this video and tell me if you see anything in it.”
View Quote
I told her that he was trying to chase down whoever/whatever was dicking with the lights. Asked her if she could see anything. Didnt say what.

She said an old man (lates 60s-70s) was going down the stairs ahead of him. He was a white guy, short hair, with a long gray beard. He stopped near the bottom as GSPatton went right on past him. He wasn't anywhere else in the videos. No clue if he had anything directly to do with the lights.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 1:03:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Awesome this thread is cool
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I didn't  see anything in the video

About to ask my wife. FWIW, she has never seen anything either, but who knows maybe she has a gift. Will report back ASAP. You will probably all be disappointed.

Be right back.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I told her that he was trying to chase down whoever/whatever was dicking with the lights. Asked her if she could see anything. Didnt say what.

She said an old man (lates 60s-70s) was going down the stairs ahead of him. He was a white guy, short hair, with a long gray beard. He stopped near the bottom as GSPatton went right on past him. He wasn't anywhere else in the videos. No clue if he had anything directly to do with the lights.
View Quote
Wow.  Maybe the long beard was what I interpreted in the blurred/murky/quick image as a Jay Leno chin.  Tell her thank you.  He/it seems harmless enough.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I didn't  see anything in the video

About to ask my wife. FWIW, she has never seen anything either, but who knows maybe she has a gift. Will report back ASAP. You will probably all be disappointed.

Be right back.
View Quote
Wife, 9 year old son, and 4 year old daughter don't seem to be "gifted".

I gave them no context.

I do still want to believe.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Wow.  Maybe the long beard was what I interpreted in the blurred/murky/quick image as a Jay Leno chin.  Tell her thank you.  He/it seems harmless enough.
View Quote
She said he was in the stairwell, but not anywhere else. He wasn't near the lights, but depending on how much energy he possesses, it's still a possibility that he is effecting them. Or, it's just an old building with shitty wiring.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 12:55:58 AM EDT
[#46]
I was here most of the day yesterday and all day today.
That light stayed on constantly, even through a pretty large thunderstorm we had.  The only light I've noticed turning on and off is in that unaccessible, abandoned old room.  There are two ceiling lights, only one of them went on and off.  No flicker.  Just on or off.  This place got a big grant for refurbishing.  I know all the wiring in my room is new, Ethernet and such was put in.  All the wiring going to the hot water heater looks pristine, so I'll bet they rewired everything.  Heck it took them a few years to refurb this place.

Anyway, it appears to be staying on now.   Hopefully he starts some other trick.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Wife, 9 year old son, and 4 year old daughter don't seem to be "gifted".

I gave them no context.

I do still want to believe.
View Quote
I hoped they at least liked my little euroweenie caliber pistol.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 1:10:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Here's a picture of the place.

When I was running to the other side of the abandoned part, I exited the door with the blue arrow, and was looking into the door with the red arrow.

Link Posted: 8/24/2019 3:01:43 AM EDT
[#49]
At the beginning of the first video, although I did not see anything visually I got some
weird vibes coming from around the hallway and staircases.
I did have a experience once when I went to see my mother after she
expired at the hospital. She still had the tube in her mouth
where they tried to revive her so it was within probably 15 min or so.
After I met the Chaplin in the lobby I got to her room,
of course im shocked and the whole experience felt like a dream. But as I sat there
going through stages of grief, I felt someone else there with us but don't know who it was.
I've had ppl ask me how do you explain what you sense or feel in that situation.
To be honest I don't have the faintest clue, all I can do is sorta describe it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Here's a picture of the place.

When I was running to the other side of the abandoned part, I exited the door with the blue arrow, and was looking into the door with the red arrow.

https://i.imgur.com/6dgHC7w.jpg
View Quote
That's a beautiful building.  I would think that the main entrance on the corner would make it a comfortable place for ghosts, however, per hoboninja's discussion of catty corner furniture earlier in the thread.  Spooks seem to have a thing for corners, either as a place to hang out, or a point of ingress/egress.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top