Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm gonna go with 30-06 Springfield. Supposedly what Bob Gimlin had pointed at the squatch as they shot the famous film...
View Quote
Huh.  I was always under the impression that old Bob had a 30 30 lever action.  I may have just made that assumption and never actually heard what type of rifle he had.
Link Posted: 8/1/2019 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Huh.  I was always under the impression that old Bob had a 30 30 lever action.  I may have just made that assumption and never actually heard what type of rifle he had.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm gonna go with 30-06 Springfield. Supposedly what Bob Gimlin had pointed at the squatch as they shot the famous film...
He looks like a guy who would tote a 3030.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He looks like a guy who would tote a 3030.
View Quote
I've spoken to Bob about the encounter and if I recall correctly, he said it was a .30-06.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#4]
A lightweight .458 SOCOM AR pistol would be my choice. Light maneuverable gun with plenty of power from a short barrel and fast follow up shots.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#5]
What round did the Humphries use at Honobia?
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 12:14:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
@Oknativeson I know that you probably know the answer to this question.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 2:05:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I seem to recall that they used an SKS to plug the one in their front yard.

"Assault rifles" have been mentioned in the various retellings of the event.  I remember someone specifically saying an SKS was used when the landed the shot.  However, that would be second hand information.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 3:57:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I seem to recall that they used an SKS to plug the one in their front yard.

"Assault rifles" have been mentioned in the various retellings of the event.  I remember someone specifically saying an SKS was used when the landed the shot.  However, that would be second hand information.
View Quote
I wish that story was made into a movie - A true suspenseful movie that is  Not one of those ridiculous, sci-fi network movies!

I heard it was a 30 carbine from some source, but not sure where that was.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I wish that story was made into a movie - A true suspenseful movie that is  Not one of those ridiculous, sci-fi network movies!

View Quote
Seconded.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#10]
30/06 with 180 grain Partition or like bullet will do if you can manage to hit him... it... whatever.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
A lightweight .458 SOCOM AR pistol would be my choice. Light maneuverable gun with plenty of power from a short barrel and fast follow up shots.
View Quote
Their has been a lot of sightings in my area over the years and the last few years iv'e been going to the locations asap and looking for sign.  I use to take a 16'' .458 and my last outing I took this 12'' SOCOM along with a side arm.

Link Posted: 8/6/2019 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
30/06 with 180 grain Partition or like bullet will do if you can manage to hit him... it... whatever.
View Quote
This is my 50/70. The smaller round is a 45 Colt revolver.
The hottest load I can tolerate is 34 grains of SP3 (Enforcer/Longshot analog) with a 515 grain hardcast bullet. Think it may do the job? Basically a howdah pistol.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Seconded.
View Quote
Thirded.

In my opinion, the Siege of Honobia is even more interesting than the Ape Canyon incident.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Their has been a lot of sightings in my area over the years and the last few years iv'e been going to the locations asap and looking for sign.  I use to take a 16'' .458 and my last outing I took this 12'' SOCOM along with a side arm.

http://i.imgur.com/sXcWuJa.jpg
View Quote
Have you found anything interesting at the locations?  Nice pistol!
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Have you found anything interesting at the locations?  Nice pistol!
View Quote
I haven't found or seen anything yet.

I live at ground zero of a bigfoot hot spot and ive done quit a bit of investigating and talking to eye witnesses over the past few years, the most credible being a Indiana state trooper a few years ago but other's definitely think they saw something, most have a shaky voice when talking about their sighting.

The most recent sighting was a late rainy Thursday night in October around 10:30pm about a 1/2 mile from where I live. I got a phone call the next morning at work telling me about the sighting and i was on the scene at 4:30pm Friday evening. It was super muddy and this happen on a real active deer crossing area and the trail leads to the edge of Lake Monroe. Ton's of deer tracks but no squatch tracks. I scoured the woods and hung out in there till around 10:00pm with night vision and nothing. The dude that clam's to have seen something was a 18 year old kid and not real credible but I always look into every sighting that close to home.

Iv'e also deer, coon and coyote hunted most of these areas for 35ish years plus hiked the Hoosier national forest a lot and i haven't seen anything.

My uncle and his grandson were coon hunting a couple years ago in the HNF with about an inch of snow on the ground. they were walking a horse trail when they seen tracks come onto the trail from their left and headed down the trail about 30 yards and turned off to the right down over the hill. the prints didn't have any real definition but were about 15'' long with a 5 to 6 foot stride.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 12:52:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I haven't found or seen anything yet.

I live at ground zero of a bigfoot hot spot and ive done quit a bit of investigating and talking to eye witnesses over the past few years, the most credible being a Indiana state trooper a few years ago but other's definitely think they saw something, most have a shaky voice when talking about their sighting.

The most recent sighting was a late rainy Thursday night in October around 10:30pm about a 1/2 mile from where I live. I got a phone call the next morning at work telling me about the sighting and i was on the scene at 4:30pm Friday evening. It was super muddy and this happen on a real active deer crossing area and the trail leads to the edge of Lake Monroe. Ton's of deer tracks but no squatch tracks. I scoured the woods and hung out in there till around 10:00pm with night vision and nothing. The dude that clam's to have seen something was a 18 year old kid and not real credible but I always look into every sighting that close to home.

Iv'e also deer, coon and coyote hunted most of these areas for 35ish years plus hiked the Hoosier national forest a lot and i haven't seen anything.

My uncle and his grandson were coon hunting a couple years ago in the HNF with about an inch of snow on the ground. they were walking a horse trail when they seen tracks come onto the trail from their left and headed down the trail about 30 yards and turned off to the right down over the hill. the prints didn't have any real definition but were about 15'' long with a 5 to 6 foot stride.
View Quote
10PM might be too early, that encounter might have just been random.  Every location seems to have a different witching hour when they get active.  You might want to throw some recorders out there for a while and see if you can start honing in on a time when there is activity.  You can quickly scrub through audio with a computer program.  If it’s an area with consistent activity, I am confident you are going to get a hit sooner than later.  If they are pressing the game, your audio will most likely capture wood knocks.  Always pay close attention to the coyotes.

What did the Trooper report?
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 6:27:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

10PM might be too early, that encounter might have just been random.  Every location seems to have a different witching hour when they get active.  You might want to throw some recorders out there for a while and see if you can start honing in on a time when there is activity.  You can quickly scrub through audio with a computer program.  If it’s an area with consistent activity, I am confident you are going to get a hit sooner than later.  If they are pressing the game, your audio will most likely capture wood knocks.  Always pay close attention to the coyotes.

What did the Trooper report?
View Quote
The trooper was off duty and did not make a police report. I just happen to know a guy he works out with at the gym and that's how I got in contact.  He was in his cruiser and drove up on it. He said it looked like 600 pound  squirrel. Said it was down on all fours and stood up and ran off.

Their were two other sightings that same weekend in a 5 mile radius.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The trooper was off duty and did not make a police report. I just happen to know a guy he works out with at the gym and that's how I got in contact.  He was in his cruiser and drove up on it. He said it looked like 600 pound  squirrel. Said it was down on all fours and stood up and ran off.

Their were two other sightings that same weekend in a 5 mile radius.
View Quote
That is an interesting description.  Does the activity in your area appear to be seasonal or random throughout the year?
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That is an interesting description.  Does the activity in your area appear to be seasonal or random throughout the year?
View Quote
Random through out the year.

I have a lot of storys from a veriaty of different people. From a Pepsi delivery guy to a Indiana University professor.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
If it's a miracle, Colour Sergeant, it's a short chamber Boxer Henry point 45 caliber miracle.
Colour Sergeant Bourne : And a bayonet, sir, with some guts behind.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he used a SKS right in the chest, then popped his grape while it was rolling on the ground thrashing.

one day, maybe I'll video tape their story with both of them in the room for a legit interview.
both of them hate the fact that every time someone does a story on it, it gets fouled up and has misleading info in it.

the actual events are pretty wild. unfortunately several groups and individuals have tried to garner fame off of it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 4:25:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

he used a SKS right in the chest, then popped his grape while it was rolling on the ground thrashing.

one day, maybe I'll video tape their story with both of them in the room for a legit interview.
both of them hate the fact that every time someone does a story on it, it gets fouled up and has misleading info in it.

the actual events are pretty wild. unfortunately several groups and individuals have tried to garner fame off of it.
View Quote
Thanks for the info, hope all is well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
it was a Winchester 70 30-06 and there is evidence he shot Patty in the thigh. the same rifle was supposedly used to kill the rest in the family group..

just what i've been told by reliable sources.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 5:25:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
What's this Honobia incident? And where can I read about it?
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

it was a Winchester 70 30-06 and there is evidence he shot Patty in the thigh. the same rifle was supposedly used to kill the rest in the family group..

View Quote
I have heard similar rumors,  if I recall, wasn't the logging company supposed to be involved in that?  I honestly don't give too much credence to it, but I know they were having problems at the location.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Good.  My memory of the account is correct.

Oknativeson, out of the many accounts out there (book, podcast, etc), in your opinion which one is the most factual?  I know that Thom Powell's The Locals was said to been written without actually speaking to the parties involved.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 8:14:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
@Oknativeson. @FistPeso

I have always been of two minds on the Bluff Creek Massacre.  MK Davis and Paulides both made some compelling points on there examination of the footage, and the so called 'long lens cameras' in the photos that I have seen are most definitely rifles.  Bob Gimlin and John Green's responses seemed a bit Shakey, but I always chalked that up to their age and the time that has elapsed since the events.

What are your thoughts on the matter?  Oknativeson, you have spoken with people with first hand knowledge of the supposed Massacre?
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What's this Honobia incident? And where can I read about it?
View Quote
@fmj_shooter

Oknativeson can certainly chime in with his thoughts on the validity of this version of the account, but Wes Germer claimed to actually be in contact with the brothers involved.  The account paints a different version than what the BFRO investigators put on their site.Sasquatch Chronicles Siege of Honobia
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 8:54:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@fmj_shooter

Oknativeson can certainly chime in with his thoughts on the validity of this version of the account, but Wes Germer claimed to actually be in contact with the brothers involved.  The account paints a different version than what the BFRO investigators put on their site.Sasquatch Chronicles Siege of Honobia
View Quote
one of the brothers is a very close friend of mine for over 20 years. so close, we are in contact in some way almost every few days.
do not trust much of anything the BFRO cops too.

the problem is that every time some entity puts a show on about it, the show organizers end up either unintentionally or intentionally leaving out details or something like that. the brothers have not been happy with any way a show has ever told the story.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@Oknativeson. @FistPeso

I have always been of two minds on the Bluff Creek Massacre.  MK Davis and Paulides both made some compelling points on there examination of the footage, and the so called 'long lens cameras' in the photos that I have seen are most definitely rifles.  Bob Gimlin and John Green's responses seemed a bit Shakey, but I always chalked that up to their age and the time that has elapsed since the events.

What are your thoughts on the matter?  Oknativeson, you have spoken with people with first hand knowledge of the supposed Massacre?
View Quote
I know 2 people that have spent hundreds of hours investigating the incident and have hours interviewing people involved while they were alive. these people have seen more of the footage firsthand than what was ever released and i think even have original frames of the film they studied. i was told by these 2 people that the original film is longer and more detailed than the small film released to the public. the ending of the original long track film shows a bulge on Patty's thigh right before she gets to the woodline and she drops down on all 4's  to walk away. my brain is fried now ... and i have a hard time with instant memories. but i want to say Patty and her kiddo were the last of the family. she was coming in later to the scene of the elimination. in one film i was shown 20 years ago, you could make out a chimpanzee sized arm and movement on a downed log that was said to have been her kiddo hiding and she was walking away from it to divert attention.

both of those people believe a family group was eliminated from stories and info related to them.

i was told the Winchester 70 has 7 marks in the stock and the owner of the rifle had a relationship with Patterson and Gimlin. those 7 marks were the 7 Sasquatch kills.

thats what I have been told by the 2 people who did not investigate together, totally separate but gave nearly identical stories of the incident.

everyone involved in the original incident were questionable people, so that needs to be remembered.

i've always told myself, this story holds up to scrutiny better than any thing else i've heard.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

one of the brothers is a very close friend of mine for over 20 years. so close, we are in contact in some way almost every few days.
do not trust much of anything the BFRO cops too.

the problem is that every time some entity puts a show on about it, the show organizers end up either unintentionally or intentionally leaving out details or something like that. the brothers have not been happy with any way a show has ever told the story.
View Quote
Is there any material out there that gives an accurate account of the incident?
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#33]
5.56 (30 rnd mag!)
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 9:28:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Oknativeson, out of the many accounts out there (book, podcast, etc), in your opinion which one is the most factual?  I know that Thom Powell's The Locals was said to been written without actually speaking to the parties involved.
View Quote
i havent' read the locals
but if you pressed all the stories together..maybe 40% would be true.

that property was a bitch.
i think the previous owner was a handicapped dude to was always ranting to people about Aliens in the window watching him sleep and trying to talk to him at night.  stuff like that.

he ended up committing suicide.

I actually seen photo's they took of the scene right after it happened.

crazy shit.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
none. per one of the brother's 1 minute ago.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:22:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I would love to see an interview like that.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:27:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

none. per one of the brother's 1 minute ago.
View Quote
Thanks for the 1st hand information.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:39:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

@Oknativeson. @FistPeso

View Quote
I am not in the weeds on this one, I defer to OKNS.  Beyond MK Davis there is another gentleman who would absolutely know the truth on this.  @OKNativeson I will pm his name to see if he is your contact.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:42:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I am not in the weeds on this one, I defer to OKNS.  Beyond MK Davis there is another gentleman who would absolutely know the truth on this.  @OKNativeson I will pm his name to see if he is your contact.
View Quote
I've actually been in the car with MK driving when a Sasquatch ran across the road on all 4's in front of us. he has serious stones and is a wealth of info.

a smart man would listen very closely to anything MK says or produces. I personally do not agree with his Digger Indian Theory, I'm open to it as a possibility out of respect to him.

MK's vids from the thicket homestead are freaking awesome. how those were filmed were brilliant and kudo's to MK for getting his hands on them and cleaning them up.
the world is a better place because of him. he intelligent and very down to earth. ( i don't say that about many people)
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've actually been in the car with MK driving when a Sasquatch ran across the road on all 4's in front of us. he has serious stones and is a wealth of info.

a smart man would listen very closely to anything MK says or produces. I personally do not agree with his Digger Indian Theory, I'm open to it as a possibility out of respect to him.

MK's vids from the thicket homestead are freaking awesome. how those were filmed were brilliant and kudo's to MK for getting his hands on them and cleaning them up.
the world is a better place because of him. he intelligent and very down to earth. ( i don't say that about many people)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I met him once. Around 2001. Impressive fellow.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:29:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have nothing but respect for MK.  Can you tell us more about that incident.  That sounds like a heck of a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Thanks for the 1st hand information.
View Quote
I've had both of them tell me, separately and I am even very hesitant on telling the story. its not mine to tell.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 12:34:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am not familiar with the thicket homestead videos, and a quick Google search turned up nothing.  Can you point me in the right direction to look into these videos?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I am not familiar with the thicket homestead videos, and a quick Google search turned up nothing.  Can you point me in the right direction to look into these videos?
View Quote
MK calls them something else I think,
he has posted them on his facebook page before. i think they might even be available in the forum section of Sas Chr.

I've these for years.
its a homestead down in thick country of Tx. I want to say around Paris TX in some nasty country.

they never could get the animals to come out when standard VHS cameras were out. so they came up with an idea of using a mirror reverse shot.

one video is of the Garden and one stepping over a 5 ft fence like nothing.
one video is of the Garden when two get into a shoving match and run off when a massive one shows up.
2 videos is of a white one walking up and over a creek bottom. one is better than the other.

i think there might be 2-3 other video's.

some of the best footage you'll ever see and MK has studied them and enhanced them. the problem is resolution issues. but there is no question of the size of the creatures.
M K Davis revisits the fence climber with more video

M K Davis looks at quick clips of a white Bigfoot

M.K.Davis discusses the Sasquatch altercation video

M.K.Davis discusses the Creek Crosser video
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait...

You're saying that these guys actually took down a 'squatch in 2000? And decided that they hated money so much, that no one turned in definitive proof of Bigfoot's existence? Why?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same question as above. The guys who released THE quintessential Bigfoot footage, actually HAD dead Bigfoot, but couldn't be bothered to reveal ANYTHING (pelts, bones, ANY bodyparts) that would have proven their claims?

And they just made it up, when they later stated that they should have shot Patty and came back with a body vs shaky footage?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Wait...

You're saying that these guys actually took down a 'squatch in 2000? And decided that they hated money so much, that no one turned in definitive proof of Bigfoot's existence? Why?
View Quote
it was dragged off right in front of them by 2 females into the wood line and a massive Alpha got involved with the carcass.

they took pics of the aftermath. it was a bad time to live there. the brother that lived there cleared out most of the timber and finally moved away from it because of the problems there.

the facts are well known to those the Brothers trust. that trust doesn't come easy.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
it was dragged off right in front of them by 2 females into the wood line and a massive Alpha got involved with the carcass.

they took pics of the aftermath. it was a bad time to live there. the brother that lived there cleared out most of the timber and finally moved away from it because of the problems there.

the facts are well known to those the Brothers trust. that trust doesn't come easy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait...

So they shot one of them CoM, then finished it off with a headshot. Then decided not to shoot at any of the others?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I remember watching a documentary when I was a kid, Bob said something to the effect of "If there was a man in that suit he was either brave or stupid, because I had a 30-06 pointed right at him"
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top