Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would rather bump into bigfoot lol. Chimps are terrifying
View Quote
True that.

Bigfoot won't rip off your balls and eat them.

Well.....not usually.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never seen one but I've had a lifelong fascination with UFOs... it started when I was a young kid around 10 or 11. My dad bought a paperback copy of the book "Communion" and the alien on the cover terrified the shit out of me, so bad that I ripped the cover off and threw it away.

Somehow I became fascinated with what scared me most as a boy and I've been following the subject ever since.
Link Posted: 8/3/2019 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve told this story in GD so I’ll share it here:

I saw a triangular shaped UFO in the deep dark woods of Upstate NY- Constantia to be exact.

My cousins were seeing it before I did (they live there) and I didn’t beleive them at all.  I am and still am a skeptic about most paranormal and extraterrestrial activity, however because of this event I am drawn to it.

It was in the mid-nineties, I was visiting one cousin as another sped into the driveway and told me to get into his car.  We drove maybe a half mile and there it was hovering and slowly spinning  above the tree line not making a sound.  There were three white dots, one on each angle, and a red one in the center.

It went from the north shore of Oneida lake to the south shore instantly.  We lost it briefly.  There was no light streak, bright lights or sounds.  It was just gone.  We laid eyes on it now flying in circles on the south shore extremely fast and then poof- gone for good.

I have more odd stories, but no more about actually laying eyes on one again that I’ll share
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 8:55:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I related this story before. This was in the winter of 84 I have to guess, maybe 85. My buddy and I were drinking on a Stroes 18 pack sitting in the bottom of a dune on the Cheaspeake Bay looking out at the sky. The dunes were great as the bowl shape gave some protection form the wind, and also allowed a nice comfortable reclining position.

Anyway we were drinking and smoking cigarettes, the sky was very clear and we were looking out at the night sky pointing out planes flying overhead and stars. Wondering how many satellites were up that we could see. Then one of us spotted a triangle of white lights. I cannot remember who spotted it first but we both saw the same thing. The thing that drew are attention was everything in the sky blinked or twinkled, or moved except for these 3 lights. They where bright steady lights, unmoving, in a perfect triangle. We studied the light for a long time. Everything around them blinked and moved except these lights. Then suddenly they began to move, all 3 at the same time never moving in distance from each other, a static group. The speed that they were traversing the sky was slow but steady, then they streaked across the sky and disappeared. They moved 10x faster than anything in the sky when they were moving initially but it seemed slow to us,  then zip. Gone.
Crazy.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
True that.

Well.....not usually.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would rather bump into bigfoot lol. Chimps are terrifying
True that.

Well.....not usually.
Florida man will...  
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
@KampusKop had a strange story, possibly bigfoot related, but I don't believe he ever actually saw anything.

Maybe he would feel like posting it here?

Cool either way.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Florida man will...  
View Quote
Still waiting for you to tell me when your coming down. The hot tub got a new motor yesterday......
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 2:52:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Still waiting for you to tell me when your coming down. The hot tub got a new motor yesterday......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Florida man will...  
Well.. I'm still trying to get the new house/property so..
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well.. I'm still trying to get the new house/property so..
View Quote
Excuses
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Excuses
View Quote
So there I was, in this hot tub with Florida man...
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@KampusKop had a strange story, possibly bigfoot related, but I don't believe he ever actually saw anything.

Cool either way.
View Quote
I talked to him on the phone for over an hour one afternoon.
very interesting experience.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:14:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool either way.
I enjoyed the story. Phone call was probably much better.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wasn't he the one who heard a roar so loud that it vibrated his insides one night while on duty?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Wasn't he the one who heard a roar so loud that it vibrated his insides one night while on duty?
View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 6:58:03 PM EDT
[#15]
I exchanged a few messages with a member here who saw an upright"something" melt into the woods in front of him and a friend.  My take on his story was that is Dogman type creature as opposed to a Bigfoot.

I am fairly certain that he shared his full encounter on the forum, but want to double check before I @ him publicly.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I exchanged a few messages with a member here who saw an upright"something" melt into the woods in front of him and a friend.  My take on his story was that is Dogman type creature as opposed to a Bigfoot.

I am fairly certain that he shared his full encounter on the forum, but want to double check before I @ him publicly.
View Quote
I would hate to expose him without his blessing.  I wouldn't do it.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would hate to expose him without his blessing.  I wouldn't do it.  
View Quote
Lol.  Literally just went back through my PMs with him and saw that he mentioned that you were the one who gave him some solid insight on his encounter.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Lol.  Literally just went back through my PMs with him and saw that he mentioned that you were the one who gave him some solid insight on his encounter.
View Quote
I think he is public about it.  That is why the .
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought so, but wasn't a hundred percent certain.

The fact that he couldn't understand why he couldn't make out its face added a certain sinister air to his account.  Probably not a 'friendly woods brother'.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I thought so, but wasn't a hundred percent certain.

The fact that he couldn't understand why he couldn't make out its added a certain sinister air to his account.  Probably not a 'friendly woods brother'.
View Quote
Maybe I am thinking of someone else.  It gets hard to keep track of all the encounters.  Better confirm.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. He was pretty well armed as well, but I think he waited awhile before going outside.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 8:29:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yup. He was pretty well armed as well, but I think he waited awhile before going outside.
View Quote

The reason I just posted that pic is because a few weeks back, that bear was trying to get into my chicken coop.

I snapped that pic and by the time I got outside, he was standing upright, leaning onto the coop...   I grabbed the nearest pistol in reach, "Ruger LC-9s", and ran outside...   I yelled at the bear but my verbal commands did not phase him....   So I gave charged that son of bitch in my sled dog Christmas PJ's and house shoes...  I fired a shot off to his side and which got his attention....   He saw me charging him and then finally ran away....

Now, I know he's not a big bear, but still....    How many people do you know who have charged a wild bear in the pajamas?

I'm not saying that I'm a bad ass.....   But I am a rural country boy, a 12-b combat engineer, and a veteran cop.   I'm not a coward...   I don't scare easy... and I'm not afraid of things that go bump in the night.....

Those two nights have changed my habits and changed me....   There is not a day goes by that I don't think about it.

That's the God's honest truth....

I had people here tell me that I must have heard a buck snorting...…

Maybe it was an owl...…   Maybe a cow...…

No.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/106101/IMG_20190612_204151537-1047328.jpg

The reason I just posted that pic is because a few weeks back, that bear was trying to get into my chicken coop.

I snapped that pic and by the time I got outside, he was standing upright, leaning onto the coop...   I grabbed the nearest pistol in reach, "Ruger LC-9s", and ran outside...   I yelled at the bear but my verbal commands did not phase him....   So I gave charged that son of bitch in my sled dog Christmas PJ's and house shoes...  I fired a shot off to his side and which got his attention....   He saw me charging him and then finally ran away....

Now, I know he's not a big bear, but still....    How many people do you know who have charged a wild bear in the pajamas?

I'm not saying that I'm a bad ass.....   But I am a rural country boy, a 12-b combat engineer, and a veteran cop.   I'm not a coward...   I don't scare easy... and I'm not afraid of things that go bump in the night.....

Those two nights have changed my habits and changed me....   There is not a day goes by that I don't think about it.

No.
View Quote
I heard a grunt/cough type sound one night that caused a physical sensation in my chest.  It made me grind my teeth as soon as I heard it, if that makes sense.  It was close, but I never saw what made it.  Whatever did make it was able to disappear back into thick brush without making another sound.

It was no bird or beast that I have ever heard before or since.  It was different than the whoops and screams that I have heard before.  It carried the impression of great size and power.  We thought that it may have been a cougar that I saw earlier, but I have spent hours listening to known cougar sounds in the days after this happened. If it was a cougar, it was capable of making sounds that no other cat has ever made on film or tape.

I believe you.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I voted other because I've had many experiences with ghost/spirits.  It is usually people I know or family that have died.  Often times I'll see them before I know they had died.  This is a UFO experience that I didn't see but was definately involved in.

We had friends of the family that moved to a small town south of Duncan, OK.  They had two boys, one a year older than me and another a year younger.  I was 11 or 12.  They also had a daughter the same age as my little brother.  We all got along great.  Before the move, we would play in the woods, swim, ride 4wheelers, and camp out.  Since they moved 4 hours south of us, we didn't see them very often.  In fact, this was the last time I saw the boys (parents eventually moved back to here with their daughter).

My parents had decided to drive up and spend a weekend at their house.  We had a blast exploring their new land on quads.  We had packed up water and sandwiches and left out to explore.  We returned right before dark to pitch a tent in the yard and start a fire.  Around 11:00pm we shut it down and got ready for bed.  Sometime around midnight our parents are waking us up telling us to go inside because storms are moving in.  We didn't hear any thunder or see any lightning flashes so we were kind of like "WTF".  After they hurriedly, with a sense of panic, got us inside they returned outside with only the explanation that a storm was approaching.  We could hear them talking outside so we did what we always did, grab some cups and put them against the wall so we could hear what they were saying.  Things like "WTF is that thing", "why isn't it moving", "is it going to hurt us" was what we could hear.  Any attempt to go outside was shut down very quickly.  Finally around 4:00am we were forced to go to bed.

The next morning my dad woke us up at the butt crack of dawn and told us we were leaving in an hour and to have our shit together.  Two hours into the silent ride home I finally asked what the hell was going on.  My dad casually said don't worry about it.  I asked again and this time he looked back at me and said "don't worry about it" then looked at my brother (7 or 8) and nodded his directions.  I took that to mean that he would tell me but not in front of my brother.

When we got home and settled, he hollered at me to help him with something in the garage.  He began to tell me what spooked 4 rational adults.  They had been hanging out on the deck shooting the shit when my mom looked up and saw what my dad says was a cuboid in the sky directly above them.  He said it was as big as a skyscraper, black against fast moving clouds that passed both above and in front of it.  Right before they made us go to bed it vanished.  Not fade away, just gone.  He then proceeded to sketch it out for me (probably himself).

My wife is the only person I've ever told this story to.  Years later I ran into my friends dad and asked him about it.  He told me that he never told his kids what happened and stuck to the storm story.  I asked him to describe the thing to me and he described exactly what my dad did the next day and my mother about a year later.  I don't know what they saw, but they all saw the same thing and it terrified them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Speaking of skunk ape... in my part of Florida, there’s a power complex that used to be nuke + coal and they broke the nuke plant so I guess just coal now. Anyways, the security people I’m friends with and some other plant workers have had sightings of some fairly large primates around the exclusion zone. Public is not allowed within about a mile of the place, there’s security fences within this zone and woods, swamp, fields outside the fences but still inside the zone where people aren’t allowed to be. The security personnel have been reporting these primate sightings for at least 20 years and I recall it’s like a family group. It’s not the small monkeys like we have near silver springs that are infested with stds, they are seeing primates about the size of gorillas.  There’s been speculation that some “pets” got loose decades ago and just took to the wild and started a colony.
View Quote
NW Florida?
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.
Glad you showed up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Voted for UFO:

Saw a "flying saucer" when I was 5 or 6 (I've described this sighting a few times in GD, over the years.)

I saw a flying green orb (not ball lighting) once.

Voted for "other":

Saw the ghost of my dead uncle on the day of his funeral.

Saw a kangaroo in West-Central Ohio when I was groundhog hunting. In fact, I shot at it with my .22-250.
View Quote
Glad I read this thread.
I lived near Deer Creek state park back in the eighties and early nineties. Which is in central Ohio. Driving home from work one night I swear I saw a Kangaroo standing near the road . That was freaky.
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Glad I read this thread.
I lived near Deer Creek state park back in the eighties and early nineties. Which is in central Ohio. Driving home from work one night I swear I saw a Kangaroo standing near the road . That was freaky.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Voted for UFO:

Saw a "flying saucer" when I was 5 or 6 (I've described this sighting a few times in GD, over the years.)

I saw a flying green orb (not ball lighting) once.

Voted for "other":

Saw the ghost of my dead uncle on the day of his funeral.

Saw a kangaroo in West-Central Ohio when I was groundhog hunting. In fact, I shot at it with my .22-250.
Glad I read this thread.
I knew I should have put Kangaroo in the poll..

Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Glad I read this thread.
View Quote
I wish those zoos would contain their animals.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2019 11:43:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Glad I read this thread.
Considering where @yankee43 saw one, my location was only a county or two east. Someone probably had one as.a pet and it escaped.
I never told anyone what I thought I saw or they would have gave me shit for years.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Glad you showed up.
View Quote
Happy to be here......

When I get time I'll come back and post a recap of my encounter.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Happy to be here......

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad you showed up.
Happy to be here......

Looking forward to that.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#33]
So what went down took place over the course of two nights in the fall of 2012.

I am a police officer for a small college in Virginia with a 4 lane highway to the front of the college, to the back of the college there is 85 wooded-brush covered land that the college owns, past that is a rural rout, and passed that is the Clinch Mountain, and some 27,000 acres of the Clinch Mountain Wildlife Management Area.

Surrounding the management area is thousands upon thousands of undeveloped private land.

Clinch Mountain is basically a tall ridge line that runs for miles and miles, I think all the way to Tennessee.

I can look from campus at times in the spring and fall and see the snow capped mountain in the background while it is still green on campus......   Common out west, not so much in the east.

Anyway....   One night after having made my nightly patrol of the campus, I had made my way back down to the lower end...    The school is laid out in that there are two large buildings and the National Guard armory on the lower level on the highway side....    up top, there are five buildings that make up the "main campus" on top of the hill....    The road then circles around to a lower section on the back side...    There is one brick building and a couple of ball fields, etc...

Our office was in that brick building on the lower end/back side of campus...   No dorms...No housing....  No person on campus after Midnight.

Usually, at around 3:00am, I would come back down to the office and eat my lunch and rest my legs......

Place holder....

When you work midnight shift completely alone, your eyes tend to get heavy.....    I have fallen asleep at work...  On the first night after I had made my initial rounds and had lunch, I was sitting at the desk with my eyes crossing....  I honestly don't know if I actually fell asleep in the chair or I was just close to it, but at some point I heard way off in the distance this mournful wailing sound....  Think of hearing a train horn on a quite night, or more to the point an old air raid siren.....  It was similar to that but it was an animal....   I  remember smiling as I rose up out of the chair because I thought that I had dreamt it.

I got in the patrol vehicle and drove all over campus, shining my spot light but never saw anything.

The next night was the same situation...  Sitting in the same office, only this time I was 100% wide awake....

I was reading something online when absolutely out of the blue this thing roared....  It started out very base, like thunder...   Midway through there was a definite growl sound, and then it tapered to a much higher pitch at the end.

It sounded like it was right outside the office but it had the same effect as if you were in a quite house and a sudden thunder boom occurred...   The kind that jars you and shakes the house....    I didn't shake the building exactly, not like thunder would but I could feel the vibration from it.  It had a stunning effect on me..    I drew up into the office chair out of pure instinct and that's where I stayed for several seconds...   Think how a deer will sometimes drop down below the arrow that was fired at it...   That's kinda what I did....  I guess the instinct was to make myself small.....   It was absolutely clear that I could not fend it off.

I had my pistol on me, we had a rifle and shotgun in the office and none of that entered my mind...   I froze up completely.

About 30 seconds to a minute later, I hear it off in the distance again, way off, like the night before, and just like the night before, it was the same mournful sound....  At that point I was able to move again...  I patrolled campus again, but never saw it and never heard it again.

It was not a bear, and I did not chase it in my pajamas.

I've done a protection detail for the President and posted that here, I've been called up for the war but our orders were eventually cut after several months, I've caught a live copperhead, I've been on crazy police calls when I worked the road, hell, I've seen some things go down at the college.

I've done a lot of things and had a lot of things happen in my 42 years, but this took the cake.

I give all of you my word that it happened and it happened exactly how I said it did.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/10/2019 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Updated in my above post.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Updated in my above post.
View Quote
Would you truly like to know what it was, or do you feel better not knowing?

Link Posted: 8/14/2019 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Not me, but a neighbor.  We live in the Blue Ridge Mts, and this was on our road, cowfield  on both sides.  There was snow on the ground, the neighbor and a friend had gone into town and were on their way back.  This large dark biped crossed the road in front of them, and they both saw it.  It basically disappeared after it crossed the road.  When they got to the crossing point, they stopped and looked at the snow...no prints.  No drugs, alcohol, or sleep deprivation involved.

Our first year here, we had freshly tilled/raked garden next to the barn.  We were down to 2 chickens, and as we had to spend the night away from home, I put them in a dog carrier and left them in the barn.  Next morning, no carrier, Harold the rooster was in the front yard tree, and...the carrier was across the 30 feet of soft garden dirt and had been taken apart  No footprints, no drag marks, etc.  I started making sure I milked before dark, and we started shutting the doors at night instead of just having the screendoors latched.
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Mysterious indeed..
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not me, but a neighbor.  We live in the Blue Ridge Mts, and this was on our road, cowfield  on both sides.  There was snow on the ground, the neighbor and a friend had gone into town and were on their way back.  This large dark biped crossed the road in front of them, and they both saw it.  It basically disappeared after it crossed the road.  When they got to the crossing point, they stopped and looked at the snow...no prints.  No drugs, alcohol, or sleep deprivation involved.

Our first year here, we had freshly tilled/raked garden next to the barn.  We were down to 2 chickens, and as we had to spend the night away from home, I put them in a dog carrier and left them in the barn.  Next morning, no carrier, Harold the rooster was in the front yard tree, and...the carrier was across the 30 of soft garden dirt and had been taken apart  No footprints, no drag marks, etc.  I started making sure I milked before dark, and we started shutting the doors at night instead of just having the screendoors latched.
View Quote
That's messed up.
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's messed up.
View Quote
I second the motion.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#41]
So I voted UFO and truly what I saw on two occasions in my life this far I cannot explain. The first UFO encounter I had was when my father and I went out at night to gig frogs on a small lake near Havana Illinois. It was probably around 0100 in the morning and we began to drive the boat across the lake back to the cabin. When we got back we put the boat up on the beach and I walked out onto the dock for some reason and looked up at the sky which was clear that night, and noticed several different colored lights moving in the sky. They looked really high up almost like brighter stars in the sky and moved quickly then would stop and move again, at speeds I dont think any airplane or satellite could achieve. My dad came onto the dock with me and after I pointed them out we both watched this for probably about 15 minutes. The funniest part we didnt say a word to one another, even the next day all I said was did we really see what I think we did, and dad answered yes I was there too. I was around 10-13 years old at the time which would have been early eighties and still remember it to this day and so does pops.

Around 2014 I went to southern Missouri for vacation (just south of Branson at Big Cedar resort ) and took my PVS14 with me. One night there was a meteor shower that was happening so I found a place on the map to drive away from the lights into Arkansas. I found a place along Table rock lake in a park with a small launch and dock off of RT311. My family didnt want too come with and said have fun see ya in the morning, so around 0200 I started looking up in the sky and used my PVS14 for seeing a few shooting stars and satellites and out of the corner of my eye I see something moving in the sky blocking out the stars above it. The object at first glance I thought was a regular commercial jet but I also saw it had no lights on at all. I kept tracking it and pulled my PVS14 up to mt eye and saw it was a triangle shaped aircraft (not a f117, B1 orB2 I have seen those in flight at air shows) this was a triangle shaped with two small notches at the rear of the object and really weird had a solid IR light only visible with the pvs14. It was at the height of a commercial jet after take off like maybe 20 miles out from a airport around 30-35000 feet( I based this on where I used to live in relation to Ohare and midway airports). I couldnt hear any sound from it and it went in a path starting from the northeast going south west as best I could tell after looking at a map later. Was it a military plane, experimental plane, drone or little gray dudes with giant heads?? I dont know but that is what I sway towards the military side of the reason but it was a UFO to me.
Link Posted: 8/18/2019 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#42]
This happened when I was about 14 years old.  Early one morning I walked into our garage which was attached by a door from the kitchen.  As I opened the door a small grey dude, whipped its head around and we locked eyes.  It was standing in the far corner close to the big garage door. I fucking froze for what seemed like forever (probably 3-5 seconds).  I slammed the door closed.  Scared the shit out of me.  My mom looked at me and could tell something was wrong.  It took me a few seconds before I could even talk.  By that time my dad had come through the kitchen and looked in the garage.  Nothing there of course.  It was probably 10 years before I saw a picture of the classic grey alien and long before the internet.

About 10 years ago, between Las Vegas and Mesquite, NV.  Stopped to piss and saw a large black triangle overhead.  No lights, no sound, completely blocked out the stars overhead.

Apparently last Monday was a good night to watch meteors.  I found this out on Tuesday.  So about 21:30 on Tuesday, 8/13 I went out with some PVS-7 strapped to my melon.  I looked up (west) then to the right (north) and saw something almost exactly like the pic below moving north to south.  Crossed the sky in about 15 seconds.  Looked like this video, but less V shaped and more boomerang.

Attachment Attached File

night vision / infrared ufo 002
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#43]
I just remembered this from my childhood. I didnt see shit, but still kind of creepy.

When I was a small child, we lived about 300 yards from my grandparents. To get to their house, we had walk through our apple orchard, and cross a creek that was surrounded on both sides by older large trees and brush. There was a bridge made from old pallets to cross over.

After dark, it wasn't uncommon to walk over and see them, or vise versa. My mom was very overprotective, so if it was dark, she insisted that dad carry me (I was about 4 or 5) One night he was carrying me toward the bridge and he quickly turned around and ran back to our house, scared to death. He dropped me off in the living room and ran back outside with a shotgun. Being that young, my attention span was short, so I forgot about it pretty quick.

Years later, I was in the same room when he was telling the story of that night to his brother. Apparently, as we approached the bridge he saw a huge black outline of a head with two big yellow glowing eyes that were at least 8 feet off the ground. He said whatever it was moved around, but didnt leave or give chase. It didnt make any noise either.

He told that story about 20 years ago. I asked him about it today. He said he doesn't remember it. He also is afraid of the dark and hears things all the time. I think denial is his way of convincing himself that there is nothing out there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2019 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just remembered this from my childhood. I didnt see shit, but still kind of creepy.

When I was a small child, we lived about 300 yards from my grandparents. To get to their house, we had walk through our apple orchard, and cross a creek that was surrounded on both sides by older large trees and brush. There was a bridge made from old pallets to cross over.

After dark, it wasn't uncommon to walk over and see them, or vise versa. My mom was very overprotective, so if it was dark, she insisted that dad carry me (I was about 4 or 5) One night he was carrying me toward the bridge and he quickly turned around and ran back to our house, scared to death. He dropped me off in the living room and ran back outside with a shotgun. Being that young, my attention span was short, so I forgot about it pretty quick.

Years later, I was in the same room when he was telling the story of that night to his brother. Apparently, as we approached the bridge he saw a huge black outline of a head with two big yellow glowing eyes that were at least 8 feet off the ground. He said whatever it was moved around, but didnt leave or give chase. It didnt make any noise either.

He told that story about 20 years ago. I asked him about it today. He said he doesn't remember it. He also is afraid of the dark and hears things all the time. I think denial is his way of convincing himself that there is nothing out there.
View Quote
Great story. He remembers..
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 2:11:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I voted other because I've had many experiences with ghost/spirits.  It is usually people I know or family that have died.  Often times I'll see them before I know they had died.  This is a UFO experience that I didn't see but was definately involved in.

We had friends of the family that moved to a small town south of Duncan, OK.  They had two boys, one a year older than me and another a year younger.  I was 11 or 12.  They also had a daughter the same age as my little brother.  We all got along great.  Before the move, we would play in the woods, swim, ride 4wheelers, and camp out.  Since they moved 4 hours south of us, we didn't see them very often.  In fact, this was the last time I saw the boys (parents eventually moved back to here with their daughter).

My parents had decided to drive up and spend a weekend at their house.  We had a blast exploring their new land on quads.  We had packed up water and sandwiches and left out to explore.  We returned right before dark to pitch a tent in the yard and start a fire.  Around 11:00pm we shut it down and got ready for bed.  Sometime around midnight our parents are waking us up telling us to go inside because storms are moving in.  We didn't hear any thunder or see any lightning flashes so we were kind of like "WTF".  After they hurriedly, with a sense of panic, got us inside they returned outside with only the explanation that a storm was approaching.  We could hear them talking outside so we did what we always did, grab some cups and put them against the wall so we could hear what they were saying.  Things like "WTF is that thing", "why isn't it moving", "is it going to hurt us" was what we could hear.  Any attempt to go outside was shut down very quickly.  Finally around 4:00am we were forced to go to bed.

The next morning my dad woke us up at the butt crack of dawn and told us we were leaving in an hour and to have our shit together.  Two hours into the silent ride home I finally asked what the hell was going on.  My dad casually said don't worry about it.  I asked again and this time he looked back at me and said "don't worry about it" then looked at my brother (7 or 8) and nodded his directions.  I took that to mean that he would tell me but not in front of my brother.

When we got home and settled, he hollered at me to help him with something in the garage.  He began to tell me what spooked 4 rational adults.  They had been hanging out on the deck shooting the shit when my mom looked up and saw what my dad says was a cuboid in the sky directly above them.  He said it was as big as a skyscraper, black against fast moving clouds that passed both above and in front of it.  Right before they made us go to bed it vanished.  Not fade away, just gone.  He then proceeded to sketch it out for me (probably himself).

My wife is the only person I've ever told this story to.  Years later I ran into my friends dad and asked him about it.  He told me that he never told his kids what happened and stuck to the storm story.  I asked him to describe the thing to me and he described exactly what my dad did the next day and my mother about a year later.  I don't know what they saw, but they all saw the same thing and it terrified them.
View Quote
Great story.  Thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Speaking of skunk ape... in my part of Florida, there’s a power complex that used to be nuke + coal and they broke the nuke plant so I guess just coal now. Anyways, the security people I’m friends with and some other plant workers have had sightings of some fairly large primates around the exclusion zone. Public is not allowed within about a mile of the place, there’s security fences within this zone and woods, swamp, fields outside the fences but still inside the zone where people aren’t allowed to be. The security personnel have been reporting these primate sightings for at least 20 years and I recall it’s like a family group. It’s not the small monkeys like we have near silver springs that are infested with stds, they are seeing primates about the size of gorillas.  There’s been speculation that some “pets” got loose decades ago and just took to the wild and started a colony.
View Quote
I know right where you are writing about, I have worked the woods and water around there since 1990. There are current sightings right now on the property north of there. It is a pair of them that have been seen by people driving on us19.
One night a few years ago,we were searching for a subject that ran away from the hospital near by and I was running the flir in the astar, we were on the west side of the state park and I was a looking about a quarter mile or so  in front of one of our k9s. I was seeing hogs and deer scattered around and then what i first thought was a bear eating acorns or something on the side of the road. I let the k9 unit know that a couple curves ahead there was a large bear on the trail in case you hear something run off in the woods.   I was watching this bear and usually as soon as they hear or wind somebody they take off. This thing stood up and started leaning over staring down the trail, like it was trying to see what was coming. It wasnt a bear or a person, it looked like and moved like a gorilla, it had a big head and it walked on its hind legs. We dropped down to about 500 to try to get a good recording of it as it went through the trees but lost it in the thick brush and trees. The only video i got of it was just the glow under trees.
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 11:56:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Due to a large part of my life being spent as a night owl, I have seen several UFO type objects both Unidentified and UNIDENTIFIABLE.  One incident was witnessed by several people across the county and made the news.  That was pretty darn "unidentifiable", it moved like nothing I have ever seen...not even a Tic Tac could take this thing on.

It was seeing a Pixie, however, that made me question the actual nature of the universe.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 2:08:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It was seeing a Pixie, however, that made me question the actual nature of the universe.
View Quote
@ desertmoon

I’d like to hear details about this, please.
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
That was me

I just discovered this forum yesterday , Hi to all

We haven't seen again and I'm not really sure I want to see it up close . At least not in a moment when I walking in the forest and it happens to be there .
I would love to be able to go back in time and have my camcorder ready and already filming while we were driving because I think if I had the footage it would be up there with the Patterson Gimlin film and I don't say that lightly .

It wouldn't have been as long because our sighting only lasted about 5 seconds but it was morning and nothing was obstructing our view . It was walking towards us on the side of a dirt road .
And my camcorder takes amazingly clear video . I want to state I have never claimed to have seen or encountered a Bigfoot even though that's what my friend believed was visiting his cabin .

I think it was these things , what ever they are , not a bigfoot .  We both saw it clearly and less than 100 yards away , closer to 60 or 70 yards. That is not far to see something in the daylight hours .

I know 5 seconds sounds like a short amount of time but it's not that short . 5 seconds can be a long time when you're viewing something in the day time with no trees obstructing your view .

When we went around the bend and over that hill my first words to my friend  was there's a horse in the road . Then my friend stops. Now we are both looking at it as it's walking towards us
down the road . My next words were go go get down there . It snapped him out of it and he pressed the gas and we got to the spot . I could feel my body trembling a little and was excited but also
maybe shocked at what I saw. I think my mind is still trying to actually accept it.

This is the time know I want to just make sure he saw the same thing . I say Mark tell me what you saw . He describes the exact same thing down to the gait it used , the color of the hair or fur and it's back legs even the way it seemed to just not be there as we were looking straight at it. He used the term melted away . So know we get our courage up and say well this is why we are here . I unpack my camcorder get all my gear together and we head out on the side of the forest where it was .

It was a weird day and the further I walked into the woods the less I wanted to be in there .Even though now I had my film running I just didn't want to run into this thing up close .
I didn't say that out loud but after about a half hour I said you want to start heading back to the truck. He said yes without a hesitation so he must have felt the same thing .

The woods just didn't feel right and I know it's hard to explain but I wasn't feeling comfortable out there that day. I just wanted out of there and back to the truck.

That's my story to add here . It's 100% true
Link Posted: 8/25/2019 2:44:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top