Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 11:09:38 PM EDT
[#1]
First race of the new season today at the slot and I placed 3rd,  missed second by 10 points.   That's much better than the mid pack guy I was all last season.   I remember being pretty good at F3F,  it's finally clicking in my head again after my 2 decade layoff from RC.

Here's Darrel Z. cranking over a base A turn on the way to the win today.

Link Posted: 2/20/2022 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a nice place to fly

I have a "famous maker" F3B airplane from the 90s headed my way.  Should be ready to rock when our spring winds arrive.

Also made tentative plans for Soar Utah.  I guess per the wife we are making it a family event.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 11:31:20 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not a bad spot,  has a road to the top thats nice and flat.  The site was where PG&E put this massive experimental wind turbine in the 80s between Fairfield and Benicia along 680.   It would have worked pretty good if they wouldn't have put it on the top of a big ol slope with a fat rotor fucking with the blades.

The f3B birds from the 90s flew really well,  just slower than what everybody is using today.  You'll enjoy the shit out of it.

My quiver back then was a one off ( well 10 examples ) of the Race Machine called the Barbarian that a couple of buddies of mine bankrolled,  I got the first one for free so I could do the setup and give them the numbers.  The original prototype Sting that I picked off the guy that made them at the Viking race in Portugal, a couple of Wizard Compacts since I was the guy picking up the 10 packs at SFO cause they were all coming into the USA through my house and an Acacia cause they were cheap as hell and pretty good plane as long as you were aware of " the flick " if you stalled the wing in a corner.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top