Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Ha!  Here's why I think I need the Dbox unit...I can't drift too well on concrete.  Carpet I'm a bit better on apparently.

I am going to put it on my E10 here first and see if it helps after sliding around this morning before I had any coffee and still half asleep.  Kind of forgot how fun these drifters I have can be after not running them for a while.  Had quite a few neighbors stop and watch, too.  I probably need a "true" drift car eventually to get the full experience.

Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m diggin’ the 69 Camaro man! Jelly! I had a 68 RS/SS and a 69 SS years ago. I caged and mini-tubbed the 69 and ran a 468 B.B. miss those days lol.

I got this the other day, Senton 3S BLX V3. I haven’t ran it yet. Getting ready to install the proline skid kit tonight.
Future plans are replacing the tires, prob gonna go with trenchers and eventually replace the esc with a 120 or 150 unit and run 4s as the motor will handle it no problem.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Only thing close to cool as that was a nice Firebird Formula 350 with the 300 HP in it that my uncle gave back in the late 90's.  He and my other uncle who had a built up BOSS 302 Mustang in red/black used to run up drags on 2nd street from the I-8 to Main street back in the  70's & 80's.  That was fun to ride with them as a kid!  Let's just say, it was a good thing to have had a few family members in the CHP when I lived there, lol!

That Senton is dead sexy!  My nephew got the same one, color and all and is loving it!  I met one of the guys that works at The Hobby Garage at PJ's in Scottsdale over the Holiday weekend and he showed me a pic of him jumping his and it looked like a dang UFO it was so aired out n the pic!

I was going to get one before I ran across that Losi Tenacity TT Pro I got a couple months back.  I hope you like it!
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Finally got me a TRX4.  Did me some horse tradin' locally and swapped one of my NIB SCX24 Yellow Jeeps and an old Traxxas Blast boat with no battery straight across for this TRX4 Sport.  So far, only swapped out tires/wheels for some steellies and flex-sealed the bed liner.  Going to get the front/rear light housing kits next and some brass diff covers and bumper mounts.  I have a few brushless setups but will drive it till it breaks down first, I think.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#5]
While I don't Facebook, I found this on their marketplace Friday, had my neighbor who does reach out to them and picked it up new out of box for 2 bills less than a half-hour from my house.  I wanted one for a while, but the over 400 price was a bit much for the others I have seen to just mainly sit on shelf.  Going to buy a machined 66t gear in metal, then it should be bulletproof.  Ford GT RS4.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Getting home with it got me off my butt to finally install the belt I have had for almost a year in a minty vintage Losi XXX-S RTR Sport II Sensored Brushless.  I found this car and controller on ebay and for what I got it for, figured I would try it.  I was not a fan of belt driven cars, until yesterday, ha!  This little cat jams around, handles great, easy to maintain and adjust on the fly.  I know it's all older tech, but it is in such great shape it is like it's been in a time capsule.  I see why it was liked when in production. Got 2 more belts inbound off ebay for back ups as well.  I was going to gut the sensored motor and esc to drop in a crawler or something else but it really does all come together nicely and reliably as it sits.  It drifts good, too.  Going to research my esc and see if lipo capable.  Right now running on nimh and still an impressive setup.

I also swapped tires and rims and bagged the factory ones then remembered a 1968 Protoform Camaro body for bashing I had laying around that never really had a place.  Until last night.  Drilled and trimmed the PF body to be able to tuck the wheels without sacrificing suspension functions.  I had posted it for sale or trade, locally, but now seriously reconsidering!  Enough chatter, here's the pics.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/17/2021 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Barn Find!

Was surfing the ol offerup the other morning and ran across a "free, come get it", posting.  18 minutes later I picked up this ol gal.  Some kind of HPI Sprint 2 Gt'R car with HPI bronze aluminum wheels and drift tires.

I have a few batches of electronic guts to drop in and try.  I have high hopes for this project as all parts are accounted for, bearings are smooth still, belts are beautiful and body is just right enough to not be any kind of shelf queen.  Picked up three types of new in package HPI drift wings, an A a C and a D, I believe for 15 bucks shipped, too.  Figured I might try one or two on another body down the road.

Anyhow, this one should be fun to resurrect!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And with a quick cleaning, she's not that bad!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:06:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Also,  last night, swapped another $60 traxxas blast boat I picked up too, the other day this week for this hard Jeep Cherokee top with interior, lights and some scaler stuff.  It seems to fit ok on the trx4 so far!  I also have the rest of the pieces and windows to finish this body kit, was brand new in box.  Projects!!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Not a huge Jeep Cherokee fan, but I like this!
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#8]
@Helsing76

Just getting back into rc after taking a break for 5-6yrs.

Any shops left in the west valley(west of the 101)? The two I used to frequent look to have gone out of business.

Work all over the valley so plan to check out the hobby garage at pj’s you mentioned itt and hobby action in chandler(looks like they’ve opened a new location with an indoor track now).
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@Helsing76

Just getting back into rc after taking a break for 5-6yrs.

Any shops left in the west valley(west of the 101)? The two I used to frequent look to have gone out of business.

Work all over the valley so plan to check out the hobby garage at pj’s you mentioned itt and hobby action in chandler(looks like they’ve opened a new location with an indoor track now).
View Quote

I haven't found anything west of Duncan's RC.  I go to them for 90% of the stuff I dont find on ebay or offerup.

In fact, just reminded me, I got to knowing one of the workers there and why I don't know but Friday offered me from his private collection a sealed in box B-17 Betty scx24 unit at $150 cash n carry!  I got my but down there hop-skippy you can bet!  My 4th one now, 3 sealed in boxes, one out of box user lol!  Great bunch of guys down there really.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

#2406 part of the garage now.

I just recently found The Hobby Garage at PJs and great for local selection of boats, crawlers, drag, onroad, offroad of all sizes, too.  Lots of parts on the walls as well for each.  There are also two Hobby Bench stores one off bell road and like 59th ave and another east off the I 17 a bit.  I haven't been very successful with them, but that was during the major shut down periods.  I hear the stores out east have biggest selections of models and parts, just haven't ventured out there yet.  Key word is yet, ha!

Right on, glad to hear another one of us is back into RC!

One of the out east places, Superstition Hobbies I think, has what they call a Coffee and Crawl event every now and again they said.  I like coffee, I like crawling, so may try it out.  It's also indoors, yay, no 100+ degree outside crawling!
Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I haven't found anything west of Duncan's RC.  I go to them for 90% of the stuff I dont find on ebay or offerup.

In fact, just reminded me, I got to knowing one of the workers there and why I don't know but Friday offered me from his private collection a sealed in box B-17 Betty scx24 unit at $150 cash n carry!  I got my but down there hop-skippy you can bet!  My 4th one now, 3 sealed in boxes, one out of box user lol!  Great bunch of guys down there really.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20210716_121630_jpg-2020593.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20210716_121646_jpg-2020594.JPG

#2406 part of the garage now.

I just recently found The Hobby Garage at PJs and great for local selection of boats, crawlers, drag, onroad, offroad of all sizes, too.  Lots of parts on the walls as well for each.  There are also two Hobby Bench stores one off bell road and like 59th ave and another east off the I 17 a bit.  I haven't been very successful with them, but that was during the major shut down periods.  I hear the stores out east have biggest selections of models and parts, just haven't ventured out there yet.  Key word is yet, ha!

Right on, glad to hear another one of us is back into RC!

One of the out east places, Superstition Hobbies I think, has what they call a Coffee and Crawl event every now and again they said.  I like coffee, I like crawling, so may try it out.  It's also indoors, yay, no 100+ degree outside crawling!
View Quote

Picked up a scx24 from Duncan’s earlier today.

Hobby bench hasn’t changed much at all, looked like they finally brought their prices down to be competitive. Picked up a 2wd slash there a couple weeks ago.

Looks like there’s a newer shop up by the goodwill on grand and reems called Az turn and burn. May have to check it out soon.

Used to compete in the 2.2pro crawler class(berg moa rig), raced 1/8 nitro truggy at the nitro pit and fear farm. Lots has changed in a few years it seems.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy cow!  I can't believe I hadn't heard of this AZ T&B!! Thanks for the heads up !  My wife is constantly at Trader Joe's for one thing or another and I never go because reasons .....but I may now!

Just at first glance of site, I can see a few things I'd like!  Lots of parts, bodies and some good electronic stuff.

Oh dang, event pkgs even!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Been tinkering with some brass parts and scale accessories on the TRX4 without going to bat shit crazy.  She weighs in this morning at 9lbs exactly as she sits.

Samix brass rear bumper mount flipped and swapped to front.

Attachment Attached File

In a big grab box o parts, fount a heavy Chinese off brand front brass bumper mount and servo relocation unit.  Same thing, flipped it and swapped onto back so bumpers ride higher.

Attachment Attached File

Same grab box had Samix rear portal brass with disc brake kits, so threw them on.

Attachment Attached File

3d printed lcg battery/receiver tray and thin inner fenders kits front and back then dropped body about as low as it'll go in front and all the way down in rear.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I like how the rear wells have adjustable shock positions.

Attachment Attached File

Got some recovery ropes from YetiRC yesterday and the wife found this quad on Amazon, ha!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:16:37 AM EDT
[#13]
But boy does she stick!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Couldn't find my tripod, so 2 takes with cell phone in hand!  Just a quick test of weight distribution.

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Also, I guess it's time to do a drift truck with a new body I just got, too.  Getting a light kit for the Vaterra  buckets and want to make a metal rear bumper.  I like it so far, just not 100% sold on this HPI E10 chassis.  So, off to another chassis project!

Attachment Attached File

Hmmm, maybe on the HPI Sprint 2.  Kind of liking it on this one.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Mmmmmdrrrrop!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Found some rubber road tires on black wheels for the grim reaper look.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 6:05:03 PM EDT
[#15]
TRX-4 on the dirt hill today by my office at lunch for some runs, got one on tape.  I am at 70% throttle max setting on my controller, flew off the top of this yesterday and the other side is like a 20'+ straight drop.  Luckily after about 10-12 crunches I heard, they stopped but the truck was not broken, just the quad got a bit smooshed and disconnected, ha!  Fixed it back up but probably going to leave it off now.

Link Posted: 8/19/2021 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Found another little spot off South Mountain today at lunch.  Definitely going to need a longer lunch to explore this area!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Rolled a couple times, too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Found a link to spots in the East valley we used to have competitions at, two are on south mountain.

Crawl spots

Wanting to get back into rc lightly has turned into a 2wd slash, scx24, 1.9 Capra and lasernut u4…
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Found a link to spots in the East valley we used to have competitions at, two are on south mountain.

Crawl spots

Wanting to get back into rc lightly has turned into a 2wd slash, scx24, 1.9 Capra and lasernut u4…
View Quote

Wow!

Thanks for the location links!  That's going to keep me busy for a while!  We did a bunch of SS railing and some custom SS shade structures at that site just south at Papago build-out.  When I was bidding them up to recently I did some site walks and on lunchbreak walked Papago mntn.  I didn't even think of that now that I have the crawlers!

I wanted also to get in lightly and instead ran into the light n the front of the train, more like it, ha!  In fact, just Saturday picked up my 5th Betty scx24, #5840 to add to the stable.  Came with box and sealed stuff as well as some 10.4g wheel weights and Power Hobby shocks.  I didn't want another one ands I watched it sit on Offerup for $160 for like 2-weeks before I sent a msg.  Turns out it was a younger guy I had also bought a Traxxas ID charger from a few months ago just 13 minutes from me.  So, not sure when this mess is going to stop.

I added a set of green Treal steering links is all and she crawls awesome!  I have two pairs of Bang RC rock sliders in black inbound.  I have another out of the box Betty I won off ebay recently and Axial is actually sending a new remote for it that I am awaiting.  This way I don't continue to bash up their bottom body rails.  Plus I really like the 3d printed rock sliders now that I have them on a lot of my others.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Excuse the Miss Kitty screaming at it wanting a piece, lol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:20:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Got out last Saturday morning to that S. Mountain area and wow, what a blast!  Spent three hours there and didn't even begin to get all areas tried out!  After seeing how my cousins TRX4 Sport did with 2.2's out there, I also swapped mine out to 2.2's Saturday night.  Good news is that it looks like weather is breaking this week, so am going to try and get out this Saturday morning to try the 2.2's.  I am happy with them so far just trying them in my back yard.  Kind of feels like cheating though as it makes things much easier to get.

Didn't get as much video or pics as we wanted because it got warm pretty quickly and we wanted to try areas all over but here's a short run on top of a mountain we climbed with the trucks just off table 9 back towards Downtown Phx.

And some pics of the site.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Oh, and the new 2.2 shoes!  Ol school Proline Moabs with trimmed foam on alum beadlocks.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Then I found some little silver plastic header collectors off a parts Gravedigger cheapo rc.  Found a way to screw them in for some bit of look, lol!  I just couldn't find a nice spot up front without choppin stuff and the tires rubbed on full turn, so mid engine look it is!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Also, going back to basics on this yellow scx24 I had sitting around bone stock.  So, I found some things in my parts drawer to toss on.  Power Hobby brass front knuckles, a grey Treal front steering link, some Punisher 3d printed wheel with wider stance I got off ebay and some Axial Rock Lizard tires I have a couple sets of sitting around.  For a cheap weight fix for just a hint over 15grams, I hot glued three shiny nickels to my steering servo and this little Jeep climbs like a champ with some wicked angles!  Before I swapped or spent more money on shocks, I tried that scooting the front shocks back to mount to frame and that is actually doing a lot to help, not hurt things!

Front view of the twist and grab it does.  Kind of happy with this one the way it is.  I may replace the nickels with a front diff cover, but like the laughs it gets.  I can also say, "I bet you $0.15 cents I can out climb you!"

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#22]
So missed the boat when the blue/black Mint 400 1st series came out and also missed getting one of the 400 Mint 400 Baja Rey trucks that came out in red & black.  I finally found one the other day and worked up a killer deal, LNIB just set out on display and it showed up today.  Pretty cool change up from the normal Baja Rey trucks.  On the shelf she goes!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 6:59:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 8:12:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Lol!!

Maybe, but I will say my back room is getting a little smaller and it was initially designed as a third car garage that I turned into a closet-less room so it's not "small".

I do find it fun to tease the wife, slick back my hair, put on some aviators and practice my used car sales techniques on her when she comes looking for me back there though.

"We're slashing prices, not tires; you'll need those and cash for what you're about to experience!"

Then she laughs, drops off some ice cold apple juice and walks back to watch her murder shows.

I will state that she did really like the new red and black one, though!
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Yesterday morning crawling was a blast with the 2.2's and bigger tires out at South Mountain yesterday.  We were all over the place tables 1-9. So much fun that I didn't get any pics and only a few videos around table 1.  There was a basking 4' long Diamondback snake on the rocks that we walked past twice and didn't notice so I figured we better pay attention, lol!

Link Posted: 9/26/2021 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Dang it, two more Vaterra 72 Chevy barn finds from this past Friday morning.  Again around 20 minutes from my office.  Dude wanted $150 for both so I gave him $160, lol.  One brushless(blue n white) and one brushed(black).  A few scuffs but was mainly smudges from handling.

Since I already have the black body on an HPI, I gave the black Vaterra to my cousin yesterday so he can start his first street truck project.  Both run fast, too, especially the brushless one I got.  He has a Traxxas Velineon and esc from his Slash Ultimate he's going to try in the brushed one.  Have to tune my dx5c radio to mine and I'll be gtg.  His needs a radio/receiver, which we have plenty of extras.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Got mine as cleaned up as she's getting.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Also found this green C10 top for $30 a week or so ago.  Now will need another chassis, I guess.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 1:02:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Yeesh, about time to manicure the test course out back, lol!  Some coffee crawlin this morning before it started to sprinkle and the wife & pup got up.

Thanks to BenP and an scx24 swap we did, I got a few things, including a new HW 1080 esc in there.  Got an upgraded servo I need to get put in he gave me, too.  Going to check if I have the 9/45 setup in it and get a HH pre-wired 13T brushed Crawlmaster Pro 550 motor in her next along with a HH SHV800 servo when they arrive.  Got 2 SHV800's for $112 each while HH is having the sale through Sept.  Just happy how it's doing now and no rubbing!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Liking the shv800 so far on raw 4s power. Makes me want to go direct power on all my stuff now, no more bec’s.
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#31]
One thing I noticed Saturday was how warm to borderline hot the stock TRX4 servo was getting in mine with the HW 1080 programmed correctly and on 3s 30c.  My cousins "upgraded" Traxxas 400 TRA225 servo was cool as a cucumber with his running the stock Traxxas esc and 3s 30c.  Probably what is to be expected but should be no problems after new ones arrive!  You can really tell how cruddy stock reverse control is now, though side by side.

Oh, and I am gonna just stay off the internet for a while, lol!  I found this Axial SXC10 III and picked it up yesterday with box and extras pictured, 2 batteries for $185 to add to the garage find portion of my "museum".  Thought it was too good to be true, but I guess it wasn't, lol!  Super nice - like minded seller and once again, within 30 minutes form my office.  I did not even get a chance yesterday to look at it with my schedule last night, so will blow it off and clean it up today, later.  Did not come with the neat interior parts/role cage or manual but that is ok, ebay here I come!  Edit:  Oh wait, upon closer look, it did!

So, now yet another rig to learn how to maximize results on!  I have been wanting to try one of these models as well, but the right deal never came up I was able to catch first dibs on till this one.  Going to be a busy fall/winter for this kid!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Blew her off real quick at work, not bad under all that dust, actually.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Super smooth, nice running rig actually.  Just a bit top heavy but not too bad.

Link Posted: 10/1/2021 7:25:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Nice score! I need to find a cheap one to steal the drivetrain for a flat rail belly dragger build.

Noticed a new shop getting ready to open down by chambered on Roosevelt and Estrella parkway by the way. They’re on Instagram as azrchobbies and azrc hobbies for Facebook.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:16:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks!

I am wanting to do the same, build a scattergun flat railed dragger.  Got most of the parts, just need to get on ordering their rails!

I will look into the RC shop off Estrella, that is super close to me compared to every other storefront shop.  I don't do the facebook but my wife does so I will have her check it out for me, too.

Well, I am staying off the Offerup this weekend, lol!  Just getting ridiculous over here .  Just wrangled up another $140 2-fer deal from a seller on these two SCX24's a LNIB Red Deadbolt and another Betty B-17, #3330 has now joined the Ol' Museum.  Which is OK since I have other bodies and projects I have had now with no more donor SCX24 trucks.  Think I may turn this "Redbolt" into a buggy chassis, finally or maybe a custom Blue Betty.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Yessss!  HH gear arrived today!  Going out to China Wall tomorrow morning and will be last run with stock gear.  Waiting for aluminum motor mount, then will swap motor and servo in one swoop!

Attachment Attached File

Thx to BenP for sending me a video from RC Review on using my HW 1080 esc programming unit to tune my stock SCX10iii esc!  I also dropped a new dig servo in and got my dig working with carefully set endpoints now and she's all tuned as well to take for maiden voyage in the wild tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, besides China Wall being close to state trust land(?) now aaaand my brand new dig servo frying one direction, it was a great day once we circled back to White Tanks on a hill we like.  So not many action shots or video but here's these.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Saw posts from people that were at China wall yesterday and today? Had to look up their map as I had no idea where it was.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 2:26:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Well as soon as the server starts a speakering engrish and I can see the pics, I am super interested.

Hmmm, I guess I need to take the guy at Duncan's invitation to meet out there and join the NVCC group he recommended and go with someone in the know, first. Just got lost out there as how to access it.  Could see it, couldn't get to it without disregarding some signs.

In the meantime, I am ready for another attempt at it though as I forgot I had some HR 15mm hextensions and decided to install them for less top wobble and put my heavier 1.9 setups in steelies and TSL Boggers on for some more lcg.  Night and day already in backyard tests this am.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Also found my front driveshaft on trx4 sport was binding/sticking on a chewed up spline.  Found an rc4wd hardened one for $15 bucks shipped and it came in yesterday and got installed this morning. Super smooth and a bit heavier, too.  Win-win.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#38]
I unfortunately re-activated my fb because most things rc moved there from the forums.

I’ve seen Daniel from Duncan’s post in the north valley crawler crew group. It seems to be a pretty active group with people meeting up every day.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I think that's the guy.  I recall he carries tools in a burrito bag, lol.  That thing was funny/cool as shit.

I'd like to get like a 4-8 guy group that could stay mildly as dedicated as I can and just operate through week with text and wrench then run on weekends.  I don't want to rejoin fb as I have been off there for over 10 years. If I see something for sale on there, I just have my wife or neighbor engage them for me.  Has worked great so far!

Oh yeah, I also sent you an IM with an item number to watch for that cheap donor you were looking into.

Your pic started to show for me finally and this is exactly where we pulled in, there a brand new shiny fence with State Trust Land and do not trespass, no motor vehicles right there.  The gate was wide open but cousin and I were in my work truck, not my Jeep or F150 4x4 so we opted not to try and figure it out.  But yup, thats exactly where we were and what I saw for wall and crawl as we drove by slowly since no traffic was behind us on the overpass/bridge at wash.

The wheel swap on the 10iii got me one step closer to happiness with my lcg Bronco build too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:09:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Having the same issue on my end with pictures showing up in threads. Just shows boxes until 12ish hours later.

There’s about 800 members in that groups, don’t think it would too difficult to find a few guys that committed.

Have a toddler, another on the way, house projects to get done before the new one comes etc so I’m limited currently.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Wow, that is a relatively active/large group then. Actually sounds like there would be members there even much more committed than we are!

Totally understand where you are and congratulations! It has been many years for me, but we Dad's never really stop. I sent you an IM this am in case you ever get time or just want to shoot the breeze!
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Been out enjoying the weather as well as few more new rigs and parks.  So I thought I would stop by & update, enjoy!

New RedCat Marksman, does great at North Mountain.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/9/2021 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#44]
And for what has become my two favorites for some reason and they are two SCX10II Trail Honchos with a little bit of customizing, of course.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And my other one, it came with factory body and a blue Ford body but I like it with my Vaterra body, actually!  Thanks again to Say10 for the Tires/Wheels and driveshaft the other day, too!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/9/2021 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#46]
I like this North Mountain place.  It has washes and mountains.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/9/2021 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Oh crap, also forgot that I picked this giant beast up for $360 the other day with a dx5c that I gave my cousin since I already have one.  Losi 1/6 Super Rock Rey!

Not sure what the heck I am going to do with this, lol!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Had a blast at White Tanks on Saturday!  Was able to burn up two stock servos finally in one of my Honchos and in my TRX4 Sport.  Put a HH BLS SHV800 in the Sport and a Hitec HS-7950TH in the Honcho.  Wow!  What a difference!  Going to get out to N. Mountain this afternoon to really try em out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 11:39:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Found out that new rc shop by us is up and running, AZRC, and one of their patrons built this for them!  I went in the other day to buy and order more parts and the owner said, "Heck yeah, bring your SCX24's in to test out and run on this."  So, spent a couple hours there yesterday with a few rigs and going again today after work with a few more.  Killer course and this yellow weighted Jeep is doing the best so far!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Put some brass knuckles, HR high clearance links and aluminum wheels with Hobby Plus CR-18 Grabbers.  So far, so good!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top