Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got a quick question for the SCX24 crew....what is best/max size battery to fit in battery tray and fit under the body of my Chevy's?

Looking to upgrade in the next week or so, maybe less but want to - buy once, cry once so to speak.

Thanks!
View Quote

Right now I been using the stock batteries that came with my 3 but I am going to order a couple of these from amain to try.
430mah 30c Venoms
https://www.amainhobbies.com/venom-power-axial-scx24-2s-30c-lipo-battery-7.4v-430mah-vnr15206/p1227045

Attachment Attached File

I have these lights on order for my Chevy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Axial-SCX24-Headlights-Bumper-Lights-Chevy-C10-Fog-Light-1-24-Scale-Crawler/233783223830?epid=17037446374&hash=item366e90e616:g:lfsAAOSwnRpfrw87

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:28:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I bought a Spin Master 1/24 RC Grave Digger that was new in box off ebay. I won the bid for under $20. I put batteries in it and tested it out and as expected, it sucked! Lol.

Exactly like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Jam-Official-Digger-Control/dp/B07HGR2C1G

View Quote

Aw, dang alright.  Mine is 1/16 I think.  So probably use it for my can-am conversion effort.

Thank you for the link and info, yours looks perfect!  Off to the bay of eeeeeees!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Those lights are going to look nice and scale.  Hopefully they are bright because first thing I noticed is the loss of low light shine.  I miss it.  So I ordered two more Axial prt #201001 bumpers with lights so I will have the white and bright ones back.  I would like to get a set of the orange for the look since I also got two of these today, just type KYX A24035 as that is the mfgr number.  They are two aluminum front stock cnc milled factory looking bumpers to match my rear ones coming.  I am going to wrinkle black powder coat one set for the black n gray model and polish up other set to match the chrome ones.

Attachment Attached File

The orange lights would be sweet in those bumpers.  They are on my watch, too.  I recognized the picture and angle when you posted it.  I did buy some green ones for my Betty's, too.  Going to be a cool mod and the open plugs are there.

Thanks for the battery links and info as well!  I am awaiting an answer on dims for a 2 pack of 650mah 70c with adapter to ensure battery will fit and may be trying those as well as pick one of these up or have my cousin get one so we can compare.

Super fun rigs though man!

ETA: Got an answer and made an offer on 4, lol.  Won them for $74.02 shipped/tax this morning.  Guess they come with two chargers, too.  Still going to pick up a s150 charger, too.  Awesome seller, great comms and shipping tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#4]
So those led's liquidflesh1349 referenced and I had on my watch list already just got bought.  I was watching them, a pink set of their lights for wife's Jeep model and two green ones for my Betty's.  Just got three offers from the same seller and nabbed em up this am!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Hmmm, also won more new takeoff Monster crap for my Rock Rey's, too.  I'm like a Monster Magnet and it's starting to get weird, lol!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 12:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Just picked up one of these tops new for $22.42 shipped/tax.  Figured what the heck, might as well try to make it work!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Also nabbed this up for $15 total, too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Because I saw you can take it off, strip stickers and do this with the SCX24 chassis!  A pal at work is going to 3d print me a roof rack with a way to mount lights low and in front instead....  You sunuvabich, I'm in!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:43:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Got to dig these little cork/wine bottle led strings!  Also found the black bumper is quite a bit more flexible than chrome one so I curved it and tucked under front of body on this dark grey one.  Two things happened, one I was able to gain some approach angle at corners and two the lights now flood out more.  Nice little mod.  Can trim bumper back to completely eliminate any rub, or just leave it tucked as is.  It barely runs at full twist & flex and not enough to matter if you don't want to go cutting up your bumper.  Green led's should work really nice on the dark grey 2 door Jeep body since windows are blacked out and body is solid.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Started foaming, texturing and trying prime paint combos that don't eat the foam, lol!  Fingers crossed we guessed correctly on most of this one...updates to follow, good or bad.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:36:02 AM EDT
[#10]
First dusting with Rust-oleum Stone in Sienna.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Damn that looks great. This thread seriously has me wanting a crawler. I've been eyeing a SCX10 II build kit at my LHS. I might just have to see if its still there this week.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you!  I would totally suggest getting one.
I didn't even want one and well, after that Bender purchase you can see here it was all....uphill from there, lol!!  This thread contains my first crawler purchase and the ones that have followed and I have tried to document everything good, bad and indifferent in all of them to me.  But different drive styles will yield different results.  These have tried and tamed my patience for sure.  I now look forward to timely builds, their repair and upgrade processes and trail runs.  Man, if I had an open checkbook...

Here's a video after 1st dusting cured.  Stuffed on some dark brown grout in some areas, let it cure and threw 2nd and final coat on and it's curing overnight.  This rock pile is first of a three phase mountain set, sooo, stay tuned!

Also moved the inside setup to garage and threw some more stucco chunks on a bigger piece of wood on some Stanley saw horses that are on sale through 20th at Ace Hardware for $19.99 a pair, fyi!  I bought a few sets.  Good times and these can sure get it on inclines, too!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:27:56 PM EDT
[#13]
So the seller that I bought all the fog lights from threw in a couple items they 3d printed.  A Rubbermaid cooler and a Jerry can.  Pretty darn cool!
Attachment Attached File

I also got in the other two Jeep bumpers with hardware and frame rail brackets that I didn't get with my first one.  Turns out if you use the Jeep brackets and mounts on the C10, you can get that narrow bumper tucked up and in even further!!  So now AoA is best AoA as far as using stock plastic parts and just swapping around.  I'll have to swap out to the Jeep mount on my mint colored C10 tomorrow.  I always get asked, why do you get so many models.  Well, because 9 times out of 10 there are little differences and I will take parts of one to add to or replace on another to make it my own.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Also got my new batteries in and run time seems to be a bit longer.  More out of the hole but same top speeds with added weight of battery.  They barely fit, just have to get the strap off to the side so it doesn't double up in thickness and make it to hard to shut the top and pin it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:05:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the foam obstacles.  I am guessing you are using regular expanding foam?  Does painting make the surface slick?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I like the foam obstacles.  I am guessing you are using regular expanding foam?  Does painting make the surface slick?
View Quote

These obstacles are really the way to go.  Super light, too.  Funny you mention the paint as here is what we found....first, second, third applications - don't touch it and let cure overnight in between coats.  It turns the expanding foam stuff in the spray can (yes, that is exactly what we are using @ like $7-$8 per can) into slick, snot like surface and will smear if you touch it.  Once cured, however, it is traction central!  If you use a primer coat like the grey primer we used, it doesn't stay as snotty for long and cures pretty quickly allowing us to use the textured paint quicker.  Also, the grout cured up in some areas really adds grip, too.  I am sure there may be other (possibly better) ways to get to the end result, but we were shooting for low costs, low mess making them, lightweight and overall effectiveness of climbs and traction.  So far we've felt successful in our goals and keep using others as a reference to do ours.  Kind of a collaboration of ideas.  With more room and more money we'd be banging away on this like crazy haha!

Here's the next phase starting, a medium sized, two piece mountain range on a 4'x4' O.A. footprint that I think we are tunneling through(not sure yet), but will have popsicle stick type bridges since my wife got us 2,000 of them that will lead to other mountains and the original "Rubble Hill".  This is just the base, going to be probably 3 times as high to the peak when done.

Got to build big because my dumbass fell into yet four more of these SCX24 units today on a local classifieds and after selling yet another knife, had some scratch leftover after putting the initial knife purchase money back in the bank and picked these up with that.  They all work and just as good as my new ones, a couple usage scuffs and a little dusty which I will blow off later with compressor.  260 dollars later....

Attachment Attached File

Intent is to clean these up as loaners for others that may want to try while visiting and we are jamming and two will become rock racer projects with complete chassis kits other than what they have now.  Maybe the Hot Racing one for starters.  Already have a bunch of different shock and tire/wheel combos inbound as well to make a sweet couple of customs out of these cheaper finds instead of cracking into my new ones too deep just yet.

Also won this darn thing yesterday and got it headed this way already at $148 shipped/tax, too.  It is an ECX 24 Barrage.  Discontinued and still new in box, so I said, "What the heck."  So I am done with anymore 1/24th scaler units...I think, lol!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#17]
You definitely are the king of RC deals!  

Since you grabbed an ECX you gotta get a Panda Hobby for the complete micro crawler collection.

The Pandas come with oil filled shocks, weighted wheels/tires, full working lights(reverse, brake etc), 3 speeds and the 3rd speed is quick as hell.

They have quite a few different models.

RC Saylors ugh
Mini SCALE RC Car Crawler - Panda Hobby Sport Tetra K1- TheRcSaylors

Got $130? Go Off-Roading! Panda Hobby Tetra X1 Scale Mini RC Crawler Review | RC Driver

Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, I did find a nice shinny penny on the ground about a year ago so it's got to be about dry by now, lol!

The little trucks form yesterday's haul cleaned up so very nice and all climb/function great!

Thanks for posting those vids!  I have been looking at these from a previous post of that old pickup.  Probably will get one or two sooner or later, ha!  Not bad at all, really.

Since local Hobby Lobby stores are having 40% off boxed models sale this week, I picked up these two yesterday on the discount so I can try my hand at custom crawler hardbodies and maybe half bodies with rear cages(I though "half-hard" bodies might sound strange).

Attachment Attached File

Got this one today from a different HL.  Still 40% off guys!  I figured if I can't get good enough to make hard tops for these SCX24's, then we will just make these model trucks more like permanent course decorations of the trucks that didn't quite make the cut.

Attachment Attached File

Also a little more progress on one half of mountain on my cousin's course build from yesterday.  Structuring elevation changes and hill climbs and gnawing out/roughing stacked foam edges.  Also starting to mess around with popsicle stick bridge assemblies.

Not sure why videos are so grainy but here's a "Better" one of the earlier posted Phase 1 Mntn.  It shows detail of paint a little better after cure.

Indoor Mountain Course Phase 1
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#19]
This one from yesterday's haul is kind of growing on me.  Like I said, after blowing them off, they were all super clean like this one.  Actually climbs the best buuut, will front flip faster on declines.  No biggie, just got to be ready for it.  Also got a couple Spektrum S150's show up today.  Highly recommended.  Had issues already with a couple USB chargers and knew they wouldn't last forever.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Picked up two of these today at lunch.  K, all done with 1:24 scale model purchases. This should be enough for some cool hard tops!

Attachment Attached File

I have this opened kit less axles and tires/wheels F-350 dually coming for $13 bucks and it will be the one I try first.  Just need it to get here!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Finally made rubber meet mountain #1 on cured course formation  Definitely hooks up without much of any slip.  Really liking both Deadbolts.  Great stuff!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Also some short vids showing traction in areas.

My cousin started building the second of three mountains earlier this week and I got a shot of the progress so far.  This is hopefully going to have two caves with flickering red campfire light in a 3d printed campfire if we can pull it off.  The burlap flex and other popsicle stick bridges to and from each mountain set is coming as well.  We plan on a pizza n beers night tonight to keep going on tis build as well as install/swap out some hop up parts that arrived today for us both.

Burlap flex netting that makes excellent bridge material.  Can add sticks or shrubbery as well for the mossy grown over look.

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Finished the factory bumper delete on my latest Black Dahlia Chevy.  Tucked those orange running lights in a CRC JL bumper kit, trimmed the front body "fangs" under headlights at corners and cleaned up the chopped up front fender job the previous owner did for whatever reason.  Probably going to get some finer Dremel sanding/stone bits and hit the wheel wells one last time.  Not totally happy with the driver's side.  Definitely the way to go for AoA clearances!  Also have some more Hot Racing steering links and aluminum HR front bumper mounts inbound for this one and all the other rigs.  This one will get the first one of the next batch to arrive.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:42:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Another perfect upgrade in one of my Deadbolts was the brass wheel weights.  Super fun grip and traction now!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

This Deadbolt got the HR metal front bumper mount and HR steering links this morning.  Got the cooler and gas gan loaded and ready to trail!
Headed to cousins here shortly to continue on our monster three piece mountain.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Not sure how much weight you added but the stock SCX24 motors don't last too long when weighted down. My daughters boyfriends SCX24 is modded with wheel weights, extended axels, brass diff covers and metal links and it shit the bed the other night lol.
It's fairly common with these mods tho, gonna throw in a barrage motor soon.

I did a simple mod to my SCX24 Chevy's shocks, I scoured the house and work for ink pens and harvested their springs. Found a set that adds a bit more height to the truck and seems to do well.. I know you can just stretch the stock springs for added clearance but I just wanted to
see what I can achieve with some pen springs lol.

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Oh man, I like the pen spring way of thought!  I like that idea.  We also have some shocks on the way.  I have two sets of Hobby Plus and two sets of Carisma shocks on the way.  Supposed to increase travel some as well as having a very light oil fill to improve dampening/friction movement.  I should try the pen or misc spring trick on another one though.  I have a box full of Interstate Battery pens.....

So weight-wise, I added approximately 29 grams to my Deadbolt and it hasn't phased it in the least, just sticks to course muuuuch better.  Now my cousin on the other hand went and stacked a cool 80+ grams onto his with a combo of big brass diff covers with skidplates, steering knuckles and wheel weights.  His C10 is way better and as we were finishing his up last night I read your post out loud and he commented, "Well, we were just looking at getting a bunch of Barrage motors and motor plates...."  So now we are aware of what happened in your daughter's boyfriends instance and will be watching/listening for the sounds of a stressed electrical motor.  Unless it just stops, lol.  Our hopes are that if we bust or stress anything, it's going to be on our latest mountains sections project!!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The wheel weights were same as mine but his had little disc brake cooling marks milled into them.  Nice touch but I didn't get a pic of them on I just realized.

The biggest PITA is them China men sent wrong length hardware as well as miscounted qty of screws on some parts.  Luckily my cousin inadvertently overcame that as he ordered the stainless misc. screw kit at the same time for these rigs and we found what we needed to finish the job.  So, I would suggest getting one or two screw kits and save a bunch of $ over ACE Hardware runs for onesie-twosie crap.

Things we were ready for and had to adjust based on what we added and read in your post was we had to adjust/tighten servo saver (we can see how these mods impact function for sure and now very aware we may blow through servos and or motors, etc.).  Also had to flip wheel nuts so nylock grabs first.  It appears the brass knuckles and wheel weights has widened the unit slightly and we lost a few mm of threads on front axles.  Not sure if extended front axle shafts are a thing, but it's working now.  Lost a couple nuts on trial runs, found them and figured it out.  Just some observations to be ready for if one were to decide to get into weights and measures for these little beasts!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Oh yeah, last nights mountains progress!!  These are three sections being constructed across three 2' x 4' x 1/4" thick plywood flats.  So 4' x 6' on this set.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:33:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Your course setup looks great! I'm still planning out mine. I have acquired a bunch of fiberglass trays from work that we are going to start building on, I believe they are 2 feet wide by 3 1/2 feet long, I have I think 8. We are going to make each tray different using a variety of misc foam, wood, popsicle sticks, spray foam etc. It will be totally modular and we can connect each tray via a bridge. Also, since its on trays it will be easier to store in the garage.

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks!

There you go!  You're getting it together it sounds like!  That is how these three and the one independent foam hill is now.  We are trying to see if we will be able to set all four up against one wall run and traverse in different directions with different feel.  All trial and error for now, luckily not too much error yet!  Even these big sections are stupid light.  A child can easily move these around.  Once completed, this 3-pc. section will be set on the floor.  The small foam hill and the next mountain ranges course will be the bigger one, I think.  Or, we may go with a more stationary outside course along one side of my house.  Figuring on tarping course when not in use and having EZ up for shade.

Gave the wife one of her Vday gifts this morning, her CRC JL Jeep model.  Took forever to get her outta bed while she was too busy crawling er Jeep over blankets and pillows, lol!  Put the pink lights in for her, too and headed to cousins to pick up the small foam course.  We're going to set it on coffee table and crawl while we watch stuff on the big screen, lol!

Attachment Attached File

Lol, picked up the little mountain and we’ve been having a fun ol time on it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 1:23:16 PM EDT
[#29]
I got one of these coming this week:

Attachment Attached File

It’s a Redcat 1/8 6S Kaiju basher. My wife got it for me for our anniversary and should be here Wednesday or Thursday. Not sure if I’ll be allowed to mess around with it or not being our anniversary is not til next month lol..

Anyways, I’m a big fan of Redcat as they have really stepped up their game in the crawler and basher arena with their Gen 8 Crawlers (next on my to get list) and the kaiju and shredder trucks.

Gonna start out easily on 4s and work my way to 6 once the weather gets warmer. 50-60mph demon.

Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#30]
My-My!  That is a beast!  Congrat's on the anniversary!  My cousin and I have been eyeballing the LMT (Losi Monster Truck) and the Traxxas Hoss which now that I see this Redcat, is kind of similar at first glance.

I too have been more aware of Redcat stuff lately.  Traded a clean but older Redcat drift car for one of the SCX24's and almost didn't want to, ha!

I almost got that Black Gen8 crawler lnib from a guy I know for $250.  Thought it over too long and he sold it.  Kind of bummed I missed that as it came with batteries, charger and a few "upgrades".

Oh well surely here can't win them all, lol!

I still haven't heard when my b-day Ryft will ship but patiently awaiting comm.'s!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Oh boy, those new tires, wheels and shocks came in today and just finished up the front end on one of the Black Dahlias.  Much happiness in the air!  Probably going to make new rear shock towers as I want the travel but would like to maintain a slight rake.  Also had to loose the wheel weights as they don't fit within these particular beadlock wheels. Oh well, got other brass coming to make up for it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#32]
And super duper on the foam rock hill.  May have to snip a smidgen off the rear fender wells, but no biggie if so.  Also have a couple other bodies coming and to try before I go chopping this one more.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Stock setup on right, new setup on left.  Noticeable difference.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Leveled comparison.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 4:21:50 AM EDT
[#34]
You Carolina Squatted your truck! Lol!
Attachment Attached File

Any binding of the front driveshaft at that extended height increase during severe angle articulation?

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Lmao!!  Back home we called it the "Ramona Rake", "Lakeside Lean".... East County Boys(and not the "gang", lol) will know what I'm talkin' bout'.  

Absolutely no binding, no clicking, no ticking.  I haven't noticed any rub on the Y's either.  Out of the bag, tires weren't sticky as stockers but they seemed to come around after cleaning them off, the 7mm hubs were tight and kind of stressed the rim.  Not cracked and a skim of clear epoxy will have em all stitched up next time I have some out.  Should have got an extra set of hexes and nail filed to fit.  A bit more top heavy now so have to compensate for now till brass lower parts arrive.  That's about it for the negatives column.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Once I either find or make new rear shock towers, I'm going to leave it and keep the ass end anchored for now.  The front is slightly limited currently by lack of rear travel, so I am motivated to get to the rear setup reconfigured soon.  I've also got a Hot Racing front axle housing and steering link set to get on her.  Should tighten the steering up nice for smoother action/control.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:14:17 PM EDT
[#36]
A little more field report.  Noticed a slight rub mark as seen in pics and a little dust like shavings on front Y link member after some trial runs on this monster this afternoon.  So, moved the front shocks to share the body post mount holes which brought the rake down slightly without sacrificing travel. So, might still rub the driveshaft at some point of flex but my battery died and had to run for dinner.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:18:42 PM EDT
[#37]
New front shock mount location on stock body post location.  Nice because it dropped that ht. a little, too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Going to work on the rears using the currently unused rear body post mount locations.  Get rid of the rake, mostly if not completely, too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Oooook, sooo glad I just did the rear.  Mucho betta!  Used the rear body mounts to a killer advantage for not having to get any new parts, just new, longer hardware, some shrink tube and some o-rings.  Charging battery then off to small course trials.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Got the Hot Racing steering links on as well.

Attachment Attached File

Seems to do well on the mountain so far!  All in all, tighter steering, more ground clearance, more travel, taller tires, wider stance, better looking, smoother suspension action, barely any rubbing (none on front fenders and barely on un-trimmed rears at full twist)...what's not to love?

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Yikes!  Way more flex.  Not slamming shocks any more to bottom out on little stuff.  Got a new metal gear servo and Shapeways servo tray to fit the servo into on its way and will update this rig and get some weight on the axles.  Will put the HR alloy front axle housing on when servo arrives, too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#40]
That Chevy is looking sweet! Seems to crawl great too!

My Kaiju arrived yesterday but haven’t had a chance to run it yet.

Here it is next to the Arrma
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/315537/740B313F-5C9E-4D42-BD0A-589866C1DDC8_jpe-1832055.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/315537/2A9CA1C4-0FB3-4B10-A5BC-3CECEE7C2AA1_jpe-1832058.JPG
View Quote

Let me know how you like that Kaiju.  It seems to get good reviews and Redcat seems to be making big improvements.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:28:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/315537/740B313F-5C9E-4D42-BD0A-589866C1DDC8_jpe-1832055.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/315537/2A9CA1C4-0FB3-4B10-A5BC-3CECEE7C2AA1_jpe-1832058.JPG
View Quote

Thanks again!  It does well and should only get a little better here soon with strategic weight placements.  Just took it by the hobby shop on lunch hour as I had to get a Spektrum 309 battery adapter for my S150 and had 5 employees snapping pics and asking lots of questions.  Those guys & gal at Duncan are very cool to work with and show & tell some things with.

Wow, that is a beast, dwarfs the Arrma a bit!  Did it come with a wheelie bar?  It looks like it could get rad enough to need one!  I like the lid and the color.  For sure report back to us either in here or somewhere on that thing!  The roosts off those tires could look sweet in slow-mo...juuuust sayinnnn'
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:45:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Let me know how you like that Kaiju.  It seems to get good reviews and Redcat seems to be making big improvements.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will do! I should get to run it Saturday or Sunday hopefully.

Yeah redcat really has been stepping up their game with their newer stuff. My daughter just bought a Tornado EXP Pro last week and her boyfriend bought a Blackout SC Pro also. He also has a Gen 7 Pro.

Attachment Attached File

My next one is going to be a Gen 8 V2.

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:51:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thanks again!  It does well and should only get a little better here soon with strategic weight placements.  Just took it by the hobby shop on lunch hour as I had to get a Spektrum 309 battery adapter for my S150 and had 5 employees snapping pics and asking lots of questions.  Those guys & gal at Duncan are very cool to work with and show & tell some things with.

Wow, that is a beast, dwarfs the Arrma a bit!  Did it come with a wheelie bar?  It looks like it could get rad enough to need one!  I like the lid and the color.  For sure report back to us either in here or somewhere on that thing!  The roosts off those tires could look sweet in slow-mo...juuuust sayinnnn'
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My daughters boyfriend bought the Hot Racing Shocks for his SCX24 and the barrage motor, should have it wrapped up this weekend.

The Kaiju does have a wheelie bad and a stout one at that with rubber wheels instead of plastic on some.

Attachment Attached File

I like this guys rc videos, he does a standing Triple back flip in the first 10 sec of this video and beats the hell out of the Kaiju.

Redcat KAIJU Jump Bashing and LIPOS

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Dang, that Tornado's stance/shape reminds me of the ol Ofna 1/8 scale buggy back in early 2000's.  Very well balanced, especially in the air!

Good gravy, that SC truck looks like their getting their game up for sure!  Almost reminds me of a Losi SCT at first glance.

I will also probably acquire one of those Gen 8 V2's myself one day here soon.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My daughters boyfriend bought the Hot Racing Shocks for his SCX24 and the barrage motor, should have it wrapped up this weekend.

The Kaiju does have a wheelie bad and a stout one at that with rubber wheels instead of plastic on some.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/315537/8140F572-76B4-4368-B99A-012D4A3A5758_jpe-1832429.JPG

I like this guys rc videos, he does a standing Triple back flip in the first 10 sec of this video and beats the hell out of the Kaiju.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttlzhMb0N9Q
View Quote

Whoa!  That thing RIPS!  Slow-mo's shots are cool and it can take a tumble!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Some more flex shots from last night.  Seems to just get better and better, lol.  Got a quick vid of probably the steepest and hardest way to get up the little foam hill.  Dang, she gets it even with A/T tread pattern and little effort.  Just a little rear fender rub at twist up.  I have yet to trim them is why.  Still on the stock motor and pinion gear, too.  Going to be real sweet with that brass I bet.

I will go ahead and say these mods were worth it, unlike most of the time when you lift a truck, lol!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#48]
And the section in video is no joke a steep step up....can kind of see where the rubbing on passenger rear made the noise in first pic.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Also finally getting around to modding a Deadbolt into an F250, then long travel it, too.  Of course, the light bar has buckets so will be getting that figured out as well soon.  Off to ACE for some adhesive taped velcro!  BRB....

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Edit:

Well sweet, that worked out.  No drilling and almost hard to get it back off, lol.  Now to try and find extensions for my lights...also slid the front bumper back into the chassis as far as it would go after this vid. and the front of the body sits perfectly right above it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:39:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, the lights came out clean and easy!  On to the next thing, lol!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top