BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Woo-Hoo...Page 2!

What truck/model is it, exactly?  I am curious!

I got to tell you, I was bummed out when it started free-wheeling and not climbing hardly at all while cousin's TRX4 was flying all around me, mocking my Jeep, lol.  Just getting good working results and the thought of "grounding" it was making me sick to my stomach, mainly because I was about to drop another $300 in parts or $400 in another truck.  I do want a TRX4, just got my eye on the new Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0 right now, too and that is 2x what TRX4's are running.  It literally took me 2 hours of google-foo and about 2 hours total(including a dinner squeezed in) to get my front ripped apart, fixed and back together running test runs in front and back yard areas.  Only because I had a parts bin full of gears, though.  I am a firm believer in not throwing parts/gears away that aren't chipped or broken and bearings that aren't froze up even if I just use them for mock-ups or fitting and it has paid off more times than not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Woo-Hoo...Page 2!

Quoted:

I have an old RC truck that has been sitting in parts for a while, the front and rear diff spider gears blew apart.  I have been unable to find a match that will work.  At this point I am thinking about using JB Weld or bondo to make an entirely new front and rear diff fit in the housing.

What truck/model is it, exactly?  I am curious!

I got to tell you, I was bummed out when it started free-wheeling and not climbing hardly at all while cousin's TRX4 was flying all around me, mocking my Jeep, lol.  Just getting good working results and the thought of "grounding" it was making me sick to my stomach, mainly because I was about to drop another $300 in parts or $400 in another truck.  I do want a TRX4, just got my eye on the new Losi Super Baja Rey 2.0 right now, too and that is 2x what TRX4's are running.  It literally took me 2 hours of google-foo and about 2 hours total(including a dinner squeezed in) to get my front ripped apart, fixed and back together running test runs in front and back yard areas.  Only because I had a parts bin full of gears, though.  I am a firm believer in not throwing parts/gears away that aren't chipped or broken and bearings that aren't froze up even if I just use them for mock-ups or fitting and it has paid off more times than not.

It is an old Radio Shack Avalanche.  A member here had it sent it too me for the cost of shipping. It got my daughter and I hooked.  Once the diffs went, that is when we got the Arrma.  I dont think RS ever sold parts for them.  I was able to piece the spider gears back together enough to get some tooth counts and measurements.  I ordered a few and they didnt fit.  That is why I am thinking about making or modifying the diff housing to work with something else.

I posted a picture of it here: HERE
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, ok.  I think I missed that post when I got digging around in here.  That one there looks a lot like a basic New Bright HD F-150 my FIL got me as a gift one year from his store.  Not high end or anything but shoot did me and my daughter, niece and nephew have a blast with that darn thing that year and it ran pretty good.  Still does I imagine, if the battery isn't dead-dead.  It is sitting on my makeshift hobby table now.

Yeah, with our models here we probably not going to find much in the way of direct replacements and I see a lot of these types of bodies on ebay like people run them till the burn up or find them burnt up then part out tops for the crawler or scale community.  Just usually too small for my rigs to look right.  I did have an old New Bright Land Rover and was about to toss it one cleaning weekend and got into these rock crawlers about the same time so took the top off and found it was a very nice top, almost the nicest thing on the whole toy, actually.  I think I pictured it here early on mounted to my Bender but I would really like to adapt it to my Losi NCSE and take it on the rocks.  I have it on a AWD Losi XXX Touring chassis currently and it looks....different.

Edit:

Guess I didn't ever post pics with that top on crawler.  Here is New Bright top on the Bender a while ago.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Newly laid out lighting configuration paid off last night, brightly!  Need to put new batteries in roof rack side lights and it will be even brighter.  These have a few hours on them when I tried them out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Double bars alone is ok, too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Big to small applications, it amazes me how bright a couple of LEDs can be.  Having spent many many nights in the woods with just a Maglite Pen light, I didnt realize how dark the world was.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#5]
You got it!  A little LED goes a long way especially on these little guys.  Heck, I have a mini-mag in my fishing bag that has got me out a few jams in early morning darkness.  The keychain sized one in gunmetal grey.

Well, got a bday this month coming up and the wife got me this pre-ordered yesterday in orange :

Axial RBX10 Orange

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Says next shipment is January but we'll see.  As long as the world as we know it doesn't end, I should have some more pics and vids up of this one in a couple/few weeks.

Pretty excited to see how this one will play out!  No lights come with this but I will fix that and have some aluminum beadlock wheels inbound as well.  Just need to find these particular tires for sale without being glued to rims.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably a good thing this new Axial is secured.  Built for more for sure.  Busted  the rear end in the Bender this weekend.

I heard some clicking in the rear end late Saturday on some runs, opened her up Sunday and found my over-worked bevel gear was worked-over!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Guess it's time to loosen up the clutch a bit since I hopped up the motor a little and oversized the tires as well as locking the axles.  Somethin's gotta/gonna give!  I just jumped on ebay and bought three pairs of factory Tamiya bevel gears and three new ring gears.  Bought all I could find off bay actually.  First sets arrives Friday/Saturday if USPS does their part.  Back in action Saturday Morning if not by Friday night.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice to have the back-up to the back-up running still and "digging" all the construction going on around the casa, currently.  Makes for easy quick runs in the ditch edges and some fun dirt hill climbs after the water truck runs through on the way home from work or just a quick run after dinner.

The keep changing the course for us as they trench on, too.  Ha!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]
All loctite has set and back in action this am.  Turns out the rear diff was locked but only by taking one of the three smaller gears off the three splined spindle and wedging one between two.  So I just took some spare gears of the same part number I have accumulated and stuffed them the rest of the way around balancing out the locker and packed with grease JIC.  Also stuffed some more "gear" in the roof rack.  Saw a guy on another forum stuffed a couple spare shocks and gas cans, etc.  I had shocks from the original layout of this machine still in my parts bin, so grabbed two.

Super quiet and grabs em' in the pxxxy now!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:55:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Since the stock bevel gear came with no hole for the SSD driveshaft hardware, I had to mill a 100 thou hole centered in the flats in the CnC yesterday at break or else I wouldn't be running today, that's for sure!  So I just made sure all of them got the goods for my backups.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Also just found some more shocks and netting for roof rack look.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice touch with the gear rack.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:46:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Guess I didn't ever post pics with that top on crawler.  Here is New Bright top on the Bender a while ago.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20200903_205052_jpg-1766974.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20200903_220734_jpg-1766976.JPG
View Quote

Lol I bought that same new bright rc around 10 years ago on clearance at Target I think for $15. I held onto it just for the body in case I ever planned on using it for another build.

Fresh out of the closet
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice touch with the gear rack.
View Quote

Thank ya!  Glad I'm putting it to use.  I ran across kinetic recovery systems going down a rabbit hole and think I need next.  If nothing else, for rack effects.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lol I bought that same new bright rc around 10 years ago on clearance at Target I think for $15. I held onto it just for the body in case I ever planned on using it for another build.

Fresh out of the closet
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/315537/7743F3FE-6FAA-49B5-BD9F-5650CEEEEF74_jpe-1787203.JPG
View Quote

YES, Awesome and keep it!!  That is the one, thanks for posting!  I tossed my tires/rims into my rock track and the chassis is still getting kicked around my back room for some reason, haha!!

It was actually pretty capable over like 4"-6" river rock.  Just didn't last long and had no punch.  It was after all what it cost, lol.

Here the body currently sits on a belt driven Losi 4wd chassis I was considering rally crossing.  Just projects piling up but might be cool.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

YES, Awesome and keep it!!  That is the one, thanks for posting!  I tossed my tires/rims into my rock track and the chassis is still getting kicked around my back room for some reason, haha!!

It was actually pretty capable over like 4"-6" river rock.  Just didn't last long and had no punch.  It was after all what it cost, lol.

Here the body currently sits on a belt driven Losi 4wd chassis I was considering rally crossing.  Just projects piling up but might be cool.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228253/20210110_134742_jpg-1787233.JPG
View Quote

Wow! That actually looks really cool on the Losi chassis!

I bought this on clearance the same day at Target also, its made by Maisto. Body would be nice for a pavement build.

Attachment Attached File

I just got done attaching this bug body to a cheap Arrma chassis.

Attachment Attached File

Lately I've been having fun with the 1/24 scale micro crawlers.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh yeah, that Charger one would come in handy at some point for sure and look pretty cool, too!

My cousin saw those bug bodies on ebay and he and I have been curious as to how thick they were, how buyers really liked them, or not.  What's your take?  He does the shoe goo and drywall mesh tape treatment under his bodies so it may not matter unless they are super thin to begin with.

My neighbor has the ol Chevy truck 24th scale in blue or green and I am waiting for him to get bored of it and ask me to trade him a knife or something for it, lol!  The pre-owned ones keep selling on ebay for more than the price I want to pay for admission just yet.  Yours look awesome, though!  I'd like to have at least one at some point.  I have two mint Losi Micro's and was thinking of putting up for trades on scx24 but I am not on any RC forums or anything even local to me at this time.  So I will probably just buy on eventually.  I'd like to try them on some crumpled tarps cured with an epoxy or something like I have seen on youtube as well as what appears to be construction spray foam or adhesive sprinkled with local dirt and painted over on plywood sections for indoor courses.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:51:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Yep; eBay is where I got the bug body and for $22 with the body posts and pins included I think it was well worth it. Seems about the same thickness as the original Arrma body it replaced. Haven’t bashed with it yet but will report back once I do.

Those Axial scx24 minis are fun, my daughters fiancé has one and usually every Sunday we set up a course In the living room. Looking into grabbing a Panda Hobby 1/18 Tetra K1 next.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Right on, thank you.  I will pass along the info.  He has two Slash trucks.  I don't think I could adapt the bug body to anything I have just yet, but if I try the Rally thing I may have a reason!

Maybe I can get lucky and win a scx24 around midnight one day while other bidders are sleepin', lol!

That 1/18th wouldn't get kicked out of the cot, either....
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Lol, just got these metal Tonka toys for $5, delivered to my office for all of them today!  I figured for $5 I can put them in for effect hauling rocks around the course out back, too.  Like they are building up more sections of the track.  Never thought I would have these things again, bwahahaha!  Amazing how $5 and an RC crawler/track can change your mind!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Got all my insurances, ROCs and LLCs in place and got the construction company off and running, hahaha!

Added about 40 more rough rocks to the hill climb and filled some voids.  Made another long wood bridge and some 2x4 helper crossings, too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Thumb-drivin'!

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Woke up this morning with some coffee and classifieds and found this lil gem for $300 cash, new in box with Spektrum smart 2s batt and rinky dink charger this special edition came with.  Wasn't in the market for a Rock Rey, but the Monster theme will work with my drift car collection and price was ok enough.  Just a fix before my Ryft ships.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Man, these Reys(Rock and Baja) are big 1/10th scalers.  My track is too small for this one, lol.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:40:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow! Great deal on the Rock Rey bro! That monster energy version was a limited run, not sure how many were produced but its no longer in production. Nice!
There is one on Ebay right now for $850.

Oh, I want to report back on that ebay bug body I put on that arrma. It held up great! I bashed through 3 battery packs earlier with the outside temp being 19 and it  survived multiple big whoop roof landings on pavement, dirt and rocks. Also, a couple tree and mailbox post hits lol!
No cracks, only very minor scuffage! I think the curvature of the bug roof helps a lot.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Yeah, so I just found that out yesterday evening when I took it to the hobbybshop and the owner offered me $350 cash for the body panels and wheel set, THEN said he'd also throw in a new non Monster body set and tires of my choice.  I had no idea.  I msgd the guy I bought it from since he had two and was going to buy the other yesterday but he sold it, too lol!

The hobby shop owner said, "Look, as a collector I beg you not to drive this thing, in fact please put back in all the boxes and stash away for a year or two and thank me later."

Guess I found a shelf queen.  She looks cool with all my other Monster crap, too.  The pink Mustang is actually the same model as the white and black Monster Falken Stang, I just put the original body in a box below the table top.

Attachment Attached File

Since these Rock Rey are now going on the discontinued list soon through Horizon, I may well have just found a kind of unicorn.  Oh well, like I said it was never on my radar so I don't mind having it setting there.  I like using some and collecting some in my firearms, too.  Nothing new for me.

Holy cow, 19 degrees and everything worked let alone no body shatter?!  The part about smacking tree and mailbox had me laughing because my cousin rebuilt one of his Slash trucks, put a 3s in it and took off and slammed right into stop sign post first thing!  Perfectly squared up and didn't bust anything though it was just loud and we both flinched.

I have had two 69 baja bugs in my 20's, one a Class 5 Unlimited and need a BB body in my RC life, lol!!  Hmmm, I also had an orange lifted squareback on 30"x9.5x15 BFG AT's...would dig it if I could find that body!  I agree on the shape of it.  Curves have their strengths for sure!

Stay warm out there!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#24]
At this point you need to open up your yard and start hosting events!  You certainly have the setup for it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Maybe, once we get it "perfected".  Cousin and I made some slight elevation changes this weekend at one bridge which sent us down more elevation changes in the design, hopefully this week.  A bit wet & rainy out today here but you can bet I am hitting my go-to rock pile this week to get some more in and get these bridges jacked-up!  Here is a short video clip from Sunday of one elevation change we put in at one end of one bridge.  Much more of a challenge now for the Bender.  Makes it more fun though as you could imagine.  A little fender rubbing you'll hear since I lowered the body but I am ok with it for now.  It is mainly at the front bumper and I need a better tool to cut through the thick chrome plastic stuff.

Also some unstable cell phone pics of me after falling off the bridge and a vid of my cousins trx4 climbing right up behind me.  We were going for best time Saturday night and I blinked and fell off the bridge in my Nightcrawler.  I was kicking his TRX4's butt...until then, lol!  He even parked on my tire to prove a point I recon, ha!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:46:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Also ran across some old drops from long past projects in our metal yard!  Time to figure out a tricky suspension bridge!!  I have a crap ton of stainless cables and fittings as well to get a bit crazy still before any "call to the masses" to run.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Holy cow!!!

Youve been busy!!

I really liking the additions!

ive been eye balling the scx 24s as well. I think they'd be a blast.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Yes Sir my man!

I've been meaning to text ya on the progress!  Hope all is well!  Cousin got his bumpers ordered and we got those shock tower on some time ago as well.  Really awesome!  Thanks again!

Cousin got his SCX24 yesterday on offerup locally with nice hop ups so I am the one falling behind for once!  I may be getting into an Axial Yeti Jr. today after work, well see.  May swap my Redcat with the yellow Tamiya Mustang top for it.  I will have an SCX24 though, soon!  Already have hardware and materials for the 1/24th indoor crawler track segments, lol!

Just trying to shake up collection a little.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:50:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Had some neat Hot Racing aluminum steering knuckles show up today for my Bender and really stiffened everything up nice in a positive way!  Just swapped em out and headed out back for a spin!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Does much better steering over rocks now.  I can actually get the very edge of the top of hill climb now.

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Well, while not an SCX24, I couldn't resist this other Axial I found brand new in box I found at a local shop for $72 out the door. It was all the cash I had on me, haha!  Tires still smell new, lol.  But here's what I got.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Not meant to be a,  "What's in the box!" post but break was short and this was all I had time to get.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:07:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Ha!  I blame my cousin....for sending me the offerup link last night.  I might have probably missed out or never saw it otherwise.  Maybe, the ad was 5 days old when I got it.  It was actually not a hobby shop but a storefront that buys like maybe damaged shipping crates or something then resells.  This just happened to be in perfect condition with everything there.  Only RC anything they had in entire store.  It was laid out like a Goodwill or something like that.  Kind of mini flee market style, maybe.  The hobby shop guys are gonna crap, too when I show n tell em, lol.  I want to head over there tomorrow and see about the lockers and axle hop ups, etc.  They will probably suggest I stay off the internet for a while, lol.

I have only ran it around my office at lunch but handles great, pretty darn fast, actually and the controller has the 50/75/100 percent setting for throttle as well as a bunch of other fine tune settings.  Even at $150, I would recommend one now that I have tried one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I keep coming back to this thread for two reasons:

I am enjoying watching your backyard set grow and change.

And I am jealous of these deals you keep finding!
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, my pleasure to offer up the entertainment!  I am glad to connect with like minded individuals!

As far as the deals go recently, I feel like it's "Groundhog Week" this week, lol....wait till you see what I am picking up after work today for a little more than I paid for the recent one I just got(hint-hint).  Gonna run me $150 bucks more than the first one, but cumulatively I am A-OK with that since for both I will still be under that one on eBay!

I'll get some pics a bit later

ETA:  Leavin' in 10....
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Dang...what are the odds?!  Another new in box still strapped to cardboard!  Seller even just knocked off another $10 to come to their house which I pass by daily on way home, lol.  Ok, off to home in the rain!

Attachment Attached File

Just got her home.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#38]
For anyone with or wanting to get one of these can-am creatures, I went ahead and made an Ace Hardware stop.  Picked up some small rubber washers for the pin clips and under the body up front and has completely eliminated the body rattle.  Also stuffed a piece of foam under/around battery and stopped it from slapping around, too.  Just need to secure the foam a bit better now that I know it works.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Great, just found this video and think I know what I want to do with mine now as far as mods go....

Yeti Jr. Crawling Moab's Hidden Valley
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Sold a knife today and did a couple things....guess I'm in the 1/24th scale crowd now!

#522 of 9999 B17 Betty for $139.99 @ local hobby shop.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And they also had these for $119.99 lol.

Attachment Attached File

Time to make some spray foam crawl tracks next.  Here's one my cousin threw together after finding a small bit left in a can in a construction dumpster at new home builds by his new place.  Gave us some ideas for indoor track sections to come!  This is his semi custom Deadbolt on a section last night.

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Gosh darn, sold another little Spyderco today so I said what the heck and got Ol Betty #1789 as a "User".  Figured I'd hang on to Betty #522 in the box for a bit and the shop only had two left, 1789 and 3008.  I think my neighbor is heading down for that 3008 this afternoon.  Get another knife or two sold and shouldn't be long before the whole scx24 lineup arrives, haha!  I wanted to walk out of there with the dark grey Chevy truck model and kept flipping a coin in the parking lot, "Heads - Betty, Tails - Chevy"  First four flips was heads, sooooo off to sell another knife BRB, lol.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Got a jump on some scrap drops of base to start our foam track sections from work today.  Leftovers from templates that were headed for the dumpster!  I think not kind Sirs!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#41]

You finally grabbed a SCX24!

I added a Gravedigger body to my deadbolt. It's almost finished, just got to add the front magnets. I'm going to start ordering some brass pieces for both shortly.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I added a Gravedigger body to my deadbolt. It's almost finished, just got to add the front magnets. I'm going to start ordering some brass pieces for both shortly.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/315537/IMG_6721_JPG-1806826.JPG
View Quote

Yuuup!  Pretty much your pictures fault and another poster that ordered a Betty.  Thanks guys!

That is so funny you bring up the GD!  I just sent an ebay seller an offer for one of those to try!  Thank you for posting that because that was exactly the direction I wanted to go on one if my Betty's!  That is awesome!

So threw together a quick table top gig to fart around with before bed.  Got a BUNCH of wood and other good stuff that will be pictured here in the next couple weeks.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/3/2021 11:40:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Now 2 bridges. Ha, never thought I'd have so much fun on 12.5"x36" of space!  I forgot the controller has L-M-H settings and have been running all herky jerky in H in videos.  Also found my servo lead was bound up and only half of driver side front shock was droop traveling during videos.  Unplugged battery before bed last night and noticed/fixed it and should be even better moving forward!

Raised the front body mounts a little too and no more rubbin'

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/315537/IMG_6721_JPG-1806826.JPG
View Quote

Well, that seller accepted my offer for that GD top.  I don't know if I got the right sized but one is on it's way for $17.50.  If too big, I was going to try to make it work on my Yeti Jr. can-am.  What did you get your off of so I can look if I got the "wrong" one?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Well hell, sold a couple more knives and got $350 burning a hole...called local shop and hey, they got another batch O Betty's in at same price!!  Got another lowest serial number they have Betty and a dark grey Chevy sitting at counter awaiting my arrival at lunchtime today!  Woo-Hoo!

Now I can fully customize one Betty.  Maybe my wife will want the other user Betty
but she's been secretly eyeing their Jeeps.  Probably because she has a real Jeep.

ETA:  Darn, the poor dude on the phone was off since Saturday and didn't realize we were the ones that bought em out Sunday & Monday, lol!  Soooo just stuck to the plan and got these just now and give wifey her Jeep on Valentine's Day like I did with her real Jeep a couple V-Days ago, ha!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Added a few more rock sections to the run, ha!  Check out the flex and traction!  These things are the bee's knees!  As usual, you guys were right!

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Got a quick question for the SCX24 crew....what is best/max size battery to fit in battery tray and fit under the body of my Chevy's?

Looking to upgrade in the next week or so, maybe less but want to - buy once, cry once so to speak.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Won a Hot Racing aluminum bumper mount and Jeep front bumper and moved lights up to headlights and slid the Jeep bumper right in for a much higher angle of approach.  Probably "neva been done befo" but I just thought of it after watching the chrome bumper hang up a lot in vids.  Going to try some runs but already looks "better".  Left the light stickers on, too..  Time to order more lights for the bumper now, just need to decide on color or white.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Much better and doesn't clip far reaches of bumper as they are gone now.  No more tire rub either.  Tossing around idea of trimming the corners of the front of body to just get them out of the way, too....maybe.  Going to try to raise this bumper a little, somehow first if I can.  Close up the body lift look/gap and get even better AOA.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Well, that seller accepted my offer for that GD top.  I don't know if I got the right sized but one is on it's way for $17.50.  If too big, I was going to try to make it work on my Yeti Jr. can-am.  What did you get your off of so I can look if I got the "wrong" one?
View Quote

I bought a Spin Master 1/24 RC Grave Digger that was new in box off ebay. I won the bid for under $20. I put batteries in it and tested it out and as expected, it sucked! Lol.

Exactly like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Monster-Jam-Official-Digger-Control/dp/B07HGR2C1G

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top