ME262 is now undergoing upgrades...

P51 is coming together

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Time for some airsoft upgrades?  

Great work, the 262 looks fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not foam board but it is foam!  Can't wait for the wind to die down so ! can maiden it!
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 2:57:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

So you’ve done some twin engine planes like the B-25, Bf-110, and Beech 18 - when are you going to do 4-engines?   Like the B-17 or B-24.  A B-29 or C-130 ought to be relatively easy since so much of the fuselage is a simple tube , especially the B-29.

And have you done a B-26 or A-20 yet?  Those are not modeled much but great looking medium bombers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's not foam board but it is foam!  Can't wait for the wind to die down so ! can maiden it!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/318573/b-17_jpg-1900984.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6zUM3iR6sk
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2021 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#7]
The P-51 video is out.  

Building And Flying A Monster Size P-51 Mustang
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/318573/b-17_jpg-1900984.JPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6zUM3iR6sk

She's a sweet pussycat flyer!!!
HobbyKing 1875mm B- 17 Flying Fortress Evening Sortie
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was back in the day when David Weidnstall(sp) and Peter Sripol(arfcommer) were regulars.

Then they added that stupid loud kid that I want to punch in the face and I unsubscribed.

I had a versawing that never quite flew right for FPV fixed wing.   Then moved to a Versacopter and had some good flights on 3S with it using 15amp escs.   I crashed the shit out it when I went to 4s with 6in props on 2300kv motors...

Moved on.

I maybe chdck their channel once every 3 months.
View Quote
same. I watch peters channel more now. almost never watch FT anymore. Josh has the crazy eyes but seems friendly.

RIP that poor neglected Taranis. Ill hug mine tonight.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:53:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Regarding hot summer temps, aren't there hotter versions of glue sticks you can use? I know there are dual temp guns. Maybe the glue would melt the foam though?
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 1:15:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Man the way many RC planes have suddenly jumped 30- 40% in price and some places like Hobby King are suddenly quoting $200-300 shipping on top this, foam board stuff is looking a lot more attractive now!!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:28:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like the next Flite Fest is coming up in a couple weeks.  If the weather is decent, and nothing else comes up, I will try to go on Saturday the 17th.
See what’s flying with these foam scale type models, maybe they will have some more new designs for sale in kit form.
The whole event is scheduled from July 15-18.  Not much listed for Sunday, however,
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:31:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Wish we were closer, my son would kill to go to FF.  I need to look around and see what GA airports are around.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:38:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Seems like they had some poor weather for an RC fly in most of the days.
I was thinking about going up there, but then I won a nice Colt Trooper 22 revolved on a GB auction (probably paid too much for, but not like they come up that often, and in really nice condition).  So I drove up to Edinboro PA instead to pay for it and do the paperwork.   Lots of rain on the trip.  Some heavy, and I think some of that was the same stuff they were getting south of Louisville OH earlier.

Will just add it a a decent shop they had.  Fair number of guns on the wall and in the cases,  lots of Anderson’s lowers.  Dozens at least
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 10:49:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Been a while since I have posted.  Here is some of the new stuff I have been working on...

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#17]
The Flite Fest is going on through this weekend in OH (malvern).
Seems like good weather so far.   I’ve never been to a big RC flying event but I think I will go tomorrow and spend the day out there.   Maybe buy the new F-18 Superhornet, unless there’s some other secret new release that I’d rather have
Plan is to just watch and maybe buy something.
I haven’t had time to do any RC stuff the past two years.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I wish I was headed to Flite Fest this weekend, my son keeps reminding me we need to go.  

FT folks are stepping up the game.  

Will Our 20 Foot B-17 FLY!!! ✈🤞
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#19]
glad to see this thread pop up again
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 1:53:27 PM EDT
[#20]
A couple photos.  Just with my iPhone - so not the best pics
It was hot and the sun was intense.   There were some people there who were burned really bad.  Like beer red.  They will be in pain by now.   I stayed under one of the non building tents after a while
The F-18 super hornet that splinter189/John designed flies really nice
They flew one decorated as a Blue Angels and the other was a Growler I think. Even sounded great with the two DF. I will have to order one even though it’s stil probably beyond my current flying skills.   I haven’t been able to anything for the past two years.  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Nice OV-10 but didn’t see it fly
Attachment Attached File

Wanted to see the huge B-17 but same - didn’t fly while I was there. Not sure if this is the huge one they just build, or the one they used for the videos a few months ago with the air cannon shooting at it over some apple orchard
Attachment Attached File

Nice C-47 too

Huge old timer style plane behind the B-17 too.   They started getting it out around 6 but some things they just took so long to get out.   So I left before it flew

The build tents were nuts.  There were two huge tents like this, either side of the metal building they were using as the store
Like some people dragged their entire workbench or even basement from home.  Crazy
Attachment Attached File

—lost my Peter sripol entry (has been a member here off and on)
He built this huge and well, hideous, foam giant multi engine airplane.  Maybe 20’ ws?
The first time they tried to launch from the roof of an SxS UTV but not enough speed.   So it just glided about 15’
And hour or two later they tried again but got up more speed before the person riding in the cargo box let it go.  
The first turn from the downwind to base Peter turned too tight and it stalled.   Was rudder elevator only.  Somehow he recovered with maybe 6-8’ to spared and everyone in the crowd cheered and whooped it up.  The crowd reaction was great.
Peter got it slowly lumbering up and did a couple more uneventful circuits.  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Stall and just recovered
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:33:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I got myself one of their small color printed P-40s (Flying Tigers) and the power pack, and then went back to the store to get one of the seconds/scratch and dent T-6 Texans.  Hopefully it’s not to messed up like from a haywire laser.  
I’ve got to get out again with my telemasters.  Get flying again.    Just too much else going on

They had one of these sitting in the store too
Not for sale.  From a video game for years ago
Maybe they flew it on one of their videos?
Attachment Attached File

But glad they had lots of stuff in their store at the flying field.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#22]
cool pics. what a horribly hot day yesterday. sun was intense and no breeze here in southwest Ohio.  I assume not much different for you guys.
I was helping to build a deck and we have several beach umbrellas with homemade wooden stands, and a patio umbrella over us, and it still sucked all the energy out of me.
DeWalt batteries were overheating after 20 or so cuts with the circular saw cutting stair stringer notches into 2x10s - needed 11 total stringers for a 14 ft wide stairs)
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I used to fly the 6-channel collective type 450 helis for years.  I found be sweating bullets every time I would fly, hoping I wouldn't crash it. I got pretty good at flying them, and doing 3D type flying.....but I still managed to crash every 7-8 flights it seemed like. And every crash meant hours of rebuilding, parts, and setup time......it was such a pain.

I got into foam board planes after watching some of the Flight Test videos online.  I've 100% switched over to flying them.....it's finally fun again to fly! And if I crash, most of the time I just toss the plane back in the air and fly some more. Worst case, I might have to hotglue some stuff back together.  It's a joy to fly those little foam board planes!!

Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Isn’t all flying by its very nature 3-D?

Just a pet peeve of mine
The freestyle heli flying is nuts - tic tocs and maneuvers like that.   I keep my distance
Don’t want to end up like that guy from NYC maybe ten years ago. He gave himself a really close trim - right through the skull and exposed brain tissue I recall
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#25]
The difference is 3d heli guys are in control or the heli is in the dirt.

Many 3d airplane pilots are far from it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top