Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#1]
That's nice to hear that she flies. I need to wet my beak again it's been awhile since I've flown, so I'll have to get out one of my other ones knock the rust off the hinges.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I don’t know where and how they get stuff but today’s junk store haul. The F-80 still has a $3.00 PX price tag on it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 1:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t know where and how they get stuff but today’s junk store haul. The F-80 still has a $3.00 PX price tag on it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56204/4286EB15-EE78-4A05-A3C8-3D99D98CCC07-564653.JPG
View Quote
Wow. Estate sale maybe.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#4]
These were originally  bought in Holland

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely a vet. Family probably sold them off when he died.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 8:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not done but getting there. A Meng 1/35th scale BMPT Terminator. A fantastic kit lots of detail and a ton of fiddly bits. Easily breakable fiddly bits if you're not careful.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/9749/20180504_211117-534223.jpg

Right now I'm working on metal tracks for it. Unlike the easy-to-assemble t 55 metal tracks the ones for this one require four holes to be drilled in each link. I got one side done it pretty much took me 2 days to finish it working on the other side right now. It really is though a fantastic kit. And if you're going to ask me why I went with metal tracks, the plastic individual link tracks that came with the kit had 6 pieces per each link that you had to put together before you could put together the entire track. It wasn't worth the frustration.

I like the metal tracks and I would easily pay an additional $20 per each set if they already had the holes drilled in the pins cut.
View Quote
I love Russian hardware.  Currently working at creating a line a 1/72 models showing the lineage of the russian armor.  So many great subjects.  Your models are awesome.

I am itching to try a MiniArt 1/35 T55 with full interior.  But haven't gotten one yet.

New tooling 1/72 are super detailed and tiny.  But also easy to add figures and aircraft at the same scale.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I love Russian hardware.  Currently working at creating a line a 1/72 models showing the lineage of the russian armor.  So many great subjects.  Your models are awesome.

I am itching to try a MiniArt 1/35 T55 with full interior.  But haven't gotten one yet.

New tooling 1/72 are super detailed and tiny.  But also easy to add figures and aircraft at the same scale.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not done but getting there. A Meng 1/35th scale BMPT Terminator. A fantastic kit lots of detail and a ton of fiddly bits. Easily breakable fiddly bits if you're not careful.

Right now I'm working on metal tracks for it. Unlike the easy-to-assemble t 55 metal tracks the ones for this one require four holes to be drilled in each link. I got one side done it pretty much took me 2 days to finish it working on the other side right now. It really is though a fantastic kit. And if you're going to ask me why I went with metal tracks, the plastic individual link tracks that came with the kit had 6 pieces per each link that you had to put together before you could put together the entire track. It wasn't worth the frustration.

I like the metal tracks and I would easily pay an additional $20 per each set if they already had the holes drilled in the pins cut.

Funny you should mention the mini art t55 with full interior. Last weekend I got around to finally opening up the one I have here at the house. Holy balls there are trees, upon trees, upon trees of parts.

It is a extremely tedious kit to build. Full interior, a full ammo loadout for the main gun, a very detailed engine and extremely detailed turret interior

The level of detail is incredible, the level of molding is incredible.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Funny you should mention the mini art t55 with full interior. Last weekend I got around to finally opening up the one I have here at the house. Holy balls there are trees, upon trees, upon trees of parts.

It is a extremely tedious kit to build. Full interior, a full ammo loadout for the main gun, a very detailed engine and extremely detailed turret interior

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, just what I was hoping for.   I watched Andys Hobby HQ build the Panther with full interior, so yeah, expected a ton of parts.

I dunno, I may just stick with easy for a while yet, I put together the revell-germany T90A in 1/72, and that was like 212 of the tiniest parts ever seen with a 4x magnifier !!   Hate the hardplastic tracks in 2 pieces, you have to soak in hot water and bend around wheels.  Took like 4 weekends to assemble the whole thing.  Compare to trumpeter kits, only take me 1 weekend to assemble and a day to paint.

BTW I heard Revell got bought up, and it will be 3-4 months until they continue production.  Fallout from Hobbico disaster.
Link Posted: 6/4/2018 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cool, just what I was hoping for.   I watched Andys Hobby HQ build the Panther with full interior, so yeah, expected a ton of parts.

I dunno, I may just stick with easy for a while yet, I put together the revell-germany T90A in 1/72, and that was like 212 of the tiniest parts ever seen with a 4x magnifier !!   Hate the hardplastic tracks in 2 pieces, you have to soak in hot water and bend around wheels.  Took like 4 weekends to assemble the whole thing.  Compare to trumpeter kits, only take me 1 weekend to assemble and a day to paint.

BTW I heard Revell got bought up, and it will be 3-4 months until they continue production.  Fallout from Hobbico disaster.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate plastic individual tracks. I just hate them. If I'm gonna glue one link at a time, I'll spend the extra and go metal. I have a metal set that is already done, for the T55.

I will say this-I would have not gotten the Mini Art kit, of it had not been on sale at Scale Hobbyist. It's really a tedious kit to build and I do not like the multi-part lower hull.

This is about as far as I got before I took some time off.

Link Posted: 9/22/2018 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Here’s what I’m working on...wrapping up a 1/48 Tamyia FW-190D9. Added under wing racks and ordnance from their FW-190F8 kit. Added some resin parts...corrected gun cowl, prop, spinner, and wheels. Painted with MRP and markings from Montex masks. Thanks to work, it’ll be a few weeks before I finish, but I hope to bring it to a local show in October.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 6:28:05 PM EDT
[#11]
WOW!!!  All of them are real beauties!
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:07:45 AM EDT
[#12]
I just put the last clear coat on about 45 minutes ago.

Here is the prototype:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And here is the model:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql2Ezc9j3lM
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Academy 1/35 M60A2
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Somebody left a leaf blower on my model airplane bench, and this is what happened.

Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Finally wrapped up my Tamiya 1/48 FW-190D-9
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Great looking FW. I havent built a/c for many years, curious as to when it was found that the FW's had part of the lower wing un painted?

If you havent heard about this shop, its a great resource for sprue shots and scans of the kit intructions.

https://www.super-hobby.com
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:38:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Specifically, when Luftwaffe planes started appearing with unpainted underwing surfaces or when the RLM issued the directive...I’m not really sure. But I’d guess sometime in early ‘45. I must admit, that painting the leading 1/3rd of the wing a dark grey is a bit odd. I’ve never read anything to the reasoning as to why. That being said, the seamingly randomness of the various mismatch of colors is easy to understand as the parts were made at numerous locations and final assembly done and plane flown away.

Here’s a fun fact: Average combat life span of a Focke Wulf...four flight hours.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 9:52:41 AM EDT
[#18]
One of my many ongoing build projects. A 1/3 scale Howard DGA-3 "Pete."

Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:52:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#20]

from the tamiya  f16

all 1/32  I get to combine two hobbies photography and modeling
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice work and pics too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:08:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Not completely done but getting there.

Marine M26 Pershing 1950, Naktong, Korea
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:01:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Sweet, post more when it’s done.

Here’s what on my bench at the moment:
Attachment Attached File

Tamiya 1/48 Aichi Sieran
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 10:17:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Sweet, post more when it’s done.

Here’s what on my bench at the moment:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24640/FB317D2F-CB28-497E-B761-D2BE3AA870F1_jpeg-769427.JPG
Tamiya 1/48 Aichi Sieran
View Quote
Beautiful!
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:14:44 PM EDT
[#25]
I hit a slump and couldn’t manage to get a  plane finished. I’m trying to get a Mitsubishi F-2B done but just can’t get the finish I want...not helped by being a hack I was watching Plasmo’s videos on YT for some inspiration and thought I’d try some small scale armor. This is an old Dragon kit that was €5 and figured that if it went OK I’d maybe try harder on the next with some detailing and photo etch.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

This took all of 2 hours from start to finish so I’m happy enough with it to maybe grab a newer Panther or something. It’s Vallejo acrylic and oil/Japan drier for a wash with pastels scraped on while wet.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I went and got a Panther,of a version I honestly had never heard of,but didn’t realize it had a diecast hull and was fairly simplified. NEXT one will get extra effort,maybe Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 9:27:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Reminds me of some of the “Paper Panzers.”
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Specifically, when Luftwaffe planes started appearing with unpainted underwing surfaces or when the RLM issued the directive...I’m not really sure. But I’d guess sometime in early ‘45. I must admit, that painting the leading 1/3rd of the wing a dark grey is a bit odd. I’ve never read anything to the reasoning as to why. That being said, the seamingly randomness of the various mismatch of colors is easy to understand as the parts were made at numerous locations and final assembly done and plane flown away.

Here’s a fun fact: Average combat life span of a Focke Wulf...four flight hours.
View Quote
I broke down and got a 72 scale fw kit. Its AZ models, been checking them out at super hobby site, figured it would be a crappy short run, but its not to bad. Its an A0 series, finished in overall 02. Hope to start on it soon.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Ace 1/72 kfz 17. No figures yet, hopefully later.

capture
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Great looking re-habs on those built kits.
View Quote
These are the boxed kit versions,I would get some of the assembled ones to repaint if I found them though.

This weekend’s project,a kit I’ve wanted to build for a long time and finally got for Christmas

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I never complete these things but have a vision of a trio of SEALs with mud up to their necks standing on the aft deck
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Very nice. I’m really space constrained when it comes to building so I want to do a bunch more small scale armor.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 1:59:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

These are the boxed kit versions,I would get some of the assembled ones to repaint if I found them though.

This weekend’s project,a kit I’ve wanted to build for a long time and finally got for Christmas

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56204/C477EE17-1A15-40EE-AD91-E9CF6523861E_jpeg-796928.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56204/C5E5B31E-76C5-42C5-B0F1-C330C8B54AE0_jpeg-796931.JPG

I never complete these things but have a vision of a trio of SEALs with mud up to their necks standing on the aft deck
View Quote
Its 1/35 scale??
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:08:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Very nice. I’m really space constrained when it comes to building so I want to do a bunch more small scale armor.
View Quote
I build at work, i'm restricted to what will fit in my toolbox drawer.
The ace kits are short run, and need much massaging.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Its 1/35 scale??
View Quote
Yes,Tamiya PBR. I worked on it about 4 hours this morning goofing around with paint.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Some I just finished over the holiday break.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#38]
I wasn’t building when this kit was released so I never knew it existed but watched the movie again and started Googling. I now realize it would have made more sense to buy one of the newer kits with engraved detail and a set of decals but done is done.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

This is the time of year when I do a lot of production so it’s just lots of waiting between processes. Building models is a bit healthier than arguing with strangers on the Internet in the meantime. Really wish I’d picked it back up a while ago,when I still had decent eyesight and coordination
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I wasn’t building when this kit was released so I never knew it existed but watched the movie again and started Googling. I now realize it would have made more sense to buy one of the newer kits with engraved detail and a set of decals but done is done.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56204/8D363505-EA44-440E-AB3E-A908C0E7EF34_jpeg-803895.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56204/0C17157F-6B17-4C80-863A-8056C51EF223_jpeg-803911.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56204/D4818388-FECF-417A-8D12-BD359C6D84FC_jpeg-803888.JPG

This is the time of year when I do a lot of production so it’s just lots of waiting between processes. Building models is a bit healthier than arguing with strangers on the Internet in the meantime. Really wish I’d picked it back up a while ago,when I still had decent eyesight and coordination
View Quote
Nice. Now you just have to make Forney and Gamidges' chopper.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#40]
I like the idea of this but the only kit seems out of production and if I found one think I would have to make it Duane Thorin's,who Forney was based upon. He's an incredibly unsung hero,having saved 100 pilots and spent a year and a half as a POW,then dedicated the rest of his life to anti-Communism.

On the left,though his green cover became a top hat.

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I like the idea of this but the only kit seems out of production and if I found one think I would have to make it Duane Thorin's,who Forney was based upon. He's an incredibly unsung hero,having saved 100 pilots and spent a year and a half as a POW,then dedicated the rest of his life to anti-Communism.

On the left,though his green cover became a top hat.

http://communityassociations.net/ca124/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/1thorin_cowden.jpg
View Quote
There's a 1/48 one up on ebay right now. Made by Fonderie Miniature. Never heard of them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:36:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#44]
I sprayed the Panther all dark blue but really didn’t like the way it looked. In photos they really are just overall solidly dark with no visible panel lines or fading but it looked too toy like. I guess it’s that realism vs looking right in scale thing.

So I thinned down the base color by 50% and put some on with a few drops of white and black. It might disappear under gloss coat or may look awful???????

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#45]
I learned 2 things yesterday: that the product that replaced Future doesn't spray exactly like Future and that taking the first Internet advice on how to remove a pebbled coat of Future was not good. The Panther needs a full strip
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I learned 2 things yesterday: that the product that replaced Future doesn't spray exactly like Future and that taking the first Internet advice on how to remove a pebbled coat of Future was not good. The Panther needs a full strip
View Quote
Damn I'm glad I bought extra future when I did. Is there a trick on spraying the new stuff that replaced it?
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:38:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ugh. First Testors messes with Dullcoat, now Future. Gah. They're ruining all the clearcoats.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:03:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

I stripped it with some floor cleaner and repainted.

His methods of finishing are pretty old school compared to how everyone paints and weathers today but I really appreciate how perfectly finished Paul Budzik’s models are,they look like museum pieces. I don’t have the eyes,the patience or the skills for that but got the inspiration for how to deal with raised panel lines from one of his videos,lightly sand so they pop through the paint. It looks much better in real life than phone picture,they look drawn on.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56204/DE417F98-15F4-4938-94C2-917284774577_jpeg-812032.JPG

I stripped it with some floor cleaner and repainted.

His methods of finishing are pretty old school compared to how everyone paints and weathers today but I really appreciate how perfectly finished Paul Budzik’s models are,they look like museum pieces. I don’t have the eyes,the patience or the skills for that but got the inspiration for how to deal with raised panel lines from one of his videos,lightly sand so they pop through the paint. It looks much better in real life than phone picture,they look drawn on.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56204/67A00931-E647-4737-9CE5-DA26E20F3987_jpeg-812043.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/56204/7BD795B0-9713-478E-A6CC-EE5BCEA9AF36_jpeg-812044.JPG
View Quote
Looks great I always love the Panther.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top