Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 1:38:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 2:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I need a L and an O.  I have an  extra N and A if anybody wants to trade.
View Quote
N's must be popular. Got this bottle a few days ago
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#3]
They're all on ebay. 12 bucks or less will get you any letter you want.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/236899/n_jpg-978553.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need a L and an O.  I have an  extra N and A if anybody wants to trade.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/236899/n_jpg-978553.JPG
I believe that’s the 2nd N, if I’m not mistaken.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never seen a Blantons in the wild.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've never seen a Blantons in the wild.
View Quote
The juice is worth the squeeze, brother.
Link Posted: 6/29/2019 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The juice is worth the squeeze, brother.
View Quote
Ha, I can’t even get a single bottle! At this point I have better odds of hooking up with Scarlett Johansson.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ha, I can’t even get a single bottle! At this point I have better odds of hooking up with Scarlett Johansson.
View Quote
Best bet is probably going to be the non chain liquor stores in less desirable areas.  I spent months looking for it.  Finally got bored one day and drove to about 2 dozen liquors stores in the hood.  Ended up finding it at quite a few of them but they knew what they had and were priced high.  The cheapest was $120 (which I bought) but they went all the way up to $260.  Since then, I've found a place that has it on the shelf most of the time for $100 and a place that gets it pretty consistently for $80.  I actually snagged a couple at the liquor store in the Las Vegas airport for $90.  They had just got their own barrel so they were selling them for "cheap" for a week or so.  Then the price went back up to ~$200.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Best bet is probably going to be the non chain liquor stores in less desirable areas.  I spent months looking for it.  Finally got bored one day and drove to about 2 dozen liquors stores in the hood.  Ended up finding it at quite a few of them but they knew what they had and were priced high.  The cheapest was $120 (which I bought) but they went all the way up to $260.  Since then, I've found a place that has it on the shelf most of the time for $100 and a place that gets it pretty consistently for $80.  I actually snagged a couple at the liquor store in the Las Vegas airport for $90.  They had just got their own barrel so they were selling them for "cheap" for a week or so.  Then the price went back up to ~$200.  
View Quote
My problem here is that the owners of the liquor stores are holding certain liquors back for family members and friends.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I havent seen a bottle of Blantons on the shelf in over two years, when I ask about it the person behind the counter usually laughs at me and asks if I want to be put on their waiting list.
Link Posted: 7/1/2019 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Keep me posted, maybe we can work a trade.....

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/135145/iwantone-1000893.gif
View Quote
5 months of searching, I walked into a CVS for diapers.

Link Posted: 7/20/2019 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I managed to snag a bottle last night with an L.

Now I just need to find a bottle with an O to have the complete set.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice score man. I’m just missing the L, A, and 2nd N now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 11:12:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Which N do you need?  I have some extras.  I have 2 of the right rear leg pointing fwd and 1 of the right rear pointing aft.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Which N do you need?  I have some extras.  I have 2 of the right rear leg pointing fwd and 1 of the right rear pointing aft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 2nd N with the right leg pointing to the rear like the bottom middle in the grid. It also has N: instead of just N in the circle.

I have an extra T if you’re needing one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 12:38:53 AM EDT
[#17]
The thing I don't get is why they focus on overseas sales when they can't meet their US demand.  They have a couple of bottlings that are export only.  When I went to a liquor store in Germany while visiting my brother they had tons of regular Blantons, plus the Gold and something else that's only available overseas for reasonable domestic prices.   I bought some to bring back, but there's nothing on the shelf here.

It's good stuff, but I'm not going to drive an hour when they have comparable quality whiskeys near by.
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 1:22:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Why are some of the Blanton's in a bag while others are in the netting?
Link Posted: 7/21/2019 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 4:36:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I always thought the retailer was unboxing and unbagging the bottles for display/sale.
The netting is something a lot of retailers will place on expensive bottles to keep it from being glass on glass when bagging.

I could be wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why are some of the Blanton's in a bag while others are in the netting?
I always thought the retailer was unboxing and unbagging the bottles for display/sale.
The netting is something a lot of retailers will place on expensive bottles to keep it from being glass on glass when bagging.

I could be wrong.
When I visited the distillery, in the Blanton's bottling line they explained that the net/bag/box is randomly distributed. I always thought it was some shenanigans with the retailer before that.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 1:22:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m also missing the L, A, & N (first N).
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 11:40:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks to me like they're owned by the Sazerac Company, Inc out of New Orleans.  The link below gives good info on the different kinds of Blanton's.

https://www.whisqy.com/blog/en/blanton-worldwide-shipping-straight-gold-original-reserve.html
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/14/2019 11:59:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm so confused now...  But, it's still good bourbon!
Link Posted: 8/15/2019 1:15:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They even sell a rack/holder for them.
View Quote
If you send them all in to the Buffalo Trace Distillery, they will mount it for free on a stave and send it back to you.

(Here’s an example of what they will send you back)
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2019 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If you send them all in to the Buffalo Trace Distillery, they will mount it for free on a stave and send it back to you.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78149/B44AF01B-13A2-4966-A935-EA855F47400F_jpeg-1054828.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/78149/B44AF01B-13A2-4966-A935-EA855F47400F_jpeg-1054828.JPG
Hi,
New here, been collecting these stoppers for a while. I need an A and the first N; have an L and S to trade. @jokermann, where do you get your info that "they will mount it for free on a stave and send it back to you"? At the Blanton's Store I see the stave you show selling for $99:

https://www.blantonsbourbonshop.com/shop/barrel-stave

I can't find any mention of free anything.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Hi,
New here, been collecting these stoppers for a while. I need an A and the first N; have an L and S to trade. @jokermann, where do you get your info that "they will mount it for free on a stave and send it back to you"? At the Blanton's Store I see the stave you show selling for $99:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi,

Well, I can attest that they do indeed mount them on a barrel stave for free, one time only per customer. Thanks to 45ProCarry I was able to complete my collection and I just received mine.

Link Posted: 10/1/2019 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Hi,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Hi,

Well, I can attest that they do indeed mount them on a barrel stave for free, one time only per customer. Thanks to 45ProCarry I was able to complete my collection and I just received mine.

Link Posted: 10/1/2019 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://scontent.fnyc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71093744_10218270549171673_7601440734884921344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQlY-eZOHXfdvgWRWWInPbqnfNZozzPJeYn6kcNxbNrYG9diA0Yq5yCQdHThmlYdfU4&_nc_ht=scontent.fnyc1-1.fna&oh=2d9771cc8a19c66dbb55800c2e8ed618&oe=5E2B2625
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi,

https://scontent.fnyc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/71093744_10218270549171673_7601440734884921344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_oc=AQlY-eZOHXfdvgWRWWInPbqnfNZozzPJeYn6kcNxbNrYG9diA0Yq5yCQdHThmlYdfU4&_nc_ht=scontent.fnyc1-1.fna&oh=2d9771cc8a19c66dbb55800c2e8ed618&oe=5E2B2625
Sorry, I didn’t see this earlier!!! I heard from the tour guide when we visited the distillery. That’s awesome! I’m still working on mine, but have slowed down on picking up bottles because it’s harder to find around me. For me I’ve had some offers for toppers (much appreciated) however, I want them all to be from bottles that I either have Drank from, or my own bottles. That’s just what makes it fun for me :)
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#32]
I’m about to pick up 1 bottle of 12 in about 1 1/2 hours. I’m excited.
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 1:42:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
If this is your first bottle, and first time trying it. I’m sorry for your loss..... you’re ruining all your other bourbon experiences! LOL!!!  If not, congrats! LoL

Just playin just playin!!!

Enjoy my friend!!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2019 8:36:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Found a bottle with a B today

It's nice to walk in and have the cashier remember you and ask if you're looking for Blantons
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Found a bottle with a B today

It's nice to walk in and have the cashier remember you and ask if you're looking for Blantons
View Quote
You guys must have a regular supply of it in ND. That's where the bottle came from that another member sent me a couple months ago. I've since found another locally, so now I have A and S corks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2019 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Was the Blanton's you bought overseas the same proof as what gets sold here?

I had heard that they sell different proofs overseas.  No idea why, or if it's true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The thing I don't get is why they focus on overseas sales when they can't meet their US demand.  They have a couple of bottlings that are export only.  When I went to a liquor store in Germany while visiting my brother they had tons of regular Blantons, plus the Gold and something else that's only available overseas for reasonable domestic prices.   I bought some to bring back, but there's nothing on the shelf here.

It's good stuff, but I'm not going to drive an hour when they have comparable quality whiskeys near by.
Was the Blanton's you bought overseas the same proof as what gets sold here?

I had heard that they sell different proofs overseas.  No idea why, or if it's true.
The "Gold" is a higher proof and you can only buy it overseas. The also have a "Green" that I believe is a lower proof than the US Blantons.

I have had the Gold, the bottle is smaller as well and a few % higher on alcohol. To me, it wasn't as good or smooth as the original Blantons.
Link Posted: 10/21/2019 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
If this is your first bottle, and first time trying it. I’m sorry for your loss..... you’re ruining all your other bourbon experiences! LOL!!!  If not, congrats! LoL

Enjoy my friend!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy my friend!!!
Just picked up a second bottle today! I just got to get over this cold and be done with the Z-pack before I pop open the first bottle.
Link Posted: 11/1/2019 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hi,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hi,

They do mount for free!  Here's the email from the distillery today.  Sending mine in as we speak.

Dave,

We do mount the stoppers for our customers who have completed the collection. There should be a total of 8 stoppers including two different “N”s. The second N has two dots to the right of it. If your collection is complete send them to 113 Great Buffalo Trace, Frankfort KY 40601 to the attention of the Gift Shop. Be sure and include your shipping information so that we can return it to you. We will mount them on a used barrel stave suitable for display. The process takes about two weeks and there is no charge.

We appreciate your loyalty to our wonderful Blanton’s bourbon.

Alan Tenniswood
Consumer Affairs
Buffalo Trace Distillery
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 5:32:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They do mount for free!  Here's the email from the distillery today.  Sending mine in as we speak.

Dave,

We do mount the stoppers for our customers who have completed the collection. There should be a total of 8 stoppers including two different “N”s. The second N has two dots to the right of it. If your collection is complete send them to 113 Great Buffalo Trace, Frankfort KY 40601 to the attention of the Gift Shop. Be sure and include your shipping information so that we can return it to you. We will mount them on a used barrel stave suitable for display. The process takes about two weeks and there is no charge.

We appreciate your loyalty to our wonderful Blanton’s bourbon.

Alan Tenniswood
Consumer Affairs
Buffalo Trace Distillery
View Quote
That is pretty cool.

Welcome to the forum btw.
Link Posted: 11/3/2019 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#41]
If anybody has an extra L, A, O, or 2nd N I have an extra T if you need it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If anybody has an extra L, A, O, or 2nd N I have an extra T if you need it.
View Quote
@HeyCoach

I have an extra A and need a T if still available
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/11/2019 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#45]
we went to KY and did the whole tour, all that. Gift shop was putting out bottles of Blantons for I wanna say $60. Couldn't argue but could only swing one at the time. Very good and I'll keep looking for them, I like them as a company.

My favorite part is the stopper a worker handed to my 4 year old right off the assembly/bottling line. I was jealous and very appreciative.
Link Posted: 11/26/2019 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 10:23:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Ha, I traded my extra T for an A from a forum member here. I walked into my local ABC store and there was one Blanton’s bottle on the shelf.

So, does anybody have a spare L, O, or 2nd N and need an A?
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Attachment Attached File

I just lucked out.  Liquor manager at the local store texted me that he got some Blanton's in.  I hauled ass down there and scored a case.

For $50 a bottle.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Finally, after about 5 years of searching I have the entire stopper collection.  These were all from bottles I purchased on my own.  Once I open my "B" bottle, I will post a pic of my full barrel stave.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Got my stave yesterday. I had sent my stoppers in mid November and as of last week had not heard from them. I called the BT gift shop and they had no record of receipt. I gave them my tracking information and they began an investigation. A couple of days later they called me and said they could not find them, but that they were sending a stave anyway. A very classy organization, that one.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top