BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I did not know this! Hahaha...  So "Barefoot Shiraz" could as easily be US or French sourced syrah as Aussie Shiraz? So much for terroir...
View Quote
Meh, they'll let you know somewhere on the label. I mean, it's Barefoot.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Meh, they'll let you know somewhere on the label. I mean, it's Barefoot.
View Quote
It's $5 a bottle. I've paid a lot more for wine that didn't taste much better.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Who sets the price on say a bottle of Jack Daniels?
Is it up to the local Liquor Store, or does Jack Daniels decide?

Same question goes for beer pricing?
Is pricing up to each store to set there own price?

What is the average profit margin on a bottle of liquor?
What is the average profit margin on a bottle of wine?
(or at least there mark_up)

If I was going to open up a smaller 1300sqft Mom & Papa, local liquor store.
How much money would I need to invest in inventory?

In the average mom & papa store, how much space is allocated for wine section vs the liquor section vs the beer section?

As a store how much support do you get from your distributor / brand?
( promotions / give away, signage / advertising ect...) 

If you  already owned and were in the retail business; and owned the strip center it was in , with a open space.
Instead of renting it out, would you open a liquor store?   (ummmm asking for a friend....)
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Who sets the price on say a bottle of Jack Daniels?
Is it up to the local Liquor Store, or does Jack Daniels decide?
Reatailer

Same question goes for beer pricing?
Is pricing up to each store to set there own price?
pretty much

What is the average profit margin on a bottle of liquor?
too many variables to even come close.  For a retailer? Maybe 30% Lots depends on competition.
What is the average profit margin on a bottle of wine?
(or at least there mark_up)
roughly the same, but still, the variables are endless.....

If I was going to open up a smaller 1300sqft Mom & Papa, local liquor store.
How much money would I need to invest in inventory?
again, I could not even begin to list the variables, but $50K would be a low estimate. Laws vary by state, but I would guess in most all states a distributor is going to want 100% payment. Up front.  Too many folks have grandiose plans with shallow pockets.

In the average mom & papa store, how much space is allocated for wine section vs the liquor section vs the beer section?
Man, you want some specific answers to general questions. You could find a lot of answers visiting some of your local establishments with a calculator.

As a store how much support do you get from your distributor / brand?
( promotions / give away, signage / advertising ect...) 
Let's start with asking how much are you gonna buy?

If you  already owned and were in the retail business; and owned the strip center it was in , with a open space.
Instead of renting it out, would you open a liquor store?   (ummmm asking for a friend....)
Nope.
View Quote
Listen, I am not dodging, you are just looking for specific answers...to really general questions. Let me help you with some questions you should be asking.
A.) How much is a package license in your state? Here in Fl it varies. Every county has XX amount of licenses. The State runs a lottery yearly and for a modest sum (~1K) you can enter. It's a lottery. No refunds. Oh, you want to buy  a license. Beer and wine? Cheap. Liquor??? Now you're talking!! $100-$300K plus.depends on the county, availability, and again, lots of variables.
2.) What competition do you have nearby? A Costco/Sam's within 15 minutes? Forgettaboutit. They can buy by the pallet. They work on 9-10% margin too. Grocery stores or chain liquor stores...they buy by the pallet too. Only work off of 20-30%.

Again, laws vary a lot state to state, so a lot of these factors change, but the liquor store business is not the cash cow it used to be 20-30 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
@jjrockbush

Can you find out when these are gonna hit FL or if any are left from the last release?

http://bourbonr.com/blog/bookers-rye-to-aid-hurricane-relief-efforts/
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#6]
@Mattyvac
ABC Fine Wine and Liquor will get all of it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top