Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2017 10:12:09 PM EDT
Anyone use them? Shoebox Shave Shop has them on sale for .99 each
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably the best lathering soap on the market even compared to the expensive brands. The only complaint people have about the soap is the fact it's non scented if that's a complaint at all. Incredible deal for a great shaving soap.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Don’t know if I’d call it the best lathering soap but it is pretty darn good. For the price it’s a hell of a deal. If you haven’t used a stick before though, it helps to learn first. It’s in my rotation of shave soaps.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I cut it up and mash it in a wooden shave bowl and use my brush.
Excellent soap! I believe it's tallow based.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I love it.
I recently started on a cake of Stirling wool tallow soap, on the advice of a friend.
I think I'm going back to Arko
Link Posted: 12/24/2017 1:32:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love it.
I recently started on a cake of Stirling wool tallow soap, on the advice of a friend.
I think I'm going back to Arko
View Quote
Arko's all I use for years now.  I mash it in a mug.

Great stuff.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I started using it a few months ago and its a great soap for the price.  It lathers up really nice, smells good, and it's super cheap.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
One stick will last you a very long time.  Not knowing that I bought a 12 pack a few years ago.

Glad I like it!  Mine is scented and I like the smell also.

Doesn't lather very well if you have hard water.  We just put a softener in so I'm seeing a huge difference.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I tend to use Arko the most. I just read the paper off the top of the stick and run it on my way face. Then take a wet hand and lather it all up and shave it off. Cheap, easy, and smells good.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Probably the best lathering soap on the market even compared to the expensive brands. The only complaint people have about the soap is the fact it's non scented if that's a complaint at all. Incredible deal for a great shaving soap.
View Quote
Well to be fair I like Arko a lot but it’s got a detergent agent in it, which is the ghetto ass way to make your soap lather well. it’s pretty dang rough on your face compared to a true premium soap like Mitchell’s Woolfat for example & it’s significantly harder to do it the right way with animal fats and oils. Significantly harder than that to do it vegan. So it’s not a fair comparison at all.

But at its price point? Yeah it’s awesome, I bought the 12 pack box of sticks and 3 of those bowls they did for a long time. My wife uses it to shave her legs. Love that scent too, similar to citronella reminds me of summer and camping.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#10]
That's my most used soap, bought a big box off of Amazon years ago. I still have a lot left. It leathers really well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Well to be fair I like Arko a lot but it’s got a detergent agent in it, which is the ghetto ass way to make your soap lather well. it’s pretty dang rough on your face compared to a true premium soap like Mitchell’s Woolfat for example & it’s significantly harder to do it the right way with animal fats and oils. Significantly harder than that to do it vegan. So it’s not a fair comparison at all.

But at its price point? Yeah it’s awesome, I bought the 12 pack box of sticks and 3 of those bowls they did for a long time. My wife uses it to shave her legs. Love that scent too, similar to citronella reminds me of summer and camping.
View Quote
Arko isn't vegan, it's a tallow soap.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 2:49:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m aware of what’s in it.

Read again and see if you can’t figure out what I was saying.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 6:04:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have heard the scent likened to a urinal cake. I have never used Arko so I can't say if I agree with that or not but do have to say that some peoples opinions of D R Harris Marlborough smelling like an ashtray are wrong but I would agree that Tabac smells like an old lady's purse (sort of like cheap scented talcum powder).
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have heard the scent likened to a urinal cake. I have never used Arko so I can't say if I agree with that or not but do have to say that some peoples opinions of D R Harris Marlborough smelling like an ashtray are wrong but I would agree that Tabac smells like an old lady's purse (sort of like cheap scented talcum powder).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s similar but I don’t find it or urinal cakes to be bad smells. I also didn’t find Marlboro Smokey.

Tabac smells like somebody dumped an ashtray into an old lady’s purse and her rose perfume was leaking. I forced myself to use it once, the lather did live up to the hype, before selling it at a discount. Awful stuff.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 12:58:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I’m aware of what’s in it.

Read again and see if you can’t figure out what I was saying.
View Quote
I read it again (with the clarification), and certainly can now figure out what you intended to say.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top