Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2017 3:37:03 PM EDT
I posted a pic in the straight razor discussion in GD  - I'll post here again. poor picture - lighting is terrible here.   Recommendations for someone to restore / repair an old Straight.

I have 2, one is a pre 1891 Wade & Butcher Sheffield.  I read on another forum than no 'England' on the tang makes it pre-1891.

This razor has a nick in the blade, and a broken scale (horn).  

Any recommendations where it could be sent to be re-honed, polished, and the horn repaired?

The second one is a Geo. Wostenholm & Son Original Pipe Razor - no idea how old it is.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:05:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I sent the Original Pipe Razor off to be cleaned and honed.  I'm anxious to see it.  

The Wade & Butcher will likely need a complete overhaul and new scales.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I use my Grandfathers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top