Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2017 10:42:55 AM EDT
Nothing as refreshing on a hot SC summer day like shaving with ice water and mentholated shave cream (C.O. Bigelow)
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Do people not do this year-round? Remember Good Morning Vietnam?

"To avoid razor burn problems, always rinse your razor with cold water instead of hot.."
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 4:56:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I cold water shave year round !!!! Hot water can further irritation after a shave

Add- Also as a cool summer trick ? Store your aftershave balm in the fridge. It feels so good when you apply it
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought the super fancy scuttle to keep my shaving cream warm and all that jazz. In the end I found out my skin likes cold water shaving much better. I have no idea why. I do it all year round now.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 12:20:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I started doing this after reading this thread. I still use warm water for soaking the brush and starting to work up a lather, but use cooler water for rinsing the razor between strokes. It seems to work well for my face.
Thanks ! ! !

ETA: After reading the two articles posted below, I’m lowering the water temperature on the brush soak,
beard prep, and lathering as well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:20:32 AM EDT
[#8]
After reading this thread and some of the others, I’ve gone over completely to cold water shaving, year round. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to warm water.

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]
If you are looking for new shaving soap with menthol to try besides Bigelow/Proraso I would suggest one of the following;
one of Stirling Soap Co. many mentholated soaps such as Orange Chill, Lemon Chill, Margaritas in the Arctic, Gin & Tonic on the rocks, Iced Pineapple, Spearmint, Wintergreen, Frozen Tundra, Black Ice or Eskimo Tuxedo
Barrister and Mann: Terror
The Sudsy Soapery; Blizzard, Frosted Lemon or Pine & Cedar
Chiseled Face: Cryogen
Oleo Soapworks: Polar
Noble Otter: Orbit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 6:40:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are looking for new shaving soap with menthol to try besides Bigelow/Proraso I would suggest one of the following;
one of Stirling Soap Co. many mentholated soaps such as Orange Chill, Lemon Chill, Margaritas in the Arctic, Gin & Tonic on the rocks, Iced Pineapple, Spearmint, Wintergreen, Frozen Tundra, Black Ice or Eskimo Tuxedo
Barrister and Mann: Terror
The Sudsy Soapery; Blizzard, Frosted Lemon or Pine & Cedar
Chiseled Face: Cryogen
Oleo Soapworks: Polar
Noble Otter: Orbit.
View Quote

Yep, I'm looking at some Stirling soap as I'm now down to my last half-tube of C.O.B.

I need to start keeping a re-used gallon jug of water in the fridge as now it's so hot outside that the "cold" water that comes out of the tap is warm at its coolest. Ice maker does not make enough ice for both daily drinking and shaving needs.

Another benefit of cold water shaving is that you will not lose as many brush bristles as you would when using hot water.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top