Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2016 6:43:18 PM EDT
Used a 6/8 Gold Dollar that was beveled on a Atoma diamond hone followed by a Chosera 1K, Shapton pro 5k, and finished on a vintage coticule. Hoooly shit this thing is sharp and smooth. No nicks, can't wait to do it again

Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:17:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm the opposite.

I started my quest on straight edge blades, paid the price, and loved it.

Went to a DE, and now my two straight razors are for special occasions and neck trimming.

Straight razors are great. But DE is the perfect balance for me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Used a 6/8 Gold Dollar that was beveled on a Atoma diamond hone followed by a Chosera 1K, Shapton pro 5k, and finished on a vintage coticule. Hoooly shit this thing is sharp and smooth. No nicks, can't wait to do it again  
View Quote

congrats.  if you want to buy an outstanding straight razor, that's on sale check out https://www.classicshaving.com/collections/hart-steel

i just purchased my third one.  great razor at a great price.  great shaver

if you want me to post some razor forum urls, let me know.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top