Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2016 8:31:59 PM EDT
I do, about 3-4 reverse strokes across the heel of my hand. Seems to work OK, I've used the same Mach III cartridge for....ever.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, on the underside of my forearm.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]
No.

I did try it for a while after reading about it on the internet. Did not notice any difference.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I recommend blue jeans for stropping cartridges.  Hang them over the door or shower curtain rod so that you can pull a leg taught.  When I was still using cartridges I would do about 10-20 strokes in one direction (up the leg of the pants) and 10-20 the other way (down the leg) and get a better shave than straight out of the box.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Serious question:  How do you properly strop a blade you can't A) lay flat  B) strop both sides?    I could see stropping a DE blade, but can't see any real advantage of stropping a multi-blade cartridge since you can't work both sides of the blade for a 'cleaned' edge.    My thoughts are that at the set angle and only one side, you'd only be dulling the blade.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Serious question:  How do you properly strop a blade you can't A) lay flat  B) strop both sides?    I could see stropping a DE blade, but can't see any real advantage of stropping a multi-blade cartridge since you can't work both sides of the blade for a 'cleaned' edge.    My thoughts are that at the set angle and only one side, you'd only be dulling the blade.
View Quote

Not so much true stropping as just moving the burr.  If you lay the cartridge flat against your "strop" and push opposite the cutting direction, it will slightly smooth that side of the edge resulting in a better shave.  Try it next time you get ready to dump a cartridge, you'll notice a pretty big difference.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Best thing for cartridges is the trash can.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I tried it, but could never notice a difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top