Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Feather blades in a 1953 Gillette Super Speed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Gillette Silver Blue

Feather
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 8:24:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Bluebird.
Polsilver Super Iridium.

Feather would be a distant third place.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My new Go-To is Voshkod teflon coated.

I have gotten 5 EXCELLENT shaves out of one blade and am going to try for a 6th in a few minutes.

Best blades I have found yet.

FWIW I have a heavy beard.

Update.

#6 was a pretty good (but not excellent) shave.

Still, 5 excellents and a good shave out of one blade ain't bad.

I wonder what kind of ships the Russians make these blades out of.
View Quote
I just picked up 100 Voshkod for $7.69.  Needed to reload after 6 years worth of Feathers...I'm a bit apprehensive but the reviews I've seen for the Voshkods are pretty good.
If they're not made from derelict Soviet navy ships, they might be scrap T-34s...
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Decided to try Astra SP's. Man do they give a mild, smooth, irritation free shave.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 3:24:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't found a blade as sharp as feathers and I need a sharp blade to cut my whiskers.

Downside is: Feathers are getting moderately spendy. They've nearly tripled since I started using them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't found a blade as sharp as feathers and I need a sharp blade to cut my whiskers.

Downside is: Feathers are getting moderately spendy. They've nearly tripled since I started using them.
View Quote
Yes, they are getting pricey.  I usually get them when they are on sale, they were on sale for $18.99 for 100 at Italian Barber.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Feathers in a Rocnel Sailor
or
Kai in a Timeless Stainless
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:14:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been liking the Voshkods I picked up a while ago...so much I just got another 100 in. Looks like it's them for almost the next 4 years.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top