BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 5:50:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#2]
This past Saturday, I tried on one of the In-House Black Bay 41mm with the blue bezel. I was really impressed and for some reason, I never really felt like it was too tall in the store. I’ve never really been much of a fan of blue bezels, but it wasn’t really that bad especially next to blue jeans. The Blue 58 is way to blue for me. The blue dial and bezel just kill it for me. I understand it’s more of a nod to the older Tudor Submariners, but I can’t get excited about them.

On a side note, I went to Genesis Diamonds (a different store than the one listed above) in Louisville, they’re an Omega and Breitling authorized dealer. This weekend they announced their open house for their Rolex Pre-Owned specials. I quickly realized that they were either just allowing a grey market dealer sell their collection at their storefront or they bought the Rolexs to sell them as a non-Authorized dealer. Either way, their collection was spectacular! Everything about them screamed ‘Authorized Dealer’, I asked if they were and they laughingly said no. No authorized dealer has this large of a collection of Rolexs for sale. I asked him if that’s because companies like his were responsible for buying them all up. I was respectful, but I felt wrong just looking at them. They were charging double MSRP on everything I saw. I couldn’t believe the market allows for business like this to occur… then I saw this 25 year old walk up beside me and ask if gold Rolexs were made with real gold. He said he was 25 and was looking for a watch. He asked their financing options and bought a gold Datejust right there for $35k! Absolutely insane. I’m happy for him, but I’m afraid he bought it for the wrong reasons. He must have been a Tiktoker the way he was dressed. Deep down, my 30 year old ass was jealous, but I’m still happy for him. I walked out of the store dept free.

I’m waiting to hear from my actual local authorized dealer when the steel date black bay will be here. I’m excited. I think it will be a good watch. Thanks for everyone’s help!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People will notice the Tudor more than the Sinn I believe. Tudor has become quiet popular in the past few years with the skyrocketing prices of Rolex, and the fact that its a Rolex family company has helped their marketing as well. Their is a known QC with their datejust models, so I would get the BB58, or Pelagos without the date if I were to buy one (considering it). The Tudor is also probably going to be more of an investment piece than the Sinn as well. Check out watchuseek.com and do some research. If you decide on the Sinn, you might be able to catch a deal on there or somashop.com
View Quote

I wear my Pelagos almost daily. I had the first person comment on it last week. He asked if it was a BB. That's in over a year of daily wear. Most people, honestly, don't notice watches unless it says Rolex on the face. Even then, I think watches were lost on a whole generation before the current resurgence of the auto.

OP, Tudor, for sure. The Sinn is nice, but I don't put them in the same category.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I wear my Pelagos almost daily. I had the first person comment on it last week. He asked if it was a BB. That's in over a year of daily wear. Most people, honestly, don't notice watches unless it says Rolex on the face. Even then, I think watches were lost on a whole generation before the current resurgence of the auto.

OP, Tudor, for sure. The Sinn is nice, but I don't put them in the same category.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Most people don’t care.

I realized while in Vegas that everyone has a flashy watch these days. Seiko, citizen, Tudor, etc... even the polished metal g shocks.  

You’re right. It’s mostly lost (good thing) with folks unless your a watch person. My wife didn’t notice the sub41 as any different than my other divers “all look the same”.

ETA: DO NOT pay over msrp on a new reference

Quoted:
This past Saturday, I tried on one of the In-House Black Bay 41mm with the blue bezel. I was really impressed and for some reason, I never really felt like it was too tall in the store. I’ve never really been much of a fan of blue bezels, but it wasn’t really that bad especially next to blue jeans. The Blue 58 is way to blue for me. The blue dial and bezel just kill it for me. I understand it’s more of a nod to the older Tudor Submariners, but I can’t get excited about them.

On a side note, I went to Genesis Diamonds (a different store than the one listed above) in Louisville, they’re an Omega and Breitling authorized dealer. This weekend they announced their open house for their Rolex Pre-Owned specials. I quickly realized that they were either just allowing a grey market dealer sell their collection at their storefront or they bought the Rolexs to sell them as a non-Authorized dealer. Either way, their collection was spectacular! Everything about them screamed ‘Authorized Dealer’, I asked if they were and they laughingly said no. No authorized dealer has this large of a collection of Rolexs for sale. I asked him if that’s because companies like his were responsible for buying them all up. I was respectful, but I felt wrong just looking at them. They were charging double MSRP on everything I saw. I couldn’t believe the market allows for business like this to occur… then I saw this 25 year old walk up beside me and ask if gold Rolexs were made with real gold. He said he was 25 and was looking for a watch. He asked their financing options and bought a gold Datejust right there for $35k! Absolutely insane. I’m happy for him, but I’m afraid he bought it for the wrong reasons. He must have been a Tiktoker the way he was dressed. Deep down, my 30 year old ass was jealous, but I’m still happy for him. I walked out of the store dept free.

I’m waiting to hear from my actual local authorized dealer when the steel date black bay will be here. I’m excited. I think it will be a good watch. Thanks for everyone’s help!

Nice! In speaking with a couple Tudor AD's over the past month - most are getting inventory within a few weeks, supply isn't as interrupted as the big brother.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:40:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Most people don’t care.

I realized while in Vegas that everyone has a flashy watch these days. Seiko, citizen, Tudor, etc... even the polished metal g shocks.  

You’re right. It’s mostly lost (good thing) with folks unless your a watch person. My wife didn’t notice the sub41 as any different than my other divers “all look the same”.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people don’t care.

My wife wears a I-watch. She probably wouldn't notice, either. Makes it easier for me to sneak a new one by.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My wife wears a I-watch. She probably wouldn't notice, either. Makes it easier for me to sneak a new one by.
View Quote

A lot like the pew pew's.

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Sinn

To be fair I absolutely hate the Tudor hour hand, if you gave me one it wouldn't even leave skid marks I would sell it so fast.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sinn

To be fair I absolutely hate the Tudor hour hand, if you gave me one it wouldn't even leave skid marks I would sell it so fast.
View Quote

Benz hand came back would you buy?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sinn

View Quote

I like the snowflake on certain watches. I actually prefer the tulip hands, wish more companies used them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Benz hand came back would you buy?
View Quote

Not a fan of those either although I kinda like the Zenith cathedral hands which are somewhat similar. I do like Daytonas though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Tudor, of the two (I’d probably try and find a used Omega 300 heritage)….but I would be looking for something completely different…..as different from a sub as possible.  As a sub owner, looking for a lower budget divers type watch for work (that didn’t appear like a sub)….I picked up a lightly used panerai.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry late to the show here. Get the Tudor, like others have said check around and get an older ETA based model rather than new in house model. I've never had anyone but real watch fans notice my Tudor but when they do they are always complimentary. I've had mine almost 4 years and picked it up used from Crown & Caliber. Buy once cry once , you will not regret saving and getting an older Tudor they will only go up in value.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I ordered a Tudor M79730. Should be here next month or so.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ordered a Tudor M79730. Should be here next month or so.
View Quote

Good pick. The black bay steel is the best of the bb’s.  I’ll find one some day as well.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top