Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2017 11:23:43 AM EDT
Seven divers from the Emerald picked up after being in the water probably 90 mins or so in my backyard.
Check out the video from PBSO....at 2:48 you can see another local in a grey suit circling checking things out.

PBSO video

Details on how this happened still not available.  

I have waited for bit, about 30 mins on the surface once waiting to be extracted in pretty heavy seas as far as diving is concerned [5' @ 4sec] Not cool.

The dive boat doing the pick up is from Jupiter Dive Center.  If you are ever in the area, this is THE go-to charter IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
That a dolphin swimming around them at 2:45? 
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That a dolphin swimming around them at 2:45? 
View Quote
Shark
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:09:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Rescue happened Wednesday.
Word is one of the rescued was on a dive yesterday and was bitten by a tiger on the hand is recovering
Action packed week for him.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Rescue happened Wednesday.
Word is one of the rescued was on a dive yesterday and was bitten by a tiger on the hand is recovering
Action packed week for him.
View Quote
Heard that it was a shark feed op, same boat, got tagged by a tiger during a feed dive.

2 incidents in a week, I think that's what we call a clue....
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Feed sharks? Chances are you're going to get bitten sooner or later.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Heard that it was a shark feed op, same boat, got tagged by a tiger during a feed dive.

2 incidents in a week, I think that's what we call a clue....
View Quote
Yes and the owner/op

I havent been on his boat as I am in the dont feed the critters camp.  Hes been doing it a while now....I will give him credit for that.  His boat is booked all the time from what I gather.
I wish him all the best as far as recovery.
There was diver death on same charter Thanksgiving day.  Non shark related but rough sea and a big guy
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
90 minutes is better than 9 hours.

The comments on that FB thread are pretty funny. Calling the guy a criminal.

Not how I'd like to end a dive. Hopefully they fed the sharks enough that they were full and didn't want to snack on the divers when they were floating on the surface.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#8]
happens all the time usually I only see one or two at a time.   most refuse help and just wait for dive boat.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top