Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2017 11:38:40 AM EDT
Wetsuits are great. They keep me nice and "not cold" in the cold water. They are also a proper pain in the ass to get into, especially if you are struggling get hot and then sweat a bit. 

I know the dive shop sells a silicone spray which you can spray on your arms and legs to help. Is that the easiest way to do it? Anything better or cheaper to use? I did hear a rumor one can use KY jelly of all things, which actually makes sense. 

Figured I'd check in and see what others are using, or do you just grab a fist full of neoprene, man up and pull hard?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Underarmor
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I used those lycra socks and the suits slipped right on and what didnt I muscled the rest
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Sandwich bags or plastic grocery bags work well. Or you could just say screw it and go with a dry suit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Baby shampoo diluted with water and applied with a spray bottle. See people do that out st the quarry all the time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Turn it inside out and sort of roll it on. You will need to adjust it some but it is much easier than just pulling it up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Plastic Grocery bags for hands and feet (what I did when I used to surf in cold water).

Getting them off was always harder...
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Baby shampoo diluted with water and applied with a spray bottle. See people do that out st the quarry all the time.
View Quote
Do that in the wrong place and you won't be diving.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
By wrong place, do you mean wrong diving location or wrong place on your body?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I found a wetsuit that actually fits me, so I'm sure I'll be trying some of these these tricks.

Last weekend at the quarry, I tried on a friend's Bare Evoke 3mm. It was super easy to get on and fit. It shouldn't have, but it did. DRIS has it on order for me and gave me a good deal. I wanted a 3mm for hot summer days out at the quarry as I'd die trying to get into my drysuit. Good to have for when I finally decide I want to dive warmer waters.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I found a wetsuit that actually fits me, so I'm sure I'll be trying some of these these tricks.

Last weekend at the quarry, I tried on a friend's Bare Evoke 3mm. It was super easy to get on and fit. It shouldn't have, but it did. DRIS has it on order for me and gave me a good deal. I wanted a 3mm for hot summer days out at the quarry as I'd die trying to get into my drysuit. Good to have for when I finally decide I want to dive warmer waters.
View Quote
I thought you were too good to dive warm waters and that you were only going to dive the cold stuff.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:03:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

By wrong place, do you mean wrong diving location or wrong place on your body?
View Quote
Dive location. They preach reef conservation/ protection and bitch about everything from sunscreen to defog.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:08:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought suits that fit well and never had a problem, especially after they broke in a little. Few good dives, especially deep ones and they would just go right on.

Best suit I ever had had wrist and ankle zips, acted like a semi dry, and it perfectly.  Lost in a storm when the tenders didn't tie the gear down right. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#13]
i have a 6.5 BearSkin farmer john two piece, Henderson 5mm jump suit and a rattle canned 3mm Seaquest.  They fit very well, snug but not constricting.  Never had problems putting them on.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:59:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I wear generic under armor leggins and long sleeve shirt.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:21:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a SP 5/4 Steamer. Last August here in North Texas I wore it all weekend diving a quarry. Turning it partially inside out and rolling it on was easy no matter hot warm or sweaty I was. It is fast and easy.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:01:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wear generic under armor leggins and long sleeve shirt.
View Quote
It really is the way to go.  After doing it, I'll never consider NOT doing it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Underarmor
View Quote
Yep, any of the Lycra skins. I've also seen someone use a plastic grocery bag to get into a wet wetsuit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It really is the way to go.  After doing it, I'll never consider NOT doing it.
View Quote
It also prevents chaffing as well allows greater movement.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Years ago it used to be a thing to use queen size panty hose.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought SuitJuice off of Amazon. Works pretty well.

Then again, I'd rather go diving in basketball shorts and a t-shirt if it's hot enough... the hour-long cave/cavern dive at Ginnie was a bit much though. My calves finally started cramping so bad I just had to dolphin it outta there
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I bought SuitJuice off of Amazon. Works pretty well.

Then again, I'd rather go diving in basketball shorts and a t-shirt if it's hot enough... the hour-long cave/cavern dive at Ginnie was a bit much though. My calves finally started cramping so bad I just had to dolphin it outta there
View Quote
Hypothermia is a bitch. Got it really bad as a kid in rock springs run. Was floating down the run then into the lake. Got to the middle and my entire body cramped. Floated on the surface the best I could and one arm paddled to shore. I was blue/purple. I layed in the sun on the shore for what seemed like forever before I moved.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:25:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Ky........ dont ask...
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 3:29:55 AM EDT
[#25]
grocery bags, done and done
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top