Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2017 1:19:51 PM EDT
Just bought my first dive computer; an Aqualung i200 watch style. It'll eventually be my back up.

The serial number ends in 1911.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Now it will continually freeze up and be picky about what batteries it likes....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now it will continually freeze up and be picky about what batteries it likes....
View Quote
What you did there,
Saw it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Geez, you would have been probably better off with an Oceanic. From what I read on SB, the AL computers are neutered versions of the Oceanics.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#4]
They have limited battery capacity and are heavy as shit. On the plus side, it can be used as a makeshift boat anchor.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:21:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Geez, you would have been probably better off with an Oceanic. From what I read on SB, the AL computers are neutered versions of the Oceanics.
View Quote
From what I understand aqualung bought out the oceanic computer division.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Unfortunately, yes. For current computers, the AL ones are similar to the Oceanic, from what i read, but they don't have the dual algorithms the Oceanics have (or at least the Geo has).
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They have limited battery capacity and are heavy as shit. On the plus side, it can be used as a makeshift boat anchor.
View Quote
Not sure about all of the hate, but this is my first, so I don't have a lot of knowledge to go on. But, I wouldn't consider the i200 as being heavy. It doesn't weigh much more than my Seiko dive watch, and is just barely bigger than it. Supposed to have a 2-3 year battery life; we'll see.

Logged 8 dives with it this weekend. So far, I'm happy enough with it. Fairly easy to use, and easy to read underwater. Seems to me that it'll be a good back up for myself, or the wife, once I get a larger model; thinking a Luna.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:05:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Not sure about all of the hate, but this is my first, so I don't have a lot of knowledge to go on. But, I wouldn't consider the i200 as being heavy. It doesn't weigh much more than my Seiko dive watch, and is just barely bigger than it. Supposed to have a 2-3 year battery life; we'll see.

Logged 8 dives with it this weekend. So far, I'm happy enough with it. Fairly easy to use, and easy to read underwater. Seems to me that it'll be a good back up for myself, or the wife, once I get a larger model; thinking a Luna.
View Quote
We were all making 1911 jokes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Went right over my head apparently!
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top