Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 1/29/2017 3:32:28 PM EDT
I use the DIRlogbook ap for convenience, which provides some additional stats in its online version.
I have just downloaded Subsurface [Linux user here] and will play with that later.  I do not have a cable for my Duo, but am thinking about getting one for the Mares I have.
Snapshot from Dirlogbook of this year's dives

What do you use?
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Pen and paper log book along with Shearwater desktop.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I do pen and paper. Didn't want to pay the $100 for a cable for my Oceanic Geo 2.0.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#3]
No paper log for me....akin to nun's making me do homework
I dive solo, so keep a log like this for well, me, and to show that I am an active diver to charters that will listen [no need for aow etc]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't kept a dive log in over 30 years. When I did, it was the pen and paper method.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 3:49:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pen and paper log book along with Shearwater desktop.
View Quote

This.  I advise everyone to keep a detailed log with a good narrative.  From time to time I enjoy reading my log books and reliving the experience.  Sometimes I'm lazy and just chart the data and no narrative and it is usless for spurring memories.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Shearwater Cloud was just released on iOS if you are part of the cool kids crowd. Just though I would share!
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Sigh, I will have to wait a  few years until I can snag a beater on craigslist

I have attempted to import dive info into Subsurface, but not working with what I have.   There are a few fields not in correct format.  I have logged 82 dives in the current app so far..not re-entering that.  Will try again, maybe with less
Link Posted: 11/23/2017 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Waiting for turkey so tinkering with stuff.

Old thread, but picked up an interface for my Quad this week and have started using Subsurface.   They offer cloud storage to compliment there new app which is very nice.
I like it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone..
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I use both MacDive and Subsurface. I still keep my detailed paper log. I like paper for adding details of weighting and such right after a dive, especially since I dive 3/5/7 wet as well as dry. I only add location and d enbuddies to the electronic logs I download from my Geo.

I'm upgrading to a Perdix AI over the winter, with two transmitters for SM. I wasn't going to go AI, but a friend who does SM showed me some of his Subsurface logs and I was hooked.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Waiting for turkey so tinkering with stuff.

Old thread, but picked up an interface for my Quad this week and have started using Subsurface.   They offer cloud storage to compliment there new app which is very nice.
I like it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone..
View Quote
I tried figuring out the cloud component to Subsurface but failed. I know other people who've had the same issue.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 9:38:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I use Linux, it was pretty straight forward.  
I am having trouble with adding/using custom tanks (tanks not in their dropdown list)
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top