Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2017 10:07:39 PM EDT
New to the vape scene. Am thinking about vaping but questions I need to ask before I spend the money on the vape machine and etc. I have Asthma "activity induced" and would vaping trigger my Asthma? When I say trigger I mean if someone is near and they are smoking a cigarette/menthol I can't breathe much until I am away from them.  From what I have been told by different vape shops I get different opinions some say I will be good to go and some say don't vape cause I have Asthma which is a lung long term disease which is easily triggered by certain things. I do have a emergency inhaler I take with me just in case I need it for whatever reason.  I have a lady friend I've known for awhile she works at a vape shop and vapes herself and she told me I would be on the safe side if I vape. She told me what vape machine to look in to and buy which is the SX Mini G glass and  the Kylin rdt tank even though these are expensive but she claims they are well worth it. 

Thank you for your time.

- Jamie 
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I never understood why people pay money to knowingly and willfully get cancer. I think it would be a better investment especially since you have a medical condition to try and quit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I never understood why people pay money to knowingly and willfully get cancer. I think it would be a better investment especially since you have a medical condition to try and quit.
View Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkm8Hteeh6M
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I would strongly recommend against picking up vaping.

It's long term health effects are still unknown.

You definitely don't sound like you're using it to quit smoking so why pick it up?

Vapor can be pretty thick and nicotine would make it harsh and possibly trigger an asthma attack depending on severity. Even if there is no nicotine involved, it's still hot vapor that can be pretty dense and still cause an asthma attack.

What's your motivation on getting into vaping? Tricks? Something to fuck with? Circuits and electrical resistance fascinates you?

If you have to carry an emergency inhaler, do you really want to fuck with your lungs?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkm8Hteeh6M
View Quote
??
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:17:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's long term health effects are still unknown.

You definitely don't sound like you're using it to quit smoking so why pick it up?

Vapor can be pretty thick and nicotine would make it harsh and possibly trigger an asthma attack depending on severity. Even if there is no nicotine involved, it's still hot vapor that can be pretty dense and still cause an asthma attack.

What's your motivation on getting into vaping? Tricks? Something to fuck with? Circuits and electrical resistance fascinates you?
View Quote
Never smoked in my entire life. Wanted to try something new and see how I like it to be really honest. 
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Never smoked in my entire life. Wanted to try something new and see how I like it to be really honest. 
View Quote
I don't intend to sound like a dick but I absolutely mean it. This is not a hobby you should pursue. The risk is not worth it. Especially if you use nicotine and give yourself an addiction you don't need.

Try out arfcoms favorite hobby: lockpicking.
Check out an oxygen or IV bar (side note, they're actually pretty fucking cool).
Learn cardistry.
Learn woodworking.

Seriously though. If your lungs are a point of weakness on your body, please don't fuck with them.

I admit that there's a chance you could vape and be perfectly fine. But as someone who's smoked for 15+ years and quit by using vapes, don't fuck with your lungs. I'm not even 30 and I can feel my lungs decrease in ability.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:26:50 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
I've messed around with vaping for a bit, and have a couple friends that are into it - some to quit smoking, some as a hobby. I tried it for the second, and it was just too dang expensive for what I got out of it. For this exact same reason, I'd say no-no to vaping. If anything, I'd go with a cigar over a vape, since that doesn't pull into the lungs, but really I'd stay away from all of them. Go buy a .22lr instead, it's cheaper and more fun.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't intend to sound like a dick but I absolutely mean it. This is not a hobby you should pursue. The risk is not worth it. Especially if you use nicotine and give yourself an addiction you don't need.

Check out an oxygen or IV bar (side note, they're actually pretty fucking cool).
Learn cardistry.
Learn woodworking.

Seriously though. If your lungs are a point of weakness on your body, please don't fuck with them.

I admit that there's a chance you could vape and be perfectly fine. But as someone who's smoked for 15+ years and quit by using vapes, don't fuck with your lungs. I'm not even 30 and I can feel my lungs decrease in ability.
View Quote
This is really the best advise. You already have reduced lungs I wouldn't even think about it. I started vaping to quit smoking after 20+ years about three years ago. I still do vape with very low nic mainly just because I enjoy it and it is a means to get away from the desk at work. If you are not addicted to nicotine at all don't even start even with the 0 nic juices out there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Learn cardistry.
Learn woodworking.

View Quote
No problem. I appreciate your honesty about it. You are right why should I try something when I have Asthma which is a horrid disease to go around messing with. I learn about computers I'm 35 and computers seem to work for me. 
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:06:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No problem. I appreciate your honesty about it. You are right why should I try something when I have Asthma which is a horrid disease to go around messing with. I learn about computers I'm 35 and computers seem to work for me. 
View Quote
What do you mean about doing computers? To me, that's like saying I like building.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#11]
If you can do it without looking like a F_G, you have it made.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#12]
So don't really listen to much to the feedback you get on the vaping forum, mine included, make your own decision.  Not a lot of helpful info here anymore.

You do not have to vape with nicotine.  You do not have to inhale.  There are 2 primarily vape draw types, mouth to lung and direct lung.  Mouth to lung would allow you to pull a draw and blow it out instead of inhale it.  I wouldn't recommend direct lung type devices.

I would probably recommend another hobby but, it is your decision.

Maybe these vids will give you info.

Vaping with Asthma

Another vid

Another
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:54:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Im using vaping to quit smoking.  Dont do it.  Why pick up a habit that is bad for your body especially with asthma?  Our lungs were designed only to breathe air, while vaping is certainly better than cigarettes its definitely not good for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top