Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2017 12:35:03 PM EDT
Looking at some different kits and found this one Link was wondering if this is a good set-up?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#1]
That used to be considered a good setup around 5 years ago. It is still super simple but provided the options on the market today, that one is extremely overpriced.

Here's a brief writeup on some good present-day options with a bit of explaination

If you're lazy here's it shortened even more.

All the below are easy to use. One button that you hold down. You will need to change the coils in the tank about once every 1-2 weeks or so. You will know when it's time to change the coil out when you get less vapor and taste.

Almost all of them except the t22 will be cigar size and will all last about the same amount of time (except the t22 again)

eGo ONE ($29.95)
Endura T18 ($19.95)
Endura T22 ($29.95)
eGo AIO ($17.95)

The T18 and T22 are regarded highly as they apparently have a draw close to cigarettes. The T18 and T22 also both use the same tank (provided) and the only difference is the battery. The T22 has a bigger squareish battery that sticks out a bit.

My cousin used the AIO to quit and still carries it a year later.

Feel free to ask any questions around here.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to a local shop and got a Kengertech EVOD. I only got two juices (spearmint, Moo Juice). The Moo Juice smells like strawberries and cream. I tried the spearmint yesterday and it's meh. I'm hoping for some suggestions on different flavors. Also, if I get tired of one flavor can I clean out my tank and add the new flavor or should I use a new tank?
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:05:17 AM EDT
[#4]
It depends on your personal tastes really. I would try and find a shop in your area that allows you to taste or sample juices. Most shops will have tanks or drippers with juices already in them that you can taste before you buy. There are also plenty of online retailers that offer sample packs where they're small tester bottles that you can pick anywhere from 3-20 flavors to try.

Also, to change juices, you can
-fill up the tank with the new juice and let the two fuse in a weird funky mixture that you keep refilling until one taste fully takes over
-dump out the old juice and put in the new juice and the transition period is way shorter
-empty the tank and change the coil and fill the tank with your next juice to switch flavors immediately.

I would not recommend washing out the tank with water with a coil inside of it as water will get into the cotton and mess with the flavor for a while.

Some flavors like mints and menthols tend to stick in the coils and never really leave. So if you use a strong mentholated juice, everything from there on will taste slightly like menthol until you change the coil and clean the inside of the tank.

Edit: if I remember correctly, the EVOD tank is plastic inside so you might want to stay away from citrus (like orange) and cinnamon flavors as those have a history of cracking plastic tanks.

Enjoy getting off the stinkies!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top