Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2017 9:41:31 PM EDT
Great Vid for Newbies ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L18sa1DJJw

I ordered supplies from NICVAPE

10% Military or Veteran discount -
They ship FAST on USPS Priority out of South Carolina. ( Ordered on Monday - got my shit on Wednesday ).
Prices appear to be better than most ( especially nicotine ).

I have no affiliation with them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Been making my own for a few years. It is a hell of a lot cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I've added this mix calculator from the yt vid above..

http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.asp

Easy to use - here's what it looks like.

It's easy to use once you realize which definitions you need to set it up.

Under Nicotine unit, I check mg/ml

Under Nicotine Base Liquid I enter 100 ( mg/ml )
VP/PG RATIO I check 100% VG
Flavoring 6ml

Under Target - Finished product
Just enter the values you want -
I use 6mg Nicotine
70/30 ( VG / PG mix )

The MIXING - How to make it box updates as you fill in the values - including how much flavor to add for your specific volume on this mix.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
This is the calculator I use.  They all do the same thing for the most part, but I like that site because you can make a profile and save recipes, input your flavors and use a "What can I make?" feature to show you other recipes people have come up with that you can make with the flavors you have on hand.  You can also just search recipes to try.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the calculator I use.  They all do the same thing for the most part, but I like that site because you can make a profile and save recipes, input your flavors and use a "What can I make?" feature to show you other recipes people have come up with that you can make with the flavors you have on hand.  You can also just search recipes to try.
View Quote

I use the same calculator. I also follow a few mixers on there and would love to try some more of their recipes but the GF would kill me if I buy more flavors.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Been making my own for a few years. It is a hell of a lot cheaper.
View Quote

It sure is cheaper.

I used to measure everything, anymore I eyeball ingredients, but that's not hard when you only do a handful of recipes. Using an easily divisible nic solution like 48mg, 10% on the flavorings, etc.

I might look at another vendor for supplies, I usually order twice a year from wizard labs.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:46:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I like Bull City Vapors for flavor concentrates.  They re-bottle into squeeze bottles, so it makes for measuring by weight very easy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
And, we're off! Just waiting on the nic juice to get here, hopefully tomorrow because I'm about dry. I actually was going to ask advice last week but figured I'd make sure a thread wasn't already ongoing. Sure enough.

I got the flavors for the ripe strawberry juice in the video because I enjoy a good strawberry custard and picked up some others to play with.  

Going to try a VBIC and apple pie combo with possibly some sweet cream to steep for a few weeks while I'm using the strawberry custard.

Let me know if there's any flavors that are a given necessity.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And, we're off! Just waiting on the nic juice to get here, hopefully tomorrow because I'm about dry. I actually was going to ask advice last week but figured I'd make sure a thread wasn't already ongoing. Sure enough.

I got the flavors for the ripe strawberry juice in the video because I enjoy a good strawberry custard and picked up some others to play with.  

Going to try a VBIC and apple pie combo with possibly some sweet cream to steep for a few weeks while I'm using the strawberry custard.

Let me know if there's any flavors that are a given necessity.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/42439/IMAG0337-157443.JPG
View Quote

Sounds like we have a similar taste.  I would highly recommend picking up the TFA Ripe Strawberry in a 4oz bottle.  Most recipes that have it, use a high percentage of it.  Same goes for TFA VBIC.  Stuff is delicious. Get a big bottle of it.

I also got TFA Vanilla Custard and Cap Vanilla Custard v1 in 4oz bottles.  

I'm still a noob, and only a couple months into DIY.  It's fun, and convenient.  I typically stick with other people's recipes, as I'm not a creative person.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#9]
To add to my last post; I would recommend doing other people's recipes for awhile, and you'll start figuring out what works good together, what flavors you'll need bigger bottles of, etc, etc.  You also might stumble on some flavors that just don't work for you.  For example; I just can't tolerate caramel or cheesecake graham crust at the recommended percentages.  Caramel overpowers everything else for me and cheesecake graham crust gives me a scratchy throat hit, personally.  But my GF can try it and not get the same results as me, and she enjoys them.

So if I see them in a recipe I'm trying for myself, I'll cut the percentages in half (or more).  It's a learning curve.

Are you mixing by volume or weight?  Edit: I see the scale in your pic now.  I prefer mixing by weight, too.  Just seems easier to me.  I have the same scale.  It's really good.  Just a heads up; If you use batteries instead of the power cord, just know that it will turn off after sitting idle (can't remember how long).  Not an issue if you're between flavors/nic/VG/etc.  But if you're mid-pour and stop to answer your phone or something, you'll lose your weight.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
To add to my last post; I would recommend doing other people's recipes for awhile, and you'll start figuring out what works good together, what flavors you'll need bigger bottles of, etc, etc.  You also might stumble on some flavors that just don't work for you.  For example; I just can't tolerate caramel or cheesecake graham crust at the recommended percentages.  Caramel overpowers everything else for me and cheesecake graham crust gives me a scratchy throat hit, personally.  But my GF can try it and not get the same results as me, and she enjoys them.

So if I see them in a recipe I'm trying for myself, I'll cut the percentages in half (or more).  It's a learning curve.

Are you mixing by volume or weight?  Edit: I see the scale in your pic now.  I prefer mixing by weight, too.  Just seems easier to me.  I have the same scale.  It's really good.  Just a heads up; If you use batteries instead of the power cord, just know that it will turn off after sitting idle (can't remember how long).  Not an issue if you're between flavors/nic/VG/etc.  But if you're mid-pour and stop to answer your phone or something, you'll lose your weight.
View Quote

Cool, thanks for the heads-up.  Yeah, I'm sure I'll start getting bigger bottles soon. I just got a bunch to start out with and see what I like, but the bigger ones I ordered I think are a sure bet based on what I was reading, so it's worth the gamble.  Seems like folks go hard on the VBIC, the Bavarian makes sense since I dig custards and the Strawberry Ripe is popular.  All the variations though, damn.  I think I saw three different graham cracker flavors from TFA alone.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, you definitely can't go wrong with the 30ml flavors you ordered.  All good choices and used in a lot of recipes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top