Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Keith1980:
So I just made some juice with my new flavors. It is probably the best juice I've ever made. This shit is tasty. IMO, it tastes EXACTLY like I'm eating a watermelon Jolly Rancher.

16% FW Candy Watermelon
5% TFA Watermelon Candy
4% FW Hard Candy
2% WL Super Sour
View Quote
Sounds good. "Shake and vape", I assume?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice. I prefer those kind. I tend to make a bottle right before I run out, so steeping is usually out of the question.

Made this one today from ELR. Haven't tried it yet, though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Will do.

Here's the notes that went along with the recipe;

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#6]
So I just made some juice with my new flavors. It is probably the best juice I've ever made. This shit is tasty. IMO, it tastes EXACTLY like I'm eating a watermelon Jolly Rancher.

16% FW Candy Watermelon
5% TFA Watermelon Candy
4% FW Hard Candy
2% WL Super Sour
View Quote
I'll have to try yours out and compare it to mine.

Here's my recipe.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Try the FW Watermelon Candy. It's more spot on than the TFA.
View Quote
I'll have to add it on. I think it'll bring me up to 5 or 6 watermelon flavors
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Is anyone tracking average cost per 100ml?

I've locked into a flavor/nic combo I enjoy and I'm curious if it would be much cheaper to make it myself.

I'm paying over around 38 bucks for 210 ML of 6mg 80% VG Pina Colada flavored juice. I use about 200-230 ml per month.

Being a cheap skate... is it ever going to worth it to make my own?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:38:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:58:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Punkface] [#11]
Lets do some quick, dirty, and probably not exact math. You can mix pretty much any FW flavoring at 15% as a one flavor juice and get something decent (this is what MBV does supposedly) so that will be our baseline.

Bull city flavors has FW flavorings for $1.49 per 10 ml.

That's enough flavoring to make ~65 ml of juice.

VG and PG are ~ $13 a quart at amazon. A quart is roughly 950ml. You would use ~55 ml of vg/pg for 65 ml of juice (10 ml is flavoring). Works out to about 1.368 cents per ml of vg/pg.

0.01368 X 55 = ~$0.75.

So if you clean out an old bottle and toss everything in, you're looking at ~ $2.25 to make 65 ml of juice without nicotine.

I'm too lazy to do the math for nicotine prices and stuff but add a quarter or something if you wanna think it out that far.

In the long run it's cheap as hell. Kind of like reloading. It's expensive to start up because you need the equipment. Kind of like reloading.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Punkface:
Lets do some quick, dirty, and probably not exact math. You can mix pretty much any FW flavoring at 15% as a one flavor juice and get something decent (this is what MBV does supposedly) so that will be our baseline.

Bull city flavors has FW flavorings for $1.49 per 10 ml.

That's enough flavoring to make ~65 ml of juice.

VG and PG are ~ $13 a quart at amazon. A quart is roughly 950ml. You would use ~55 ml of vg/pg for 65 ml of juice (10 ml is flavoring). Works out to about 1.368 cents per ml of vg/pg.

0.01368 X 55 = ~$0.75.

So if you clean out an old bottle and toss everything in, you're looking at ~ $2.25 to make 65 ml of juice without nicotine.

I'm too lazy to do the math for nicotine prices and stuff but add a quarter or something if you wanna think it out that far.

In the long run it's cheap as hell. Kind of like reloading. It's expensive to start up because you need the equipment. Kind of like reloading.
View Quote
And then once you get good at it all you need is a bottle and the ingredients, and you have a cabinet full of equipment that collects dust, lol.

Only equipment I use any more is beaker to measure, and most of the markings have worn off the beaker, lol.

Even nic I just dribble a bit in, I use so little I'm not concerned about measuring it...just a ml or two for a 400ml batch gives it all the throat hit I need/want. At 100mg/ml, it takes roughly 12ml to hit 3mg/ml for a 400ml batch, so the safety margin of error is pretty huge.  Big batches are just easier.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:05:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Let me know how it is. I think I have all those ingredients.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Nice. I prefer those kind. I tend to make a bottle right before I run out, so steeping is usually out of the question.

Made this one today from ELR. Haven't tried it yet, though.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/144217/Screenshot-20170624-200711-238101.JPG
Let me know how it is. I think I have all those ingredients.
I'm liking it. Like the notes say, it would make a good base, but it's also good as a standalone juice.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#14]

There are "recomended percentages" for most flavors. Just try Googling "Recommended percentage for <insert your brand of flavor>", and go from there. Some flavors are extremely strong and only require a small amount to taste. Others need more.

I don't have any experience with premixed solutions.
View Quote
All the flavors have recommended percentages. I just mixed strawberry and banana at the recommended %. It was kind of strong so I added a little of the unflavored liquid to the tank. I made a 30ml batch, under the impression that the flavors make up a portion of the overall 30ml versus adding 30ml plus the flavor. I think I'm just going to add 1ml at a time until it is right.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#15]
"Bull City Flavors is celebrating Independence Day by offering 15% off your entire order!  Sale starts Saturday, July 1st and will last through Tuesday, July 4th!  Use coupon code 4JULY2017 at checkout"

"Wizard Labs: 20% off INW and Cap. Code: C&I20. Only Valid until Midnight 6/30/17 EST."
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:07:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:
All the flavors have recommended percentages. I just mixed strawberry and banana at the recommended %. It was kind of strong so I added a little of the unflavored liquid to the tank. I made a 30ml batch, under the impression that the flavors make up a portion of the overall 30ml versus adding 30ml plus the flavor. I think I'm just going to add 1ml at a time until it is right.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2apatriot:

There are "recomended percentages" for most flavors. Just try Googling "Recommended percentage for <insert your brand of flavor>", and go from there. Some flavors are extremely strong and only require a small amount to taste. Others need more.

I don't have any experience with premixed solutions.
Yeah, it's just trial and error. I haven't been very creative with my juices. I just use recipes online and make them. Sometimes tweaking them. But usually I'm happy with the end product.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 4:13:00 AM EDT
[#18]

16% FW Candy Watermelon
5% TFA Watermelon Candy
4% FW Hard Candy
2% WL Super Sour
View Quote
My first DIY recipe and damned if it doesnt taste exactly like a watermelon jolly rancher.

good stuff.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 7:26:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Been doing this recipe I found online for awhile now. Simple and delicious.

Kiwi Double (TPA) - 6%
Strawberry (TPA) - 10%

You'll need some PG, unless you like a super high VG ratio. With no PG (except the PG based nicotone and flavors), it comes out to 97/3. I add PG to make it 85/15.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 4:01:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Kiwi Double (TPA) - 6%
Strawberry (TPA) - 10%

You'll need some PG, unless you like a super high VG ratio. With no PG (except the PG based nicotone and flavors), it comes out to 97/3. I add PG to make it 85/15.
View Quote
How would that come out to 97/3? Wouldn't it be 84/16 before nicotine since they're PG based flavors? Or am I just failing at reading comprehension (very possible at this point. I'm having a tard day)
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#22]
How would that come out to 97/3? Wouldn't it be 84/16 before nicotine since they're PG based flavors? Or am I just failing at reading comprehension (very possible at this point. I'm having a tard day)
View All Quotes

Kiwi Double (TPA) - 6%
Strawberry (TPA) - 10%

Most of my days are tard days, and I hate math. I just rechecked it in my recipe list/calculator, and it was defaulting the ratio to "Max VG". That comes out to 97/3.

But I just add PG to make it 85/15.
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 10:24:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Ugh...I don't keep notes like I used to...I should have remembered to look here for my cherry recipe, I just received a big order of flavorings and forgot the sweet strawberry.

I'm gonna make a bottle of watermelon/pomegranate/sour base.  What else should I add?
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 9:41:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/10/2017 11:42:32 PM EDT
[#25]

A hard candy flavor perhaps? Hard to say without trying the juice.
View Quote
It's like a cherry sweet tart...I don't think I want to go any further in the candy direction.  I might experiment with some pound cake, see if I can tone down the sugary and sour notes, make the fruits a tad richer.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 12:06:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TotalUnRecall] [#26]
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 12:23:34 AM EDT
[#27]

16% FW Candy Watermelon
5% TFA Watermelon Candy
4% FW Hard Candy
2% WL Super Sour
View Quote
I've gone through about 200ml or so of this stuff. Really good.
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 8:14:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Glad you like it. It's still the only one I make. Two of my friends constantly ask me for it also.
View Quote
Yeah, I've had some people try it and everyone likes it a lot.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 8:14:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 2:56:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 1:06:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Twelvepack] [#32]
Nice!!
View All Quotes
Nice!!
Totally, thanks for sharing that, been needing to restock some flavors.

ETA:  Shit, just saw the expiration...maybe next year!  
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 4:31:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 10:39:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Slackers.

But good news, they extended the sale.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#35]

16% FW Candy Watermelon
5% TFA Watermelon Candy
4% FW Hard Candy
2% WL Super Sour
View Quote
So I am new to DIY e-liquid and want to make this juice as my first recipe. I have a question: do you assume all flavors are PG based for calculation on PG/VG ratio? In this example, if I am making 100 ml total juice (with no nicotine), and I want a 30/70 PG/VG ratio, I calculate:

16% FW Candy Watermelon = 16 ml
5% TFA Watermelon Candy = 5 ml
4% FW Hard Candy = 4 ml
2% WL Super Sour = 2 ml

This gives total of 27 % at 27 ml with just the flavors, so I need to add 3 ml PG and 70 ml VG? Seems logical, but I wanted to check with the experts here first. TIA!
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 5:49:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#36]
Originally Posted By RamblinWreck:
So I am new to DIY e-liquid and want to make this juice as my first recipe. I have a question: do you assume all flavors are PG based for calculation on PG/VG ratio? In this example, if I am making 100 ml total juice (with no nicotine), and I want a 30/70 PG/VG ratio, I calculate:

4% FW Hard Candy = 4 ml
2% WL Super Sour = 2 ml

This gives total of 27 % at 27 ml with just the flavors, so I need to add 3 ml PG and 70 ml VG? Seems logical, but I wanted to check with the experts here first. TIA!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RamblinWreck:

16% FW Candy Watermelon
5% TFA Watermelon Candy
4% FW Hard Candy
2% WL Super Sour

4% FW Hard Candy = 4 ml
2% WL Super Sour = 2 ml

Almost all flavors are PG based, but manufacturers will tell in the description. But they aren't 100% PG (some of it is flavoring, of course), so you can't look at it like 27% of flavoring is 27% PG.

I use this calculator for all my juices. You can enter a specific PG/VG ratio if you want, or do "Max VG". It will also account for whether or not your nicotine is VG based or PG based and what concentration it is (I use 100mg nic). Or if you're not using nic, just put a 0 in the "Desired strength" field. The calculator is set to assume flavors are PG based, but you can change it to VG based if need be.

If you make an account, you can save all your recipes and keep them in a tidy list for easy access. You can also input all the flavors you have on hand, and it will give you a list of other recipes that you can make (I've found some really good recipes this way). I generally sort by the star rating when searching.

Here is the recipe for 100ml, at 70VG/30PG, with no nicotine:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 5:49:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#37]
*double tap
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks. I prefer to do the calcs myself (engineer), but will bookmark that page as there is good info there. I'll slowly add flavors to my collection as I attempt different recipes. I do have some 100mg/ml nic base, but that is for mixing ej for friends, as I have kicked my nicotine habit. I still like to puff now and then, especially while relaxing and enjoying a beverage or three. I recently got a box mod and a couple RTAs and enjoy the flavor a lot. Still looking for a tobacco blend that tastes like a Cuban cigar; so far most I've tried taste like a cheapo blunt or pipe tobacco.

I'll try your recipe first. I really like Om Vapor Omega, a key lime, coconut, cheesecake flavor, and will be trying to get close to that next.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 4:23:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PinePig] [#40]

16% FW Candy Watermelon
5% TFA Watermelon Candy
4% FW Hard Candy
2% WL Super Sour
View Quote
I HAD ( love WM JRs ) to try that out so I ordered some stuff,   still have a little left over in my tank of some other stuff ( poured it out ) but DAMN that's pretty good.  I bet the next fill will even be better.

Cheers to you,  good mix.

ETA,  just took a few drags to clear the remaining flavor,  oh shit yeah.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 11:48:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 11:39:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Capella lime flavor...damned good.  I might become a lime addict.  Very hard to abuse, it somehow manages to be a strong flavor without ever being overwhelming, no chemical taste.

The 4oz size from Wizard Labs comes in a dripper bottle...I think all their 4oz flavors do now...and it's awesome if you want to doctor up a 30ml.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#44]
I just realized I never posted my favorite recipe out of all the ones I've ever made.

27 ml VG
3 ml 100 mg nic base

Link Posted: 7/19/2018 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Came across this one awhile ago and saved it. Haven't made it yet, but I do have both flavors. Seems promising. It can't be terrible with only 2 ingredients, right?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 10:24:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#47]
It only takes one ingredient to make it terrible.
View All Quotes
Came across this one awhile ago and saved it. Haven't made it yet, but I do have both flavors. Seems promising. It can't be terrible with only 2 ingredients, right?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/144217/Screenshot_20180719-011851_Samsung_Internet-612381.JPG
It only takes one ingredient to make it terrible.
True!

I'll whip up a small batch and see how it is.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 12:35:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Keep us posted. I'm still stuck on the watermelon Jolly Rancher.
View Quote
Made a 20ml batch at 18mg for use in a high ohm single coil tank. But I think my nicotine is going downhill. Tasted way peppery, and couldn't taste much flavor. I might try again at my normal 6mg so I can actually taste it.

Yeah, I'm still using your recipe pretty much exclusively. Shit's good.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 2:59:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top