Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Choosing new e cigs. need help (Page 120 of 121)
Page / 121
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I just joined the club.   Leaving for Key Largo this morning and between having to fly down there and then staying at a smoke free resort for a week these sound like my best solution.  I've smoked for 40 years and the thought of not having my morning nicotine fix out on the balcony was a little dis-settling .  No clue what e-cig I even purchased other than the fact it was a more expensive model with the larger battery and adjustable voltage.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 8:10:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tnriverluver:
Well I just joined the club.   Leaving for Key Largo this morning and between having to fly down there and then staying at a smoke free resort for a week these sound like my best solution.  I've smoked for 40 years and the thought of not having my morning nicotine fix out on the balcony was a little dis-settling .  No clue what e-cig I even purchased other than the fact it was a more expensive model with the larger battery and adjustable voltage.
View Quote

The important question; Is it working for you?
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

Yup, definitely the best option. Careful though, you may want ti pick it up more than a cig. when you get back. If you only have one battery be sure you charge it every night.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Well The iTaste MVP that Wilson sent me arrived yesterday evening.

I must say it is heavy but not having to worry about charging it while I am at work is worth it.

Wilson took care of me, including a bottle of Thug Juice and a bottle of Get Razzled.

Tonight it is heading to work with me and no smokes.

Wilson is definitely a Class A, super nice guy in my book.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#5]
nice
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 2:15:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Looking to buy a new VV device, my current two variable mod's are a couple years old and I'm having issues, I like the looks and specs of a couple different Innokin's VTR, SVD, and MVP 2.0, Looking for long battery live 3-6 voltage, ohms meter, 510/ego connects, passthrough and usb charging would be nice too, the MVP seems like a deal at about $40 on ebay. Anyone with experience with any of these have feedback? Better suggestions? I haven't been keeping up on the latest devices for over a year.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:23:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lcoates33] [#7]
Originally Posted By F4Squid:
Looking to buy a new VV device, my current two variable mod's are a couple years old and I'm having issues, I like the looks and specs of a couple different Innokin's VTR, SVD, and MVP 2.0, Looking for long battery live 3-6 voltage, ohms meter, 510/ego connects, passthrough and usb charging would be nice too, the MVP seems like a deal at about $40 on ebay. Anyone with experience with any of these have feedback? Better suggestions? I haven't been keeping up on the latest devices for over a year.
View Quote

MVP all the way..

Early last week i killed my previous work rig and picked an MVP up. All i can say is, i should have done that months ago.

It does everything it says it will do, and it does it very well. I'm a pretty heavy vaper (6+ mils a day) and i still get 2 days on a charge.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:26:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tnriverluver] [#8]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It most definitely helped during the trip!  I carried 6 packs of smokes along and I normally smoke 1-1/12 packs a day.  After 6 days I came back home with 3 packs!  It just doesn't give the pleasant buzz of a real smoke so I probably need to go with the strongest nicotine level.  I chose the one listed as 18? where the strongest is 24? just for precautionary reasons.  My battery last 3 days without issue before needing a charge but I didn't use it constantly because of being able to grab a real smoke here and there and many times was just to busy to even think about smoking.  Kanger T3S with the big battery.  I did have a few issues with some leakage and it not working because of that but I was able to resolve most of those issues now that I am home and was able to do some Googling.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 10:33:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tnriverluver] [#9]
I must say that biggest advantage was while driving I did not have to listen to my wife bitch about me smoking.  Even with the windows down when I have a smoke she gets angry.  We drove all over the place with the windows up with the air on and she never smelled a thing or complained once.  I cracked the windows at first and she told me to leave it rolled up
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 11:35:59 AM EDT
[#10]

It most definitely helped during the trip!  I carried 6 packs of smokes along and I normally smoke 1-1/12 packs a day.  After 6 days I came back home with 3 packs!  It just doesn't give the pleasant buzz of a real smoke so I probably need to go with the strongest nicotine level.  I chose the one listed as 18? where the strongest is 24? just for precautionary reasons.  My battery last 3 days without issue before needing a charge but I didn't use it constantly because of being able to grab a real smoke here and there and many times was just to busy to even think about smoking.  Kanger T3S with the big battery.  I did have a few issues with some leakage and it not working because of that but I was able to resolve most of those issues now that I am home and was able to do some Googling.
View All Quotes

Nice!  

Yeah, you could try bumping the nicotine, to get a little more satisfaction.  I started at 24.

Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By lcoates33:

MVP all the way..

Early last week i killed my previous work rig and picked an MVP up. All i can say is, i should have done that months ago.

It does everything it says it will do, and it does it very well. I'm a pretty heavy vaper (6+ mils a day) and i still get 2 days on a charge.
View All Quotes

MVP all the way..

Yeah I've not seen a negative review on the device, just want to make sure I'm not overlooking any better devices in my budget range. How is the included tank? Looks like I get to choose 2 16's or 1 30, Nautilus is my main tank, worth picking up spare heads for the included tank?
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Yeah I've not seen a negative review on the device, just want to make sure I'm not overlooking any better devices in my budget range. How is the included tank? Looks like I get to choose 2 16's or 1 30, Nautilus is my main tank, worth picking up spare heads for the included tank?
View All Quotes

MVP all the way..

To each their own, but i don't like the top coil innokin tanks. The draw is too tight for my liking.
Flavor is fine though.

If i had to choose, i'd go with the 30. (But save your cash and by spare Nautilis coils..)
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#13]

To each their own, but i don't like the top coil innokin tanks. The draw is too tight for my liking.
Flavor is fine though.

If i had to choose, i'd go with the 30. (But save your cash and by spare Nautilis coils..)
View All Quotes

MVP all the way..

Flavor is fine though.

Ok I'm not a fan of tight draws either so I'll definitely pick up some extra nautilus bvc's. Placing the order tonite since my provari gave up the ghost today.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:06:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tnriverluver] [#14]
Just got the Itaste MVP.  Way better than my Kangertech T3S that I started with last week.  Got sick of the constant leakage and not working half the time plus it was almost impossible to even get a good draw off of it.  I think this new vape tool may be the ticket to getting off cigarettes after 40 years of smoking
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got the Itaste MVP.  Way better than my Kangertech T3S that I started with last week.  Got sick of the constant leakage and not working half the time plus it was almost impossible to even get a good draw off of it.  I think this new vape tool may be the ticket to getting off cigarettes after 40 years of smoking
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:50:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#16]
I accidentally fell asleep on the couch last night watching the first year of the original 5-0. Then I woke up with an AH, WHAT THE FUCK. I had pinned my mod under one arm (no kick just the panny 18650) and got my dripper scalding hot. Battery was pretty toasty, mod was hot, etc. Luckily it burned me awake and was on a leather couch.

I guess it is a PSA - don't do stupid shit like me
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By sywagon:
I accidentally fell asleep on the couch last night watching the first year of the original 5-0. Then I woke up with an AH, WHAT THE FUCK. I had pinned my mod under one arm (no kick just the panny 18650) and got my dripper scalding hot. Battery was pretty toasty, mod was hot, etc. Luckily it burned me awake and was on a leather couch.

View Quote

I don't think I'd enjoy that one bit.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:45:26 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sywagon:

Yeah, FUCK THAT. Not dozing with a mod in my hand again. Funny thing is there was never a chance to burn down my house smoking because I had to go outside.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Nostaglia.

Oh, and...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I know it cant be archived.  Was just thinking of how busy this thread and subforum used to be.

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:13:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Keith1980:

Well we used to rely on you for entertainment. So step up your game!!!
View All Quotes
I know it cant be archived.  Was just thinking of how busy this thread and subforum used to be.

Well we used to rely on you for entertainment. So step up your game!!!

Speaking of entertainment, I cant wait til my sentence is over.  Having to log out to read GD sucks.  I should be sleeping right now, but Im reading the creepy stories thread.  I always catch myself reading it when Im in the dark.  And I swear, Im hearing the floor make noises and it sounds like its getting closer to the bed each time.

A couple years ago, I was laying in bed reading that same thread, in the dark.  Had a fan on and locked so it was blowing right on me.  All of a sudden, I cant feel any air, but I can hear that the fan is still on.  My first thought is "Fuck.  Something is standing at the foot of my bed, between the fan and me, blocking the air."  I shine my phone down to look...and the fan had kicked up the edge of my comforter and was blocking the air from hitting me.    I almost shat my pantaloons.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 1:46:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I think i got it figured out now. lol
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Read back a few pages, this thread is a little off topic it seems. Anyway, I have a good friend who is a smoker, he's quit once with Chantix then went back to it. He smokes some kind of menthol, not Kools, maybe Malboro. And he also smokes some kind of cigar that's like cigarette. green pack IIRC.  I've asked him about trying an e-cig but I don't think he's too motivated to research it. So, in the interest of his health I thought I'd do a little research for him and buy something for him to try. I don't want to break the bank here, he might take one drag and say fuck that which is fine. So I'd like to find something under $50, hopefully on Amazon which I could give him to try this weekend. If he ends up liking it, I know he will research all the better systems.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 3:28:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:32:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Builder1] [#31]
Originally Posted By CS223:
Read back a few pages, this thread is a little off topic it seems. Anyway, I have a good friend who is a smoker, he's quit once with Chantix then went back to it. He smokes some kind of menthol, not Kools, maybe Malboro. And he also smokes some kind of cigar that's like cigarette. green pack IIRC.  I've asked him about trying an e-cig but I don't think he's too motivated to research it. So, in the interest of his health I thought I'd do a little research for him and buy something for him to try. I don't want to break the bank here, he might take one drag and say fuck that which is fine. So I'd like to find something under $50, hopefully on Amazon which I could give him to try this weekend. If he ends up liking it, I know he will research all the better systems.
View Quote

Sounds like your friend needs a decent setup to include a box mod, tank, and some tasty juice. I tried a few of the cigarette style ecigs and didn't care for them either. $50 is also going to be a little short for a good setup. If you could be in the $70-$80 range, I would suggest an IPV D2, couple of Samsung or LG rechargables Uwell crown tank, and some 6mg juice in the flavors that your friend would like. If you think he might prefer something with a built in battery with charging cable, maybe something like an EVic VT or EVic mini with the crown tank would be better. Vape.deals updates daily with the best prices on pretty much anything vape related.
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:10:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: E-Mag] [#32]

Originally Posted By Builder1:

Sounds like your friend needs a decent setup to include a box mod, tank, and some tasty juice. I tried a few of the cigarette style ecigs and didn't care for them either. $50 is also going to be a little short for a good setup. If you could be in the $70-$80 range, I would suggest an IPV D2, couple of Samsung or LG rechargables Uwell crown tank, and some 6mg juice in the flavors that your friend would like. If you think he might prefer something with a built in battery with charging cable, maybe something like an EVic VT or EVic mini with the crown tank would be better. Vape.deals updates daily with the best prices on pretty much anything vape related.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By CS223:

I have set a few people up with cheep/free setups and they never stick with it. People that bought super crappy setups from a mall for big$$ seem to have more of a success rate. I think it is the investment in the crappy product that motivates them to vape for long enough to kick the analogs

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:19:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:19:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Builder1] [#34]
Originally Posted By WILSON:
That's been my experience as well.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By E-Mag:
I have set a few people up with cheep/free setups and they never stick with it. People that bought super crappy setups from a mall for big$$ seem to have more of a success rate. I think it is the investment in the crappy product that motivates them to vape for long enough to kick the analogs  

Better equipment gives better overall experience. Better service life, battery life, flavor for trying new ones, and throat hit which is very important at first when your trying to curb that want for a cigarette.  Doesn't have to be a $250 setup but there are quite a few quality ones under $100. What's $20-$30 more when cigs are $10 a pack and considering the health improvements?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Better equipment gives better overall experience. Better service life, battery life, flavor for trying new ones, and throat hit which is very important at first when your trying to curb that want for a cigarette.  Doesn't have to be a $250 setup but there are quite a few quality ones under $100. What's $20-$30 more when cigs are $10 a pack and considering the health improvements?

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By E-Mag:

I agree in theory that makes sense and is what I needed to help me quit BUT my actual experience of gifting or selling some of my mods at a fraction of the new cost has been 180* off from that.  It seems that if the person is willing to make a significant investment to start it does not matter the equipment they use. They just need to stick with it long enough to break the habit of smoking and the high cost seems to help with that motovation

Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:17:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 3:07:51 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Perfect for the new guy just getting into vaping...
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:21:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#39]
Originally Posted By BURN:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3064/PWM_jpg-1434929.JPG

Perfect for the new guy just getting into vaping...
View Quote

I'm not new to this stuff. I just occasionally bump this thread purely out of nostalgia (I know it's set to not archive, thanks to WILSON, but I still bump it anyway ), as it is the reason this subforum exists. It used to just be a thread in GD.

I lost track of how many years I've been vaping. 7-8ish years I think? Still works for me (though I do still smoke regular cigs due to convenience in some instances). I gave up on trying to keep up with new tech, as this shit advances so quickly and so often. It was fun for awhile, trying all the new hotness. But that just ends up being a money pit and you end up with a ton of gear you won't use again.

I stick with making the same 2-3 DIY juices, and using one mod and one tank. The setup I've been using for probably over a year now is a GeekVape Aegis Legend and GeekVape Zeus Dual (running in single coil mode). It's a hefty setup, but what I like about it is that since I use it in single coil mode with a .5 ohm Clapton at like 35 watts, so it doesn't put out an obnoxious cloud or drain the tank fast, and the battery life is great since it's a dual 18650 mod being run at lower power.

Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#40]

I'm not new to this stuff. I just occasionally bump this thread purely out of nostalgia (I know it's set to not archive, thanks to WILSON, but I still bump it anyway ), as it is the reason this subforum exists. It used to just be a thread in GD.

I lost track of how many years I've been vaping. 7-8ish years I think? Still works for me (though I do still smoke regular cigs due to convenience in some instances). I gave up on trying to keep up with new tech, as this shit advances so quickly and so often. It was fun for awhile, trying all the new hotness. But that just ends up being a money pit and you end up with a ton of gear you won't use again.

I stick with making the same 2-3 DIY juices, and using one mod and one tank. The setup I've been using for probably over a year now is a GeekVape Aegis Legend and GeekVape Zeus Dual (running in single coil mode). It's a hefty setup, but what I like about it is that since I use it in single coil mode with a .5 ohm Clapton at like 35 watts, so it doesn't put out an obnoxious cloud or drain the tank fast, and the battery life is great since it's a dual 18650 mod being run at lower power.

View Quote

@NY_Shooter

get one of these...I have them for about 5 different tanks...Love them...

https://www.inkedatty.com/collections/zeus-26mm-dual-coil-rta-adv-kit/products/adv-expansion-kit-zeus-26mm-dual-rta-12ml

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

@NY_Shooter

https://www.inkedatty.com/collections/zeus-26mm-dual-coil-rta-adv-kit/products/adv-expansion-kit-zeus-26mm-dual-rta-12ml

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3064/ADV_KIT_GeekVape_Zeus_26mm_Dual_Coil_Lea-1496812.JPG

12ml? Damn, that'll last for awhile.

Thanks. I might pick one up.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

@NY_Shooter

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3064/ADV_KIT_GeekVape_Zeus_26mm_Dual_Coil_Lea-1496812.JPG

I use an 18ml for my couch vaping...

Pass through vape station...

Attachment Attached File

@NY_Shooter
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:51:17 PM EDT
[#43]

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3064/18mil_JPG-1496910.JPG

@NY_Shooter
View All Quotes

@NY_Shooter

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3064/18mil_JPG-1496910.JPG

@NY_Shooter

Daaaaaamn. Lol.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Almost looks like the coax going into my base station.
View Quote

GX16 4 pin connectors
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 10:49:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Got one of those next to every light switch in the house, BURN?    
View All Quotes
Got one of those next to every light switch in the house, BURN?    

No but I have to admit...That's BRILLIANT!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 5:53:26 PM EDT
[#48]
So what VV/VW devices are available that take 1850s and are dependable? Are there any good tanks that don’t leak, have premodern heads and hold a fair bit of juice? I’m using the strongest Salt Nic I can get locally in a boulder. I miss my vamp and vivi novas.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By EXCATM76:
So what VV/VW devices are available that take 1850s and are dependable? Are there any good tanks that don’t leak, have premodern heads and hold a fair bit of juice? I’m using the strongest Salt Nic I can get locally in a boulder. I miss my vamp and vivi novas.
View Quote

Aegis X with Zeus tank...they offer the tank that is rebuildable and another that takes coils....

Dual 18650

you can also get an inked atty ADV (All day vape) extension for the tank to bring it up to 10mls of eliquid...
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 6:49:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By EXCATM76:
View Quote

Wow. Vivi Novas. That brings me back. I used to love those things.
Page / 121
Choosing new e cigs. need help (Page 120 of 121)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top