Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 3:45:14 PM EDT
I am on my feet often and do a good amount of walking on concrete. 

They need to hold up to someone heavy use and be appropriate for shirt and tie wear.  

I'm looking to spend $300-$400.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
in for pictures of dress.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am on my feet often and do a good amount of walking on concrete. 

They need to hold up to someone heavy use and be appropriate for shirt and tie wear.  

I'm looking to spend $300-$400.

Thanks!
View Quote

ECCO.......

That's the solution to your problems......
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ECCO.......

View Quote
Came here to post this.  And with that budget you could probably get 2 or 3 pairs.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:37:41 PM EDT
[#4]
For Sourcing, try DSW, Nordstrom Rack, and then last but not least, full Retail at Nordstrom's, Dillards, or the ECCO Store, if they have one near you.....
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:43:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't  go wrong with some Allen Edmonds.

ETA:spelling
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can't go wrong with some Allen Edmonds.
View Quote
. . . or Aldens.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:15:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Came here to post this.  And with that budget you could probably get 2 or 3 pairs.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ECCO.......

Rotating through several pairs is the way to go. Not only will they last longer, but it'll help your feet and joints too.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:08:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

. . . or Aldens.
View Quote
Save up a few more dollars and pick up a pair of Alden's
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#9]
 Thanks all! 

I ordered a pair of ECCO that was on sale.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:51:02 PM EDT
[#10]
They are a bit under your budget, but I really have enjoyed my Johnston & Murphy dress shoes.  Had them for a few years and wear them on an all concrete flooring environment.  Very comfortable and have held up well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They are a bit under your budget, but I really have enjoyed my Johnston & Murphy dress shoes.  Had them for a few years and wear them on an all concrete flooring environment.  Very comfortable and have held up well.
View Quote
I've switched to J&M for nearly all my dress shoes/boots. They are excellent value, and as you said very comfortable and last well. Their rubber soles hold up better than leather and are far more practical for those of us who don't just sit at a desk all day. I've had shoes costing 3 times as much that I didn't like as well.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can't  go wrong with some Allen Edmonds.

ETA:spelling
View Quote
THIS!!!

Allen Edmonds = USA MADE!
High quality, re-craftable, take care of them and they can last a lifetime.

My AE Higgins Mill boots are among my absolute favorites!
My AE Walnut Strands are my favorite dress shoe, ALWAYS gets compliments.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Aldens are incredible.  I've got 2 pair, and I love them.  USA made, too.

However, whatever you get, don't settle when it comes to fit.  Some makers won't be for you...and some makers will have some shoes that fit you well and some that don't.  I tried on a few different Magnannis that felt all wrong on my feet, but then found a pair that were just great.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Hogan makes some great, comfortable, dress shoes. Leather shoes with rubber soles. Leather is soft and comfortable. Oh, and I do have one pair of Brooks Brother's lace up wing tips and the leather is pretty stiff and needs a lot of breaking in to wear comfortably. Tod's also makes soft leather dress shoes (very similar to Hogan) with rubber soles that are comfortable. Prices average $350-$700.

Link to Hogan Brogues

Tod's Derby lace up
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Whatever you choose get two or three pairs and rotate them....storing with cedar shoe trees
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I like Clarks
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#17]
https://thursdayboots.com/products/mens-wingtip-brandy

I've got several pairs of these that look good with a suit or can be worn with jeans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top