Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2017 6:38:17 PM EDT
I have ridiculously thick hair that grows extremely fast, which makes it very difficult to shave my head.

I either use a No 1 trimmer setting, or just shave it bald with a double edged razor, but that irritates the hell out of my scalp.

Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the hair on my head from growing?

This is a week after shaving my scalp bald. It's ridiculous, it drives me crazy.

And I can't do laser hair removal on my head, I was told that with my family history of skin cancer that's not a good idea.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you think NEET that women use on their legs might work? While your hair is short try the NEET on an area.
Or contact a dermatologist and ask if there is a prescription Med that would remove it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you think NEET that women use on their legs might work? While your hair is short try the NEET on an area.
Or contact a dermatologist and ask if there is a prescription Med that would remove it.
View Quote
Not sure.

My gf likes it shaved, but thinks it's like sandpaper when it's short.

I'm probably going to have to see a derm about it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe a foil or rotary electric shaver? The hair on your head can't be any coarser than your beard. It will be a little irritated at first, but your scalp should adjust, just like your face would.

ETA: can one wax one's scalp? I dont even know if that is possible, I'm just trying to throw any possible ideas out there, dumb as they sound.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Maybe a foil or rotary electric shaver? The hair on your head can't be any coarser than your beard. It will be a little irritated at first, but your scalp should adjust, just like your face would.

ETA: can one wax one's scalp? I dont even know if that is possible, I'm just trying to throw any possible ideas out there, dumb as they sound.
View Quote

Hair on your scalp isn't courser, but much stronger roots.

Don't put Nair or Need on your scalp.  And no you can't wax it.  I tried. Nair just made patches come out and I looked like I have the mange.  Then I needed to clean it up with a razor, and it felt like I had a methanol fire on my scalp, much like those Indy car fires.  It was HORRIBLE.

You just have to shave every day.  I don't know how well an electric razor would do.  I always used a Mach 3 on my scalp. Then I  got tired of paying that much, so the shortest it gets is a no guard buzz with my clippers.  Sure it's nice having women rub your smooth shiny scalp.  But I married the last one, so it's not a priority anymore.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:44:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:21:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ever try a headblade?  Couple of old threads says that's the winner.
View Quote
I bought one, I'm gonna try it out this weekend to see if I get any bumps on my head from shaving.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top