Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2017 12:56:10 PM EDT
Brooks Brothers silk, wool and linen blend for $44.99 shipped.

Size looks like it should fit me, might have to have a couple small adjustments made.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, that's a versatile daytime color.  Lot of color pairings with that sport coat so you can use it a lot.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks nice and what matters is you are happy with it

I never noticed this sub section before

If you have a couple nice local thrift stores I bet you can find a few similar nice jackets for far lower price.

Most suits sport jackets are slow movers at the few thrift stores I frequent ( and they are slashed to give away prices to clear out the ones there for more than a couple weeks )
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know if there is a website / app that can help with putting the right jacket with the right shirt and pants? Like you would click the jacket color, shirt color, etc to see how the combo looks?

I need a couple of jackets, but want to look at a darker brown than the above pic, plus a blue one, with different slack or even jean colors.  I don't want to spend a week at a clothiers to do that. Thanks

BUMP for OP. Jacket looks nice.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Brooks Brothers silk, wool and linen blend for $44.99 shipped.
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/2/9/2/1/8/webimg/930754699_tp.jpg
Size looks like it should fit me, might have to have a couple small adjustments made.
View Quote

As mentioned, a versatile color and for the price presuming acceptable quality (to you), why not?.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[…….]If you have a couple nice local thrift stores I bet you can find a few similar nice jackets for far lower price.

Most suits sport jackets are slow movers at the few thrift stores I frequent ( and they are slashed to give away prices to clear out the ones there for more than a couple weeks )
View Quote

Good suggestion. I like to stop in the local thirft store from time to time. Last time I found an appealing houndstooth sport coat on the rack. Tried it on and looked in the mirror – a perfect fit – and in like new condition. The price, $3.99 plus a few pennies tax.

Quoted:
Does anyone know if there is a website / app that can help with putting the right jacket with the right shirt and pants? Like you would click the jacket color, shirt color, etc to see how the combo looks?

I need a couple of jackets, but want to look at a darker brown than the above pic, plus a blue one, with different slack or even jean colors.  I don't want to spend a week at a clothiers to do that. Thanks

BUMP for OP. Jacket looks nice.
View Quote

Give Men’s Style Forum a look @  http://www.styleforum.net/f/20929/menswear-advice . Generally pretty good advice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Give Men’s Style Forum a look @  http://www.styleforum.net/f/20929/menswear-advice . Generally pretty good advice.
View Quote

Seconded.  But especially the WAYWT (What Are You Wearing Today) thread so you can see jacket/pant pairings and decide what you like.

OP - gorge height looks good, any lower and I think it'd look dated.  I'd probably work it into fits with brown, navy, and maybe grey (depending on shade) pants.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top