Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2016 1:39:49 PM EDT
I keep getting this message when trying to use Gunstruction at "www.ar15.com/gunstruction":

"Failed to download required information. Try refreshing the page."

I can go to the website and it will load up, then I click "AR-15" and it starts loading, then the message pops up. I can refresh until I'm blue in the face and it still doesn't work.

I'm on Mac OS 10.11.2. I've used both Safari and Firefox and I get the issue on both. I've wiped the cache and cookies from both and still have the issue.

I've managed to use a saved gun URL (http://www.ar15.com/gunstruction/?guid=38FED08B-869B-4892-A0F8-AAC8BA9B3FA1) to try use Gunstruction, however the saved gun doesn't load. It's just as though there is nothing there. The camera is panning around nothing.

From there I can click "Build", then "AR15", then I can choose a caliber. I can use this to build a gun, however it doesn't show anything as incompatible. I can run rifle length gas tubes on a 7.5 inch barrel, I can use pistol buffer tubes with sliding stocks and they don't turn red. It's weird and isn't working properly.

Do you have any ideas? Is this a problem on my end or is something wrong with Gunstruction? Is this the government? (lol)

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 1:47:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is an example:

This only happens when I use an old build's url to go in however. If I access the site from the regular ar15.com/gunstruction I can't even get to the point in which I can select anything.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 1:17:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I've been having similar issues. I can get the program to start after clicking 'AR15' but, seemingly randomly, certain component categories will produce the "failed to download required information" message. I've also had the 'lack of compatibility conflict' issue, I can use any barrel nut with any handguard, etc, etc. I've tried it with both IE and Firefox, and I've also completely uninstalled Unity Web Player (with Revo Uninstaller) and installed it fresh from the website and still have the issues.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Same thing here. Have a mac 10.10.5
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 12:42:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Same here, on windows ie
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Windows 7, chrome, spent the last 10 minutes or so fooling around in there with no errors.

Link Posted: 1/13/2016 2:03:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm also having issues; I'm running Firefox on Windows 7, and when I click the "AR15" or "AR308" tab, it'll just tell me, "Failed to download required information. Try refreshing the page." I've tried using Google Chrome, but the player won't even launch on that browser for me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone find a fix yet?? I'm starting to agree with the fbi or atf idea lol
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope these pictures are uploading.. I get this first screen and click on ar15 tab
" />

Then I get this. It usually loads up in a second or two when it was working good. It stays on this screen for 30 seconds.
" />

This message pops up after 30 seconds.
" />

I click EXIT and it goes to this page. It works from this page on and I can still use my builds I have saved or build something up but it lets me use any part whether it's compatible or not. I could use a samson rail with a geissele barrel nut without the part becoming red.
" />

Hopefully these pictures upload.. if not I'll try again. Thanks for the help. Wish I was at the shot show lol

Does this happen all the time or randomly? Also can you tell me exactly when the error occurs? Where you are and what you clicked on?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:43:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#12]
So just shift and the reload tab? I tried that and it didn't help. I'm using a mac so I don't if it recognizes that command.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:25:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ronjohnbb] [#13]
I'm also having the same issue as the user above, along with the one described in my OP. Still experiencing these issues today 1/29.

I've tried control+R, I've also deleted my whole cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the Unity web player. Nothing works.

Hope a fix comes soon.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:04:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sandviper] [#15]
I've found that clicking "Featured Build" in the AR-15 section, and then clicking "Abandon Build", will load the parts, and allow me to build a rifle from scratch. However, I cannot load any pre-built rifles.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I found a work-around that works for me. Gunstruction doesn't work on Firefox or Safari for me so I tried Chrome. I Enabled the webgl setting and it all works fine. I had a problem at first where it wouldn't let me type anything into the log in username and password box so I had to type my email and password in a different window and copy/paste them into the log in box and all is well.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I too was able to get it to work on chrome, still seams slower than normal, but at least its working.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:20:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I switched to Chrome, also, and everything's working pretty fine now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GoatBoy] [#20]
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:56:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I just spent a couple minutes playing around with it and didn't experience the issue again.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep it's working again. Thank you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top