Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2015 10:32:06 PM EDT
I'm trying to use this Gunstructor and for some reason, I can't use it. Everytime I try, Unity just crashes. I have tried this on google chrome, firefox and internet explorer each to no avail. I'm almost positive I have installed the unity player right.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#1]
What version of the Unity Player did you download? You are using a PC and not a Mac right? I had a similar issue when I upgraded to version 5 by accident.

It won't work in Chrome worth a damn. use it in Firefox. Unity keeps making changes to the flash player then Gunstruction has to adjust to the changes. What you want to do is install version 4.5.4

Gunstruction has been working on moving to version 5 and that's what you probably installed.

Here's the link for earlier version of Unity - choose the 4X tab

http://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WHSmithIV:
What version of the Unity Player did you download? You are using a PC and not a Mac right? I had a similar issue when I upgraded to version 5 by accident.

It won't work in Chrome worth a damn. use it in Firefox. Unity keeps making changes to the flash player then Gunstruction has to adjust to the changes. What you want to do is install version 4.5.4

Gunstruction has been working on moving to version 5 and that's what you probably installed.

Here's the link for earlier version of Unity - choose the 4X tab

http://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive
View Quote

I'm getting a screen that says error launching unity player, with an option to "show error details" that says failed to create unity loader, and the other option is "install manually" which takes me to unity to download it. I do that and everything goes ok, it says it was successful but I get the same screen when I go back to gunstruction. Happened out of nowhere. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:40:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gunzman:
We just pushed our 3.0 patch, which has brought Unity up to version 5.0.

Clear your browser cache and try again and see if it works for you now.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure my problem was that I was still using 10.6 for my Mac and Unity 5.0 requires 10.7 or newer. I downloaded to 10.10 and it works like before. So if you have a Mac and are still using 10.6 I would suggest updating to 10.10. It's free in the app store.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top