Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2017 6:00:33 PM EDT
Or wine, or cider, or mead, or whatever.

This is my latest beer, a pale ale.  I am quite happy with it.  I didn't fine it other than cold crashing before kegging.  Here's a link to the recipe.  I only adjusted for the AA% of my hops.  http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=100304

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm drinking this one today, so I'll post it.  It's a saison I brewed back in August using Belle Saison yeast.  I keep my house fairly warm in the summer, so I cooled it to 68 degrees in my fermentation chamber, oxygenated, and pitched the yeast before moving it to the warmest part of my house.  I've really enjoyed it and I'll do it again when it warms up, maybe trying a different recipe though.  This bottle has been in the refrigerator for a month or so, so it's pretty clear.  I carbed it to around 3 volumes, but the picture didn't capture any of the bubbles.

Attachment Attached File

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=254684
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice! I think I trashed my first attempt. Hopefully not, but I will be trying again soon!
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The lace on the head speaks for your carbing but don't be locked in to the sub 70 ferment temps. If you run those saison yeasts above 70, they get funky, which is good IMO. They are really tough to over stress on temps I have found. IF you want a low ester/clean profile, then low temps it is. But for the weird funky saison/farmhouse, let those temps rise. That yeast and many others will put out some unique flavors for you.

Same with belgians. I brew my belgians during the summer when I can let the temps go. 70+ and fluctuating. Never higher than 80 though. Get great flavors, no weird esters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top