Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2017 9:37:15 PM EDT
So I got the Ken Onion Work Sharp and am liking it so far.  The only thing I'm concerned about is replacing the belts.  It looks like the brand belts are quite expensive.

Anyone got a source for good aftermarket abrasive bands?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:39:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you get the deal?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you get the deal?
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#4]
5 belts for $18 straight from the manufacturer (assumed good quality). Are you looking for handouts? That's just over $3 per belt. If you can even find belts of that grit and perceived quality anywhere else for a price that competitive I would be surprised.

To put it in perspective, IIRC, the last super-cheap, Chinese belts I bought for my belt sander (admittedly larger size) were $5 each. The actual material savings the go to a smaller size belt isn't that much, so don't expect the price to get much lower than $3 no matter how small they go, there is labor in the manufacturing, inspection, and packaging.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top