Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2017 11:51:27 AM EDT
I did..  Sounds kinda nasty, but I really liked it...

I was out of town on business and they provide us with a Company Travel card and a budget for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner...

It was at a local, seemingly popular Brewing Company/Bar/Restaurant and wanted to try something different...  They had a burger that among other things, had Peanut Butter, which I love. 
So, I figured WTH, I'll try it, if nasty, I'll just order something else...   Turned out Awesome!!!

Since I've been back home, I've tried to make my own a few more times...  Still good!!! But, not as good as theirs...  I wished I could remember the name of the place, so I could look up their online menu and see what else was on the burger...
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 12:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Gotta have bacon, jalapenos, & grilled onions too.

ETA:  Pretzel Bun
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely.

There is a bar here in town, Bacon Bar. They do a peanut butter and jelly with bacon burger. It is fucking delicious. I try anything, I kinda looked at it on the menu like , but it was awesome.
So there you go. Peanut butter, jelly and bacon. A well seasoned burger..tear it up.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I know a guy who swore by PB on burgers.

I haven't tried it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 1:44:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Having burgers tonight, might give that a try
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#5]
It also goes really good with salmon, if you put it on before you grill it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I love peanut butter on hamburgers.  I used to eat one once a week at a place in Lake of the Ozarks back in the late 80's/early to mid 90's called Bayou Bill's.  Anytime, I grill hamburgers now, I always break out the peanut butter.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gotta have bacon, jalapenos, & grilled onions too.

ETA:  Pretzel Bun
View Quote
Nailed it...  I think it might have had a pepper jack Cheese as well...

I can never find pretzel buns around here...
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nailed it...  I think it might have had a pepper jack Cheese as well...

I can never find pretzel buns around here...
View Quote
Smoked Gouda is my go to.

Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, add grape jelly. Mix in with the burger when you make the patty. Just a tablespoon. Then melt the PB when the patty is done, pour half on one side and let it soak, then pour on the other. You can put in back on the stove for about 15 secs on each side.

Take the patty and make your burger with whatever toppings you want.

Even without the PB, the jelly makes the meat taste great. Try that same jelly in your hamburger meat for your spaghetti.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I love a nice peanut butter and bacon sandwich.  But peanut butter on a burger?  Huh I don't know...
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 9:57:11 PM EDT
[#11]
An old classic.

My first was in Sedalia, Mo from the Wheel Inn.  Home of the Guberburger.. Back in the late 60's on the way to the state fair.

Unfortunately they have closed for good.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 2:27:59 AM EDT
[#12]
we use a peanut sauce on pork satay, so putting it on a burger isn't that strange.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 2:34:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 2:49:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Blue Moon here in Seattle has used peanut butter for years.  Going there tomorrow for lunch.  I try to give them as much business as I can after some local idiot protested at the place because the owner said he thought taxes are too high.z

Edited to add:  I didn't go today since I was short of breath and vomited as soon as I went outside due to pollution from Canada.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 2:49:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Killer Burger here in PDX area - Peanutbutter Pickle Bacon Burger!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I tried it at a little hole in the wall type place up in Perrysburg, at first I was but then I was .  Also had one that has jalepenos, cream cheese, and raspberry jelly on it.  It was too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Glockgirl26:
I tried it at a little hole in the wall type place up in Perrysburg, at first I was but then I was .  Also had one that has jalepenos, cream cheese, and raspberry jelly on it.  It was too.
View Quote
Nice name!!!

That sounds interesting, I'd try it...  Not big on Cream Cheese though..
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#18]
All the time.  It's awesome.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Love me a PB&J burger. I am actually smoking up some spare ribs thats I will be making PB&J ribs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEnHwu5hDJU
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:27:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I came here to post this....Bacon Bar yum
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Definitely.

There is a bar here in town, Bacon Bar. They do a peanut butter and jelly with bacon burger. It is fucking delicious. I try anything, I kinda looked at it on the menu like , but it was awesome.
So there you go. Peanut butter, jelly and bacon. A well seasoned burger..tear it up.
I came here to post this....Bacon Bar yum
the bacon candy is pretty good too (candied cayenne pepper'ed bacon)
@Wolfpack

Quoted:
Love me a PB&J burger. I am actually smoking up some spare ribs thats I will be making PB&J ribs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEnHwu5hDJU
with bacon?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

the bacon candy is pretty good too (candied cayenne pepper'ed bacon)
@Wolfpack

with bacon?
View Quote
no but I like the way you think
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@cccpNyC

It's called man candy...

I tried the bacon lasagna and the bacon sloppy joe there recently...both are great.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top