Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2017 3:54:52 PM EDT
Anyone have one or used one???

If you do not know what it is, it its an Electric counter top deal that Fries whatever, with NO grease or Oil...  Supposedly, some Healthier BS...   All I know is it Churns out tasty foods!!!

So, We picked one up from Sam's the other night.  Next night we bought like 8 LBS of Wings, 4 LBS of Breasts, big bag of Fries and a bag of Mozzarella Sticks had several people over and decided to break out the Fryer deal and take if for a spin.

The wings come out crispy as hell!!!  This is a big deal to me as I'm from the City (where we have tons of Wing Joints and choices), now I live in a small Rural area (Cows for neighbors) with very limited choices of eateries, especially Hot wings...  I mean the places that ahve them, I guess taste OK, but are pretty mushy...  I have to have them Crispy and this thing Kills it at that!!!

For the wings, we bought like 5 kinds of Dipping sauce, a bottle of Lemon Pepper seasoning and just told folks to pour what they wanted in their bowl and dip or roll them, vs making a big batch of each flavor and not having anyone eat them... 

We also cut the breasts up in like 1" squares, rolled them in egg, then some coating stuff, then fried!

Must have went over great, because we went through all the chicken except for about 6 which I ate for lunch the next day...

I think we are going to use it again tonight!

Here is a link to the one we bought at Sams. Fryer Link!

Damn, making myself HUNGRY typing about it...
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
What about freedom fries ,OP?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#2]
The wife has one.

The air fryer doesn't fry anything as it is really just a small convection oven that blows hot air across the food.

My regular oven does the same thing but it takes a lot longer to heat up and uses more electricity.

Overall I like the air fryer as it does seem to crisp up food and it is simple enough that the kid can use it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Same, Tasty!!!

I want to try some tactical taters though...

Thin Sliced Taters
Light coat of Olive Oil
Decent coating of LaRue Dillo Dust on both sides
Cook
When they are done cooking, but still hot, sprinkle on Thin shredded Cheddar Cheese,let melt,
Enjoy...
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:37:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you think the 5+ quart capacity is necessary, or maybe one of the 3.5 +/- on amazon might be large enough for a one or two person family?  I've been toying with the idea for several months, off & on.  About how many wings will fit and cook properly in your unit?
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you think the 5+ quart capacity is necessary, or maybe one of the 3.5 +/- on amazon might be large enough for a one or two person family?  I've been toying with the idea for several months, off & on.  About how many wings will fit and cook properly in your unit?
View Quote
Honestly, The thing does take up some space...  Its like a Big Ass Egg..  A hair bigger than our bootleg Kureig Coffer maker deal that has the Whole Pot on one side and single cup deal on the right..

But, I think you need the bigger one...  You can only do about 12 wings per batch in there at a time and they take about 20 mins a batch  +/- 5, depending on how you like them..

But thas just me, maybe ya'll can get by with the smaller one...
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have stopped myself from getting any more kitchen gadgets.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 10:11:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Just got a 5.8 qt one.  Successfully made Buffalo wings and chicken fried steak in it.  Fries are a gimme.

I'm sold!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top